Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > There's new hope for all of us, the scalpers will have a new target.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
There's new hope for all of us, the scalpers will have a new target. [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#1 Posted: 06:16:17 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Now they'll be camping in front of McDonalds to grab all of these to sell on eBay at ridiculous markups.

[User Posted Image]

Begins March 5th.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:16:51 13/02/2012 by Archae
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#2 Posted: 06:18:19 13/02/2012
LOL yeah right!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#3 Posted: 06:19:33 13/02/2012
^ smilie hilarious! I guess this is good news for all of the people that like My Little Pony here but it would be cool if they did skylanders themed kids meals.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#4 Posted: 06:23:50 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
And the one that'll be going for $300 on eBay like Cynder is now, will be Rainbow Dash, top row, third one.

Ok, ok, I'm a Brony! smilie
---
#5 Posted: 06:33:36 13/02/2012
^ The blue one? Its color scheme is similar to Whirlwind's, except for its hair/mane. For some reason I never got into My Little Pony, Barbies, Care Bears and other popular girls/kids toys even though I still love plush animals and figurines modeled after video game characters or dragons. I've always been obsessed with dragons and I think the Spyro series is the main reason for it because Spyro was one of my first video games that I played when I was a kid.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:36:09 13/02/2012 by OpalOsprey
#6 Posted: 06:39:49 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Well...they do have dragons in the TV series, one regular, (the little guy Spike) and several guest appearances.
---
#7 Posted: 06:52:02 13/02/2012
^ Oh neat, I don't watch T.V. or cartoons/animation that much but I do like Teen Titans, Futurama, Courage the Cowerdly Dog, Gargoyles, SWAT Kats, Tom and Jerry, the original Pokemon series ( when Brock and Misty were still in it) and most 90's cartoons ( I don't like Spongebob anymore because it doesn't seem to be the same anymore, almost like there's a different writer or something). I'm not sure if I would like My Little Pony, I don't like the color pink smilie, I'm not much of a horse person ( I do like riding on horses at our family ranch) and I'm the exact opposite of a girly girl. But hey, you never know, I haven't watched it yet so I can't judge it but so far, I don't have any interest in it.
---

Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 06:53:53 13/02/2012
So... what's this got to do with Skylanders, besides Ponies...?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#9 Posted: 06:56:56 13/02/2012
^ Sorry, I was asking him what the My Little Pony show was about ( because I want to know why so many people like it) but it was an off topic question.
---

#10 Posted: 07:01:07 13/02/2012
No I mean this topic, it's focusing on ponies...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#11 Posted: 07:01:14 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ Oh neat, I don't watch T.V. or cartoons/animation that much but I do like Teen Titans, Futurama, Courage the Cowerdly Dog, Gargoyles, SWAT Kats, Tom and Jerry, the original Pokemon series ( when Brock and Misty were still in it) and most 90's cartoons ( I don't like Spongebob anymore because it doesn't seem to be the same anymore, almost like there's a different writer or something). I'm not sure if I would like My Little Pony, I don't like the color pink smilie, I'm not much of a horse person ( I do like riding on horses at our family ranch) and I'm the exact opposite of a girly girl. But hey, you never know, I haven't watched it yet so I can't judge it but so far, I don't have any interest in it.

You think Whirlwind can do this? smilie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hojHpRDUTQ
---
#12 Posted: 07:02:01 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
No I mean this topic, it's focusing on ponies...

It'll be the next target for the scalpers.
---
#13 Posted: 07:03:40 13/02/2012
Does this topic talk about Skylanders though? Cause it seems the main focus of this topic is MiP..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:05:24 13/02/2012 by Aura24
#14 Posted: 07:17:51 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Does this topic talk about Skylanders though? Cause it seems the main focus of this topic is MiP..

We can compare Whirlwind to Rainbow Dash, since they both have rainbow powers...
---
#15 Posted: 07:21:04 13/02/2012
...Seriously...? This is off-topic.
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#16 Posted: 11:48:58 13/02/2012
>pony topic in Skylanders section

[User Posted Image]
---
but i love it all smooth
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#17 Posted: 13:25:09 13/02/2012
moar ponies, nooooo!... noooo!.

LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#18 Posted: 13:37:30 13/02/2012
ponies are EVERYWHERE! its like a disease, slowly spreading like the black death.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#19 Posted: 15:23:46 13/02/2012
I watched the vid and I can see how this appeals to people, just not me.

