Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I hate you TRU [CLOSED]
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#1 Posted: 16:30:30 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I received an e-mail this morning stating that the Legendary 3-pack is back in stock, and it notified me to buy it online or call their 1-800 number to order. I did so, and was told they were already out of stock. I called my local store, and they didn't have any, either. Just to reiterate, I hate you TRU.

Sincerely,

Himewad
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#2 Posted: 16:41:57 14/02/2012
that didn't come as a 'boom'... but at least you got the wave3... you lucky bastard smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:42:49 14/02/2012 by kappapopm
#3 Posted: 16:47:12 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: kappapopm
that didn't come as a 'boom'... but at least you got the wave3... you lucky bastard smilie

Yeah, it won't be the end of the world if I can't get the legendary figures, but my son would really like to get them.
---
#4 Posted: 16:49:00 14/02/2012
don't worry you will get them in the end, i am sure of it.
TeaJai Red Sparx Gems: 61
#5 Posted: 17:01:59 14/02/2012
I feel the same way... but eventually we will get the legendaries smilie
---
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smilie}
#6 Posted: 17:13:29 14/02/2012
i got the legendaries before xmas... the shelves was full of them, i was not planing to get them, but why hell not... so i picked up a pack. when i think of it now i should not have picked up the ordinary chop and bash, they are a waste of money... but at the time i had skylanders on the brain, so not thinking straight. when the giant arrive i am prepared not to go bananas at the skylanders shelves again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:10 14/02/2012 by kappapopm
thrill76 Green Sparx Gems: 172
#7 Posted: 17:37:44 14/02/2012
I think the fact that they are offering them up for sale on their website is a good indication that they have plenty of stock on the way. At least, that is what I am hoping.
#8 Posted: 17:42:09 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: thrill76
I think the fact that they are offering them up for sale on their website is a good indication that they have plenty of stock on the way. At least, that is what I am hoping.

Key word there is "hoping"
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#9 Posted: 19:48:41 14/02/2012
So it is apparently available to pick up, just no where near me. Fantastic. -__-*
#10 Posted: 19:59:45 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
So it is apparently available to pick up, just no where near me. Fantastic. -__-*

Nowhere that I have EVER seen. I have submitted zip codes for all over the USA, and there aren't ever any stores that pop up.
---
#11 Posted: 20:01:45 14/02/2012
Oh, well, I don't know if that gives me hope or if that just upsets me more. Lol
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#12 Posted: 20:18:59 14/02/2012
There were some listed for Las Vegas; I placed an order and received a cancellation notice a few hours later... I also HATE tru!
---
Got 38
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#13 Posted: 21:09:50 14/02/2012
At least you have Wave Three, hey! smilie All I've got is all Wave Two and a couple of Wave Ones bought for the most ridiculous prices, as well as the Starter Packs. Dx
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
#14 Posted: 22:21:19 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: willow
At least you have Wave Three, hey! smilie All I've got is all Wave Two and a couple of Wave Ones bought for the most ridiculous prices, as well as the Starter Packs. Dx

I'm not complaining that I can't find Skylanders on the shelf, or about the size of my collection. This is a general TRU bash session because they e-mailed me telling me how to order, but when I did as they said, there was no stock. Himewad not happy.
---
Judge Green Sparx Gems: 312
#15 Posted: 22:24:41 14/02/2012
found them available in flourissant, MO according to online
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:06:24 15/02/2012 by Judge
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#16 Posted: 22:38:20 14/02/2012
Call every single morning right when they open... you're bound to catch them restocked at some point. I called last Saturday and got lucky.
#17 Posted: 01:06:11 15/02/2012
They are in stock at the TRU website right now... smilie
---
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smilie}
SKY-Collector Red Sparx Gems: 29
#18 Posted: 01:11:41 15/02/2012
And now they're not.... BUT, while I was on business in Tampa today, I ran a search and found a single, solitary 3-Pak of Legendaries at the Clearwater, FL TRU. I went to pick it up, and the guy said that they got 9 in today, and 8 of them were bought by an "Ebayer". They had 1 left, for me and my kids. Yippee! $24.99 and not $60+
#19 Posted: 01:13:50 15/02/2012
OMG ten mins ago they were... lol thats incredible
---
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#20 Posted: 01:14:54 15/02/2012
Quote: TeaJai

Lies. :/
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
#21 Posted: 01:16:57 15/02/2012
Quote: Fireballz
Quote: TeaJai

Lies. :/

I pride myself in not being a liar they actually were ... not anymore... but whatever!
---
kaz409 Green Sparx Gems: 207
#22 Posted: 02:57:44 15/02/2012
It's true - they were in stock. I'm here on firefox, pressing F5 to refresh every few seconds, and bam! in stock. Added to my cart, and it froze up and adjusted my cart to 0. Guess I hit the tail end.

http://sadtrombone.com/
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#23 Posted: 03:02:16 15/02/2012
I was able to get a order in for one at 8:42 and by 9:43 I have a email telling me its back ordered.

