darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > No PC/MAC version of Skylanders Giants
Page 1 of 1
No PC/MAC version of Skylanders Giants [CLOSED]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1 Posted: 01:28:53 11/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote:
It is fine to confirm that we will not offer a PC/Mac version of the game

it is official there will be no pc/mac version of skylanders giants.. so i guess a lot of the pc users around here will not buy the new game now.
The_dragonborn Ripto Gems: 14
#2 Posted: 01:42:01 11/02/2012
Darn.

But isn't this mentioned somewhere else?
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#3 Posted: 01:45:52 11/02/2012
^In another topic, yes, but it does warrant a new topic, so we don't have to surf through thousands of posts.

I definatly won't be getting this game now. Even IF I had some other console to play it on, I still wouldn't get it. I'd have to get ANOTHER portal, IDENTICAL to the one I already have, just for another version. >.>
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#4 Posted: 01:49:41 11/02/2012
I would, just because it's SKYLANDERS
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#5 Posted: 01:54:44 11/02/2012
To Dragons-go-hrr:

Are you sure that you'll need another portal, the PC one might work with the new game?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#6 Posted: 01:55:40 11/02/2012
Yeah, but what about the game?
#7 Posted: 01:57:47 11/02/2012
Quote:
I would, just because it's SKYLANDERS

^I still don't think it would be worth it. I mean, it's only been 1 year, you can pretty much guarantee that it's just gonna be a carbon copy of the original. Which is fine, but it's just not worth it IMO. And it's not like it's something epic like Jak and Daxter, a normal spyro game, or Okami. It's just Skylanders. The difficulty was average, storyline almost non-existant, characters had no personality what-so-ever. It's still a good game, I just don't think it's worth having to get another portal AND console simply because activision is too lazy to make a PC version. And what about all the online stuff? For the last game that was ALL centred around the PC.

Quote:
To Dragons-go-hrr:

Are you sure that you'll need another portal, the PC one might work with the new game?

Doubt it. And then there's the fact the most advanced gaming console I have is a PS2. :/
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:04 11/02/2012 by Dragons-go-hrr
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#8 Posted: 02:11:47 11/02/2012
It's one of those ''I see what you did there'' casualties. PC game had low interest, ''it got blowed up''. New idea, first of all, change PC game distribution. I hardly have seen any starter kits out in the shops. That means a) they've got ''BloWED uP!'' (aka sold) b) were never available. Though that partially should mean that Skylanders: Spyro Universe will get no support at the time Giants are released. Why the hell do we even have Spyro Universe at all? This game is bad, stuffed mini games from other popular ones (man, even neopets games are way superior), like angry birds for choice. Leveling system wants me to run into a wall at full speed. It's slow, loading times are <facepalm> and the whole interaction feel stiff, not bothering about really bad animation. Ok, I know this is a free game, what you want. As mmorpg veteran... nah, just leave it Ibishou.

They will put it down eventually as well. o.O
---
smilie
#9 Posted: 02:15:43 11/02/2012
^A lot of stores where I live didn't even sell the PC version to start off with. Only about 2 stores did. People aren't gonna buy a game if they can't even find it. Probably half the reason it did sell badly, was cause no one COULD find it.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#10 Posted: 08:18:09 11/02/2012
No body wanted the PC version because it sucked. It was a Wii port with little to no options. I would have loved to see this game with AA and high res textures. I play 95% of all my gaming time on my pc....it's a shame they decided to go this route. That being said they only have themselves to blame for the pc versions failure.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:18:28 11/02/2012 by Tigorus
#11 Posted: 00:12:53 12/02/2012
^Have you actually PLAYED the Skylanders PC version? It was fine. It was the same as all the other versions, and I'm pretty sure ALL versions (not 3Ds) started out on the Wii and were then made for the other versions. They did not make 4 different versions, they made 1. And it's a KIDS game. It's supposed to have a SIMPLE, CHILDISH style, not epic DotD style detail.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#12 Posted: 02:42:58 12/02/2012
I can see people reacting to this in the same way people are reacting to Sonic 4: Episode II not getting released on WiiWare.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#13 Posted: 04:04:46 12/02/2012
Mmm... that's not fair. Some people just have a PC to play some games and jaybe they doesn't have money to get a videogame console. I think Activision will make A BIG PROBLEM with the selling of this game, I mean, Activision is not going to get more money for that because they are lazy >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#14 Posted: 14:40:01 12/02/2012
I think activision knows exactly what they're doing here. I only saw the PC version like ONCE in a store. And then it was gone. I havent seen it in months. They probably only released a few and probably not all of them sold, so they decided to not put it out on PC and Mac for the sequel.

Honestly, this is a kids game, most kids don't use the PC for gaming anymore. I used to, but that was before we had N64 so the graphics were better than Super NES.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
aza123neo Green Sparx Gems: 153
#15 Posted: 15:21:51 12/02/2012
Well I can only play this game on my PC so now I'm screwed. I use a PS2 controller to play it and it runs perfectly. Now I don't know what I'll do for the sequel. smilie
---
Currently own:
[smilie smilie][smilie smilie smilie][smilie][smilie smilie][smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie]
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#16 Posted: 16:34:42 12/02/2012
Quote: SamXala
Mmm... that's not fair. Some people just have a PC to play some games and jaybe they doesn't have money to get a videogame console. I think Activision will make A BIG PROBLEM with the selling of this game, I mean, Activision is not going to get more money for that because they are lazy >.<

Actually, Actizion will make more money by not selling a PC version.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:51 12/02/2012 by Rays
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#17 Posted: 18:21:40 12/02/2012
^No they won't.

