Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
That's a whole lotta skylanders [CLOSED]
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#1 Posted: 00:18:42 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
i stopped by toys r us to intercept the supposed ups shipment. i was a little skeptical.
turns out i missed the actual shipment by a few hours ("late afternoon" means 2pm, not 4pm)
but all i missed out on were a few adventure packs

http://imgur.com/a/C4AcN#0

it was all wave 3 and 1 singles. lots of multiples of each. they had seven cynders.
i considered getting a cynder as a bargaining chip for trading (damn, i really want bash), but i decided against it, some kid probably wants it more. in fact a family with two little dudes came through and i was sharing my knowledge of the various skylanders they were picking up, and they were talking all about how they beat "the big headed dude" (kaos) it was adorable.

now

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY SUNBURN, WARNADO, AND CAMO.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:53 22/02/2012 by Osbor
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#2 Posted: 00:21:03 22/02/2012
Lucky. I haven't seen any cynder or whirlwind singles in my stores. I have them anyways so I'm not that worried.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#3 Posted: 00:24:02 22/02/2012
Quote: Osbor
i stopped by toys r us to intercept the supposed ups shipment. i was a little skeptical.
turns out i missed the actual shipment by a few hours ("late afternoon" means 2pm, not 4pm)

it was all wave 3 and 1 singles. lots of multiples of each. they had seven cynders.
i considered getting a cynder as a bargaining chip for trading (damn, i really want bash), but i decided against it, some kid probably wants it more. in fact a family with two little dudes came through and i was sharing my knowledge of the various skylanders they were picking up, and they were talking all about how they beat "the big headed dude" (kaos) it was adorable.

now

Wow! That is the exact same shipment that I saw yesterday except all the Cynders were being kept by the girl at the counter so no scalper would just buy them all.

Right now the ebay prices are too low to make a profit and a lot of the scalpers are probably just selling them to get rid of them.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#4 Posted: 00:25:37 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkyDaddy

Right now the ebay prices are too low to make a profit and a lot of the scalpers are probably just selling them to get rid of them.

i don't think i have an appropriate movie clip epic enough to describe just how good that feels
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#5 Posted: 00:32:54 22/02/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy

i don't think i have an appropriate movie clip epic enough to describe just how good that feels

I'm just surprised that a video game company could figure out how to distribute their "toy" products properly while toy companies like Spinmaster and hasbro completely suck at it.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Namco51 Green Sparx Gems: 137
#6 Posted: 00:45:50 22/02/2012
Visited a nearby TRU on my lunch break (Redwood City, Ca) just mere minutes after they stocked their shelves with a recent shipment. Nothing but singles. Cynder, Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant, Chop Chop, and Flameslinger.

Santa Cruz TRU had the exact same kind of shipment on Monday morning, except they had Zap/Hex/Dinorang and Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom 3-packs.

Same with a half dozen other TRUs in the bay area on Saturday. Scatterings of the same of the above sets of figures all over the place with the occasional store also having Pirate Seas/Darklight Crypt.

Most Targets this weekend were completely empty except for Morgan Hill, Ca which had Wrecking Ball 3pack, the Zap 3pack, and the flameslinger 3 pack, plus singles of zap, hex, dino rang, drobot, flameslinger, and eruptor.

All I want now is Prism Break and Legendary Trigger Happy. Driving me nuts that I've hit so many locations without finding one prism break. Hopefully I'll find him in some upcoming shipments.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:45 22/02/2012 by Namco51
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#7 Posted: 00:49:03 22/02/2012
Quote: Namco51
Visited a nearby TRU on my lunch break (Redwood City, Ca) just mere minutes after they stocked their shelves with a recent shipment. Nothing but singles. Cynder, Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant, Chop Chop, and Flameslinger.

The Skylanders that you just mentioned above were the same skylanders at my target.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:50:11 22/02/2012 by Rays
#8 Posted: 00:56:45 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
hmm, seems like activision is supplying enough to meet demand, but only wave 3 and some wave 1.

Quote:
Nothing but singles. Cynder, Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant, Chop Chop, and Flameslinger.

that's p much what was on the shelves here too.

intredasting...
GloverAran Green Sparx Gems: 411
#9 Posted: 01:09:10 22/02/2012
Yup, that seems to reflect most of what the online stores have consistently had in stock lately, too. (Of course, Cynder seems to sell out within minutes each time.)
---
Still hunting for: Eye Brawl, Thumpback, Ninjini
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#10 Posted: 01:30:34 22/02/2012
I wish just one store near me would have a stock like that!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#11 Posted: 19:40:16 22/02/2012
OMG- Flameslinger? Chop Chop? CYNDER? You are so lucky... and you already have them?! Woah. I wish my local stores would be so stocked up!
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#12 Posted: 22:56:06 22/02/2012
Yay! If i was their i would gett eruptor!!! And i would have
all fire thus far!!!
#13 Posted: 23:08:20 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: willow
OMG- Flameslinger? Chop Chop? CYNDER? You are so lucky... and you already have them?! Woah. I wish my local stores would be so stocked up!

i only have cynder of all the ones that appeared at my store, but i'm not interested in any of them.
pretty much all i want at this point are
-bash
-warnado
-sunburn
-and camo

everything else is superfluous to the max
Nilus Red Sparx Gems: 47
#14 Posted: 23:18:01 22/02/2012
The TRU I talked to yesterday had a case each of Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind, Drill Sargent, Flameslinger and Chop Chop(all singles). The fella also swore they were going to enforce the 'no more than two of any one' limit at their store for Skylanders.
---
Me: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Son: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#15 Posted: 23:55:38 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nilus
The TRU I talked to yesterday had a case each of Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind, Drill Sargent, Flameslinger and Chop Chop(all singles). The fella also swore they were going to enforce the 'no more than two of any one' limit at their store for Skylanders.

