Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I HATE SCALPERs!!! >:( [CLOSED]
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#1 Posted: 23:54:45 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I called my TRU yesterday and they said they would be putting out the legendary triple pack today and I told my mom to go in the morning and she didn't see any and she asked an employee and he said that they were going to take them out of the back later today and we went after school and the employee said that 30 minutes after taking them out some lady called and bought the entire box which was like 6. If I had been there before her I would have it right now but NO that F-ing scalper had to go and take their entire shipment. Here was my reaction when the employee told me that:

[User Posted Image]

I was about ready to track that b**** down and take everything from her. I hope they are still going to get more shipments. If I ever see someone with more than two of the same skylanders I'm going to f-ing punch them in the face and take them.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:31 16/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#2 Posted: 23:55:52 16/02/2012
Exactly. Same happened to me!!! I was so mad! smilie
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
#3 Posted: 23:57:28 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fireballz
Exactly. Same happened to me!!! I was so mad! smilie

What happened to you?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#4 Posted: 00:00:12 17/02/2012
I called TRU and they said they would put it out around 12 ish, so asked my dad to go to my local TRU at 12 to buy me a Legendary Pack, but when he arrived there was none and he asked an employee and he said that a man came and bought them all 20 minutes ago. smilie
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:46 17/02/2012 by Fireballz
#5 Posted: 00:03:35 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fireballz
I called TRU and they said they would put it out around 12 ish, so asked my dad to go to my local TRU at 12 to buy me a Legendary Pack, but when he arrived there was none and he asked an employee and he said that a man came and bought them all 20 minutes ago. smilie

If I don't get a chance to get one I'm going to be f-ing mad and I'm going to make Activision send me a triple pack with packaging I'm not going to accept loose figures from them.
---

Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#6 Posted: 00:04:04 17/02/2012
TRU needs to share some of the blame here. It's not like they haven't limited items before. They need to have a limit of two items per person.
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#7 Posted: 00:05:41 17/02/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
I called my TRU yesterday and they said they would be putting out the legendary triple pack today and I told my mom to go in the morning and she didn't see any and she asked an employee and he said that they were going to take them out of the back later today and we went after school and the employee said that 30 minutes after taking them out some lady called and bought the entire box which was like 6. If I had been there before her I would have it right now but NO that F-ing scalper had to go and take their entire shipment. Here was my reaction when the employee told me that:

[User Posted Image]

I was about ready to track that b**** down and take everything from her. I hope they are still going to get more shipments. If I ever see someone with more than two of the same skylanders I'm going to f-ing punch them in the face and take them.

I live near the capital of the USA so I will be lucky if I even find one skylander at a store.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#8 Posted: 00:07:28 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tigorus
TRU needs to share some of the blame here. It's not like they haven't limited items before. They need to have a limit of two items per person.

[User Posted Image]

You don't say?
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:09:34 17/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#9 Posted: 00:12:28 17/02/2012
This thread makes me LOL.

Btw whirly, I will get all the legendary figures @ tru tomorrow and then stand on your front porch and ring your doorbell. Looking forward to you attempting to take a swing @ me.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
TeaJai Red Sparx Gems: 61
#10 Posted: 00:15:59 17/02/2012
Its weird we weren't even looking for the legendaries at the moment but my fiance went to TRU on his break and they had 3 legendary packs there... he bought two.
---
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smilie}
#11 Posted: 00:22:21 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Monsinour

Btw whirly, I will get all the legendary figures @ tru tomorrow and then stand on your front porch and ring your doorbell. Looking forward to you attempting to take a swing @ me.

You're welcome for the free LOLs.
---

#12 Posted: 00:25:02 17/02/2012

Hopefully you'll get lucky next time and see a scalper take all the legendarys right when you are about to get one.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 00:27:58 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rays

Hopefully you'll get lucky next time and see a scalper take all the legendarys right when you are about to get one.

OMG THEY WOULD BE LUCKY TO JUST GET OUT OF THE SKYLANDERS SECTION (ALIVE)!
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:27 17/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#14 Posted: 00:29:46 17/02/2012

But they will come out alive. If they don't you will be put in jail or juvie.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#15 Posted: 00:34:01 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator

But they will come out alive. If they don't you will be put in jail or juvie.

Fine. Lucky to leave perfectly healthy.
---

skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#16 Posted: 01:19:31 17/02/2012
The real frustration here isn't that low lilfes are buying up all the product (in this case Legendaries) before consumers can reach them.

The real concern is that such "entrepreneurs" will actually manage to keep soaking up the merchandise until such a time as Activision decides it's time to halt production on said items.

Something like these Legendaries, because they are exclusive are most at risk for such a thing. I personally don't care if I have to wait for anything that I want (Not really all that interested in Legendary Skyladers), but I would hate it if my ONLY recourse was to purchase from the secondary market.