There are people out there that play this game (and others) while only having a PC/Mac, and not any of the game consoles. To not have a PC/Mac version is to generally remove sales from those people.
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#18 Posted: 19:09:21 12/02/2012
^ Yeah they will. They don't have to pay employees extra. They don't have to pay extra money to make pc version and only a tad bit of skylanders sales are from the pc
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:04 13/02/2012 by Rays
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#19 Posted: 19:11:09 12/02/2012
What are you talking about, Rays? You're not saying these things all because you're upset that there isn't going to be a PC version, are you?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#20 Posted: 19:13:43 12/02/2012
Quote: CAV
^No they won't.

There are people out there that play this game (and others) while only having a PC/Mac, and not any of the game consoles. To not have a PC/Mac version is to generally remove sales from those people.

Yea they will. Think of this, having to produce 2 differnt versions of the same game on a platform that varies drastically ALL just to not sell and have to buy back from the retailers. Its no suprise that there isn't a PC version. Its gonna save activision millions.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#21 Posted: 21:33:15 12/02/2012
Actually the delay in D3 is because D3 will now use the Skylanders interface.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#22 Posted: 05:00:51 13/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Actually the delay in D3 is because D3 will now use the Skylanders interface.

What???
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#23 Posted: 08:07:12 13/02/2012
Yes, one of the D3 followers is now mini Trigger Happy; the Demon Hunter has been replaced with Zook; and you now upgrade your skill path by visiting Persephone.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#24 Posted: 08:17:46 13/02/2012
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
^Have you actually PLAYED the Skylanders PC version? It was fine. It was the same as all the other versions, and I'm pretty sure ALL versions (not 3Ds) started out on the Wii and were then made for the other versions. They did not make 4 different versions, they made 1. And it's a KIDS game. It's supposed to have a SIMPLE, CHILDISH style, not epic DotD style detail.

Not only have I played it but I obviously own it. I don't talk smack about items I haven't played/own...that would be lame. I also own the PS3 version and I can tell you they are fairly different in the graphics category. Yes I care about graphics I'm horrible I know. I have a pretty nice rig and I like to use it once in a while. I'm not expecting Skyrim but having it at least on par with the PS3 version is fairly reasonable...at least I believe it is.

Quote: chaosworrier
Yes, one of the D3 followers is now mini Trigger Happy; the Demon Hunter has been replaced with Zook; and you now upgrade your skill path by visiting Persephone.

And Diablo isn't really Diablo..it's KAOS behind a curtain.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:20:05 13/02/2012 by Tigorus
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#25 Posted: 05:59:14 13/04/2012
Where is the proof that Skylanders Giants wont be on PC? ign said it will be
#26 Posted: 06:04:06 13/04/2012
http://pc.ign.com/objects/128/128143.html
spyroxxx4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#27 Posted: 01:58:30 14/04/2012
at the same time, they might lose profit for manufacturing and re programming for computer compatibility. if you ask me i think they should form a temporary alliance with a very popular easy to use prepaid card for those who want to access the PC variant.
---
We all say things, sometimes its a situation where you dont know what youll do until it comes.
#28 Posted: 01:59:42 14/04/2012
Quote: OldClassicGamer
Where is the proof that Skylanders Giants wont be on PC? ign said it will be

idk, i personally respect ign but theres alot of public that arent really friendly with them... lets hold our hopes up though... PC ftw
edit: wait a second it says MAC but not Windows!? tahts an uncommon pattern.
---
We all say things, sometimes its a situation where you dont know what youll do until it comes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:38 14/04/2012 by spyroxxx4
#29 Posted: 05:12:35 14/04/2012
^it says ALSO on mac. the article is about a PC version, which generally refers to windows exclusively.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#30 Posted: 02:06:48 15/04/2012
between all that has gone in reguards or i should say not in reguards to PC version, this is causing alot of suspense.
---
WhirlWindLover Green Sparx Gems: 318
#31 Posted: 06:19:54 15/04/2012
Well, I'm sorry for you guys that only have a PC or a not so advanced PS2, I've got all three consoles and I have 2 starter packs, (1 for PS3 and for 3DS) The portal for the 3DS has a connection perfect for a PC and so does PS3. So yes, they will have portals JUST like the one for your PC game, both of my portals work just fine on the PC. So I say go get the new game of you have a PS3 or an Xbox then maybe.
---
I read on mytholgy, dragons and griffins. Unicorns too!
smilie Twists of Fury! smilie
#32 Posted: 15:37:56 15/04/2012
Well I have PC, PS2, PSP, PS3, Wii, XBOX 360, 3DS but i want giants for PC so i can do Let's Play. I dont have capture card and since first one is on PC as well second one has to be. Rayman Origins didnt have the PC version but it got one later
dangernoah2 Green Sparx Gems: 401
#33 Posted: 16:03:05 15/04/2012
Well I have PC, PS2, PSP, PS3, Wii, XBOX 360, 3DS but i want giants for PC so i can do Let's Play. I dont have capture card and since first one is on PC as well second one has to be. Rayman Origins didnt have the PC version but it got one later

its something called money activision want a lot of it but they didnt make money from the pc version its now £20 so they decided to make more by giving it up and unless they decide we dont want to be thieves we want to make games fun there wont be a pc version
---
help with my skylander cartoon http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=53603
#34 Posted: 16:02:07 17/04/2012
There will be PC version
dangernoah2 Green Sparx Gems: 401
#35 Posted: 16:14:32 17/04/2012
no there wont activision comfrimed it unless they make it a while later and suddenly care about there customers opinios
---
help with my skylander cartoon http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=53603
#36 Posted: 13:30:49 20/04/2012
and where exactly did they confirmed? i would like link where they said that
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me