Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
should stores have a limit [CLOSED]
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#1 Posted: 02:37:32 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I've read tons of topics about "landerscalper" so i thought "hm, i think store should have a limit on how many skylanders you buy" what r ur thought?
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#2 Posted: 02:38:06 17/02/2012
UMMM DUH!!!! If you have read my topic on scalpers at TRU then TRU will be hearing from me. I think maybe 2 for one person because some people like to take 2 for each path. I mean I don't do that but it would be unfair for the people who do.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:40:10 17/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#3 Posted: 02:44:04 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
two is way to small. five should be about right
---
131/174
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#4 Posted: 02:44:10 17/02/2012
In general, I don't like limits. But when a product is in high demand the store should have a limit of two. The TRU I went to today told a scalper he couldn't buy more than two. But that's only because someone told a manager what was going on.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#5 Posted: 02:45:07 17/02/2012
Quote: Landerfan2012

DUDE!!! Thats like a whole shipment!!! Actually even 2 is a lot for something that is high in demand!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:36 17/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#6 Posted: 02:48:28 17/02/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

DUDE!!! Thats like a whole shipment!!!

Exactly. And it really needs to depend on the type of product if a store is going to set limits. Some products could justify a limit of one per customer, while others could be ten. With these figures, considering there aren't many in a box, I do think two is a good number.
---
#7 Posted: 02:50:17 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
well exuse ME! i really have no clue what so ever about how much a freaken shipment is. this is what i think:
single packs: 4-5
triple packs: 2
adventure packs: 1-2
if anyone else has something to say about my idea, please don't act like i work a the freaken store. ok?!
---
131/174
#8 Posted: 02:51:47 17/02/2012
Quote: Himewad

DUDE!!! Thats like a whole shipment!!!

Exactly. And it really needs to depend on the type of product if a store is going to set limits. Some products could justify a limit of one per customer, while others could be ten. With these figures, considering there aren't many in a box, I do think two is a good number.

2 for high demand restocks but I think it should be 1 for restocks on limited editions/exclusives and 1 for new ones/wave 4. Unless!!! Activision makes much more stock for stores then it could be 2 or 3.
---

Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#9 Posted: 02:52:00 17/02/2012
EB games had a limit of 2 and then they dropped it.
MAybe they should ask what they are doing to them and if they say "ummm...." or "reselling them"
You throw them out the window!
#10 Posted: 02:52:52 17/02/2012
well exuse ME! i really have no clue what so ever about how much a freaken shipment is. this is what i think:
if anyone else has something to say about my idea, please don't act like i work a the freaken store. ok?!

You must be new here. We treat people like dirt in these forums. Especially newbies.

Seriously though. Lighten up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:12 17/02/2012 by Himewad
#11 Posted: 02:53:03 17/02/2012

I think its yeah maybe 4-5 singles and its actually 5-6 triples and same with adventures.
---

#12 Posted: 02:55:53 17/02/2012
You must be new here. We treat people like dirt in these forums. Especially newbies.

Your talking to the landerfan person right?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:56:14 17/02/2012 by Mr-McChicken22
#13 Posted: 02:57:38 17/02/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22

Your talking to the landerfan person right?

Yeah. I should have quoted him, but I didn't expect so many posts between his and mine.

Edit: got him quoted now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:00:08 17/02/2012 by Himewad
#14 Posted: 02:58:26 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
sorry about my outburst. if u buy 2 triple packs, thats already 6 figures! if it 5-6, that would add up to around 15-18 skylanders. and for the adventure packs, why would u by an 5-6 when there r only 3 unless ur reselling them? oh well.
ps: i am kind of new to the forum. or at least to posting on it. before i would read all these topics with u guy arguing with each other. smilie
---
131/174
#15 Posted: 02:58:45 17/02/2012
Oh wooo! I thought you were talking to me. smilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#16 Posted: 03:06:35 17/02/2012
There shouldn't be a limit on things that are not life saving. Do not let your emotions cloud your decision making process.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#17 Posted: 03:11:55 17/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour
There shouldn't be a limit on things that are not life saving. Do not let your emotions cloud your decision making process.