But the great part is I have seen it re listed for a few minutes after I completed my order..
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#24 Posted: 03:35:15 15/02/2012
Just got an order in online!
---
Got 38
#25 Posted: 03:54:56 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Unbelievable. I just went through the process of paying for the legendary pack online, and when I finally hit process the payment, my quantity was dropped to zero. They didn't process it, it appears.

Did I mention that I hate TRU?
---
#26 Posted: 04:09:44 15/02/2012
Exactly what happened to me. I had it in my cart, went to check out via PayPal, dead end. Tried again when they had them back in stock, same thing. I too, am really starting to hate TRU.
#27 Posted: 04:17:04 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
How in the world does TRU get these exclusive deals with toy companies? They are flirting with bankruptcy, yet they are the vendor of choice? Doesn't add up, and considering they have higher prices than anyone, it just makes the customer mad because they have to pay top dollar and only have one store to choose from (and many towns don't even have a TRU close by).
---
WithWhirlwind Green Sparx Gems: 388
#28 Posted: 04:27:38 15/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
How in the world does TRU get these exclusive deals with toy companies? They are flirting with bankruptcy, yet they are the vendor of choice? Doesn't add up, and considering they have higher prices than anyone, it just makes the customer mad because they have to pay top dollar and only have one store to choose from (and many towns don't even have a TRU close by).

They named themselves Toys r us that's my guess
---
Have:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#29 Posted: 04:46:06 15/02/2012
And.....it happened again. I think I am done trying to buy this online. If I see it in the store, I will get it but I am done playing this game.
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#30 Posted: 06:58:34 15/02/2012
the only thing i hate about toys r us that the closet one to me is in working smilie
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#31 Posted: 14:17:47 15/02/2012
Himewad, I can attempt to assist you with these. Being a homemaker, LOL, I can show up when they open on friday when they are "supposed" to come out. I can try to get you a set of these and then send them to you if ya like.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#32 Posted: 14:24:00 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Monsinour
Himewad, I can attempt to assist you with these. Being a homemaker, LOL, I can show up when they open on friday when they are "supposed" to come out. I can try to get you a set of these and then send them to you if ya like.

I would appreciate that, Monsinour. You will be taken care of if you can come through. My plan, as of right now, is to take off from work so I can be at my local TRU a little before they open on Friday to see if they have any. I will definitely be posting in an appropriate forum if I find one. Thanks.
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#33 Posted: 14:35:36 15/02/2012
no problem
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#34 Posted: 14:52:57 15/02/2012
My hatred for TRU continues as I observe the terrible infrastructure of their web services. I just found the DS styluses with bobble heads, and I love that Gill Grunt and Chop Chop. But wait! They don't exist on the website! Only on the mobile app, of course - and its status contradicts itself.

Much like Legendary 3-pack, they were in stock for the blink of an eye, and then vanished, like my hope to complete this collection.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:20 15/02/2012 by kaz409
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#35 Posted: 15:00:28 15/02/2012
TRU seems to be getting worse and worse.

It's stupid what you're having to go through, Himewad. And I can't believe the bobble styluses are only "available" through the mobile app. Sometimes I really don't know what marketing technique Activision/TFB or TRU are using.

EDIT: Google is beautiful.

Gill Grunt Stylus - So cute! http://www.toysrus.com/product...858#soldInStore
Chop Chop - http://www.toysrus.com/product...ductId=12643857

It seems like they're just making us getting the product difficult so we'll have to make a trip to their store. :/
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:03:46 15/02/2012 by Madel
#36 Posted: 15:10:08 15/02/2012
thanks for posting those! I couldn't find them an hour ago - perhaps they are rushing to get things out now.

I'm with Himewad on this - I don't understand how a company that was facing total closure still has bad practices. On the other hand, they are certainly getting sales for these Legendaries from somebody.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#37 Posted: 15:31:56 15/02/2012
Quote: kaz409
thanks for posting those! I couldn't find them an hour ago - perhaps they are rushing to get things out now.

I couldn't find them on the actual site. The only way I managed to find them was with Google. I searched "Toys R Us Bobble Stylus Gill Grunt Chop Chop." Even when I went through the pages of the Nintendo Accessories, I couldn't find them. They seem to be very well hidden.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#38 Posted: 19:12:04 15/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
Quote: Monsinour

I would appreciate that, Monsinour. You will be taken care of if you can come through. My plan, as of right now, is to take off from work so I can be at my local TRU a little before they open on Friday to see if they have any. I will definitely be posting in an appropriate forum if I find one. Thanks.

