Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Buying Volcanic Vault [CLOSED]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1 Posted: 23:26:16 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Wanted some opinions actually. I'd really love to buy a Volcanic Vault, but I don't really want to spend a ton of money on it. It's just for my collection; I don't play in the PvP anyways.

For those that have bought them online: What did you pay for them? Like, what would be a good price for one while I'm searching? I've spotted a few from international sellers, but it's still a little pricey for my tastes. I'm thinking about holding out for a while because it looks like the prices have come down a bit.

Thoughts?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#2 Posted: 00:10:56 13/02/2012
i'm in england and i paid $20 inc delivery off ebay
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#3 Posted: 00:45:55 13/02/2012
Try not to go over 30 bucks shipped and you should be fine.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#4 Posted: 01:11:30 13/02/2012
Wait for Best Buy to have a sale, buy the full game, and sell the spare starter characters, game itself, and portal, on eBay to recoup the cost. That's probably the cheapest overall way to get a Vault if you don't actually need another copy of the game.
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#5 Posted: 01:22:58 13/02/2012
Ok ummmm...
What is the Volcaniv vault?
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#6 Posted: 02:06:36 13/02/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Wait for Best Buy to have a sale, buy the full game, and sell the spare starter characters, game itself, and portal, on eBay to recoup the cost. That's probably the cheapest overall way to get a Vault if you don't actually need another copy of the game.

I thought that the Best Buy packs with it included are now as rare as hen's teeth to find (hence, the markup on VV being so great)?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#7 Posted: 03:31:07 13/02/2012
I would not spend over $25.00 on it .....it is so small you might be disappointed!

Here, we talked about it in a few places....see how small!

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=46222
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:32 13/02/2012 by JAP28
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#8 Posted: 03:33:01 13/02/2012
I was an early adopter and found it for <$10 delivered from the UK.

I have a tendency to go a bit crazy with my completionist gene so am glad I got it when I did.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#9 Posted: 03:34:50 13/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Quote: Tashiji

I thought that the Best Buy packs with it included are now as rare as hen's teeth to find (hence, the markup on VV being so great)?

They're rare, but they exist. I still see them. The majority of copies I spot at Best Buy have no Vault, but I'd say at least 1/3 or 1/4 still bear the sticker. It's definitely on the way out...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 14:53:33 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Yup, I know how small it is, which is another factor in how much I'm going to spend on it.

I don't see myself buying another game just to get that, plus I'm buying the 3DS version at TRU today thanks to that sale.

The onne I was looking at was in Ireland I believe. All said, I should skim under the 35 buck mark. I dunno...maybe I'll just wait a bit.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#11 Posted: 16:05:06 13/02/2012
The problem with buying the vault now is the rarity that comes with it. The fact that its a physical item in hand adds to the value, however in terms of what it provides to the game being nothing more than a re-skinned arena map... Its hardly worth more than a buck or two in terms of comparison to various DLC (Downloadable Content) you would buy online for a similar "new" map to add to the game. Not owning it, you aren't really losing anything in terms of adding to the gaming experience. If you are a hardcore completionist /collector I would say it comes down to really how much you want it. Personally I think even $25 is over paying for it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me