Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > supposed "acitivision email" claiming "super restock"?
Page 1 of 1
supposed "acitivision email" claiming "super restock"? [CLOSED]
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#1 Posted: 03:11:32 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
just got off the phone with a local gamestop manager.
apparently she, and she claims, all retailers of skylanders have received an identical email essentially stating "we will be able to create enough stock to meet demand by march or so"

paired with the many reports of stores getting massive restocks, it's possible activision found enough corners to cut to boost their figure production rate several-fold.

thoughts?
i might actually call around some local managers tomorrow to ask of they received a similar email.
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#2 Posted: 03:12:40 21/02/2012
Hmm. Maybe that's why all the Targets and Gamestops near me got skylanders.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#3 Posted: 03:24:57 21/02/2012
I think the game popularity's has forced Activision not to cut corners but to figure out how to produce them is better amounts. You have to remember that Giants is set for fall and Activision is not going to produce the same amount of figures when the game first came out and lose out to the demand. They probably sorted out the sales figures and the manufacturers including the new ones set for producing the giant's figures are now producing the current set of figures.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#4 Posted: 03:28:02 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkyDaddy
I think the game popularity's has forced Activision not to cut corners but to figure out how to produce them is better amounts. You have to remember that Giants is set for fall and Activision is not going to produce the same amount of figures when the game first came out and lose out to the demand. They probably sorted out the sales figures and the manufacturers including the new ones set for producing the giant's figures are now producing the current set of figures.

large scale manufacturing is really tricky. it takes time to retrofit factories to create different things, and a VERY long time to build factories themselves.
this is made even more complex by the RFID component of skylanders. they aren't hard to make, but it's sort of hard to make them in large quantities, as well as make the figures themselves in large quantities, and then pair the two in another step. lots of shipping back and forth and assembly.

activision might have had the forsight to see the craze coming back in december, and then rushed the retrofitting of some other facilities to boost production.

but this is all speculation
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#5 Posted: 03:43:39 21/02/2012
How did you email Activistion? I went on their website and i couldnt find Contact us...
anyway....
Yay!!! If this is true its going to be awesome!
#6 Posted: 03:48:55 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
no no, i mean, activision emailed this gamestop, and supposedly other retailers
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#7 Posted: 03:58:46 21/02/2012
I sure hope they aren't "cutting corners". Quality is very important to me. I would hate for a wave of slipshod figures to get through to retail.

In any case, I'm pulling for Skylanders to be a gigantic mega hit that will stand up to the test of time for many years to come. Hopefully they will always be able to meet demand once the true popularity makes it to the ledger books.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#8 Posted: 04:04:39 21/02/2012
Darn....
Awkward
#9 Posted: 05:06:44 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: skyp1e
I sure hope they aren't "cutting corners". Quality is very important to me. I would hate for a wave of slipshod figures to get through to retail.

most of the corners cut are thing you wouldn't even be able to notice, like changing the paint formula to use slightly darker or lighter shades. taking one expensive pigment out of hundreds of thousands of figures might save money, as well as time (said pigment might be manufactured by a far flung chemical plant, and shipping takes a while).
or stuff like what kind of machine they use to make the tags being upgraded to a modern faster model.
ect.
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#10 Posted: 11:20:13 21/02/2012
That's probably why there are no Skylanders here, I've been thinking they were stocking up to release more at once.
---
Why am I back
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#11 Posted: 11:54:27 21/02/2012
That's good. It won't be such a pain to find them anymore.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#12 Posted: 17:13:28 21/02/2012
My local TRU got 15 boxes this morning. They couldnt even put them all out. They had everything but wave 4 , EOI and cynder. Tons of it too. I went thru every box lol.
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#13 Posted: 17:20:40 21/02/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
My local TRU got 15 boxes this morning. They couldnt even put them all out. They had everything but wave 4 , EOI and cynder. Tons of it too. I went thru every box lol.