IMO that is your best chance to score.
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#39 Posted: 20:07:06 15/02/2012
Going to the physical store is your best chance, but it seems like the ebay crowd is still stalking these, and due to the sale on the starter packs there are probably a bunch of new people getting into the game(like myself), which only makes them even harder to get. I managed to snag the very last one at the nearest TRU to me last night(they had just listed them as in stock that morning). I had just about walked away empty handed, because someone had taken it from it's normal spot and put it behind all the adventure packs, but as I was walking away a bit of L-Bash's box art caught my eye, so I got lucky.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#40 Posted: 20:11:52 15/02/2012
TRU seems to be stocking the legendary packs ahead of the Feb 17 date. I just dropped by to check out what they have in stock and they just took out 12 legendary packs. Unfortunately 7 have been bought while they were still stocking the shelves. I got one extra so I can finally open my legendary pack.

They also got 3 cases (6 adventure packs) that had the empire of ice and 2 cases of the triple pack with double trouble, whirlwind and drill sergeant.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#41 Posted: 20:58:42 15/02/2012
I know I am new here but if anybody has an inside track on one of the legendary packs, I would be willing to pay a bit more than MSRP for your time and trouble. We need the legendaries and then Voodood and Prism Break to complete our collection. So if anybody has one or more of those laying around as well, the same applies. Send me a PM. Would much rather send my money to a forum member than a scalper. Thanks!
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#42 Posted: 21:32:54 15/02/2012
I was just at the Toys R Us near me and I thought there would be none left. There were three Ledgendary packs left along with a bunch of triple packs and singles. In was shocked, and I bought a Ledgendary pack as well.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
seahawksfan31 Red Sparx Gems: 65
#43 Posted: 23:38:08 15/02/2012
Just picked up a legendary pack at tru I will post a pick when I figure out how
#44 Posted: 00:59:22 16/02/2012
If any skylanders collectors are in spokane wa the valley tru had a ton of each expansion pack. Plus 2 legendary packs left.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#45 Posted: 02:12:44 16/02/2012
Quote: seahawksfan31
If any skylanders collectors are in spokane wa the valley tru had a ton of each expansion pack. Plus 2 legendary packs left.

I just called my TRU and they will be putting the Legendary ones out tomorrow. I went yesterday and mine also had like 10 of each expansion pack including Empire of Ice.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:47:14 16/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#46 Posted: 02:19:52 16/02/2012
It looks Activision is going to pull through and start putting out more stock.

I'll be checking TRU Saturday to see how fast the stock disappears.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#47 Posted: 03:26:17 16/02/2012
Same with my tru. Barely any single packs but had a ton of expansions and the whirlwind 3 packs
Isahn Green Sparx Gems: 101
#48 Posted: 03:27:05 16/02/2012
And this is why I love this forum!

After lurking around and reading SkyDaddy's, MoonlitCinder's and seahawksfan31's posts, I decided on a whim to try calling my local TRU, and lo and behold... they just stocked the shelves with legendaries early this afternoon! I just about **** myself. The lady working in the electronics department was nice enough to save one until I got down there...

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the heads up, and to everyone else looking for the legendaries, I'd say just stay vigilant and keep calling... if there's none there when the door opens they might still stock them later that day
#49 Posted: 15:25:56 16/02/2012
I did not have such luck. They told me to check back tomorrow. :/ Does anyone know a good time to call? I'd call right when they open but I am not sure that would be a good idea.
#50 Posted: 16:48:43 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator
After calling TRU last night and finding out they were expecting a shipment of Skylanders early this morning, I decided to take a little time off of work and get there before they opened. It finally happened.

[User Posted Image]

I was actually the first one to wait at the door, which was about 5 minutes before they opened. Slowly, some more people crept up to join me. When the doors opened, some sloppily dressed guy quickly made a bee-line for the Skylanders section. I joined him a few seconds after him, and said, "Finally! They got some!" To which he replied, "How many do you need?" I said, "Just one," and he gave me one. Then he proceeded to scoop the rest up in his arms (there were five more). I asked him (knowingly) what he was doing. He replied, "I'm a reseller." I looked him straight in the eye and said, "No, you're a scalper. You should leave them so other people can enjoy them." I didn't expect to change his mind, and I was correct, and he proceeded to follow me to the counter to pay. However, a couple of people that got to the Skylander section shortly after us must have complained about this dork, because a manager told him that he can't buy all of them. She limited him to two legendary packs, so at least four families are going home today with the legendary pack, myself included.

Oh, and despite today's success I still have good reason to hate TRU. When I bought the Skylander game in December, they were running a promotion that gave me a $20 gift card if you buy the starter pack. Sweet deal, right? Well, I went to redeem it today, and apparently there was an expiration date on the card of 01/28/2012. I was so pissed, but I tried not to direct my anger at the cashier, because it wasn't her fault. But you can bet your a$$ that I will be contacting TRU customer support to complain. Who puts an expiration date on a gift card? Ridiculous.

I have already sent PMs to the two people that were trying to help me acquire this legendary pack, but I just wanted to give out another "thank you" to Monsinour and ace, and also to GameMaster78, who gave me the SKU number that I used to look up this legendary pack in the TRU computers.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:25 16/02/2012 by Himewad
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me