Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Variants [CLOSED]
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#1 Posted: 03:38:26 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I just wanted to ask if anyone has any official variants like: a sonic boom with an entire silver headpiece, or a dino-rang with green/gray boomerangs, or (I doubt it) a slam bam that is solid blue, or maybe a non-derpy cynder. If you do post a comment and if it is possible post a pic. (P.S. Golds, silvers, pearls, and metallics don't count.)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#2 Posted: 07:31:11 15/02/2012
No one has answered you.

The only official variants (apart from Legendaries) are whole colour. Any fig with different colouring are simply production errors and pretty much one off.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#3 Posted: 09:33:08 15/02/2012
As chaosworrier said, figures without wholly one different colour all over, or are the normal Skylanders, are production errors and aren't meant to be.

These are the only announced Skylanders to be official variants:
All Legendaries (Bash, Chop Chop, Spyro and Trigger Happy)
Blue Traslucent Bash
Metallic Cynder
Pearl Hex
All Silvers
All Golds
Dark Spyro
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:23:11 16/02/2012 by willow
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#4 Posted: 14:27:15 15/02/2012
Quote: willow
As chaosworrier said, figures without wholly one different colour all over, or are the normal Skylanders, are production errors and aren't meant to be.

These are the only announced Skylanders to be official variants SO FAR:
Blue Traslucent Bash
Metallic Cynder
Pearl Hex
All Silvers - Eruptor, Dino-Rang, Boomer
All Golds - Chop Chop, Flameslinger, Drill Sargent

Fixed that a little bit for ya.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
ISlingZeFlames Red Sparx Gems: 82
#5 Posted: 14:58:32 15/02/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
I just wanted to ask if anyone has any official variants like: a sonic boom with an entire silver headpiece, or a dino-rang with green/gray boomerangs, or (I doubt it) a slam bam that is solid blue, or maybe a non-derpy cynder. If you do post a comment and if it is possible post a pic. (P.S. Golds, silvers, pearls, and metallics don't count.)

I believe whirlwind is referring to non intentional paint variances how about the different head directions that spyro has. Do they count? Although I doubt they would be considered official. As stated the only official variances are the gold silver etc figures
---
Own-{smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie} {smilie smilie}
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 15:14:48 15/02/2012
There's one that I know of that might fall into that category. The Drill Sarge released at Walmart for a limited time had the gears on its base unpainted, and a more metallic color scheme.

The new ones in the single and 3 packs feature a painted base, and the colors are more solid (as opposed to the metallic flakes in the previous one.

If you search on the forums for the other variant topic, I have a pic of them posted there.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#7 Posted: 15:29:59 15/02/2012
I think Whirlwind5598 is talking about the images of the Champions as being variants of the actual released figures. Like with how Sonic Boom has a silver headpiece, but was released with a brown one.

Original Concept: [User Posted Image]
Released Figure:
[User Posted Image]
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 15:43:24 15/02/2012

Blue Traslucent Bash
Metallic Cynder
Pearl Hex
All Silvers
All Golds

What about Dark Spyro?
---
Bring the Fanta
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#9 Posted: 09:22:19 16/02/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

Blue Traslucent Bash
Metallic Cynder
Pearl Hex
All Silvers
All Golds

What about Dark Spyro?

True- I forgot about him! smilie I'll add it to the post. smilie
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 15:24:17 16/02/2012
Quote: Madel
I think Whirlwind5598 is talking about the images of the Champions as being variants of the actual released figures. Like with how Sonic Boom has a silver headpiece, but was released with a brown one.
yeah I'm not gonna quote the pictures lawl

So far, no one has provided proof that they actually had a Sonic Boom with a silver head plate (besides the ones who colored it in) and the only way I'd believe them is if they had it in the original package.

The Stock art used for the character is different for a lot of the characters, but we would have probably seen SBs with the solid silver headplate now.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#11 Posted: 15:28:41 16/02/2012
Another actual variant is Drill Sergeant. Walmart exclusives have black gears on their Tech base, subsequent releases have silver like the rest of the Tech characters.
julio71599 Green Sparx Gems: 267
#12 Posted: 16:53:00 16/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

So far, no one has provided proof that they actually had a Sonic Boom with a silver head plate (besides the ones who colored it in) and the only way I'd believe them is if they had it in the original package.

The Stock art used for the character is different for a lot of the characters, but we would have probably seen SBs with the solid silver headplate now.

Mine came with a silver headpiece and I didn't paint but it is open
---
I have all except l-spyro,l-bash, and l-chop chop from skylanders giants
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#13 Posted: 16:59:33 16/02/2012
Quote: julio71599
Quote: spyroflame0487

Mine came with a silver headpiece and I didn't paint but it is open

How about a close-up picture? I would like to see it.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me