Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > eBay (Metallic Cynder/Camo) PEARL HEX TOO!
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
eBay (Metallic Cynder/Camo) PEARL HEX TOO! [CLOSED]
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#1 Posted: 20:39:32 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Metallic Cynder is finally on eBay! I was soooo excited!

Metallic Cynder: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toy-Fa...=item27c36c7e0b

And now on eBay there is Camo pre-orders... and some itiot bid over $100 for one!

Link here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...6.c0.m270.l1313

There have been 2-3 Pearl Hex's too now! Here is one:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...+hex+skylanders
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:08:18 02/03/2012 by Joemama
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#2 Posted: 20:41:09 12/02/2012
wow. scalpers' next level...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#3 Posted: 20:43:00 12/02/2012
Will the Metallic Cynder ever hit the shelves or is it only for the toy fair?
#4 Posted: 20:53:52 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Toy fair 2012 exclusive!
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#5 Posted: 21:28:00 12/02/2012
4 bids with 6 days left on Cynder?
Well I guess everyone is an ebay newbie once.
---
#all Spyros are valid
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#6 Posted: 21:37:17 12/02/2012
The eBay photos are also really bad.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 22:18:47 12/02/2012
Dat shoot up to $50. I was gonna bid on it, but eh...

Guess I'll just bide my time and see if someone gets one to sell for a reasonable price.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#8 Posted: 23:06:38 12/02/2012
Quote: voodude
wow. scalpers' next level...

This has been happening for sometime.

Botcon exclusives get it the worst, I think.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#9 Posted: 23:09:55 12/02/2012
Wow Cynder has been taken away???
I think GameMaster must have private messaged him! hahahaha (joke)
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#10 Posted: 23:10:55 12/02/2012
He relisted it with better pics.
-M
#11 Posted: 23:41:28 12/02/2012
Quote: neomas77
He relisted it with better pics.
-M

yea, that's dirty business. he also removed the bidding and did it at BIN for $399!!!
#12 Posted: 00:55:53 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Actually there is another cynder on.... YAY!

The prices are ridiculouse! http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...d=p5197.c0.m627
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#13 Posted: 01:30:16 13/02/2012
You want to know what is really sad? These things are give aways. Anyone who has one got it for free @ the fair.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#14 Posted: 01:31:04 13/02/2012
Seems some lucky person got it for 350. Do you think that person got a good deal? Do people really see these as going higher? If so, why?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#15 Posted: 01:34:56 13/02/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Seems some lucky person got it for 350. Do you think that person got a good deal? Do people really see these as going higher? If so, why?

Price is subjective. I would not pay over $100 for one. If it is worth it to you, then the price was fair.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
echsodie Green Sparx Gems: 208
#16 Posted: 01:35:18 13/02/2012
$350 a good deal? If you can afford it and want it that bad sure. Unlikely to get it any cheaper, there is one currently at $71 but there's almost 3 days of bidding left. It was at like $40 but I bid it up some.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:06 13/02/2012 by echsodie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#17 Posted: 01:55:47 13/02/2012
I will be on client site when that auction ends so can't muck around with bidding.

I also expect that hysteria will take over and it will go for something crazy.

So I bit the bullet and bought one at $300. I know that I have rocks in my head but I didn't have the luxury of knowing someone in the States who could attend the toy fair for me and I suffer from the completionist gene.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#18 Posted: 02:02:33 13/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
I will be on client site when that auction ends so can't muck around with bidding.

I also expect that hysteria will take over and it will go for something crazy.

So I bit the bullet and bought one at $300. I know that I have rocks in my head but I didn't have the luxury of knowing someone in the States who could attend the toy fair for me and I suffer from the completionist gene.

I guess that makes it hard since pearl hex isn't comming to the outback eh?
---
My kids own :
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#19 Posted: 02:10:07 13/02/2012
300$? I'm currently totally laughing my small butt off but hey, if you want to spend so much no problem. smilie
Anyway, just sad as Monsinour said.
---
smilie
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#20 Posted: 02:16:26 13/02/2012
I'm sorry but spending $300 on a Skylander figurine is ridiculous.........
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#21 Posted: 02:23:51 13/02/2012
What are you guys (collectors) going to do when the wave 4 rares, and the Giants rares come out? You gonna continue to spend this kind of crazy money on these figures? Seems a little nutso to me.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#22 Posted: 02:24:44 13/02/2012
As I said, I suffer from the completionist gene!
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#23 Posted: 02:37:47 13/02/2012
Quote:
As I said, I suffer from the completionist gene!

