Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: Hoarder's Paradise [CLOSED]
judasghost Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#1 Posted: 08:24:45 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm 31. I'm married. I have no kids. I shouldn't have 19 Skylander figurines. I shouldn't be dreaming about fighting someone in a store over a Voodood single pack. I shouldn't be getting off work at 7:30am and heading out to the same three stores searching for characters I don't have.

But I am.

Hi, my name is Mike and I am addicted to this godforsaken game.

I just finished the game last night at 46 percent. I still have zero Earth characters so I'm kinda aggravated with that. I'm about to dive into the 3DS version that my wife got me for a V-Day present, but not just yet. I still have 5 more Soul Gems to find, 5 more Scrolls, and about 8 or 9 Treasures. Not to mention some scattered Hats & Chests.

I haven't opened any of these things. I'm using them through the packaging. Anybody else do that?

The funny thing is that a few months ago I saw a Pirate Seas Adventure Pack in Target, picked it up, and thought "Really? This is so stupid it's ridiculous. This isn't going to sell. Who's going to buy up all this junk?"

Too bad I didn't buy it because I haven't seen one since.

I keep lying to my wife telling her that once I play through the games I'll sell it all. Then Giants was announced. And I came clean. And she told me it's okay because she hoards shoes and purses. Actually she didn't say that. But, you know, she could have.
---
37/37 (as of 8/15/12) ... 3/4 sidekicks (as of 8/17/12) ... 4th sidekick came in 8/22/12
5/8 giants .. 5/8 new guys .. 2/8 light core .. 1/? battle packs
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#2 Posted: 08:42:54 17/02/2012
lol your hobby is WAY cheaper than hers. Yeah this game is fairly addicting. At first I started collecting this game and the figs. for my daughter but it didn't take long before I was hooked. It's not even close to being a challenging game but it's still addicting at the same time. I'm at the point where I'm doing a fresh play-through with one Skylander (Boomer) just for the achievement. Voodood is amazing and he is worth hunting for. Vastly overlooked and massively overpowered. When you finally get him take him down the Marauder path...he turns into more of a beast. Good luck.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#3 Posted: 12:09:12 17/02/2012
welcome to the anonymous skylanders addicts club....
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#4 Posted: 13:33:15 17/02/2012
Hi, I'm James, and I'm a Skylander hoarder, too (our figures are unboxed, however).

I had the exact same impression of the adventure packs when I saw them in November. I thought the game looked really cool (I could tell it was something my 7-year old would love), but $20 for an add-on? Not a chance, I thought. I'll just get one figure per element, thank you.

Silly me. Twenty-nine figures later, here I am. My son doesn't like the heroic challenges, so that cumbersome task is left to me. Fortunately, they can be done relatively quickly once you get a knack for them. We play together 3 to 4 times per week for an hour or so, and it is fun every time we play (we beat Kaos a couple of weeks ago). We are now working on the 3-star goals (we're up to 75%, I think).
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#5 Posted: 14:04:17 17/02/2012
well... make some kids and play with them! LOL
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#6 Posted: 15:39:14 17/02/2012
While the game isn't that challenging, I think the challenge of finding all of the characters is what keeps the adults interested in the game. Besides, for me, that was more fun. Dragging my kids around from store to store searching was fun. It was supremely better when we actually came across figures that we needed. The only ones of mine that aren't unboxed are the gold and metallic. You are going to have kids eventually, right? Might as well unbox them now because your kids are going to want to play with them.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#7 Posted: 22:44:04 17/02/2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxTFqPET5I
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#8 Posted: 21:15:49 19/02/2012
If Skylanders, to you, is becoming an obsession or an addiction, and is stopping you thinking about anything but them, all I can say is to get rid of them somehow. I know it sounds crazy, when you really like them, but if you realise it is for the best I guess it may be what you have to do. You could... smash them up? No, no, don't smash them, give them all to me! smilie Nah, I'm kidding. Or you could try selling them. You can get a pretty decent amount of money for one character if it's rare.

However, you don't have to do this at all, of course. If you feel you can think about other things and you are constantly thinking about going to stores in search of them and getting your wanted characters, then it should be okay. Above was just worst case scenario. It's okay to have a hobby, or a collection of some sort. Like you said, your wife hoards shoes and purses; if it's okay for her, it's okay for you. If it is not controlling your life in any way, then don't worry. smilie
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me