Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Legendary Trigger Happy is out? [CLOSED]
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#1 Posted: 19:21:09 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I saw one on ebay and one forum member said he got one (I hope he was not the one selling it on ebay! LOL!).
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2 Posted: 19:23:30 17/02/2012
don't think so.

Could you give the link?
---
Bring the Fanta
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#3 Posted: 19:23:44 17/02/2012
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item35b9abdd1d

^ Here.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#4 Posted: 19:24:58 17/02/2012
^Cool!
---
Bring the Fanta
julio71599 Green Sparx Gems: 267
#5 Posted: 19:26:09 17/02/2012
he looks alot cooler in his box, can't wait to get him
---
I have all except l-spyro,l-bash, and l-chop chop from skylanders giants
#6 Posted: 19:26:43 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Madel

Im getting the itch to buy this one at this price considering a scalper got it first! LOL.

*checks in with wife* LOL
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#7 Posted: 19:27:01 17/02/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
^Cool!

Lol Trust me, I went on ebay so fast...

I think it's interesting that the seller is selling 6 of them. Does this mean that L-TH is going to be available in a case by himself? That'd make him easier for everyone to get, especially now that the Legendary Packs have been re-released. Everyone's going to be wanting to finish off their Legendary Collection - myself included.
---
#8 Posted: 19:28:06 17/02/2012
Seems too expensive for me though smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#9 Posted: 19:32:00 17/02/2012
$50?! Oh hell no....
#10 Posted: 19:32:10 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Im pretty sure it would come as a case of 6 pcs like the legendary pack. Im a little confused about the timing though. I thought these were slated for March release.

Was this an error in the distribution? Im sure at one point all the TRU stores are all going to get these but I get a little worried about how aggressive the scalpers are with these legendaries.
---
#11 Posted: 19:42:09 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GothamLord
$50?! Oh hell no....

Here is how I look at it.
1. I just spent more than a hour driving around to hunt for Cynder and came up with nothing. I get paid $40/hr for my work (web/flash application developer). So I just wasted $60 (1 hr 30 mins) and came up with nothing. I think I would rather be working than spending a couple of hours every week just to track this figure down when it comes out.
2. Cynder is being sold by other retailers and still it is hard to come by. This exclusive is only going to show up at TRU meaning ever reseller is going to hunting these down and they know when the stocks are going to be coming in. Can you personally say you can be there when the store opens at 9 am? If not then tough luck because Im sure these will be gone as soon as they hit the shelves.
3. Gas is expensive.

IMHO I would buy it for the fact that I am guaranteed one and would not have to spend hours of my time and gas to just to get it.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:43:23 17/02/2012 by SkyDaddy
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#12 Posted: 19:43:24 17/02/2012
How did he get these?
#13 Posted: 19:50:36 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: DrillSarge
How did he get these?

Good question! We'll probably hear more from our canadian counter parts later tonight about it.
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#14 Posted: 19:52:53 17/02/2012
Throwing around how much you make a hour really isnt going to impress me. Nor do I feel its relevant. I'd be willing to pay up to $20 or so for someone else doing the leg work and gas money. 400% mark up? No, thank you. The Legendaries arent that important to me. Would I buy them if I find them? Sure. I'm not going to be running around all day though to find them. I have far more important things to do. I can be there when they open on my days off but otherwise I'll be happily content asleep in my bed because I've been pulling 12 hr midnight shifts protecting and serving.
#15 Posted: 19:52:57 17/02/2012
$50 is a little too rich for my blood. I'd rather just call the stores, stop in from time to time in case they try to trick me over the phone, and try to get one that way. I haven't gone through the secondary market yet and I don't plan to start.
---
#16 Posted: 20:04:49 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GothamLord
Throwing around how much you make a hour really isnt going to impress me. Nor do I feel its relevant. I'd be willing to pay up to $20 or so for someone else doing the leg work and gas money. 400% mark up? No, thank you. The Legendaries arent that important to me. Would I buy them if I find them? Sure. I'm not going to be running around all day though to find them. I have far more important things to do. I can be there when they open on my days off but otherwise I'll be happily content asleep in my bed because I've been pulling 12 hr midnight shifts protecting and serving.

It is relevant because instead of spending time and money and coming back empty handed then I'd rather spend that amount and a little more and at least end up with the figure at hand. My issue is that the scalpers have become too aggressive with Skylanders and knowing only 1 retailer is going to have these makes me worry more.

It may not be important to you but it is important to me because I'm a collector. I'm heavily invested into this game and I don't mind spending extra for what I know will be a hard-to-find item. Plus like you said Im not going to be running around all day just trying to find them. Been there and done that.

