Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I hate you TRU [CLOSED]
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#51 Posted: 17:19:43 16/02/2012
No prob smilie i was happy to at least try to help you out. I laughed at that part about the scalper smilie just awesome
---
Praise Helix!!!
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#52 Posted: 18:34:43 16/02/2012
Congrats man. Get a pick of the kids with it. I like to see smiling happy faces!
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#53 Posted: 18:36:59 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ace
No prob smilie i was happy to at least try to help you out. I laughed at that part about the scalper smilie just awesome

Quote: Monsinour
Congrats man. Get a pick of the kids with it. I like to see smiling happy faces!

I was ready to take the guy down if he didn't hand one of those puppies over to me. OK, maybe not take him down, but I would have made sure that I got one if he decided to be a jerk about it. By any means necessary.

I seriously can't wait to see my kid's face when we give this to him (he was geeked the other day when we gave him EoI - and that's just one figure). Although I think I'll wait until I land Legendary Trigger Happy and give them all to him at once.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:37:56 16/02/2012 by Himewad
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#54 Posted: 18:39:46 16/02/2012
CONGRATS!smilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#55 Posted: 18:42:09 16/02/2012
Aww, man. I am so ready to wake up extra early to go to Toys'R'Us tomorrow. You guys don't know.
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#56 Posted: 18:45:47 16/02/2012
Nice job, Himewad. I also appreciated that you called the "reseller" a scalper. Now that's calling a duck a duck! I need to start looking again. I've taken about 2 weeks off of my Skylanders hunt and just living life, so I think I'll head to the TRU tomorrow in hopes of grabbing one of the Legendary packs. Who knows, maybe they will have Cynder as well. If that's the case, I'll have every Skylander except for Ignitor. Eh, I'll probably wait for the single packs for him.

If I were a more patient man, I'd wait for the 3 pack with Cynder included... but I never said I was that patient man. lol.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bornsc Red Sparx Gems: 60
#57 Posted: 19:18:32 16/02/2012
Just went to the TRU in Allen off Stacy Rd - they didn't have ANY. Haven't had any everytime I've gone.
But the TRU in Frisco behind Stonebriar Mall normally has some. Today I went up there after the Allen store, and they had a SHELF full of Legendary 3 packs. I bought 1 for myself and 1 for my brother. I'm so glad I didn't have to pay $50 on eBay!
---
Top 10 Reasons Skylanders is Awesome |See guestbook for my chars
TeaJai Red Sparx Gems: 61
#58 Posted: 21:11:18 16/02/2012
YaY my fiance just called me and said they had the legendaries at TRU and he bought two. plus the crypt we havn't had that one yet either. So now we have a spare legendary pack.
---
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smilie}
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#59 Posted: 21:18:21 16/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
After calling TRU last night and finding out they were expecting a shipment of Skylanders early this morning, I decided to take a little time off of work and get there before they opened. It finally happened.

[User Posted Image]

I was actually the first one to wait at the door, which was about 5 minutes before they opened. Slowly, some more people crept up to join me. When the doors opened, some sloppily dressed guy quickly made a bee-line for the Skylanders section. I joined him a few seconds after him, and said, "Finally! They got some!" To which he replied, "How many do you need?" I said, "Just one," and he gave me one. Then he proceeded to scoop the rest up in his arms (there were five more). I asked him (knowingly) what he was doing. He replied, "I'm a reseller." I looked him straight in the eye and said, "No, you're a scalper. You should leave them so other people can enjoy them." I didn't expect to change his mind, and I was correct, and he proceeded to follow me to the counter to pay. However, a couple of people that got to the Skylander section shortly after us must have complained about this dork, because a manager told him that he can't buy all of them. She limited him to two legendary packs, so at least four families are going home today with the legendary pack, myself included.

Oh, and despite today's success I still have good reason to hate TRU. When I bought the Skylander game in December, they were running a promotion that gave me a $20 gift card if you buy the starter pack. Sweet deal, right? Well, I went to redeem it today, and apparently there was an expiration date on the card of 01/28/2012. I was so pissed, but I tried not to direct my anger at the cashier, because it wasn't her fault. But you can bet your a$$ that I will be contacting TRU customer support to complain. Who puts an expiration date on a gift card? Ridiculous.

I have already sent PMs to the two people that were trying to help me acquire this legendary pack, but I just wanted to give out another "thank you" to Monsinour and ace, and also to GameMaster78, who gave me the SKU number that I used to look up this legendary pack in the TRU computers.