I've heard you can heal it with* ''poverty'' LOL
Nah, your moneyzzz, Your dealzz.
---
smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:08 13/02/2012 by Ibishou
#24 Posted: 03:00:00 13/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
What are you guys (collectors) going to do when the wave 4 rares, and the Giants rares come out? You gonna continue to spend this kind of crazy money on these figures? Seems a little nutso to me.

It is nutso! Trust me, you are preaching to the choir...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#25 Posted: 03:19:00 13/02/2012
I agree with Monsinour it is what ever the buyer would like to pay!
I would not go over $75.00 for any single Skylander!
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#26 Posted: 03:27:49 13/02/2012
I won't pay more than $30 for any single Skylander...
---
but i love it all smooth
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#27 Posted: 03:28:22 13/02/2012
I won't pay more than $8.
#28 Posted: 03:31:10 13/02/2012
Let's just say that my birthday is approx. a month away and I will now only get something exceptionally token on the day.

I also hope that there are not too many toy fairs this year - I can't claim the birthday card again...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#29 Posted: 03:38:33 13/02/2012
Well, you see, when you buy expensive toys, it usually is easy to pay for, thanks to things like credit cards and Paypal. Then it isn't so hard to buy them, because minimum payments are usually only 25 bucks a month. One of my son's friends makes 30 a week mowing lawns or doing some kind of work at the age of 11.

That's why I fork out my money on these things. It's so easy to pay them off. They're not thousands, only hundreds. Interest on hundreds isn't as bad as thousands.

And think about this. These are more limited than silver and golds. That's a fact. They're only available for 2-3 days, and who knows how many were made for the convention. This is what you call a true collector's item. Even moreso than gold and silvers.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:39:59 13/02/2012 by GameMaster78
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#30 Posted: 03:43:27 13/02/2012
Well, you see, when you buy expensive toys, it usually is easy to pay for, thanks to things like credit cards and Paypal. Then it isn't so hard to buy them, because minimum payments are usually only 25 bucks a month. One of my son's friends makes 30 a week mowing lawns or doing some kind of work at the age of 11.

That's why I fork out my money on these things. It's so easy to pay them off. They're not thousands, only hundreds. Interest on hundreds isn't as bad as thousands.

And think about this. These are more limited than silver and golds. That's a fact. They're only available for 2-3 days, and who knows how many were made for the convention. This is what you call a true collector's item. Even moreso than gold and silvers.

Is this your way of saying that you are the lucky guy who got one for $350?
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#31 Posted: 03:50:35 13/02/2012
I don't care how you slice it. $300 is a ridiculous amount to pay for a Skylander. Not even an original one but a reprint of one? To each his own, I know...and you all know what they say about a fool and his money.....

I mean no disrespect. Just calling it how I see it....when I see the people out there scrapping to get a job nowadays and some make about $300 a week to be able to live.....it just disgusts me that there are people that are willing to spend this amount of cash on something this trivial....To each his own.....
#32 Posted: 03:52:45 13/02/2012
Quote: Tashiji

Yeah, but my friend may have one for me as well. We will just see how it goes, I guess.
---
#33 Posted: 03:55:44 13/02/2012
Quote: Tashiji

I doubt it, he cant afford to pay me my $10!

Honestly though, I know what it is like to be a collector and the need to have them all. The bug bit me way back when I was playing M:TG. I had to have a complete time spiral deck and spent close to $200 for the rares that I didn't already have. It is a strong sense of desire that overpowers you. For those who have been bitten by the bug, price isn't that important. Having the figure is. While putting plastic toys on credit isn't that smart, if that is what it takes for a collector to acquire the item, so be it. If GM did get one for $350, I am sure he feels it is totally worth it. I would also assume that if he had paid $450 for it, it would be worth it. It is hard to describe what the feeling of "gotta have em all" does to a person. I am sure Chaos can attempt to explain it better than I since he does have that bug biting him with those silvers and golds and now the metallic cynder.

So, to chaos and GM (if you did get one), congrats on making your complete set one step closer to completion. I am sure it feels good.
---
My kids own :
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#34 Posted: 03:56:18 13/02/2012
Congrats. Should look great with your collection. What are your plans for Pearl Hex?
#35 Posted: 04:05:52 13/02/2012
Thanks, Tash. As for Hex, I doubt I'll ever get it. It's from Germany, so it won't pop up on Ebay, as I think Ebay has sites for each region. I have checked the UK site, and no one posted one.