from what i understand, scalpers are not much of a problem on the regular singles, it's just that SO MANY PEOPLE want figures, and they'll take whatever they can find
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#16 Posted: 23:57:21 22/02/2012
Just left my TRU it is so nice to walk in a store that has cynder, bash, legendaries and a ton others. People were walking up and walking off. Good luck scalpers. Nobody wants your crap.
#17 Posted: 00:00:12 23/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: DrillSarge
Just left my TRU it is so nice to walk in a store that has cynder, bash, legendaries and a ton others. People were walking up and walking off. Good luck scalpers. Nobody wants your crap.

wait
they had bash?
THEY HAD BASH?
Salanite Red Sparx Gems: 92
#18 Posted: 00:32:57 23/02/2012
I got Bash first come first serve. I found Bash, and I was happy because I wanted Bash most. I haven't seen Bash or Zap in stores lately. Maybe they got discontinued or something. I also have only saw some like Voodood twice. Stealth Elf may be discontinued.
---
Got smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Gettin smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 00:34:55 23/02/2012
Quote: Salanite
I got Bash first come first serve. I found Bash, and I was happy because I wanted Bash most. I haven't seen Bash or Zap in stores lately. Maybe they got discontinued or something. I also have only saw some like Voodood twice. Stealth Elf may be discontinued.

They aren't discontinued. I still see Zap. The wave ones (Stealth Elf and Bash etc.) aren't discontinued, they are just not making some right now. They might bring some these days for preparation for wave 4 like they did for wave 3.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#20 Posted: 00:36:01 23/02/2012
I haven't seen a single pack Stealth Elf since October or November... I've seen a few Triple Packs with her though.
---
but i love it all smooth
#21 Posted: 00:37:21 23/02/2012
Quote: LevanJess
I haven't seen a single pack Stealth Elf since October or November... I've seen a few Triple Packs with her though.

The last single I saw was the one I bought in the end of December. But I have also seen a few triple packs with her though.
---

willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#22 Posted: 18:01:50 23/02/2012
Quote: Salanite

I saw Bash at Game about a month ago, and them found him again at Argos today. I haven't seen any Stealth Elfs though, apart from in the 3DS Starter Pack.
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#23 Posted: 18:20:48 23/02/2012

now

That...is...my...heaven...
Where is this toys'r'us?
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
#24 Posted: 18:59:45 23/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: reventon777

That...is...my...heaven...
Where is this toys'r'us?

Hattiesburg, MS
nice little town, growing very fast.

also that entire shipment was sold out by closing time, which was about 5 hours after i left. and this is without any scalpers (the manager said that people buying more than three figures, or more than two of any one type, was almost unheard of at that store)
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#25 Posted: 02:08:37 25/02/2012
i went to a calgary toys r us and they had cynder legendary 3 pack voodude whirlwind single and some others
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#26 Posted: 02:12:09 25/02/2012
Quote: jennacat4
i went to a calgary toys r us and they had cynder legendary 3 pack voodude whirlwind single and some others

Good find, but you should've gotten legendary pack IMO.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#27 Posted: 02:45:48 25/02/2012
i just found a drill sergean a game stop a couple of hours ago!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#28 Posted: 03:19:43 25/02/2012
Quote: jennacat4

Was that the one in MARKET MALL?
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#29 Posted: 12:59:16 25/02/2012
My target has lots of skylanders too!
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#30 Posted: 04:45:44 26/02/2012
Holy sheet that's alot

I wish that would happen here
---
Why am I back
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#31 Posted: 04:47:40 26/02/2012
"THAT'S A LOT OF SKYLANDURS."

If you heard how I said that, then you'd probably laugh.

i just can't find the video on YT that I refranced ;_____;
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#32 Posted: 05:00:43 26/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrathedragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIgbPTBINhk
#33 Posted: 05:01:59 26/02/2012

Nope.

It's: "THAT'S A LOT OF NUUUTS".

A friend of mine told me about the video. He thinks it's funny.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#34 Posted: 05:02:56 26/02/2012

Nope.

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (The movie the quote is from) is the funniest movie ever made.

"THAT'LL BE FOUR BUCKS BABY, YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT?!"

"...smilie *leaves*"

"...HE JUST LEFT. WITH NUTS."
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#35 Posted: 05:05:02 26/02/2012
Quote: D-Rex

Nope.

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (The movie the quote is from) is the funniest movie ever made.

"THAT'LL BE FOUR BUCKS BABY, YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT?!"

"...smilie *leaves*"

"...HE JUST LEFT. WITH NUTS."

YOU'RE A FREAKING GENIUS.

SD;PKDFK;JGND;KFJBNFKGJBNJ

I LOVE YOU
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#36 Posted: 05:16:38 26/02/2012

I am greatly saddened to hear your experience with comedic classic movies is apparently so limited. Hopefully you get to expand your viewing library.
#37 Posted: 05:18:17 26/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord

I am greatly saddened to hear your experience with comedic classic movies is apparently so limited. Hopefully you get to expand your viewing library.

Meh, my friend thought it was funny.

His name is Jacob.

he gets angered and amused VERY easily
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#38 Posted: 06:44:04 26/02/2012
i had a dream that i went to a liberty and there was skylanders and i bought a hex.

then i woke up
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me