Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Last Dolphin [CLOSED]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#1 Posted: 03:36:45 20/02/2012 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

If you could choose to live forever, would you?

In a world where dolphins and humans have grown an ever-changing bond, and a secret society of dolphins have crafted a council of peace, is Dylan, a happy, young, bottle-nosed dolphin. That sounds normal, right? Wrong.

As it turns out, the youngling was born with a disastrous marking atop his head and a secret worth killing for. When a disaster strikes the dolphin society and humans show their true sides, it is up to Dylan to save the planet from annihilation. But will his own race allow him?

Dylan is different, and he shall remain that way until the end of time.

More shall be revealed throughout the story. The story is a whole lot more interesting than it sounds. I plan on turning this into a full-length, devastatingly-long novel to publish in my career. Enjoy.

Rebirthing The Fortitude

Long ago, there was once a dolphin who went only by the name of Delphin. He was a wise and gracious creature, the only one of his kind. Delphin was dear friends with Poseidon, God of the Sea, to the extent of being his loyal pet and servant. Within a time of need, Poseidon could rely on his pet to hep him with a task.

And that is just what happened.

One day, Poseidon's true love, Amphitrite, fled to the outer regions of the world and hid from him. Delphin immediately traveled throughout the world, seeking her out. When the creature finally found Amphitrite, she was reluctant to go back to Poseidon in fear of being married.

"But if you do not marry the master, then you and he shalln't be happy. He shall remain motionless 'till the end of days without his lover to dwell with. As well, Thou shalln't continue thou's line. The Amphitrite line shall end. Does thou surely wish this?" He had explained to the goddess.

And so, having changed her mind, Amphitrite returned to her lover. Thankful for the return of his soon-to-be wife, Poseidon regarded Delphin's troubles. Poseidon place his loyal pet in the stars, therefore crowning Delphin as God of the Dolphins. The First Dolphin.

As the years flew by, Delphin grew lonely being the only one up in the stars. To solve the problem, Delphin decided to create his company. Just like all of the gods, he would craft them in his own image. He would give them fins and flukes, a hole to breathe from, and his own keen and graceful intelligence. He would watch over his sons with open eyes. He would design their destiny...

With little hesitation, Delphin created five dolphins, three males ad two females. They were each diligant and wise in their own ways. Each would be assigned to the great oceans of the world: The Eastern Pacific, the Western Pacific, the Atlantic, the Indian, and the Arctic. Each of them would swear to protect the world from the evil within the universe. As the years went on, each dolphin would pass on their knowledge to their descendants.

Having been happy with his creation, Delphin created even more dolphins, each in different species, to further reign on his inheritance. And, as the years went by, the five ancients became known as the Keepers of Poverty.

--------------------

The forces of nature were solid as ice as a peaceful wind blew across the silent starts of Delphinus. Several millions of years had seized time, and several thousands of dolphins had been birthed in the Passing, and, as the years flew by, a new society of cetaceans had advanced all the way into the 22nd Century. These tribes became curteous to the human population. dolphins had grown highly advanced to the point of crafting devasting machinery and peace treaties.

The Society was perfect. There were safe fortitudes to frollick in. There were no sharks in the cities. There was a strong court system. Nothing could change; nothing could go wrong. However, a young dolphin would soon change reality forever...

Delphin strode the stars with an ever-gazing eye as the time stretched on into the night. Strangely, all of the dolphin younglings had been created ahead of time. There was only one dolphin yet to have been formed. It was a special time.

Delphin raised his snout to the stars. "Attention, youngling. As prophecied, the universe has dwendled with my existance. Today marks the Trillianth Passing of my birth."

"Many dolphins have been crafted in my image. Some were brave, yet weak. Some were evil, yet kind. Today marks a new establishment." He paused.

"I have grown old and weery; I can no longer remember my first days as a child. I will not last forever. I need an heir to pass on my wisdom. I call upon my descendant to furfill me." He continued.

Delphin darted his eyes across the sky as a shooting star passed.

He began. "Diligant and wise; curteous of others. Curious and young-hearted; brave in the face of danger. You shall be a worthy adversary to the outside world. My legacy I pass unto you, Son of the Sea."

"Tranquility and honor. Blood and valor. I pass unto you my mind and soul. I place my mark on you. Darkened days and scattered winds, bring about the New Passing. Let destiny take its toll."

And, satisfied with his creation, Delphin sent his descendant down to Earth.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:53:19 20/02/2012 by Fireball
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#2 Posted: 20:21:02 23/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks! smilie It really helps...
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me