Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Trading 3DS Games for Skylanders, Details Inside
Page 1 of 1
Trading 3DS Games for Skylanders, Details Inside [CLOSED]
jerazik Red Sparx Gems: 56
#1 Posted: 01:51:32 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Hey everyone. Long time lurker on this forum and I decided to finally make an account and join in on the fun. I've already used the Search function on this board to track down the trade topics but they seem to either be dead or long forgotten. Rather than randomly popping into one with a weird query, I thought I'd make my own topic, so here goes:

I am currently looking for Cynder, Drill Sergeant, Whirlwind, Wrecking Ball, Flameslinger and Stump Smash. Other than that, I have everything that's been released thus far. With the whole scalper fiasco, it's been a pain tracking these Skylanders down. Now I've heard that many places have restocked certain Skylanders, however I have yet to check these places because I currently lack the funds to satisfy these Skylander collecting urges. So here's my proposal. I am willing to trade away 2-3 of my 3DS games for a certain or certain amount of Skylanders. A long shot, I know, but I'm hoping someone with a 3DS that wants to expand their collection in exchange for giving up Skylanders would be interested in this.

The games that I have up for trade are:
Blazblue: Continuum Shift II (Played once or twice)
Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Opened but never played)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Unopened with 3D Sleeve)

Skylanders I have up for trade are:
Drobot (New in Package)
Voodood (New in Package)
Bash (New in Package)

Each game normally goes for $29.99 brand new or $24.99 used (according to Gamestop standards, and yes I know, some of you may have gripes with their pricing but these are the prices I'll be basing these games off of). I am willing to part with ALL three of these games for ALL six of the Skylanders I am requesting, otherwise I will break down what I can trade in the following manner. Keep in mind, a "/" separates each choice of trade. In the event that no one has Skylanders to trade for these games, I am also willing to part with all three of them for $50 (and however much shipping would cost to have them sent to you, in this event, I only accept PayPal as a method of payment).

Trade Options:
Blazblue: Continuum Shift II - FOR - Cynder / Wrecking Ball, Flameslinger and Stump Smash / Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant
Dead or Alive: Dimensions - FOR - Cynder, Wrecking Ball / Wrecking Ball, Flameslinger and Stump Smash / Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - FOR - Cynder, Wrecking Ball / Wrecking Ball, Flameslinger and Stump Smash / Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant

Again, long shot I know, but with the lack of funds that I currently have, I have no other means of getting these Skylanders. I will eventually post these same trade options on Craigslist (which is also a long shot), but I have no other choice. Also, if you in fact have all six of these Skylanders, I will trade you all three games. I do not mind if these figures are loose or in their original packaging. Yes I'm a new member to this forum and anyone can be skeptical about legitimacy, but rest assured, but I've been involved in several transactions over Craigslist and eBay (look up the user jerazik on eBay if you need a rating reference). Of course all of you are all over the world, so we'd have to ship these items out to one another, but that shouldn't be a problem. Because I've been in these kinds of transactions before however, I myself am skeptical of other people and may have to respectfully ask that if you are interested, that you send your items first. We can work out some sort of trust system should that be necessary. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this long post. If anyone is at all interested, please inquire within.
---
Currently Owned Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#2 Posted: 01:56:30 14/02/2012
Not to sound rude, but wouldn't this be better suited for something like craigslist?
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#3 Posted: 02:00:11 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Not rude at all, and yeah, I'll be posting this up on there as well. Just wanted to see if the actual Skylanders community on here would be interested before seeing if anyone in my local area was.
---
Currently Owned Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#4 Posted: 02:09:31 14/02/2012
Well, if you don't want those games anymore, and you're low on funds, you could just trade them in to EBgames/Gamestop for store credit, and then use the trade in money to buy Skylanders at the same store. Though you probably won't get much for those games, you should at least check and see how much you'd get for them.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#5 Posted: 02:32:47 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Right. Recently, I traded in three PS3 games to come up with funds to be able to afford the Circle Pad Pro. Three PS3 games yielded about $15 in-store credit (these games were old and would normally go for around $20 new or $15 used, so I got about $5 each for them). I'm assuming the same rate would apply for these 3DS games. If that's the case, I'd only actually have enough for a Single Pack if it's at $9.99. But yeah, thanks for the input. My best bet is to either actually trade these games for Skylanders or sell them all together for about $50 to be able to afford some of them should I find them in any of my local stores. According to scalpers on eBay, Cynder currently floats around $27, Drill Sergeant around $15, Whirlwind around $17, Wrecking Ball around $13, Flameslinger around $15 and Stump Smash around $16. Granted these prices have fallen due to restocking, but as I've seen in another thread here, apparently there are still individuals out there grabbing the entire stock, putting it in a cart and leaving the store only to make an extra buck online. =/
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me