Can't disagree more. It's not a good business move to alienate a large number of customers who can't buy a product just because very few buy all of the stock. I would have a lot more respect for a store that was publicly limiting purchases to service its "normal" customer base. It's very disappointing to hear an employee tell you that someone came in and bought everything ten minutes before you got there.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:12:34 17/02/2012 by Himewad
Judge Green Sparx Gems: 312
#18 Posted: 03:18:56 17/02/2012
My TRU has a Limit of 6 single figures or 2 Triple or Map packs and have for a while do to stock being gone same day and scalpers
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 03:19:20 17/02/2012

Can't disagree more. It's not a good business move to alienate a large number of customers who can't buy a product just because very few buy all of the stock. I would have a lot more respect for a store that was publicly limiting purchases to service its "normal" customer base. It's very disappointing to hear an employee tell you that someone came in and bought everything ten minutes before you got there.

Trust me on this, TRU corporate could care less if 1 person purchases 6 packs versus 6 people purchasing 1 pack. TRU corporate also could care less if you never shop there ever again. In the grand scheme of things, one person, one customer does not amount to a hill of beans to them. You are still allowing your emotions to cloud your judgement. If you do not shop there, there are plenty of others willing to shop there.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#20 Posted: 03:20:01 17/02/2012

I absolutely agree with this 100%. It's just better business to limit purchases. It isn't like the stock will get a chance to gather dust and it will appeal to a much broader base if limits were imposed. This goes for online stores as well, since it's obvious that stock is being bought out by lone gunmen there too.

Alienating dozens of potential customers just to make the deep pockets that got there first (with the intention of reselling on the bay no doubt) isn't winning any consumer loyalty, I promise you.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#21 Posted: 03:49:06 17/02/2012
I think there should b a limit of 2 per charector. One for each path. I say this because if i was new to the game and i went into tru and saw a wall with every skylander i would scoop up one of each smilie and if i got to the check out and they said i had to pick 5 i would b really dissapointed lol and yes i have actually recently saw tru's wall and if i remember right they really did have one of everything minus the legendary pack. Even had to laugh cause i saw my coworker there and he had everything he was missing in his arms smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
#22 Posted: 03:51:41 17/02/2012

Trust me on this, TRU corporate could care less if 1 person purchases 6 packs versus 6 people purchasing 1 pack. TRU corporate also could care less if you never shop there ever again. In the grand scheme of things, one person, one customer does not amount to a hill of beans to them. You are still allowing your emotions to cloud your judgement. If you do not shop there, there are plenty of others willing to shop there.

Maybe that's why they'll be in bankruptcy in the near future.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#23 Posted: 03:54:39 17/02/2012
I hate to be a downer, but it's financially lucrative to keep people coming back to the store and checking as much as possible. TRU is the most consistently stocked of all major outlets selling Skylanders, and they know it. Even if they're out of Legendaries, and even if one person bought them all... where else is the average consumer going to go? eBay, and a 250% markup? They have the consumer over the proverbial barrel here, and corporate America is a cruel place.
#24 Posted: 03:55:53 17/02/2012
Quote: Tashiji
I hate to be a downer, but it's financially lucrative to keep people coming back to the store and checking as much as possible. TRU is the most consistently stocked of all major outlets selling Skylanders, and they know it. Even if they're out of Legendaries, and even if one person bought them all... where else is the average consumer going to go? eBay, and a 250% markup? They have the consumer over the proverbial barrel here, and corporate America is a cruel place.

I never liked that barrel. Not one bit.
---
#25 Posted: 04:05:51 17/02/2012

I'm not sure that this scheme is going to keep people coming back.
Not everyone that wants to play this game is fanatical about it. Some might get completely turned off (and I'm sure a lot have since product is scarce). Others will buy from other retailers. Maybe not the exclusives, but they'll give up on the overpriced understocked TrU in favor of Best Buy, Walmart, Target etc.

