Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Report- Am I doing it right? [CLOSED]
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#1 Posted: 05:34:58 15/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Am I suppose to report here? If so, heres the reason why.

Quote: Shrazer320
Quote: Spyroboy
I found out that my best friend stole $100 from me, i hate him so much know, next time i see him im going to beat the **** out of him, i cant believe he would do that to me

oWo... Dude, steal something valuabe of his that you like, that way you get something back. X3

Not the answer Shrazer, telling people to do something is wrong. *reported* That can lead to bad things, and a even worse friendship. (If they're still sort of friends.)
Anyways, I think you might want to talk to your school counselor or someone you trust.
spyro48 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#2 Posted: 07:24:10 15/05/2008
You click the report button next to the post.
---
I'm back from my unaccounced break. Sorry 4 not telling u. Do u like my avi?? It is my aunties dog, Peggy.
Spyrogon Emerald Sparx Gems: 4280
#3 Posted: 10:37:10 15/05/2008
You're doing it wrong. Her post doesn't break any darkSpyro rules, and she was most likely joking. In fact, you broke the second last rule.
---
I have such an uncreative username.
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#4 Posted: 16:12:25 15/05/2008
whats the point in reporting them? Spyroboy can do what he wants...PLUS he hasnt done anything wrong..he hasnt broke any rules or anythingsmilie
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#5 Posted: 20:02:16 15/05/2008
Agreed. And nor have Shrazer.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#6 Posted: 22:35:41 15/05/2008
Quote: Spyro2008

I found out that my best friend stole $100 from me, i hate him so much know, next time i see him im going to beat the **** out of him, i cant believe he would do that to me

oWo... Dude, steal something valuabe of his that you like, that way you get something back. X3

Not the answer Shrazer, telling people to do something is wrong. *reported* That can lead to bad things, and a even worse friendship. (If they're still sort of friends.)
Anyways, I think you might want to talk to your school counselor or someone you trust.

1. *in annoying voice* YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!;
2. There's a button at the bottom of each post;
3. Me? Talk to someone? No one's mind is either working the same way as mine or smart enough to know what goes through mine;
4. I broke NO darkSpyro rules.
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#7 Posted: 23:48:07 15/05/2008
Haha, the wonders of forums.

*Please take the time to READ what I have to say.*

There are times when we strongly disagree on the opinions of someone else, but I think you should use the report mechanism more conservatively - think about the situation first.

In this case, Spyroboy has had his money stolen and people are giving him advice on what to do afterwards. Shrazer posts a statement that you obviously wouldn't do if you're a sensible person, but from the context of her post, it's clear that she's just joking or simply having a little fun.

There's a right time and a wrong time to do those things. A wrong time is for example, if you mentioned something racist in a joking way - because that is definitely bad no matter the circumstances. You also have to be careful with topics like religion. In THIS case, however, I don't see any harm in joking around a bit. Spyro2008 is taking the whole thing a bit too seriously by wanting to report the situation. I'm sure Spyroboy can make the right decisions himself and can tell what posts to take seriously or not.

All in all, if there's anyone who should use report if necessary, it should be Spyroboy because it is his topic. What Shrazer said isn't something universally offensive. At most, Spyro2008 could say something like, "Shrazer, not the right time to say that" and leave it at that. People who report too liberally or unjustifiably is basically "whining to his/her higher authority," so to speak. It's like unnecessarily flagging videos on Youtube for offensive content when there really isn't any.

IMO, Shrazer did NOT break any rules. Even if the occasional breaking of rules were always reported, that would create a tense atmosphere for the whole darkSpyro community. Then I wouldn't even want to come to this site.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
Last edited at 23:50:38 15/05/2008 by bmah
Anonymous Fodder
#8 Posted: 00:20:28 16/05/2008

3. Me? Talk to someone? No one's mind is either working the same way as mine or smart enough to know what goes through mine;

I see no report button. =P
Plus, no need to put caps on, harsh sheesh.
Sorry. I was mad that day a lot. Hope you forgive me.
#9 Posted: 00:21:10 16/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Anonymous

Sorry that was me. =P
#10 Posted: 01:34:16 16/05/2008
Quote: bmah

There are times when we strongly disagree on the opinions of someone else, but I think you should use the report mechanism more conservatively - think about the situation first.

