Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > [unconfirmed]; Dragon's peak, (warnado, camo, ignitor) as soon as next week?
Page 1 of 1
[unconfirmed]; Dragon's peak, (warnado, camo, ignitor) as soon as next week? [CLOSED]
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#1 Posted: 00:21:36 18/02/2012 | Topic Creator
just got off the phone with a nice gal at toys'r'us in town (hattiesburg, mississippi. it's south of jackson)
she claims to be a huge skylanders fan and has been watching the incoming shipment manifests like a hawk.
i had originally called just to check the general stock situation, to see if they're out of stock 24/7 or get a few in at times, as well as to warn of scalpers in the area (i talked to the manager as well, their problem isn't scalpers, it's that the warehouse is shortchanging them on figures, they only get 5 or 6 in per week)

she claimed that the warehouses are turning around and sending a MASSIVE number of figures their way next week, but not on the normal morning trucks, they're actually coming by UPS of all things (which tends to arrive late in the afternoon)

she further claimed that dragon's peak, the wave 4 triple pack, as well as the wave 4 individuals would be part of that shipment, along with a ton of the regular figures.
the shipment is due tuesday/wednesday/thursday at around 4pm to 6pm central time (mid afternoon). luckily for me at least, it turns out that's a pretty slow time for sales.

from what i could infer, the manager had confirmed this so i have at least some reason to believe she wasn't just talking out of her patootie.

has anyone called their local overpriced ret-i mean the respectable toys'r'us store to ask for details like this?
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#2 Posted: 00:27:59 18/02/2012
Great tip! I do not know how to go about in getting this type of info checked. How does one simply bring this in the conversation and get the rep to check for you. Do you simply say "Hey do you guys know when you are getting more of these?".
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#3 Posted: 00:40:49 18/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkyDaddy
Great tip! I do not know how to go about in getting this type of info checked. How does one simply bring this in the conversation and get the rep to check for you. Do you simply say "Hey do you guys know when you are getting more of these?".

call em up! make sure to be nice.
just ask if the manager is available (make sure to stress that nothing's wrong on their part, you just wanted to ask the manager something directly)
just shoot the breeze with the guy (or girl). ask what the situation is with the skylanders figures, each store probably has their own little things going on (scalpers, lots of buyers, low stock from the producers, what have you).

and make sure to ask the manager if they have time to actually talk about this, you don't want to pressure them into letting something on if they're in the middle of something else.

the things you'll want to ask are if the shipping manifest for the next week's trucks have been revealed, and if skylanders are on there, and when the truck actually arrives ect.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#4 Posted: 00:43:33 18/02/2012
Hmm, that's interesting. But TRU is going to have Dragon peaks exclusive for 30 days from sometime in march so that would make sense...
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#5 Posted: 00:50:44 18/02/2012 | Topic Creator
oh, i forgot to mention
she didn't really "guarantee" that they'd be getting the new packs with this next shipment, but she said that if it doesn't arrive next week it's almost certain to arrive the week after that (the week starting monday Feb 29th) which would line up with the general consensus of a release "in march"
vinvin616 Red Sparx Gems: 46
#6 Posted: 02:31:12 18/02/2012
My friend working at EB games in toronto also said they will be getting new skylanders and so they won't get a shipment until then which is feb 24
---
Own:
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LF:smiliesmiliesmilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#7 Posted: 02:34:14 18/02/2012
I was also told to check my local Toys R Us for the newest wave next week.

I went looking for Legendary Trigger Happy and the lady at the store said they're expecting a shipment of new Skylanders next week, so hopefully Dragon's Peak soon!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#8 Posted: 07:06:41 18/02/2012
cool is camo coming soon two what about these

the blue bash from the facebook vote hes toys r us exulusive plz reply this if u belevie me

[User Posted Image]

they said he toys r us exulusive im planing of getting him and

[User Posted Image] and [User Posted Image]
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 13:01:24 18/02/2012
We believe you. But only because we've known about it for quite some time now. smilie
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
skiffykitten Green Sparx Gems: 357
#10 Posted: 21:12:28 18/02/2012
hmmm, I wonder if the UK will be in better supply soon too?
---
I own all Skylanders!
SpyroXCynder supporter
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#11 Posted: 08:20:35 19/02/2012
That's definitely not the case for the UK. Wave Three still hasn't been stocked, so it's not likely Wave Four will be coming our way any time soon. smilie
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me