Someone move this to the nonsense board please.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
ISlingZeFlames Red Sparx Gems: 82
#20 Posted: 15:46:14 13/02/2012
Relax people. The OP clearly linked the topic of this to skylanders. Skylanders are a scalpers dream right now. Maybe starting on March 5th the toy scalpers will be distracted by an urge to scalp these and therefor freeing up some skylander figures for the people that actually play the game. Like take then out of the package and play the game. Just saying. Everyday I log on here there's someone complaining about someone's topic. No one cares how you feel about the topic. You don't like it don't open it up, problem solved. smilie
---
Own-{smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie} {smilie smilie}
#21 Posted: 15:58:01 13/02/2012
You don't understand that this is an off-topic discussion, since you're still new to the forums 1Sling. This topic is talking about Ponies and scalpers, and not Skylanders.
---
#22 Posted: 16:33:46 13/02/2012
I'm new to This forum. I understand how forums work and the concept of being on topic. Do not question my intelligence please. Btw it's I sling not 1 sling just saying. Your telling me a distracted scalper market has no relevance to skylanders especially considering Dragons peak is supposed to be released in march with the first two weeks being exclusive to TRU? It has major relevance, completely on the op's topic. You may talk down to the other "noobs" on here but I'm different Aura. I do see the idiotic posts and topics on this forum, I understand. What I don't understand is the constant negativity towards relevant topics here. I'd rather a topic have ponies in it and relate to skylanders than have 30 topics saying "I have (insert unreleased character)"! , "This path is better", or any other overly repeated topic. As an "elder" on this forum I respect you Aura as I respect all people (for the most part) your trying to clean up the boards I guess, that's noble. Learn to pick your battles though. No hard feelings just dislike "frowners" that just wanna frown on others.

Now let me get on topic by saying I hope the "likely to be sought after" pony (be it rainbow dash or not) arrives around the release of skylanders Wave 4 so it'll hopefully be easier to get the last 6 characters smilie
---
Own-{smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie} {smilie smilie}
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#23 Posted: 16:35:25 13/02/2012
Please put this somewhere else.

I like ponies but not an off-topic one.

AND WHERES APPLEJACKS HAT!!!
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
#24 Posted: 16:36:45 13/02/2012
Archae didn't mention anything about Skylanders in the topic's beginning post.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:52 13/02/2012 by Aura24
#25 Posted: 16:45:51 13/02/2012
I would get the platform pictures and put in under the ponies and...

PONY SKYLANDERS.

Rainbow Dash= Air

Fluttershy= Life

Pinkie pie= Tech

Twilight sparkle= Magic obvious!

Applejack= Earth

Rarity= Tech

Luna= Undead

Celestia = Air

Derpy = Water

Bon Bon= Air

Major= Tech

Discord= Undead

Gilda= Air

Trixe = Magic

Spike= Fire

INSANE twilight sparkle = Undead

INSANE Pinkie pie = Undead

Drunk pony= Earth

AppleBloom= Earth

Big'Mac= Earth

Granny apple= Earth

Doc.Hooves= Magic/Air/Life

Celestial Guard= Air

Sea pony = Water

Angel The Rabbit= Life

Jam Stallion = Earth

Wild West ponies= Earth

Deaf Applejack = Earth CELERY

Pony doll *From Lesson Zero*= Undead

Miss Cheerily= Earth

Make up your own pony and give it a element!

Thats all that i can think of!
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:55:27 13/02/2012 by Ellioy
#26 Posted: 16:47:34 13/02/2012
It was clearly implied smilie. Someone posting in a skylanders board saying "they" will be camping out for these instead, obviously is referring to skylander scalpers. Please tell me that makes sense or I'm starting to question your intelligence. I can't be the only one to make that connection.
---
#27 Posted: 16:49:08 13/02/2012
And it's apparent to me that you're getting a little snappy, ISling.
---
#28 Posted: 16:49:36 13/02/2012
Quote: Ellioy
I would get the platform pictures and put in under the ponies and...

PONY SKYLANDERS.

Rainbow Dash= Air

Fluttershy= Life

Pinkie pie= Techm

Twilight sparkle= Magic obvious!

Applejack= Earth

Rarity= Tech

Luna= Undead

Celestia = Air

Derpy = Water

Bon Bon= Air

Major= Tech

Discord= Undead

Gilda= Air

Trixe = Magic

Spike= Fire

INSANE twilight sparkle = Undead

INSANE Pinkie pie = Undead

Thats all that i can think of!

Lol yes now we're talking! Ponylanders FTW!
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#29 Posted: 17:32:44 13/02/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ smilie hilarious! I guess this is good news for all of the people that like My Little Pony here but it would be cool if they did skylanders themed kids meals.

^This

Too bad those toys are only in America.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#30 Posted: 17:38:38 13/02/2012
If only they'd actually make an Apocalypse Pony show. That or My Little Donkey.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#31 Posted: 17:44:28 13/02/2012
Quote: DinoHex
If only they'd actually make an Apocalypse Pony show. That or My Little Donkey.