Which Toys R Us was it?
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
#14 Posted: 18:05:45 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator

wait, wave 4 as in camo, warnado, sunburn?
hot diggity! That toyrs r us rep was right all along
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#15 Posted: 00:15:52 22/02/2012
Quote: Osbor

wait, wave 4 as in camo, warnado, sunburn?
hot diggity! That toyrs r us rep was right all along

It says everything BUT wave 4.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:07 22/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#16 Posted: 04:46:47 22/02/2012
According to my Toys R us in Nashville they're getting a 'huge restock' in but holding half of it until sunday. The R-zone guy thinks it's because they'll put them on sale.

I forgot about this but atToys R Us if an item goes on sale and you bought it earlier, up to 30 days in advance, they'll give you the difference back. So if a sale does hit Sunday and you bought skylanders this week at TRU, take your receipt in and they'll refund some $ for you.
#17 Posted: 04:53:44 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jin Saotome
According to my Toys R us in Nashville they're getting a 'huge restock' in but holding half of it until sunday. The R-zone guy thinks it's because they'll put them on sale.

I forgot about this but atToys R Us if an item goes on sale and you bought it earlier, up to 30 days in advance, they'll give you the difference back. So if a sale does hit Sunday and you bought skylanders this week at TRU, take your receipt in and they'll refund some $ for you.

oh yeah, the manager at my store said they were getting some of the legendaries in sunday since they were advertised in the weekly deals pages, so they HAVE to stock them then.
#18 Posted: 04:57:01 22/02/2012

oh yeah, the manager at my store said they were getting some of the legendaries in sunday since they were advertised in the weekly deals pages, so they HAVE to stock them then.

That's why they're holding half the shipment then, yep. Also he said they were listed under "Skylanders EX" and they haven't seen the EX tag next to the listing before.
#19 Posted: 05:01:08 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator

That's why they're holding half the shipment then, yep. Also he said they were listed under "Skylanders EX" and they haven't seen the EX tag next to the listing before.

that might actually be the sunburn adventure pack. the in store stocking system distinguishes the adventure packs, but no the singles. Ex might refer to dragon's peak, which also means camo and warnado!

also, hi jin, saw you in the /toy/ thread
#20 Posted: 05:54:51 22/02/2012

that might actually be the sunburn adventure pack. the in store stocking system distinguishes the adventure packs, but no the singles. Ex might refer to dragon's peak, which also means camo and warnado!

also, hi jin, saw you in the /toy/ thread

Wouldn't that be awesome if Sunburn's pack came out! I'll let everyone know what I find as they'll have half the stock up on the shelf when the store opens. Check my twitter @jinsaotome for instant updates or wait till I get home and I'll post.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#21 Posted: 06:35:30 22/02/2012
EX doesn't mean Dragon's Peak. I know this, because despite Darklight Crypt being exclusive for 30 days, all it had, was a different item number than Pirate Seas.

Infact, in the system it shows Dragon's Peak as Dragon's Pack.

EX means exclusive, and having looked at TRU's manifest for these things, it has meant - so far - the 3-pack.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#22 Posted: 06:38:38 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
EX doesn't mean Dragon's Peak. I know this, because despite Darklight Crypt being exclusive for 30 days, all it had, was a different item number than Pirate Seas.

EX means exclusive, and having looked at TRU's manifest for these things, it has meant - so far - the 3-pack.

but, dragon's peak is exclusive
as is the legendary three pack....
but if you say it's listed in the system as "dragon's peak", well...
gsizzle Green Sparx Gems: 272
#23 Posted: 07:18:57 22/02/2012
I just happen to live in a spot where there are 4 gamestops within 5 minutes of each other. I called them all today, in search of more Skylanders, and they were all out of stock and none mentioned this email.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#24 Posted: 17:51:10 22/02/2012
Headed to Toys R Us now. I'll let you all know what I find
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#25 Posted: 18:01:46 22/02/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

but, dragon's peak is exclusive
as is the legendary three pack....
but if you say it's listed in the system as "dragon's peak", well...

