Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I haz been defeated. [CLOSED]
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#51 Posted: 17:51:24 11/02/2012
they are available only in the usa?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#52 Posted: 20:57:24 11/02/2012
God, you people who own Legendaries are lucky. In fact, you all are; I look at some of your signatures and wonder how the heck you get to have all those Skylanders! The money you must pay for them... I've only got a few, and already I'm aware I've spent too much.
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#53 Posted: 00:51:31 12/02/2012
Quote: willow
God, you people who own Legendaries are lucky. In fact, you all are; I look at some of your signatures and wonder how the heck you get to have all those Skylanders! The money you must pay for them... I've only got a few, and already I'm aware I've spent too much.

Only the legendary trio, cinder, and wrecking ball came from the internet. Rest were found in stores. Persistance pays off.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#54 Posted: 02:49:27 12/02/2012
Hope that Long Island picks up soon. Went to TrU, Best Buy and Target today. All were completely cleaned out.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#55 Posted: 03:39:20 12/02/2012
Wait...

...GameMaster came back...

...He posted a thread in which he had acquired multiple boxes of the same figures...

...And only one person has made a comment, which wasn't really even all that scathing as opposed to just being inquiring.

...Am I on the same forum I was on a few weeks ago, or has everyone finally grown up and stopped nitpicking at one another? I might even post more again if all the friction is dying down.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#56 Posted: 03:40:32 12/02/2012
^hahaha you need to go on to the Giants forums! haha
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#57 Posted: 04:02:46 12/02/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
zomg scalpur

LOL! Actually, I was waiting on some dork to come say I deprived kids of their chances to get them, since I took this many. As no one has done so yet, I will go ahead and shut up anyone's mind, who was thinking that.

HEY, BRO. WHAT'S UP?

You spent $100 on duplicate Legendaries. Um..................why do you do this again? Seriously. I'm not "trolling" you. I actually want to know why.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#58 Posted: 04:42:15 12/02/2012
He's a collector, collecting figures and including many he already has.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:50:15 12/02/2012 by Aura24
#59 Posted: 05:02:49 12/02/2012
But it doesn't make much sense if you ask me. I used to collect Bionicles when I was a kid (well.......a younger kid). And I never bought duplicates.

But maybe that's just me.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#60 Posted: 05:05:38 12/02/2012
If he's selling the duplicate figures to others who don't have them, then that's okay. If he's keeping them for himself to get back at the scalpers, then that's just wrong on many levels.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#61 Posted: 05:06:11 12/02/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I will try and help others, as I find them.

- - -
---
but i love it all smooth
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#62 Posted: 05:07:21 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Maybe it is just you. *shrugs*

If all humans were the same, life would be boring.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#63 Posted: 15:52:54 12/02/2012
^I guess, but I still don't find much point. I'm pretty sure someone can find the legendary toys in their local store. They aren't nearly as popular as other toys from what I've seen. My local stores were stock full of them, before, and now.

Quote: Aura24
If he's selling the duplicate figures to others who don't have them, then that's okay. If he's keeping them for himself to get back at the scalpers, then that's just wrong on many levels.

I guess. But doesn't that mean he's technically being a scalper too, while simply lowering the asking price? Or is my definition of scalper just incorrect?
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#64 Posted: 16:32:58 12/02/2012
Quote: CAV
^I guess, but I still don't find much point. I'm pretty sure someone can find the legendary toys in their local store. They aren't nearly as popular as other toys from what I've seen. My local stores were stock full of them, before, and now.

Quote: Aura24

I guess. But doesn't that mean he's technically being a scalper too, while simply lowering the asking price? Or is my definition of scalper just incorrect?

A Scalper by definition is someone who sells a product at an inflated price above retail for profit.

If you buy a bunch of items, and turn around and sell them at cost, you are not scalping.

Domer
#65 Posted: 16:52:41 12/02/2012
sorry if i repost my question but
Quote: voodude
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#66 Posted: 16:57:21 12/02/2012

It shouldn't be. Any Toys R Us should be getting them in, but thus far no one in the UK has reported them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#67 Posted: 18:23:30 12/02/2012
Quote: domer

A Scalper by definition is someone who sells a product at an inflated price above retail for profit.

If you buy a bunch of items, and turn around and sell them at cost, you are not scalping.

Domer

Well to be fair, I recall Gamemaster at one point selling it for slightly higher than retail price, not including shipping. This would technically make him a scalper, no? Just not that bad of one.

Also, you don't have to tag your name to the end of all of your posts. In the Settings, you can set a signature.
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#68 Posted: 19:09:07 12/02/2012

Domer

Well to be fair, I recall Gamemaster at one point selling it for slightly higher than retail price, not including shipping. This would technically make him a scalper, no? Just not that bad of one.

Also, you don't have to tag your name to the end of all of your posts. In the Settings, you can set a signature.

I know...it's old habit left over from the BBS days when sigs didn't exists... I just continue it in old school tradition.

Domer
#69 Posted: 19:47:41 12/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

It shouldn't be. Any Toys R Us should be getting them in, but thus far no one in the UK has reported them.

thank you. even if your answer made me sad. i wanted a gold chop chop...
---
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#70 Posted: 05:15:46 13/02/2012

Domer

I've never seen him do that. If anything, he's sold the figures at a slight loss, as well as undercharged for shipping, so has been walking away from the sales he makes out-of-pocket.
---
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#71 Posted: 05:42:41 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunny Castanets

Domer

I've never seen him do that. If anything, he's sold the figures at a slight loss, as well as undercharged for shipping, so has been walking away from the sales he makes out-of-pocket.

Yeah. People pretend they never saw me stating this before. It's the nature of the beast here at good old Darkspyro. I take a 66 cent loss on single packs, and a 25 cent loss on shipping. On triple and adventure packs, I take a 8 cent loss on the toys and a 25 cent loss on shipping.

It's nothing that will break my bank. However, to think, I've actually driven to a store to buy Skylanders that are going to others, when I don't even have to think about anything until wave 4. Now that's where I lose more than change, as gas is 3.25 at the nearest gas station to my house.

I keep telling myself it's worth it, because I'm helping children more than adults. I'm even doing this stuff while very sick.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#72 Posted: 09:21:00 13/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Quote: willow

Only the legendary trio, cinder, and wrecking ball came from the internet. Rest were found in stores. Persistance pays off.

I know; I wasn't hoping to offend anyone. It's just as I don't get much try to troop round stores and the internet (and there's nothing wrong with that at all, nor is there not to) so I have much more difficulty with my collection. smilie
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me