I have given up on brick and mortar completely now. I've never had luck finding anything related to this game in person. So, I'll stick to amazon and gamestop etc. See, TrU lost a costumer in me already. I can't be that unique.
---
#26 Posted: 04:17:29 17/02/2012

How in the world does limiting sales help one stay out of bankruptcy?

Yup, so true.

Quote: skyp1e

Not everyone that wants to play this game is fanatical about it. Some might get completely turned off (and I'm sure a lot have since product is scarce). Others will buy from other retailers. Maybe not the exclusives, but they'll give up on the overpriced understocked TrU in favor of Best Buy, Walmart, Target etc.

I have given up on brick and mortar completely now. I've never had luck finding anything related to this game in person. So, I'll stick to amazon and gamestop etc. See, TrU lost a costumer in me already. I can't be that unique.

Last I checked, you cant get the legendaries anywhere else. Besides, TRU has the best stock of all the the outlets, if they are fully stocked. In my searching the week and a half after xmas, I didn't go to TRU, but I did call them every day. Strangely enough, I got some of the ones I needed at Target and Gamestop. I only got 2 or maybe 3 at TRU. With hindsight being 20-20, I guess I should not have gotten the legendary figures from ebay.
---
My kids own :
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:24:23 17/02/2012 by Monsinour
bornsc Red Sparx Gems: 60
#27 Posted: 04:17:59 17/02/2012
Plain and simple, it should work like this:
Limit 2 of the SAME box, regardless of what it is, PER customer PER day. It's only fair to not let scalpers rip everyone off by buying the whole shelf and posting it on craigslist and ebay for double or more!
---
Top 10 Reasons Skylanders is Awesome |See guestbook for my chars
#28 Posted: 04:25:39 17/02/2012
Quote: bornsc
Limit 2 of the SAME box, regardless of what it is, PER customer PER day. It's only fair to not let scalpers rip everyone off by buying the whole shelf and posting it on craigslist and ebay for double or more!

Life isnt fair, get used to it.

If it is not a life saving item, there should be no limit on it.
---
My kids own :
Ravenouschaos Green Sparx Gems: 201
#29 Posted: 04:26:20 17/02/2012
The TRU I shop at here has a posted limit. 2 singles and 2 tripples/adventure packs. Luckly last time I went my 2 tripples were the only legendaries they had received since November. smilie That being said, if someone is buying 6 cynders and 4 whirwinds something is fishy, so in that respect I have to agree on a limit. In another respect if someone is just getting started and they want to buy up one or two of everything they see, like I did my first shopping trip, then the line blurs a bit. Since it would be a pita to look at every purchase case by case, it is easier to just set a blanket limit and call it a day.
---
We stand ready to defend Skylands: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#30 Posted: 04:27:32 17/02/2012

How in the world does limiting sales help one stay out of bankruptcy?

Yup, so true.

Last I checked, you cant get the legendaries anywhere else. Besides, TRU has the best stock of all the the outlets, if they are fully stocked. In my searching the week and a half after xmas, I didn't go to TRU, but I did call them every day. Strangely enough, I got some of the ones I needed at Target and Gamestop. I only got 2 or maybe 3 at TRU. With hindsight being 20-20, I guess I should not have gotten the legendary figures from ebay.

I did make sure to say "maybe not the exclusives".

TrU isn't counting on customers for Legendaries only (which by the way I don't really care a fig about), but overall the way they are handling Skylanders is appalling and I'm not wasting my gas money to hopefully overpay for them in their stores, particularly since I've never seen anything but starter sets there EVER.
---
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#31 Posted: 04:28:02 17/02/2012
If TRU won't slap limits on Transformers and such, I don't see why they'll do it to Skylanders.