Those that make a living holding toys for ransom ruin at least 20% of the hobbies enjoyment for people like me. I can only imagine that percentage is far greater for those with less patience than I.

I also agree that a policy should be put into place by retailers not to sell entire stock to a single customer. It isn't as if stores like Toys R Us have to worry that these figures won't sell if they don't dump them on the first celler dweller to stuff a shopping cart.

These things move and move fast. They can well afford to hold onto stock for an hour or two before they're cleaned out. No need to let one single person walk out with their entire shipment every week.

It's a smart public relations move to not allow single buyer clean outs. How much more often would you shop at a store that didn't boast empty pegs every single time you made a toy run?
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 01:26:12 17/02/2012 by skyp1e
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#17 Posted: 01:41:03 17/02/2012
I hear your frustration. I visited my local TRU again today to see how fast everything got sold. The shelves are almost empty after having a fully stocked shelf from yesterday. All the EOI are gone along with the Hex's, Dino-rang's and wrecking ball's. I bet the Legendary pack sold out by late afternoon. It is not yet the weekend and I feel sorry for the kids who only get to shop during the weekends. It will probably be just empty shelves.

If this TRU's so called restock of the legendary pack then it is a bust IMHO.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#18 Posted: 02:24:22 17/02/2012
The problem here is that there's really no reason for scalpers not to scalp. In this horrid economic climate, this is some peoples' full-time job. And, before you tell them to "go get a real job," where are they supposed to work? Walmart? McDonald's? Some other dead-end place that pays far less than just scalping Skylanders? Where's the sense in that? Who would ever take such a pay cut just for the sake of someone else's definition of buyer ethics? The scalpers are doing this for a reason; it pays well, it takes less time than most dead-end jobs for substantially more pay, and since stores don't regulate how many people can buy, there's nothing telling them not to. Humans will be human.

The blame for this really does rest on Activision's shoulders. Consumers will be consumers, it's an immutable law of the capitalist market. If supply were anywhere near demand, there wouldn't be such massive rewards in it for people playing the secondary market. How is a shipment of six three-packs ever supposed to satisfy the rabid demand of the free market? Even if a single person hadn't bought them all, there's still a good chance none would have been there when you arrived. I know scalpers are an easy target; believe me, they annoy me, too. However, the only reason they exist, or even CAN exist, is because Activision left the door wide open for them.
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#19 Posted: 02:26:37 17/02/2012
Quote: Tashiji
The problem here is that there's really no reason for scalpers not to scalp. In this horrid economic climate, this is some peoples' full-time job. And, before you tell them to "go get a real job," where are they supposed to work? Walmart? McDonald's? Some other dead-end place that pays far less than just scalping Skylanders? Where's the sense in that? Who would ever take such a pay cut just for the sake of someone else's definition of buyer ethics? The scalpers are doing this for a reason; it pays well, it takes less time than most dead-end jobs for substantially more pay, and since stores don't regulate how many people can buy, there's nothing telling them not to. Humans will be human.

The blame for this really does rest on Activision's shoulders. Consumers will be consumers, it's an immutable law of the capitalist market. If supply were anywhere near demand, there wouldn't be such massive rewards in it for people playing the secondary market. How is a shipment of six three-packs ever supposed to satisfy the rabid demand of the free market? Even if a single person hadn't bought them all, there's still a good chance none would have been there when you arrived. I know scalpers are an easy target; believe me, they annoy me, too. However, the only reason they exist, or even CAN exist, is because Activision left the door wide open for them.

Hopefully if Activision does try to meet demand, quality won't suffer due to hasty production runs.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:18 17/02/2012 by skyp1e
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#20 Posted: 03:09:11 17/02/2012
Agreed on that front. They just need more facilities to make these things, because obviously their current establishment isn't equipped to meet the needs of the public... especially now that they're splitting their priorities between the current game and Giants... This could get worse before it gets better.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#21 Posted: 03:16:39 17/02/2012
I wonder how much of what has been produced in the past two months is currently being held, or has already been sold by, scalpers? Probably a staggering number of 'Landers.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#22 Posted: 03:20:32 17/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
I wonder how much of what has been produced in the past two months is currently being held, or has already been sold by, scalpers? Probably a staggering number of 'Landers.

Acording to the shareholders conference call, skylanders have sold over 20 million figures. Not sure if that total is world wide or just in NA.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#23 Posted: 04:57:26 17/02/2012
I went to my local TRU after work today. Something told me to buy a few of the 32 3-Pack Legendaries they had. I left it be... for once. I go back an hour later and one of the employees who knew me said "some guy came in and spent 800 bucks, buying all of them." I thought they were joking at first. They weren't.