Congrats man!! Hopefully I can find one at TRU soon.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#60 Posted: 21:32:58 16/02/2012
Seeing all these success stories today make me annoyed I am too busy to go to a Toys'R'Us. I just hope I can get one tomorrow. smilie
thrill76 Green Sparx Gems: 172
#61 Posted: 21:33:51 16/02/2012
Great find, Himewad, and way to put that SCALPER in his place. The scene at the Toys R Us here was pretty friendly, we all got to the display about the same time and those that got there first were asking what other people needed and handing them back. Nobody took a second Legendary 3 pack until they were sure everybody got one. Made me feel good about my fellow Skylander hunters.
#62 Posted: 22:22:33 16/02/2012
Quote: thrill76
Great find, Himewad, and way to put that SCALPER in his place. The scene at the Toys R Us here was pretty friendly, we all got to the display about the same time and those that got there first were asking what other people needed and handing them back. Nobody took a second Legendary 3 pack until they were sure everybody got one. Made me feel good about my fellow Skylander hunters.

Most of the people are honest and just looking to get it for their kids. But there's clearly the people who are buying them all up and posting them on eBay trying to make a few bucks. The really good news is that I've seen a big increase in the number of skylanders on ebay, and with that a drop in their prices. Individual skylanders are now selling within a few dollars of retail - would almost pay for gas and save me time to just have it shipped. But I think I'm done collecting, I don't want to keep spending money trying to collect them all.

One really good thing in my mind about these Skylanders is that they're going to work with the new Giants game.. it's cool playing the 3DS version, then taking it to the comp for playing on the web Universe, and then going to my Xbox 360 and playing all with the same figure and it retaining everything its done across it all.
---
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#63 Posted: 23:01:27 16/02/2012
The prices for the legendary pack has dropped considerable because of the news of the restock. What would be a concern is really how much of these Legendary packs have been reproduced. If the amount reproduced was very small then we could see the prices go up a couple of weeks after all the stock is gone (bound to happen). The only thing that would counter the scalpers is if the legendary pack itself would be reproduced to cover a couple of months and even way past the release date of the legendary trigger happy and the blue bash figure. Once the new exclusives come out then Im sure the demand for these will drop and scalpers would simply change their focus on the new exclusives.

One thing that does keeps circling in my mind is the fact that it went over 600% of the MSRP. This is an indication that the item is a highly collectible item meaning that the $150 price could be possible again by next year or some time later when Activision is really done reproducing these (for good!).

To be honest, I was surprised that Activision/TRU reproduced them. Just goes to show how well Skylanders is doing.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
lockmouth Green Sparx Gems: 394
#64 Posted: 03:56:39 17/02/2012
Stopped by my TRU today an they had 16 legendary packs on the shelf... they got 12 last week, that they sold out of. I didn't get any, because I already got one last week. Looks like these things on rollin into the stores.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie
#65 Posted: 04:21:26 17/02/2012
Quote: lockmouth
Stopped by my TRU today an they had 16 legendary packs on the shelf... they got 12 last week, that they sold out of. I didn't get any, because I already got one last week. Looks like these things on rollin into the stores.

Exactly, and if you'll notice scalpers have had to seriously reduce their asking price.. they're hardly fetching $50 now, in fact some are going for $40. Once people are able to just walk into TRU to get them, there's no point in paying extra + shipping + waiting to get it in. It just sucks people started doing that in the first place, but they want to make a quick buck at someone else' expense.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:52 17/02/2012 by bornsc
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#66 Posted: 18:20:46 17/02/2012
Picked up a Legendary Pack today! My Toys R Us had about 8 on shelf, with a few wave 1 triple packs as well. Still no Cynder though :/
Crokus Green Sparx Gems: 198
#67 Posted: 18:34:51 17/02/2012
Called my local TRU when they opened this morning and they confirmed that they had 9 legendary packs left. I wasn't able to make it there until an hour later but managed to snag one... there were only 3 left after i bought mine lol, close one. But at least I'm finally done now until the next wave, woot!
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie]
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#68 Posted: 18:37:37 17/02/2012
Quote: Crokus
Called my local TRU when they opened this morning and they confirmed that they had 9 legendary packs left. I wasn't able to make it there until an hour later but managed to snag one... there were only 3 left after i bought mine lol, close one. But at least I'm finally done now until the next wave, woot!

Good to hear! Some advice I have is that maybe when you call next time, you should see if an employee can hold one for you and definitely get that employee's name. While I was calling around for Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sarge, I found a Walmart that had one of each in a single pack and they held them for me. (They were also the last of those figures in stock, so if I hadn't asked, I probably wouldn't have gotten them.)
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#69 Posted: 18:42:35 17/02/2012
smilie
My area got some ledg packs as well.
Unfortuneatly I didn't get there until early lunch time, but I did snag the last one.

Online, it says limit one per customer however.