Sales are sales, doesn't matter who buys and for what purpose.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#32 Posted: 04:29:31 17/02/2012
Quote: ace
I think there should b a limit of 2 per charector. One for each path. I say this because if i was new to the game and i went into tru and saw a wall with every skylander i would scoop up one of each smilie and if i got to the check out and they said i had to pick 5 i would b really dissapointed lol and yes i have actually recently saw tru's wall and if i remember right they really did have one of everything minus the legendary pack. Even had to laugh cause i saw my coworker there and he had everything he was missing in his arms smilie

Yeah but wouldn't you be getting just 5 of one skylander?
---

Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#33 Posted: 05:19:37 17/02/2012
Hey, why not a limit of one of each character per person? Rather than just two over all? If it''s just two then scalpers would still be able to clean out a lot of one type of really popular Skylander, eg. A scalper may come along and get say 2 cynders when there may only be two there, and clean out the store. If it's one of each than it would stop scalpers AND people can still get the ones they want.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#34 Posted: 05:27:19 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
^good point
---
131/174
#35 Posted: 05:29:33 17/02/2012
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
Hey, why not a limit of one of each character per person? Rather than just two over all? If it''s just two then scalpers would still be able to clean out a lot of one type of really popular Skylander, eg. A scalper may come along and get say 2 cynders when there may only be two there, and clean out the store. If it's one of each than it would stop scalpers AND people can still get the ones they want.

Did you read my other post that says that high demanded ones should be limited to one and less demanded ones 2 and the other ones at least 5.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:29:48 17/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#36 Posted: 05:30:43 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
No, and I don't care
---
131/174
#37 Posted: 05:32:07 17/02/2012
No, and I don't care

I wasn't talking to you. And know I know not to because you're a newbie and a troll. And what Himewad said was true, Newbies are treated like dirt so don't get mad.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:33:45 17/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#38 Posted: 05:34:41 17/02/2012

Did you read my other post that says that high demanded ones should be limited to one and less demanded ones 2 and the other ones at least 5.

Yes, I did. And 5 of each Skylander? Are you serious? The only people who could possibly need 5 of each skylander are scalpers. Even two is a lot.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#39 Posted: 05:36:22 17/02/2012

Yes, I did. And 5 of each Skylander? Are you serious? The only people who could possibly need 5 of each skylander are scalpers. Even two is a lot.

I meant like the wave 1 and 2 ones. Yeah 5 is a lot maybe 2 also. Besides why is there a topic like this? Its not like stores are going to read our posts and put limits or listen to our complaints.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:37:20 17/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#40 Posted: 06:29:49 17/02/2012
I have to agree with Monsinour, there should be no limit on toys. Ultimately you DON'T need those toys at all.
A limit would also hurt collectors who like to buy multiples for using and collecting, and it would hurt families where multiple people collect. How do you know that person buying more than two isn't buying some fore him/herself and sending the rest off to family/friends that don't have those figures available near them? You don't.
Until a week and a half ago, when I seriously started looking into getting this game, I had never seen so much complaining over not being able to get exclusives or extras to a game. Maybe it's because there are lots of collectables involved or maybe it's because this game is marketed towards children or maybe it's a bit of both, but with the adult aimed games I play if you miss out on getting an exclusive you either suck it up and move on or go through ebay and shell out the extra money for not being fast enough to preorder or get down to the store during launch. I'm not one to pay a whole lot more than the original price, so I generally just suck it up, and enjoy what I was able to get. After all, not having the variant colored weapon, or special outfit isn't going to make my game unplayable, just like not having every figure or variant colored figure to skylanders will make your game unplayable.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#41 Posted: 07:54:46 17/02/2012
My local tru's have a one 3pack per family limit and it is a good idea. When demand is this high the scalpers keep buying and ultimately it causes problems. You also get people who would normaly never scalp anything thinking hey there are 3 cynders here I could always buy all 3 and make a little money. Yeah skylanders is huge now but lots of people have given up on it because of the demand and i have already decided if giants is gonna be more of the same Ill quit also. Heck I already told my wife if I dont manage a L. trigger happy in the 1st month hes out it isnt a good sign of things to come, so ill prob quit. At the same time though when giants comes out all the original 32 will still be available just some with new poses so it is a wait and see on how supply and demand will play out with giants.

