darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Anyone have an NFC equipped android phone?
Page 1 of 1
Anyone have an NFC equipped android phone? [CLOSED]
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#1 Posted: 01:35:31 18/02/2012 | Topic Creator
a great deal of the newer samsung smartphones running Android have NFC built in. it's designed to catch the wave of nfc equipped devices for automatic purchases (using stuff like google wallet)

however

has anyone tried....well....scanning their skylander?
i'm actually a little curious as to what kind of standard the skylander rfid chips use, what frequency their at, the maximum kb that can be stored on them, ect.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#2 Posted: 08:12:29 18/02/2012
osbor
http://kotaku.com/5871789/man-...from-activision
that guy figured out the protocol and everything for skylanders. if you google around, you might be able to find his documentation, (the internet never forgets).
oh and probably nobody hear has a NFC capable phone, we've all spent all our money on skylanders. smilie
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#3 Posted: 08:22:33 18/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: exosquad
osbor
http://kotaku.com/5871789/man-...from-activision
that guy figured out the protocol and everything for skylanders. if you google around, you might be able to find his documentation, (the internet never forgets).
oh and probably nobody hear has a NFC capable phone, we've all spent all our money on skylanders. smilie

i've already read his stuff. or at least all i could find, he really pulled the rug out under that whole thing.
either way, his approach was to fully emulate the data stream coming from the portal, cutting it out entirely. While it was sound, it was very illegal due to circumventing encryption, and it was rather obtuse.

i'm wondering if you could emulate the figures themselves, which are not encrypted as far as i know, the rfid tags are the super cheap ones with barely 64k of memory
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#4 Posted: 08:39:03 18/02/2012
data stored on the figures is encrypted, figures have 1KB of memory, and even talking about emulating a figure makes someone at activison's alarms go off and lawyers are instantly alerted.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#5 Posted: 15:16:52 18/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: exosquad
data stored on the figures is encrypted, figures have 1KB of memory, and even talking about emulating a figure makes someone at activison's alarms go off and lawyers are instantly alerted.

only a kb? and it's encrypted? that's actually a decent feat
toaks Blue Sparx Gems: 788
#6 Posted: 12:12:46 07/07/2012
I have a Galaxy S2 wich has NFC. I have used various programs to scan the figures, but can't seem to make any use of the data.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
doncaruana Green Sparx Gems: 170
#7 Posted: 22:12:04 31/10/2012
I know this is an old thread but what programs did you use to scan them? Everything I've tried just says it can't read the data.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me