Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Would I be a scalper if? [CLOSED]
Jherbert2 Red Sparx Gems: 38
#1 Posted: 06:56:06 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I've placed a couple of orders on eBay for the legondary 3 pack. 2 orders exactly. Should both pan out (unlikely) then I would have paid a fair price plus a finders fee that was not unreasonable. Should both of them come I would have a set I could not use and I would like to resell. Unfortunately I've never sold anything on eBay before so I don't know what that entails.
Toys R Us here in TN are selling all of their skylanders 3 packs for 29.99. Tax in Tennessee is 9.25%. I would be using the "if it fits. It ships" box for what ever that shipping is.
My plan would be this:
All of this is baised on a really big should...
If I do get both I would put it up here first. I would like to charge $25 dollars plus the "if it fits it ships" shipping fee. Would that be fair? Would that be scalping?
I know this sounds dubious. I honestly don't think I'll get both packs. The shelves at toys r us are completely bare all the time. It's not like I'm buying up the store.
I know they are posting these things for $100+ which I think is madness. I thought I'd like to see what the skylanders community thinks should I be so fortunate to get both.
Even if I do not, what would you consider a scalper? What would fair be?
vinvin616 Red Sparx Gems: 46
#2 Posted: 06:58:52 15/02/2012
I don't know if that constitutes as scalping seeing as you aren't selling it at a price that is more expensive than that which is found within stores. Personally if it pans out for you I would buy that off of you if you'll ship to canada and take paypal. smilie Hopefully neither of us are breaking any forum rules here. Good luck either way!
---
Own:
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LF:smiliesmiliesmilie
#3 Posted: 07:02:56 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh snap! I didn't think about breaking any rules! Oh man I hope I don't get banned on my very first post.
Oh well. It was an honest question.
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#4 Posted: 13:40:07 15/02/2012
smilie dont use the if it fix boxes.
Use the priority boxes that are NOT flat rate.
Much cheaper.

-M
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#5 Posted: 14:34:37 15/02/2012
Quote: neomas77
smilie dont use the if it fix boxes.
Use the priority boxes that are NOT flat rate.
Much cheaper.

-M

Yup.

Its not scalping.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#6 Posted: 15:02:48 15/02/2012
Go for it!

Regardless of all the "we hate you scalpers!" that you read on these forums, everyone is guilty when it comes to hoarding these packs. The TRU legendary packs is basically a gold mine right now because it is selling at 200%+ percent of the MSRP and it was even selling for 600%+ of the MSRP. I've read people who are buying multiples "to help" other collectors which I find really funny. If you buy more than 1 then you are as guilty as any scalper because (1) you are not going to sell the item for less than what you paid it for and (2) by getting multiples of the item you took another buyer chance of getting that item.

I personally is tempted to get as many as I can because the potential of this item going back to selling for $150 a piece which is a $100 profit for any reseller. The only reason to stop buying this is when TRU decides that this will be reproduced over and over again which is most unlikely to happen. Im expecting that even with the release of the Giants figures that these will hold a certain value. If you play your cards right then you can use these packs to fund you future skylander purchases (hint: selling it at the right time is KEY!).

Let's be honest here, this craze is not cheap. I've yet to understand how I ended up paying for the figures 4 times the amount of the video game (accessories) and still was happy about it. Collecting is a hobby that involves time and money. Some collectors find that reselling is one good way to fund their hobby (and eat more of their time! lol) and almost every collector is guilty of it.

We should all be happy though that Activision/TRU is addressing the stock issues which is helping in bringing the prices down. Although they can't keep reproducing the older waves because production of the newer ones are bound to come into play (I estimate could start as early as July).
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
ISlingZeFlames Red Sparx Gems: 82
#7 Posted: 16:21:22 15/02/2012
The only time I purchase more than one of any skylander item is when I am helping my friend out. If I go to TRU and they magically have 6 legendary packs out. I'll buy only 2. If my friend passes I'd probably just return the extra to the store. I don't see selling extra for cost plus shipping as scalping because you didn't profit. Scalpers are in it for the money, you on the other hand simply had an extra and are helping someone else out.
---
Own-{smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie} {smilie smilie}
#8 Posted: 18:54:10 15/02/2012
Well then, there we have it? If you end up selling, want to sell to me? haha smilie
---
Own:
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#9 Posted: 19:06:34 15/02/2012
I picked up 3 Volcanic Vaults at Gameststion for free. Keapt one and put the other 2 on ebay. I had never sold anything on ebay before so it was exciting. I started the bidding price at £3.00 plus £1.00/£1.50 (depends on where you live) postage. By the end of the auction it was £19!!!! I was not expecting that much.

The other one hasn't finished yet, i'm not expecting the price to go up as much.

I don't consider myself a scalper because I am only selling 2 things and I started the bidding at a compleatly reasonable price. They chose to pay £19 because lots of people wanted it and were bidding for it.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 20:53:12 15/02/2012
The only way you could truly be a "scalper" is if you're strictly going to stores looking for these, buying them and then reselling them. I see no harm in a fan finding a few in store, buying them and possibly reselling them, either exactly at cost (Which, some people have the luxury and money to do so) or for a little bit more (which is what I've done with a few extras I have).
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Gobiin Green Sparx Gems: 221
#11 Posted: 23:59:20 15/02/2012
Something to keep in mind when selling things on eBay, you will be paying postage, listing fees, paypal fees and then some. Don't hold me to it but if you bought something for $10 and it sell for less than $12 you are losing money after your fees. Also, my opinion on scalping would be if you were hanging out at the display offering to sell to people that were disappointed it was empty, not listing it in a place that people go looking for something and they choose what they want to pay.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Goldsmilie
#12 Posted: 04:08:25 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.
It turned out to be a non issue. I'm not going to pay too ridiculous a price. I was out bit 20 minutes before it was over. Not much of a loss.
I did catch some folk who bought the last of the legendary packs when I got to TRU yesterday. One of the employees put one behind the counter when I got there. As I was in a bid on eBay I didn't make an issue or ask about them. I'll check tomorrow.
Walmart had a batch in. I had all of those so I didn't buy one there either.
I don't know how it could be done but I would like to help anyone who needs some if I can find them. Kind of a "give me your shopping list". I won't go buy 500. My 7 year old son and I enjoy the game and I've seen too many other disappointed kids to buy out anyone.
I'd like to bat the idea around with you guys. I want to stay within the rules of the forum but I'd like to it where I showed a picture of the shelf price + our tax here + shipping + $1.
I hear a good deal of angry parents and crying kids. I'd really like to help.

If I'm out of line here then send me a cease and dissist. I'll move along.
#13 Posted: 04:17:09 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator
By 'move along' I mean 'I'll quit talking about this.
#14 Posted: 04:21:52 17/02/2012
It's really great that the users here help each other out like this especially when scalpers are just ruining it for everyone. I can barely get any over where I live and so far even the ones I get are because I wait 3 hours for the shipment to possibly come in. The TRU's around where I live have gotten their legendary three packs shipment on tuesday. By the time I got to the one with those packs they were all gone even when the lady there said they would hold one pack for me for one hour when I called. I was there within 20 minutes. It is really upsetting.

On a side note, do you still have an extra one you'd be willing to part with? I really want to get my hands on a Legendary pack!
---
Own:
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me