Also with all due respect I am not a new comer to collecting. I've collected CCG's like Mtg, Pokemon and table top games like Heroclix and Bakugan.
---
aroth28 Red Sparx Gems: 47
#17 Posted: 20:05:44 17/02/2012
I can confirm that my TRU in PA has (wait HAD ) them this morning. I stopped in for a bike helmet for my son and heard a boy almost yelling LEGENDARY TRIGGER HAPPY!!! It made the hair stand up on my neck and I ran to the Skylanders area to find him holding one (with his grandmother I think) and a middle aged man walking briskly with 4 others to the checkout. I approached and asked him if I could have one of his 4. His reply was that they are for his children... Possible but doubt it. Really dude? 4? He wasn't rude or mean but just said he "needed" all 4 for his kids. I guess it was possible but can't help but think I'll be seeing them again on ebay for crazy money. LOL

Whatever. I was bummed that I was seconds away from one... I pulled the trigger , errr legendry trigger on the ebay one as my luck is ZERO in scoring anything at TRU lately

Case in point: the stupid bike helmet I came in for was out of stock!! AARRGGHH!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:12:07 17/02/2012 by aroth28
#18 Posted: 20:09:12 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Well just look at aroth28 posted! The ebay listing is also sold out FYI.
---
xellos667 Red Sparx Gems: 90
#19 Posted: 20:13:49 17/02/2012
In any case, I wasn't expecting AT ALL such an early release, without any announcement. Scalpers will go crazy (which really make me sad overall). Hope people will really help each other on that one.
---
My Skylanders:
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmiliesmilie)-(smiliesmilie)-(smiliesmilie)
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#20 Posted: 20:14:05 17/02/2012
Interesting. I guess this means it's time to hunt again.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#21 Posted: 20:14:07 17/02/2012
Oh gosh... I want one so bad now.

Looks like the hunt is on.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#22 Posted: 20:15:23 17/02/2012
Hmm.. these would have come in during the last shipment then, right? Oh my..I think my cousin is working tonight! *crosses fingers*
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#23 Posted: 20:18:15 17/02/2012
I got good news.
I got a Legendary Trigger happy.

Just kidding.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#24 Posted: 20:20:50 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Just called a couple of TRU's. No sign of them....calling some more branches that I can drive to smilie
---
#25 Posted: 20:20:58 17/02/2012
I asked the manager the same question and all I got was the standard response : We put out all we get and can't confirm when the next batch will arrive. She DID say that (at least at the store) employees are strictly forbidden to buy more than 1 per day and only when off shift. She told me if anyone is caught holding one back they are terminated no exceptions.

Good hunting everyone, I took the easy way out *sigh*
#26 Posted: 20:22:16 17/02/2012
@ Rays

[User Posted Image]

Obvious trap is obvious.
---
#27 Posted: 20:22:31 17/02/2012
Quote: aroth28
I asked the manager the same question and all I got was the standard response : We put out all we get and can't confirm when the next batch will arrive. She DID say that (at least at the store) employees are strictly forbidden to buy more than 1 per day and only when off shift. She told me if anyone is caught holding one back they are terminated no exceptions.

Aroth, ask your TRU what the item number of legendary trigger happy is.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#28 Posted: 20:24:32 17/02/2012
Legendary Trigger Happy is out?
[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#29 Posted: 20:29:11 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Did you buy the one from ebay too? I just called 4 TRU's and no luck. Funny how the customer rep always seem to mention "we've got x figures left","we only have these left", etc for the other skylanders. I clearly heard them say they stocked just this Wed. FYI The lady said they had a couple of Legendary packs still on the shelves which was a surprise they had it in stock and it is past lunch time smilie

Knowing all this makes me happy with my purchase.

Good luck to the others!
---
#30 Posted: 20:30:44 17/02/2012
Quote: Rays

Yeah, that's not going to hapen. I'd tried for that same reason to post it here but the manager was almost acting like I was asking for her bank account #. She wouldn't give me anything at all other than her canned script... She was nice but 3/4 irritated at the same time and said Skylanders have made her job miserable. She told me since thanksgiving she had to let several employees go over buying them/holding them back.

I did order one of the ebay ones so as soon it arrives Ill post the UPC or whatever number you need off of it.
#31 Posted: 20:34:15 17/02/2012

Yeah, that's not going to hapen. I'd tried for that same reason to post it here but the manager was almost acting like I was asking for her bank account #. She wouldn't give me anything at all other than her canned script... She was nice but 3/4 irritated at the same time and said Skylanders have made her job miserable. She told me since thanksgiving she had to let several employees go over buying them/holding them back.