Oh, well. As long as I have anything the US offers, it's all good. I was just happy to get Cynder.
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#36 Posted: 04:47:53 13/02/2012
Quote: Fernandez2
I don't care how you slice it. $300 is a ridiculous amount to pay for a Skylander. Not even an original one but a reprint of one? To each his own, I know...and you all know what they say about a fool and his money.....

I mean no disrespect. Just calling it how I see it....when I see the people out there scrapping to get a job nowadays and some make about $300 a week to be able to live.....it just disgusts me that there are people that are willing to spend this amount of cash on something this trivial....To each his own.....

This post deserves an applause. smilie
#37 Posted: 06:42:58 13/02/2012
Well, the same could be said about Leno. Why does he need every car under the sun, while people are scrapping to get a job? Why does Nicholas Cage need to own his own island?

Thing is, people aren't shelling this money out at one time. Each of us paying 100+ for Skylanders, are paying them off. Like I said before, even my son's 11 year old friend makes 30 a week doing random things in his neighborhood or at his house. So even he could afford to buy a 300 dollar Skylander online, as he is making around 120 a month, give or take.

Fernandez, also think about this. Do you think that if a person spends 300 on a Skylander, that means that person thinks only of themselves?

Allow me to shine some light on you. Everytime I go into the local mom and pops donut shop near the corner of my street, I always give them my change. Why? Because mom and pops donut shops aren't backed by huge corporations like Krispy Kream. They need every cent they can get. There's one charitable contribution. On the corner of I-240 and May Ave, there is a homeless man I give a dollar to everyday. There's number 2. I-240 and Western, a homeless man in a wheelchair (actually has no legs). I give him a dollar anyday I get off on Western. Number 3. 29th and I-35, there's a homeless man who sits across from a Sonic. Sometimes I either give him part of my meal from Chick-fil-A, or a dollar everytime I get off on 29th and I-35, heading to work. There's number 4. My son found 20 dollars in the parking lot of Target. We took the money and went to Chilis. However, we didn't use the money to pay for Chilis. That was our own money. Instead, we took the 20 and gave it to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. My son got to color his own chili-pepper. Two months later, my son found 40 dollars inside my local Toys R Us. I instructed him to give it to me, and I went and bought 20 dollars worth of boys toys and 20 dollars worth of girl toys, and we donated them to Toys for Tots inside said Toys R Us.

What's my point? I guess I "COULD" say everyone has to be like me. Everytime someone passes by the homeless, they better not look at them as a potential panhandler, who is faking being homeless, just to get some smokes. Everyone has to give them a dollar, because it makes me sick to see people with money, give no money to those who have none.

Yep, I could. Will I, though? Nah. Why? Well, you said it yourself, "to each his own." However, when thinking about how someone buying a 300 dollar Skylander disgusts you, think about what they could be doing, that you may not be.

There's always a second side of the story.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't be quick to judge those who buy 300 dollar Skylanders, while others deal with the economy (those having it rough probably voted in the person who caused all of it to begin with; Bush Jr.; in which case they caused it themselves by being naive to politics and believe everything they hear). Some balance their money in ways, they sacrifice one thing for another.

Just look into it more than quickly getting disgusted over how one chooses to spend their money. You could be taking that time being disgusted and pointing the finger, and being more productive with said time, by helping those who are hurt by the economy.
---
#38 Posted: 08:04:42 13/02/2012
Quote: Fernandez2

Was it crazy to spend $300 on a piece of plastic? You betcha, I said so a few times already, myself.

Would I do it all of the time? Not on your Nelly!

Did I hurt anyone in the process? No. Actually Americans should thank me for injecting funds into their economy. You're (collectively) welcome.

I put it this way. I worked hard at uni to get an IT degree and an MBA (the latter whilst working) so that I could hopefully get a good job. I know people who are currently out of work due to economic conditions and deserve a good paying job as well but I am lucky that I have one. Heck, the GFC forced me from running my own consultancy (12+ years) to a permanent employee role in a company, earning nigh on half of what I did. So I commiserate with them and wish them the best.

I also had times between contracts where I was earning nothing and had to live off the "fat" I have previously accumulated.

But I have no sympathy for the idiots who jerked around at school and now can't find a job as the job market dried up. Maybe they could have worked harder at school and made something of themselves, hence avoiding "scraping around for $300"?