In this case, Spyroboy has had his money stolen and people are giving him advice on what to do afterwards. Shrazer posts a statement that you obviously wouldn't do if you're a sensible person, but from the context of her post, it's clear that she's just joking or simply having a little fun.

There's a right time and a wrong time to do those things. A wrong time is for example, if you mentioned something racist in a joking way - because that is definitely bad no matter the circumstances. You also have to be careful with topics like religion. In THIS case, however, I don't see any harm in joking around a bit. Spyro2008 is taking the whole thing a bit too seriously by wanting to report the situation. I'm sure Spyroboy can make the right decisions himself and can tell what posts to take seriously or not.

All in all, if there's anyone who should use report if necessary, it should be Spyroboy because it is his topic. What Shrazer said isn't something universally offensive. At most, Spyro2008 could say something like, "Shrazer, not the right time to say that" and leave it at that. People who report too liberally or unjustifiably is basically "whining to his/her higher authority," so to speak. It's like unnecessarily flagging videos on Youtube for offensive content when there really isn't any.

IMO, Shrazer did NOT break any rules. Even if the occasional breaking of rules were always reported, that would create a tense atmosphere for the whole darkSpyro community. Then I wouldn't even want to come to this site.

*nod* I was half joking when I said that. I KNOW that I occasionally break rules (but don't usually notice until later), and lots of other people do, but are they and I getting banned? Nope.

Sorry that was me. =P

Then you probably can't see the edit button too.
Did you not get the "*in annoying voice*" thing?
Not really; you got all pissy at me when I gave me opinion of you posting a link to your Sonic forum.
#11 Posted: 02:09:25 16/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: bmah

*nod* I was half joking when I said that. I KNOW that I occasionally break rules (but don't usually notice until later), and lots of other people do, but are they and I getting banned? Nope.

Sorry that was me. =P

Then you probably can't see the edit button too.
Did you not get the "*in annoying voice*" thing?
Not really; you got all pissy at me when I gave me opinion of you posting a link to your Sonic forum.

=P I was being sarcastic. In a way. Sorry though.
#12 Posted: 03:13:44 16/05/2008
*circus music* X3
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12093
#13 Posted: 05:55:55 19/05/2008

Trust me its okay that she said that, im glad she did, and that kid and i are not friends anymore, he means nothing to me, far as i'm concerned he's doesn't exist, a pile of **** means more to me than he does
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Last edited at 13:38:49 19/05/2008 by dark52
Dragon Seeker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#14 Posted: 06:17:03 19/05/2008
smilie, Yeah... In all of it ... was just a opinion in 'light' of the situation =S =D
---
If you are in the practice of Witchcraft and are not afraid to admit it copy and paste this in your signature.
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#15 Posted: 13:55:44 19/05/2008

Trust me its okay that she said that, im glad she did, and that kid and i are not friends anymore, he means nothing to me, far as i'm concerned he's doesn't exist, a pile of **** means more to me than he does

Lol! Good use of wordssmilie
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#16 Posted: 16:37:02 19/05/2008
...a pile of ****...

*Hiss*
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#17 Posted: 01:21:07 20/05/2008
Quote: Ross
...a pile of ****...

*Hiss*

smilie that is just sick and rong
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#18 Posted: 20:51:07 20/05/2008
you spelt "wrong" wrong
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#19 Posted: 17:39:47 21/05/2008
Quote: alexis1213
Quote: Ross
...a pile of ****...

*Hiss*

smilie that is just sick and rong

Care to explain?
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#20 Posted: 20:22:59 23/05/2008
Quote: Crush

Lol! Good use of wordssmilie

smilie Thanks smilie
---
Last edited at 20:23:21 23/05/2008 by Spyroboy
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#21 Posted: 20:25:48 23/05/2008
[quote=Ross][quote=alexis1213][quote=Ross][quote=Spyroboy]...a pile of [b]*[/b]***...[/quote]

*Hiss*[/quote]

XD that is just sick and rong[/quote]

Care to explain?[/quote]

yes I don't want to be in a pile of ****
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
#22 Posted: 22:14:02 23/05/2008
Well, that made no sense.
#23 Posted: 23:18:50 23/05/2008

what do you mean??????????????
---
#24 Posted: 00:14:12 24/05/2008

what do you mean??????????????

-_-

Someone close the topic!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me