I did order one of the ebay ones so as soon it arrives Ill post the UPC or whatever number you need off of it.

Oh man. Well thanks for trying.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#32 Posted: 20:42:56 17/02/2012
I'm gonna check out the nearest TRU to me tomorrow.

I just called them and the lady who answered said she doesn't have any in stock. Of course, when asked when more would be in, she fumbled around for an answer and told me the generic "We don't know."

I managed to get the UPC number from her though. It's 047875842632*. I don't know how helpful that number is to anyone. Hopefully it does someone some good.

*This number generates no search results (at this time?).
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:50:27 17/02/2012 by Madel
#33 Posted: 20:45:24 17/02/2012
It sent me to MW3. Because it said the number is wrong and said did you mean **********. And the number led me too MW3.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:46:21 17/02/2012 by Rays
#34 Posted: 20:47:45 17/02/2012
It sent me to MW3. Because it said the number is wrong and said did you mean **********. And the number led me too MW3.

That's really weird. I copied it down exactly like she told me and double-checked the paper I wrote it on to make sure I posted right. Maybe she gave me the wrong number? She sounded really annoyed before she put me on hold and then sounded happy when she gave me the number....
---
#35 Posted: 20:48:59 17/02/2012

That's really weird. I copied it down exactly like she told me and double-checked the paper I wrote it on to make sure I posted right. Maybe she gave me the wrong number? She sounded really annoyed before she put me on hold and then sounded happy when she gave me the number....

Maybe it is just doesn't have it yet on the website.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#36 Posted: 20:50:04 17/02/2012

Maybe it is just doesn't have it yet on the website.

I checked out the website myself and I think that might be the case. I tried earlier to use Google to find the L-TH on TRU's website and I didn't find anything.
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#37 Posted: 20:54:38 17/02/2012

and of course it is on evilbay before the store... smilie
#38 Posted: 21:00:32 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: kappapopm

At least evilbay confirmed that it is out. I have a hard time accepting confirmed releases from forum members unless pictures were posted. I always would say "Pics or it did not happen!". smilie
---
#39 Posted: 21:02:27 17/02/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy

At least evilbay confirmed that it is out. I have a hard time accepting confirmed releases from forum members unless pictures were posted. I always would say "Pics or it did not happen!". smilie

That's my thought. And it should definitely be confirmed that L-TH has been released. Two more listings of him have cropped up on ebay now. One with a BIN of $100 and the other with bidding starting at $19.99. Both have pictures that aren't stock.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that the three listings that've appeared for L-TH have all been from Canada-based sellers. For people in the US, like me, we probably won't see L-TH 'til maybe next week.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:05:23 17/02/2012 by Madel
#40 Posted: 21:07:19 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
$100 BIN? I guess aroth28 and I got it at a bargain *sheesh*.
---
#41 Posted: 21:08:56 17/02/2012

I'd say you did. Plus, you're guaranteed to have one now. It's a real pain to search for new figures when they come out. It's very unlikely that I'll do Giants because of the search.
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#42 Posted: 21:13:43 17/02/2012

true but i would like much better to see a pic from a store that have legendary trigger happy... than a evilbay. but i guess that is like dreaming... you wonder if it is legal at all to sell it on evilbay before the shop. i bet its not legal at all.
#43 Posted: 21:17:31 17/02/2012
LOL at the pics. Trust me if I had one in hand there would be pics. But as I said I don't so no pics... I'll post one as soon as it arrives though.

I wish it didn't happen tough, I was literally 20 feet from them and didnt know it
#44 Posted: 21:19:49 17/02/2012

Which is why after this morning's drama I bought one for $50. Who knows what they will go for if the supply is limited...

I hate hunting and coming up empty.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#45 Posted: 21:44:03 17/02/2012
Means they never listed the item on TRU.com.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#46 Posted: 21:44:09 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Lucky Canadians! LOL
---
#47 Posted: 21:46:39 17/02/2012
Quote: Themadrascal
Just picked 3 up at Toys R Us in Kitchener Ontario. They had about 20 of them!!!

Looks like now we know!

Quote: GameMaster78

Thanks, GameMaster. I wasn't sure if she gave me a faulty number. Lol
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#48 Posted: 21:48:00 17/02/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

Yup. Interesting that they appeared in Canada first this time.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#49 Posted: 21:55:43 17/02/2012
Well in NW PA as well... but we are very close to Canada ~70 miles or so
#50 Posted: 22:04:33 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
GameMaster78:I would have taken your offer if I had those! Good to know you are also one of those few who seem to understand how hard it is to get a hold of these types of items.
---
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me