Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Scalpers days are numbered [CLOSED]
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#1 Posted: 16:46:57 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Anyone looking for a skylander besides silvers, golds, or any other rare variance do not give up hope. Gameinformer issue 227 (this months) has a two page article for skylanders. The last paragraph reads....."For players ready to see more of the game , Coyne says that skylanders reinforcements will be hitting stores in the coming monthd in a variety of different waves. If you missed an earlier toy release , you"ll have MORE THAN ENOUGH OPPPRTUNITIES to snag thrm on shelves without having to meet up with a craigslist poster or hit up ebay. This even includes figurines that are currently fetching big bucks on secondary markets. Some of the pnes that were retail exclusoves will be part of main waves later on" Boom. Confirming what Ive been saying all along. Skylanders will.never be worth more than what they are right now.
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#2 Posted: 16:59:30 13/02/2012
AWSOME thanks for posting. So which exclusives do you think they will release to the public?
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#3 Posted: 17:03:03 13/02/2012
Thanks for the heads up, DrillSarge. I must have a slow mailman... my latest issue is the X-Com cover. I'm always reading about what is mentioned in the next issue before I get mine.

Happy days are here again! Glad to hear this since I haven't paid more than retail on any figure so far. Here's hoping that this fiasco does not repeat itself with Giants.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 17:12:48 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Its the cover that says " The last of us" has a guy and.girl on it holding guns. I assume all the exclusives will be releasee. Even the legendary pack. Im just assuming though. Its just nice to know that they are making so many that we wont have to even log on to ebay.
#5 Posted: 17:16:32 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
It also has pics of prototype drobot, drill and bash. Thank god they changed bash. He looked lile hulk hogan. He was red and yellow. Screw silvers, golds and metallics and pearls. Those prototypes are where the mpney is. I woyld collect those lol. Go to flickr.com search people. Search "carnyewest" im the only one with that name. Go through my photos to see the article and prototypes. I dunno how to post pics or I would.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:20:59 13/02/2012 by DrillSarge
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#6 Posted: 17:51:29 13/02/2012
to post pics you have to download photobucket put pics in there click share highlight the info you need either thumb nail or full size copy and paste into the forum. a little tricky but you should get it.
thrill76 Green Sparx Gems: 172
#7 Posted: 18:33:40 13/02/2012
I don't know about the exclusives, but I would definitely say the hard to find characters are getting less so. Gamestop.com, Amazon.com, and ToysRUs.com all had stock at different times this morning and I haven't seen that happen much at all lately. Now, if only some of the local stores around here started getting a regular shipment, all would be great!
UncleBuck Green Sparx Gems: 428
#8 Posted: 03:17:01 15/02/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
Anyone looking for a skylander besides silvers, golds, or any other rare variance do not give up hope. Gameinformer issue 227 (this months) has a two page article for skylanders. The last paragraph reads....."For players ready to see more of the game , Coyne says that skylanders reinforcements will be hitting stores in the coming monthd in a variety of different waves. If you missed an earlier toy release , you"ll have MORE THAN ENOUGH OPPPRTUNITIES to snag thrm on shelves without having to meet up with a craigslist poster or hit up ebay. This even includes figurines that are currently fetching big bucks on secondary markets. Some of the pnes that were retail exclusoves will be part of main waves later on" Boom. Confirming what Ive been saying all along. Skylanders will.never be worth more than what they are right now.

Good post... I'm seeing more and more stocked shelves these days. My kiddos have 28 (to include the legendary 3) and everyone of them have been bought from either Wal-Mart, TRU, Target, or Gamestop. I'm proud to say that I haven't and won't buy from a sorry scalper... Hopefully, their days are numbered... It's certainly looking that way.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie~smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#9 Posted: 07:07:29 15/02/2012
Yes, Activision said a while back they're going to be more on top of stocking shelves. And with that, the scalper's market tends to fall apart, why pay their high prices when retail places are actually going to have them in stock? Eventually, the third party prices will drop and those who still can't find Skylanders figures in store can pay retail to just a little over, without shipping.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me