Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
dino rang instead of hex [CLOSED]
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#1 Posted: 05:25:17 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
so tonight, before i went to a friends house, i told my parents to go look for skylanders while they look for a new printer. when i got home, they said they found a couple of them at walmart! i was so excited! but my father had gotten a dino rang, when i told him to get hex. he even said he saw a few hex there, but he thought dino rang better. oh well, i like dino rang anyway.

but im wondering, has a situation like this happened to u before? please reply
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Ravenouschaos Green Sparx Gems: 201
#2 Posted: 05:37:03 22/02/2012
No, since I'm the parent. Just remember, its the though that counts, he did it with love in his heart. If i didn't know any better I would think I dinosaur with boomerangs would be better than a pale chick in a dress. smilie
---
We stand ready to defend Skylands: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#3 Posted: 05:47:17 22/02/2012
A lot of parents are turned off by Hex's name and the fact she looks like a "goth Bratz doll" as one parent put it oh so bluntly. She is on the darker characters in her dialogue, abilities, and overall look. I was at a Gamestop before Christmas where a mother was returning Hex because she was 'too evil and violent' for her 6yo son to use in the game. After playing her....well....yeah, I can see where they're coming from.
#4 Posted: 05:48:10 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
^true. i still like dino-rang, but since my sister has hex, i've played as her so much that i want to get her. but i will soon be able get it hex, so it works out. thanks for the message though
---
131/174
GloverAran Green Sparx Gems: 411
#5 Posted: 05:48:54 22/02/2012
Yeah, particularly if I were getting it for my kids, I'd probably go with the rad-looking dinosaur over the goth chick standing on a skull.

Gotta say, though, Dino-rang's in-game exclamations are probably my favorite of anyone's. WOLLYGANG!
---
Still hunting for: Eye Brawl, Thumpback, Ninjini
#6 Posted: 05:53:11 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
well, my sister got hex, so the reason my dad didn't get it because my sis already had it. he doesn't get the entire thing about ownership.
---
131/174
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#7 Posted: 06:25:33 22/02/2012
Ownership is by console, not person, I believe. If you're playing on the same file/console, it should fall under the same owner.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
gsizzle Green Sparx Gems: 272
#8 Posted: 07:02:31 22/02/2012
I remember being a kid and begging my Mom to pick me up a Nintendo game while she was out shopping. She'd always buy the most bargain bin junk there was, but I was always appreciative. At worst case, I'd trick one of my friends into trading me a better game for my crap one.

With that said, the first non-starter pack Skylander my girls wanted was Hex. Luckily for them, there was a Hex at Toys R Us when I came across a Legendary 3 pack.

My advice though is that, unless they erroneously buy you a "double" (Which I'd try to exchange ASAP), you follow this rule: "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit"
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:09:04 22/02/2012 by gsizzle
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#9 Posted: 07:48:32 22/02/2012
I'm actually not that into Hex myself, but I got her in a three pack. I guess she's okay. I feel like her attacks are almost kind of hard to use, though.

I think it's funny on one of those stories above about the mom returning Hex, she sounds like one of those over-conservative parents.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 15:14:08 22/02/2012
If you ask me, a lot of parents are just a little too overprotective. We had AHH Real Monsters and RL Stine shows growing up, and those were downright nightmare fuel.

That being said, Dino Rang is a great choice. I don't really care for Hex that much, but Dino Rangs boomerangs are the most hilarious things ever. Using them to hunt down enemies ahead of you is so very satisfying.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Nilus Red Sparx Gems: 47
#11 Posted: 16:28:46 22/02/2012
Hehe I bought 8 of the different elements before Christmas, to go with my son's Wii Skylanders base pack that was his 'big' Christmas present. I found em at Gamestop on a one day sale for 4.99, Hex was one of the ones I chose that he probably wouldn't have because I thought she looked cool, I did get Dinorang too though. Silly me thought if he had one of each element I wouldn't need to buy more. Ludicrious I know. smilie
---
Me: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Son: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#12 Posted: 19:37:50 22/02/2012
Don't worry about it- Hex isn't too rare (especially due to the whole parental disapproval thing) so you should hopefully be able to get her at some point. I got her on my first Skylander hunt back in January alongside the rest of Wave Two (apart from Eruptor, whom I later purchased from eBay). Besides, can't you use your sister's one? My brother and I share all our figures. It doesn't even have to be complete sharing, it could just be in-game sharing. smilie
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Wogasm Red Sparx Gems: 99
#13 Posted: 19:43:14 22/02/2012
It's cool that your dad would do that for you in the first place. I'm living on my own, but not really at an age to have kids. When I think back on being younger I really appreciate when my dad bought me stuff, even if at the time I wasn't happy about it. A lot of dads aren't great to their kids, so I think you should be happy that you have one that is smilie
---
All but the final three.
#14 Posted: 02:12:46 23/02/2012 | Topic Creator
i still had to pay for the skylander, he just picked it up. i had to use my money. plus my sister is playing on a different file than i am, so i don't have ownership on their. oh well, im hoping to get some cash tomarrow, so i will hopefully be able to get it.
---
131/174
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#15 Posted: 04:16:23 23/02/2012
You're going to love Dino Rang. He's an acquired taste, but incredibly powerful, and one of the game's absolute best PVPers.
#16 Posted: 05:11:34 23/02/2012 | Topic Creator
i know. im all ready having lots of fun with him! but i hope to be able to get hex tomarrow
---
131/174
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#17 Posted: 20:48:57 23/02/2012
Quote: Landerfan2012
so tonight, before i went to a friends house, i told my parents to go look for skylanders while they look for a new printer. when i got home, they said they found a couple of them at walmart! i was so excited! but my father had gotten a dino rang, when i told him to get hex. he even said he saw a few hex there, but he thought dino rang better. oh well, i like dino rang anyway.

but im wondering, has a situation like this happened to u before? please reply

Thats good. You get a free skylander. How about you just enjoy DinoRang.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#18 Posted: 20:55:52 23/02/2012
They are both good characters. Be appreciative that your dad picked you up the Dinorang and at least you can always pick up another Hex down the road. Good luck on hunting for Hex.
#19 Posted: 02:26:07 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Let's get this clear: I HAD TO PAY FOR DINO RANG!!! I HAD TO PAY FOR IT WITH MY MONEY!!!
---
131/174
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#20 Posted: 02:30:20 24/02/2012
Quote: Jin Saotome
A lot of parents are turned off by Hex's name and the fact she looks like a "goth Bratz doll" as one parent put it oh so bluntly. She is on the darker characters in her dialogue, abilities, and overall look. I was at a Gamestop before Christmas where a mother was returning Hex because she was 'too evil and violent' for her 6yo son to use in the game. After playing her....well....yeah, I can see where they're coming from.

i passed hex up at the store, she seemed kind of generic
but looking back
...isn't she basically a Maleficent cameo?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me