My little donkey???

That should be never to be existed!
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:45:39 13/02/2012 by Ellioy
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#32 Posted: 17:47:51 13/02/2012
It's a parody idea I came up with. My friends and I have been tossing around the idea of making an audio pilot episode. smilie

Even though I know My Little Pony is a show aimed at little girls, it's funny how old school Thomas the Tank Engine is even more butch than it. I mean, there was that one awesome episode where Donald rescues Oliver from the scrap yard, which is run by Diesel. Think about that. They are showing the place where trains essentially go to get executed, and Diesel is pretty much the Grim Reaper since he's the one who pulls the trains around to their doom. You wouldn't see Pinkie Pie rescuing horses from a glue factory, would you?

Man, I miss when Thomas was awesome. ;__;
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:53:47 13/02/2012 by DinoHex
#33 Posted: 18:27:00 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok, ok, I get the point.

I'll move this to "Idle Chatter."
---
FluffySundae Green Sparx Gems: 386
#34 Posted: 18:46:08 13/02/2012
Question:

Are there fans who join this forum by their online friends just to discuss in the MLP topics? Because I'm getting suspicious of that...
#35 Posted: 18:47:02 13/02/2012
MiP fanatics, some are new users, are starting to take over Skylanders.
---
FluffySundae Green Sparx Gems: 386
#36 Posted: 18:51:07 13/02/2012
Oh boy... no fandom is safe anymore.
#37 Posted: 19:02:47 13/02/2012
And I nearly got bashed by a new user on the forums for pointing out that this topic is off-topic.
---
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#38 Posted: 20:22:00 13/02/2012
Two things:

1. It looks like I'll be eating McDonald's early March. smilie

2. What is MiP? I thought it was MLP.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
TeaJai Red Sparx Gems: 61
#39 Posted: 20:28:30 13/02/2012
Awww they are cute though lmao
---
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smilie}
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#40 Posted: 20:31:49 13/02/2012
Now, run along my little scalpers. Go camp out outside MacDonalds scalping for the MLP figures, okay? Go on- we don't want you scalping away our Skylanders any more, alright?
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:29:25 14/02/2012 by willow
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#41 Posted: 21:35:37 13/02/2012
And it's apparent to me that you're getting a little snappy, ISling.

Did ISling get a tad snappy? Yes.

Could this have been avoided? Most likely, with correct use of tone in messages.

Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it in the future...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#42 Posted: 21:47:41 13/02/2012
MiP fanatics, some are new users, are starting to take over Skylanders.

It seems this is yet another forum and section ponies simply MUST invade, to the fans.
How annoying.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#43 Posted: 22:31:19 13/02/2012
No nononononono.

No.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#44 Posted: 23:48:18 13/02/2012
What DOESNT Ponieshave to do with Skylanders? =P duh... Ponies is the answer to everything!

on a side note, TOTALLY can't wait to get my hands on some of those ponies lol xD
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#45 Posted: 01:06:16 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, you've heard of "Rule 34" haven't you?

Nowadays there's "Rule 30-Pony."

If there's something out there on the Internet or other media, there has to be Ponies of it. smilie
---
#46 Posted: 01:07:03 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
(BTW, Several people have drawn Spyro and Cynder as Ponies.)
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#47 Posted: 01:07:19 14/02/2012
The saddest and most annoying rule of them all if you ask me.
---
but i love it all smooth
#48 Posted: 01:27:03 14/02/2012
I want to let everyone know that I respect what they like but for some reason I don't like the style of animation and artwork of the My Little Pony cartoons (it's too solid with no shading or detail work) and the lines are pretty hokey.

Anyway, there should be a Skylanders or Spyro cartoon, that would be a lot more interesting than pink ponies lollygagging and galloping about.

Now people, please no more pony topics in the Skylanders section, It's okay if you make them in the nonsense section (that's what it basically is anyway). Thanks!
---

#49 Posted: 05:12:44 14/02/2012
And I nearly got bashed by a new user on the forums for pointing out that this topic is off-topic.

Was not attempting to Bash. I don't really care to put in the effort for that. Just stating some facts. Merely defending the op. Some people just have to be such negative nancys. Didn't see the need for it.

Being that my sister eats at the McDonalds where she works almost every day, there will probably be a plethora of these laying around my house. If anyone seriously wants any, message me and I'll have her keep an eye out. I'm here to help.
---
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#50 Posted: 07:19:55 14/02/2012
ok, this is what i have understood so far:

the pony diesase is a virus that spreads around in incredible speed and usually affects humans, but also fandoms. known symptoms are pony treads in non-pony forums, ponyfying characters from shows, and convert people to bronies who, if infected extremly well, will make topics like this and become a extreme-brony fanatic.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me