The big problem is scalpers but that wont stop until people dont buy figs on ebay, if you buy even one fig on ebay in my opinion you have no right to complain about the supply because your only adding to the problem. If we (skylanders fans) didnt buy a single fig off of ebay or auction sites, the scalpers wouldnt buy any more. Why buy something you cant sell, and hey we may even see a larger supply back in stores as im sure some scalpers would return some of there stock.

Also im not talking about rare versions gold, silver, metalic, rainbow lol. Yeah if its rare and limited then whatever. However regular basic product. Product that has a direct effect on a game everyone already paid good money for. We should all have a chance to walk into the store and buy the excessories needed to play the game to 100% (accolades, challenges and so on). I really think activision or toys for bob need to open there own online shop to buy them at, WOW has one. Thats the only way to get certian items for wow, and the only way to get the pandaren brewmaster Chen Stormstout figure. If they sold them from a direct source it would also put a bit of a bite on scalpers.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:15:44 17/02/2012 by Brutungo
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#42 Posted: 08:53:17 17/02/2012
As a collector I would be fine with a limit of 2 of the same item per person. Both Target and TRU have done this in the past to make sure they can spread the love. It's strictly a p.r. move since they want more people overall coming back to their store. TRU has a parasitic relationship with scalpers. They need and hate them. One scalper can wipe out their entire stock of a given item. Now that scalper is good for sales but bad for p.r. They sold all of their stock for said item but they might have lost repeat business from people that are constantly coming up empty when they check TRU for what they are looking for. Also a limit is merely a speed bump for scalpers. They will go back multiple times in one day just to wipe out their stock. At least with a posted sign stating a limit on the Skylanders it would at least appear that they are trying to aid the average Skylander hunter.
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#43 Posted: 10:11:44 17/02/2012
I agree. The most I have ever bought at the same time is five single packs (Boomer, Dino-Rang, Hex, Wrecking Ball and Zap), which were not to be sold on. I bought them for my brother and I to share. After purchasing, there were still loads more Boomers, a couple of Dino-Rangs, no Hexs (we got the last one), many Wrecking Balls, and a few Zaps. Another time we got Bash and Drobot, when they had one Bash, one Drobot and one Voodood in stock. I agree that scalping has got to stop, as the scalper isn't even going to use them; they are just going to sell them on to make money. If stores put limits on, maybe scalpers would not be so big an issue.
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
#44 Posted: 13:04:52 17/02/2012
To be clear, the suggestion is limits on multiples of the same toy not all toys. Example, if all 32 figures were in the store you could purchase all 32 figures once or even twice. You couldn't however buy three Cinders because three of the same toy exceeds the limit.

If a family can't get all they need in a single visit for all the kids in that family it's either tough noodles or they can just come right back in an hour and buy two more. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Even families shouldn't be able to soak up all the stock because again it hurts everyone (even that family) in the long run. Look at the big picture, if the scalping factor is eliminated by stores adhering to a limit of 2 per customer on SKU numbers, then supply will be much closer to meeting demand. The toys will get into the hands of the people that will be keeping them for themselves and less in the grubby dorito powdered mitts of reselling parasites.

The stores also win because it will garner good will between the majority of consumers as opposed to that one guy in sweatpants that comes in every week at opening smelling of bed sweat and barbeque sauce.

The arguments against this policy are either narrow minded or just plain lazy.

"Clerks shouldn't have to be bothered worrying about enforcing this rule" is not a good argument.

"Big chains don't care about consumer satisfaction" is an invalid argument.

"Families can't buy in bulk to satisfy personal demand" is failing to view the bigger picture and how this benefit them as much as anyone because such a rule would mean it's more likely to find the figures in the first place instead of empty shelves.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:09:48 17/02/2012 by skyp1e
#45 Posted: 13:48:53 17/02/2012
Quote: bornsc

Life isnt fair, get used to it.