I just need one more to cover for myself.
-M
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#70 Posted: 16:56:23 19/02/2012
Quote: willow
At least you have Wave Three, hey! smilie All I've got is all Wave Two and a couple of Wave Ones bought for the most ridiculous prices, as well as the Starter Packs. Dx

I'm not complaining that I can't find Skylanders on the shelf, or about the size of my collection. This is a general TRU bash session because they e-mailed me telling me how to order, but when I did as they said, there was no stock. Himewad not happy.

I know... I'm just saying. I just say a lot of things. smilie
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Salanite Red Sparx Gems: 92
#71 Posted: 22:14:43 19/02/2012
No luck at all for me. I always call target, TRU, and then GameStop. Gamestop usualy has nothing, TRU usually has drobot, and target usually has drobot. I do ask for a restock at target though.
---
Got smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Gettin smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#72 Posted: 22:22:58 19/02/2012
Called my local TRU and they said they have 3 legendary packs left. I asked them to hold one for me. I'm going there in 30 minutes. smilie
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:03:00 19/02/2012 by Fireballz
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#73 Posted: 02:42:58 20/02/2012
I dislike tru a bit also but more the people or employees that buy everything..
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#74 Posted: 04:04:25 20/02/2012
The legendary pack has fallen in value significantly. Im pretty sure if (that is a big IF!) TRU will stock these again, then the scalpers will leave them alone for sure. Also with the rumor of the last wave comin, Im pretty sure some scalpers will shift focus on the new items.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#75 Posted: 22:20:39 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator
This thread deserves a second chance at life. Feel free to rant against the monkeys running TRU.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#76 Posted: 22:40:08 21/03/2012
Exsselllleennnt.

Ok, now I think we can all agree that today was an debacle. I feel like it's Festivus because I'm airing my grievances.

-Make sure that ALL Stores have the products in. Don't just send the things out and not keep track of them. I'm sure that Skylanders is a HUGE seller for TRU. To not have that kind of control over them is stupidly frightening. Makes me wonder what else they're not keeping track of. And furthermore, don't make announcements that you're having ALL THE CHARACTERS IN, but only have a handful of them.
-Make sure that ALL stores have a memo about what they're supposed to do. Double check that they do. Send multiples of them out. SOMETHING. To have them take products out of the hands of paying customers is the most asinine thing I've ever heard out of the company.
-Make sure that there's some sort of punishment enacted on stores who sold Dragons Peak ahead of time. Not to mention, make sure that stores reprimand any employee who opens the cases early. My TRU was having the manager opening them personally. Yet we saw pics of someone who had taken pics of the figures in the back room up on ebay. What!? Fire that employee IMMEDIATELY. They should know better than that.

Now, I'm incredibly glad that people got figures today, but I'm also a bit bitter that this wasn't done better.

Here's how they should fix it.

Have special days (Saturday. Why would they have it in the middle of the week? wtf?) for people to come in (perhaps save the stock for that week. Or when they have shipments of new figs come in) and give them a ticket.

Instead of having a mad rush of people getting into the store, which I'm actually surprised nothing has popped up about someone getting hurt.., have the cases in the back, and give people about 20 minutes to get into the store. At that time, they can call the numbers on the tickets and give that person a case. Now, there should still be a restriction (lets say, 2 per person at least until stock returns to normal) and then, someone can set down the case after they've looked through it. At that time, other people can have a go at it. They should continue calling off ticket numbers until all the cases are gone.

This allows a fair shot for everyone, not just who can run to the back the fastest and get things, and not who shows up at the crack of dawn to wait in line. (bless your heart if you did for this event) It also means that if someone doesn't want to come in when the store opens they still have a chance to buy things. Yes that does mean if your number isn't called you won't have first shot at what's in the case, but your chances will at least be higher than they were before. (And, I'd also say they should have boxes full of one character. That should help too and encourage people to communicate with their fellow hunters and allow them to get what they need)

Now, what about people exiting and going back in to buy more? Well, I believe that they should only sell Skylanders to TRU Rewards Members. The program is free for one, and they could even do some giveaway for a special Skylander or something for people to sign up. This will track people's spending so someone doesn't try to go through a loophole in the 2 per person thing.

It's a shame it's come to this, but it's the best thing to do for people. Right now it looks like a PR nightmare on both Skylanders and TRU's end. This is what's done at K-Marts Hot Wheels days if you're wondering (minus the rewards things and minus the limits; you could buy the whole case if you want) My only grief is that they do it per person. The bigger the family, the bigger your possible reward is, which doesn't really seem right to me. (this hillbilly guy comes in with his wife and 5 little kids who'd probably stick the hot wheels in their mouths anyways and they always end up getting at least 4 cases which means at least 4 Treasure Hunts, the rarest of the cars)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:29 21/03/2012 by spyroflame0487
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#77 Posted: 02:11:49 22/03/2012
This thread deserves a second chance at life. Feel free to rant against the monkeys running TRU.