Pathetic losers. Everyone dies. When they die, they can't take their money with them. Hope they're happy they robbed peoples' chances at them. I won't hold back next week. I will buy them all, if just to spite these nosebleeding scalpers.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#24 Posted: 05:04:38 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
I went to my local TRU after work today. Something told me to buy a few of the 32 3-Pack Legendaries they had. I left it be... for once. I go back an hour later and one of the employees who knew me said "some guy came in and spent 800 bucks, buying all of them." I thought they were joking at first. They weren't.

Pathetic losers. Everyone dies. When they die, they can't take their money with them. Hope they're happy they robbed peoples' chances at them. I won't hold back next week. I will buy them all, if just to spite these nosebleeding scalpers.

I'm not saying you're a scalper or accuse you of anything but when you buy skylanders and sell them to us you're kind of like a scalper because we still have to pay more than what we normally would in the store. I'm not saying they're ridiculous prices but its more preferable than scalper prices. I know its because of shipping but they are kind of high. I'm not trying to be mean or anything.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:05:24 17/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#25 Posted: 05:12:27 17/02/2012

I'm not saying you're a scalper or accuse you of anything but when you buy skylanders and sell them to us you're kind of like a scalper because we still have to pay more than what we normally would in the store. I'm not saying they're ridiculous prices but its more preferable than scalper prices. I know its because of shipping but they are kind of high. I'm not trying to be mean or anything.

I may not like GM78, and its more than the fact he has welched on our bet, but you have no leg to stand on here. he is offering a service. he has stated several times that he loses money for each and every person he helps locate a figure they are looking for.
---
My kids own :
#26 Posted: 05:26:51 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator

I may not like GM78, and its more than the fact he has welched on our bet, but you have no leg to stand on here. he is offering a service. he has stated several times that he loses money for each and every person he helps locate a figure they are looking for.

Can you not read? I said I don't mean anything! I was just wondering if that counts.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:27:31 17/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#27 Posted: 05:47:15 17/02/2012
Can you not read? I said I don't mean anything! I was just wondering if that counts.

Scalping, by definition implies a profit of some kind.
---
My kids own :
#28 Posted: 05:49:18 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Yeah he still makes a bit of profit. I said I'm not saying hes a scalper and I'm not accusing him of being one.
---

#29 Posted: 05:50:33 17/02/2012

Yeah he still makes a bit of profit. I said I'm not saying hes a scalper and I'm not accusing him of being one.

How does he make a profit when he loses money on each and every transaction? Not looking to argue, just wondering where you went wrong. Did you not read those posts?
---
My kids own :
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#30 Posted: 06:00:21 17/02/2012
Quote: Himewad

Acording to the shareholders conference call, skylanders have sold over 20 million figures. Not sure if that total is world wide or just in NA.

That's just sold to GM78 - grin!
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
UncleBuck Green Sparx Gems: 428
#31 Posted: 13:47:40 17/02/2012
One of the Toys R Us in my neck of the woods only puts out 1 Legendary 3-pack at a time... And they'll only hold one if you call in. There would be a lot of happy customers if they all did that.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#32 Posted: 14:43:19 17/02/2012
My Mum did some scalping yesterday smilie I felt well bad.

She bought 2 Sonic Booms, aBash and a Chop Chop to sell on ebay.

She did get me a Bash and Chop Chop to keep though :/

To be honest there was a crowd of people standing round grabbing as many as they could.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#33 Posted: 15:00:24 17/02/2012

There ya go, Monsi, saying stupid **** again. I don't welch, but if you wanna label me as a welcher, I can live up to that name, since you want to jump the gun. Everyone in my house has been sick. Despite the fact I've still been going to work and helping others get these, I've been slacking on a lot of things, which includes sending you the 10 bucks I owe ya.

Want to know what a real welcher does? A real welcher would want it to slip under the bridge. What did I do? I brought it up in a topic before you ever could. smilie

You will get your 10 bucks, when I get to feeling better and stop sluffing off. The world isn't ending anytime soon. You aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and neither am I. Patience grasshopper.

Whirlwind, I don't scalp. If I had a nickel for everytime most here developed amnesia, I'd be rich. I take a loss on everything I sell. It may all add up to a dollar, but those dollars add up, and gas also isn't cheap. I wonder how many more times I will have to repeat this same statement, before some here actually remember?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#34 Posted: 15:24:42 17/02/2012

[User Posted Image]

You don't say?

Problem?

[User Posted Image]
#35 Posted: 16:13:53 17/02/2012

There ya go, Monsi, saying stupid **** again. I don't welch, but if you wanna label me as a welcher, I can live up to that name, since you want to jump the gun. Everyone in my house has been sick. Despite the fact I've still been going to work and helping others get these, I've been slacking on a lot of things, which includes sending you the 10 bucks I owe ya.