If it is not a life saving item, there should be no limit on it.

Nice cliche quote and lack of creativity for a response that would actually attempt to create a valid argument against my 2 of the same box per customer per day rule.

The local BB here has a limit 2 setup, as does a few stores local to some people posting in this thread. With the rate these figures fly off the shelves, the stores wouldn't be taking any kind of additional risk by imposing a 2 same per cust. per day limitation. People are frustrated that they're so hard to find, and store employees know that. If you need to buy 4 of the same box, for any legitimate non-scalping reason, consider this.. if you buy 2 of the same and there's 32 boxes on the shelf, that means 15 other people could also buy 2 of the same. Or 30 other people could buy 1. How long would their stock last? If you returned back the next day, there's two scenarios:
1) They still have some left and you can buy another 2 of the same
2) They sold out - dont cry, be happy because you let between 15 and 30 people buy a product they were looking for - pat yourself on the back!

If you've got an actual argument against temporary limitations on a product that's having a hard time refilling shelves, I'm all ears. I just won't respond to another vague, post-count-increasing response that quotes me but doesn't actually address what I wrote. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:49:56 17/02/2012 by bornsc
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#46 Posted: 14:00:51 17/02/2012
it's called capitalism. they don't care if the person paying is a heartless scalper or a little kid, they just want money asap.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#47 Posted: 14:08:16 17/02/2012
Quote: voodude
it's called capitalism. they don't care if the person paying is a heartless scalper or a little kid, they just want money asap.

And if that is the case then it is beneficial to them to impose the limit and garner good will and consumer satisfaction.

Toys R Us and other retailers sell more than Skylanders. If visiting a store gives you a bad enough taste in your mouth long enough then you will stop shopping there. To cater to the quick sale in this case is being penny wise and pound foolish and more people like myself will completely give up on their chain.

I gave up on TrU over the past couple of weeks of frequent visits and no yield. Now I buy from gamestop.com and amazon.com cutting TrU out completely. Will that mean I lose out on exclusives? Sure it does, but color me not caring. I'm much closer to a typical customer for this game than most that will post on a forum dedicated to it are. I'm not gonna shell out $300 for a metalic Cinder in this lifetime.

Believe it or not I represent the majority of the fanbase more than the people that a forum like this would have you believe.

Customer loyalty is where the real money is not the "snatch and run entrepreneurs" that a shorted market creates.
---
#48 Posted: 14:11:46 17/02/2012
Quote: voodude

And if that is the case then it is beneficial to them to impose the limit and garner good will and consumer satisfaction.

Toys R Us and other retailers sell more than Skylanders. If visiting a store gives you a bad enough taste in your mouth long enough then you will stop shopping there. To cater to the quick sale in this case is being penny wise and pound foolish and more people like myself will completely give up on their chain.

I gave up on TrU over the past couple of weeks of frequent visits and no yield. Now I buy from gamestop.com and amazon.com cutting TrU out completely. Will that mean I lose out on exclusives? Sure it does, but color me not caring. I'm much closer to a typical customer for this game than most that will post on a forum dedicated to it are. I'm not gonna shell out $300 for a metalic Cinder in this lifetime.

Believe it or not I represent the majority of the fanbase more than the people that a forum like this would have you believe.

Customer loyalty is where the real money is not the "snatch and run entrepreneurs" that a shorted market creates.

Exactly
---
meds081603 Green Sparx Gems: 113
#49 Posted: 14:44:47 17/02/2012
I don't let my customers buy more than one of any item unless it's clearly a mom buying them for more than one child. I've pissed off some scalpers but made lots of kids happy!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#50 Posted: 15:03:52 17/02/2012

Even two is being too generous. When my TRU got in ONE single box of wave 3 Skylanders, that means they got ONE Cynder. So if they got two boxes in the future, buying two would be buying them all.

I think 1 on single packs, until they circulate more. Now on Something like Legendary packs, which come in droves, there should be a limit of 3. Same with adventure packs, as at TRU stores, they come in droves.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me