I will also add that I have a modest mortgage as I worked hard for a long time to pay it off and made sacrifices in home selection, as well as time with family to work 60-70 hours a week at times to get ahead.

So if I see something which makes me happy and can also make my kids happy, why should I begrudge myself that? I don't smoke; I don't drink that much and a don't really have any expensive hobbies except for this fad right now.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#39 Posted: 14:50:23 13/02/2012
I gots mine!

[User Posted Image]
---
My kids own :
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#40 Posted: 14:54:43 13/02/2012
Looks like your staking out a Wal-Mart, Monsinour.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#41 Posted: 14:54:51 13/02/2012
Yeah, yeah, rub it in...

...but seriously, congrats again, man!
---
Soylent Green is People!
#42 Posted: 15:25:24 13/02/2012

Actually, it is a target. That is where I had to meet my contact, LOL, to acquire the figure. I plan to shoot a video of my kids getting this and posting it. I now cannot wait until school is out!

@Chaos : if you want me to rub it in, I will gladly post what I paid for it. LOL
---
My kids own :
#43 Posted: 15:26:46 13/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Actually, it is a target. That is where I had to meet my contact, LOL, to acquire the figure. I plan to shoot a video of my kids getting this and posting it. I now cannot wait until school is out!

@Chaos : if you want me to rub it in, I will gladly post what I paid for it. LOL

Don't let them open it! smilie
#44 Posted: 15:29:58 13/02/2012
Quote: anverc

Don't let them open it! smilie

Not planning on it. They didnt open my gold flameslinger.
---
My kids own :
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#45 Posted: 15:51:42 13/02/2012
350$ + 300$ for all silvers+ another 300$ on golds + all the skylanders bought before this is thoisands of dollars. The highest cynder will ever go for is what it goes on ebay for right now. Now is the time to sell. I may do what the camo guy did and take pre orders for camo bc if idiots are willong to overpay for a toy then let them. The reason people do this is because idiots overpay for these things. If nobody paid forthem then they wouldnt be scalped. However if idiots keep on doing this then we all might as well get in on the action.
#46 Posted: 16:02:45 13/02/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
350$ + 300$ for all silvers+ another 300$ on golds + all the skylanders bought before this is thoisands of dollars. The highest cynder will ever go for is what it goes on ebay for right now. Now is the time to sell. I may do what the camo guy did and take pre orders for camo bc if idiots are willong to overpay for a toy then let them. The reason people do this is because idiots overpay for these things. If nobody paid forthem then they wouldnt be scalped. However if idiots keep on doing this then we all might as well get in on the action.

Just because so called idiots pay for it, doesn't mean someone has to be wrong, and allow them to be idiots.

The scalpers are still wrong, even if they list a preorder for MSRP, because bottom line, they know the price will go up. Scalpers always use the excuse, that others are the cause for the price going up, but scalpers know what they're doing, when they list popular items on Ebay ahead of time.

I could do the same thing, and take advantage of these so called idiots. Will I? Nope. Because I know I would be wrong to exploit the impatience of others, while also trying to divert any guilt, from me to them.

On another note. My friend was able to snag me a Cynder. So now I have two. I may sell the one I bought, for the same price, and just roll with the free one.

You can't beat free.
---
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#47 Posted: 16:04:08 13/02/2012
The metallic ended at 1 cent.

ooo
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#48 Posted: 16:54:57 13/02/2012

How much did you pay for the metallic cynder? And how were you able to get it again?
#49 Posted: 17:05:51 13/02/2012
Quote: joseph235
How much did you pay for the metallic cynder? And how were you able to get it again?

If you must know, I asked a fellow forumite if they were going to the fair. They did end up going and brought back the figure for me, thank you soo much fellow forumite. I paid for the train ride ($57) and the figure was $18.
---
My kids own :
#50 Posted: 17:18:27 13/02/2012
Cool you guys got those Metallic Cynders!!!! Would love one but can not afford one.

I do think some people who are buying on E-bay should do some research though!
The items I can not believe are the ones buying and selling the 3Ds starter version. They divide it up!

On average I am seeing Ignitor going for about $32
Stealth Elf around $19
Dark Spyro for $28
The game and Portal around $21
Sometimes these numbers are higher too!

That is a total of $100 that is crazy considering the 3Ds version is like $39.99- $49.99 Right now! Freak people are doubling their money!
To each his own but it is not like the 3Ds version is that hard to find.....is it???
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me