Want to know what a real welcher does? A real welcher would want it to slip under the bridge. What did I do? I brought it up in a topic before you ever could. smilie

You will get your 10 bucks, when I get to feeling better and stop sluffing off. The world isn't ending anytime soon. You aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and neither am I. Patience grasshopper.

Whirlwind, I don't scalp. If I had a nickel for everytime most here developed amnesia, I'd be rich. I take a loss on everything I sell. It may all add up to a dollar, but those dollars add up, and gas also isn't cheap. I wonder how many more times I will have to repeat this same statement, before some here actually remember?

Your just pissed off because you aren't the only one on these boards with 2 of the metallic cynders.

Its been long enough since the bet has been resolved. Vegas doesn't give you weeks to pay back your lost bet. Until I get my $, you are welching on the bet. Honestly, how much effort is there spent logging into paypal and sending a payment? About the same effort as logging in here and making a post, some might say less.

Look, I stood up for you. You came back @ me with horrible language. Keep filling the "I hate you" bucket I have set aside for you. If you take offense to me following your every post asking for my money, too bad. Want it to stop? Pay me.

Where my money at *****?
---
My kids own :
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#36 Posted: 17:04:34 17/02/2012
STOP THE DISCUSSION!
You all should be greatefull by having at least the game, here in Portugal we are in economics crisys ( sorry, don't know how to write that one ) and I only can have 1 skylanders, no skylanders in the box neither 2 skylanders for each path, there are children out there that want the game and they can't have it.
So, read well what you want to write.
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
#37 Posted: 17:17:30 17/02/2012
Guys can we grow up a little? This is turning into the "GM78 owes Monsinour $10" boards. PM each other if you have to keep talking about it. Your issues have nothing to do with the threads they are posted in nor the game itself. You are scaring away new people. And to stay on topic, yes scalper suck.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:19:00 17/02/2012 by Tigorus
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#38 Posted: 18:06:55 17/02/2012
Everytime GM78 and Monsinour start going at it all I get in my head is a scene from the movie Grumpy Old Men.

[User Posted Image]
#39 Posted: 18:10:40 17/02/2012
^lol, nailed it.
#40 Posted: 18:21:47 17/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord
Everytime GM78 and Monsinour start going at it all I get in my head is a scene from the movie Grumpy Old Men.

[User Posted Image]

Fish can be deadly!
---
My kids own :
thrill76 Green Sparx Gems: 172
#41 Posted: 20:13:42 17/02/2012
Guys can we grow up a little? This is turning into the "GM78 owes Monsinour $10" boards. PM each other if you have to keep talking about it. Your issues have nothing to do with the threads they are posted in nor the game itself. You are scaring away new people. And to stay on topic, yes scalper suck.

Maybe we should just take up a collection, cause I am pretty sure I have never seen two adults go back and forth about $10 like this, ever. I would be more than happy to throw in $1.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#42 Posted: 20:16:04 17/02/2012
I think this is less about the $10 and more about honor.

Just putting in my two cents and then backing outta this one. I don't want anything to do with it.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
thrill76 Green Sparx Gems: 172
#43 Posted: 20:24:46 17/02/2012
Quote: Madel

Just putting in my two cents and then backing outta this one. I don't want anything to do with it.

I get that, but handle it privately. Time and place.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#44 Posted: 20:31:00 17/02/2012
Quote: thrill76
Quote: Madel

I get that, but handle it privately. Time and place.

Totally agree.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:12 17/02/2012 by Madel
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#45 Posted: 21:28:14 17/02/2012
You can tell how much more product is available by how much prices have come down on eBay. As for scalping, when I went to TRU last Saturday morning there were 5 legendary packs... I had them hold 2, and then immediately someone called and had them put aside the remaining 3. I'll bet if I hadn't called first they would have bought all of them.
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#46 Posted: 15:51:44 18/02/2012
On kijiji a person bought the legendary pack opened it up and is selling the individiaul
Characters for 50bucks each!!!
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#47 Posted: 16:03:16 18/02/2012
if you think this is bad
wait until the dragon's peak pack rolls around
hooooo boy
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#48 Posted: 16:11:19 18/02/2012
Wow, glad i got the pack when it first came out.
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#49 Posted: 20:58:03 18/02/2012
The Legendary Triple pack is now selling below the $40 price at ebay. At this rate, it would be worthless to scalpers because of the ebay fees and packaging would simply yield them a small profit. If the TRU's would get another stock next week then that should give a chance for everyone to get it because Im sure the scalpers would have given up on these.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#50 Posted: 21:46:58 18/02/2012
^Yes!!!! Maybe ill be able to get it when i go to tru on thursday!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me