Haha, good eye. This thread will be very interesting now.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
#78 Posted: 02:18:20 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wiseman

Haha, good eye. This thread will be very interesting now.

Well, it was my thread to begin with, so I knew it was out there. I must say, the employees at TRU today were VERY nice and helpful. It was just the overall coordination of this so-called event that makes me angry. Not all stores get new figures? WTF is up with that? Some stores have limits, some don't? Some are selling Dragons Peak (including 7 copies to one hoarder), some aren't? It was just a horribly epic fail, but I have come to expect nothing less from TRU and their inflated prices.
---
#79 Posted: 02:31:36 22/03/2012
Severely irritated. You'd think working for the r us company would have some perks! Like maybe holding 2 for an employee? Or answering the phone instead of letting it ring for 20 minutes (i timed it) i can understand trying to satisfy everyone but ot really should b first come first serve. And i called as the store opened. I should have gotten ahold of the manager before the store even opened. On the plus side i have a dragons peak that will b held for me on sunday. Only good thing of the day!!! Mad that i missed out on two new characters smilie ok i feel better now that i vented smilie sorry if it doesnt all make sense
---
Praise Helix!!!
#80 Posted: 02:39:47 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Even a TRU employee rails against TRU! Sweet.

One more rant against TRU. Stop allowing non-employees to view merchandise ahead of time. If I have to read again that GM "held one in his hand" days before an official release, I'm going to reach through the screen and punch him with his own brass knuckled Terrafin fist. I'm tired of hearing about his "connections" with store employees.
---
#81 Posted: 04:09:52 22/03/2012
Ya lol i am pretty annoyed with our company at the moment and the lack of appreciation for the amount of work i do. I work "part time" but am scheduled for 38 hour this week which is almost full time. I wasnt even supposed to work today! I came in on my off day and they really couldnt hold one of the new ones as a thanks smilie i hope my dragons peek comes through. I actually had to talk my friend to getting it for me on sunday when he works. Thats IF they let him buy one before the rush. I am going to see if my guy can do the same for Zook and Lightning Rod. The manager told me that there is a 50/50 chance of them getting the new ones in on fridays truck
---
Praise Helix!!!
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#82 Posted: 22:22:30 27/03/2012
to the website!
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#83 Posted: 22:52:32 27/03/2012
you should not say i hate you TRU. my dad works there.
#84 Posted: 23:01:42 27/03/2012
Quote: trentd78
you should not say i hate you TRU. my dad works there.

But we're talking about TRU as a corporation. The corporation TRU sucks.

I give your dad props for working there, though. I'm sure this Skylander boom has really placed some stress on the store. I hope he doesn't work in electronics 'cause if he does, he's catching the blunt of a lot of stupidity with TRU's (as a corporation) customer relations.
---
#85 Posted: 23:04:41 27/03/2012
yea i get a discount on EVERYTHING.
#86 Posted: 00:27:16 28/03/2012
I'd like to post that I really find TRU to be frustrating. With every single thing to do with Skylanders there's always some sort of uncertainty as each TRU says that corporate is making them do such and such of a rule. Like the figure thing for 3/21. Certain TRUs would tell you corporate says only one figure per person while other TRUs would say one of each figure per person. The same thing with Dragon's Peak and the ones who got it early. Some TRUs wouldn't sell it early and some would. Now it's the blue Bash. My TRU won't say anything because "corporate hasn't released an official announcement" while other people on here are saying that their TRU has confirmed the blue Bashes will be in stock on Sunday. So annoying. So lame.
---
#87 Posted: 00:28:27 28/03/2012
he work everything hes manager
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#88 Posted: 00:53:21 28/03/2012
Quote:
My TRU won't say anything because "corporate hasn't released an official announcement" while other people on here are saying that their TRU has confirmed the blue Bashes will be in stock on Sunday

I got a Blue Bash from TRU today.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/a...sh/BlueBash.jpg
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:05 28/03/2012 by GamerDrone
#89 Posted: 01:13:38 28/03/2012
Quote: GamerDrone
Quote:
My TRU won't say anything because "corporate hasn't released an official announcement" while other people on here are saying that their TRU has confirmed the blue Bashes will be in stock on Sunday

I got a Blue Bash from TRU today.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/a...sh/BlueBash.jpg

That looks really cool.

And, yeah, I don't know why my TRU sucks. I even called them and they didn't have anything new in stock - not even a Dragon's Peak, which seems to be rather abundant in other locations from what I've been hearing on these forums.
---
SpyroTek Blue Sparx Gems: 516
#90 Posted: 01:22:45 28/03/2012
Strange they made him different than the facebook version we voted on, not as crystal like.
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#91 Posted: 01:34:15 28/03/2012
He looks cool. I called the toys rus near me no luck none of them no when he will be out
---
37/37
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me