Dragon's Peak is exclusive, but only for 30 days. It appears the Legendaries are TRU exclusives forever. So GM makes sense saying that TRU's computers would not show any items other than the Legendaries as exclusives.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Wogasm Red Sparx Gems: 99
#26 Posted: 18:07:41 22/02/2012
Very cool to see Jin Saotome posting here. You're a legend buddy.

Also can anyone confirm that Toys R Us will refund on a sale, even if it's online? I am one of the many that ordered the legendary pack yesterday around lunch time. Just curious if I could be in for some extra cash. $32 is a lot for a three pack ;[
---
All but the final three.
#27 Posted: 18:11:26 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator

jin for some reason i pictured you as being loaded enough to just pay the straight scalper ebay price instead of hunting figures

glad to see you here in the trenches with us. here's your complimentary cell phone and outrageous gasoline bill
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#28 Posted: 18:21:25 22/02/2012
Quote: Wogasm

Also can anyone confirm that Toys R Us will refund on a sale, even if it's online? I am one of the many that ordered the legendary pack yesterday around lunch time. Just curious if I could be in for some extra cash. $32 is a lot for a three pack ;[

Does that $32 include shipping or something? I can't order it shipped to my door online any more, but it still gives me the option to pick it up at the store for $24.99 plus tax. I can't imagine they would refund shipping.

jin for some reason i pictured you as being loaded enough to just pay the straight scalper ebay price instead of hunting figures

glad to see you here in the trenches with us. here's your complimentary cell phone and outrageous gasoline bill

Just because you CAN pay more doesn't mean you WILL. I make good money, and can afford scalper prices, but I won't do it.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#29 Posted: 18:29:58 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Himewad

Just because you CAN pay more doesn't mean you WILL. I make good money, and can afford scalper prices, but I won't do it.

touche
Wogasm Red Sparx Gems: 99
#30 Posted: 19:29:09 22/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
Does that $32 include shipping or something? I can't order it shipped to my door online any more, but it still gives me the option to pick it up at the store for $24.99 plus tax. I can't imagine they would refund shipping.

Yes, that would be with shipping. I'm a college student, so $32 is pretty steep. I wish I would have picked one up for $19.99 in store when I originally bought the game. They even had them buy 2 get 1 free. Oh well. I enjoy the hunt to find Skylanders, probably more than I enjoy the actual game.
---
All but the final three.
#31 Posted: 21:22:29 22/02/2012
Quote: Wogasm
Hey thanks!

Usually it's store-by-advertisement basis. The online site prices aren't the same as instore and none of the Toys R Us' ever honored a cheaper online price, only one found in another physical store nearby. It wouldn't hurt to ask, they just require a receipt. So find the invoice that came with your order.

Yep, I rarely pay over retail for anything. I'd rather bide my time and wait. Just yesterday I was able to score multiple Cynders to customize. Yeah I could have dropped $50 and had one articulated on my site weeks ago but it paid to be patient.

And after hanging around at Toy R Us and in town checking back every few hours, I learn that the truck has been delayed due to 'inclement weather'. They said it was hail and they'd reschedule it before Sunday. We did have hail this evening in Nashville so I guess it's causing trouble. Meh.
#32 Posted: 21:56:53 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
also, jin, why are you a dirty peasant tech skylander character
join the earth type master race
#33 Posted: 05:04:36 23/02/2012
also, jin, why are you a dirty peasant tech skylander character
join the earth type master race

LOL! Because Jin pilots the Blodia in all his videogame appearances, a big mecha. He'd have to be tech to know how to work that sucker.
Also, going to hit Toys R Us tomorrow and see if their truck comes in. If anything new appears I'll take pics.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:05:10 23/02/2012 by Jin Saotome
tiker Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#34 Posted: 17:34:33 23/02/2012
I just got back from my local (to my office) toys r us store.. nothing came in today.. maybe tomorrow.

We're getting hit with some snow over night tonight and into tomorrow.. I hope that doesn't delay a shipment!
---
Collection List and image
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me