Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I haz been defeated. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 17:06:01 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I believe I owe someone here, ten bucks.

Found these at Toys R Us today. YES, all of them are spoken for already, including one person from this site. I will try and help others, as I find them.

[User Posted Image]

Yes. This means they are out again. You may want to check your local stores.

Oh, and I know an assumption will come from someone. I already know what it will be. I will destroy said assumption, as soon as someone states that assumption. All in good fun, of course. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 17:21:57 09/02/2012
Nice!
L-Triggs should be out soon (if not already) too, right?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#3 Posted: 17:33:57 09/02/2012
YAY! they're out again!! smilie thats exciting and congrats GM!

i cant wait to get my hands on these eventually lol
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#4 Posted: 17:50:01 09/02/2012
zomg scalpur
SkyDad Red Sparx Gems: 79
#5 Posted: 17:55:53 09/02/2012
Wondering if our TRU will have some shipments in...definitely going to check after my son gets out of school.
---
Owned: *smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*
#6 Posted: 18:06:01 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tashiji
zomg scalpur

LOL! Actually, I was waiting on some dork to come say I deprived kids of their chances to get them, since I took this many. As no one has done so yet, I will go ahead and shut up anyone's mind, who was thinking that.

The store I got these from, supposedly got 30 in. I guess they're only allowed to put out 6 at a time, as there is no dedicated spot for them. They tried lying to me, stating they only got one box of 6, but their manifest shows they got an additional 24, that were not to be stocked asap.
---
#7 Posted: 18:07:34 09/02/2012
30 of them?! Holy crap. This is a good sign for collectors it seems! Glad they are getting back into stores, my son will be excited to hear that.

Hopefully we have luck at our TRU.
---
Owned: *smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#8 Posted: 18:17:26 09/02/2012
Grats on the find. I love scalper crushing news like this.

smilie
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 18:17:36 09/02/2012
Saw your post, probably broke a few laws getting to my TRU, and was disappointed. The shelves were totally stocked, but not with the legendary pack.

I hadn't been to my local TRU in a couple of weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised to see so much product. All three adventure packs were there (at least 4 or 5 of each), as well as many triple and single packs.

The employee that saw me searching asked if he could help me, and I told him that the legendary packs are back out. He looked genuinely surprised and said he hasn't seen them since November. How is it these things show up in Oklahoma before anywhere else? Weird (pretty sure that's where GM said he lives).
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#10 Posted: 18:20:10 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
The other local TRU got even more, from what I understand. Hopefully this drives down those nosebleeding scalpers' prices on Ebay.

I thought I'd also mention, that I've noticed something about Spyro's as of late. If anyone goes to a store, and looks at the starter packs, you will notice Spyro's head has been turned to face forward, instead of at an angle.

Well, it seems they did this with the Legendary Spyro. Look at this pic.

[User Posted Image]

They aren't respositioned inside the case. Spyro's head, as of late, has been facing forward. I've even noticed some Dark Spyro's doing this.
---
#11 Posted: 18:21:45 09/02/2012
eBay is teeming with listings now, and prices have already fallen. They are definitely back out. Good thing, too...
#12 Posted: 18:22:19 09/02/2012
I have noticed that our regular Spyro and Dark Spyro aren't quite positioned the same. I notice it more with their wing position than their head, though. Probably just how they get put together when glued.
---
#13 Posted: 18:26:53 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
How retarded is that? Man, so many listings popping up. Poor souls. They won't fetch what they once did, and that's awesome as hell.

Himwad, the number for them is 760547. Call your local stores before you go. That is the same number as it has always been.
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#14 Posted: 18:27:20 09/02/2012
Woo Hoo! A pack of smokes on GM! Thanks bunches!
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#15 Posted: 18:37:24 09/02/2012
GM just gave me permission to gloat~ one of those packs is for me! =D yay!! i cant wait to recieve them <3 i thought i'd never get my hands on them honestly, and if i did i knew it would be with GM's help. I'm pretty sure i owe my 2nd born child to him now after all this LOL (i kid i kid)

and the spyro head thing is pretty cool, and GM if you havent made preferances at all to other people who have packs, i'd kinda like the Lspyro that has his head facing forward, he'd def. stand out next to my other 2 spyros lol where there heads are angled smilie if its claimed it doesnt rly matter, just think its cool is all. =3

lots of <3 to GM!~
---

Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#16 Posted: 18:43:22 09/02/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
The other local TRU got even more, from what I understand. Hopefully this drives down those nosebleeding scalpers' prices on Ebay.

I thought I'd also mention, that I've noticed something about Spyro's as of late. If anyone goes to a store, and looks at the starter packs, you will notice Spyro's head has been turned to face forward, instead of at an angle.

Well, it seems they did this with the Legendary Spyro. Look at this pic.

[User Posted Image]

They aren't respositioned inside the case. Spyro's head, as of late, has been facing forward. I've even noticed some Dark Spyro's doing this.

OMG ITS DERPY DRAGON!
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
#17 Posted: 18:43:35 09/02/2012
Himwad, the number for them is 760547. Call your local stores before you go. That is the same number as it has always been.

Much appreciated GM. I'll be giving this number to my collector friend who found the EoI pack and WW/DT/DS triple pack for me before I did. He'll close the deal for me, I'm sure of it.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#18 Posted: 18:47:37 09/02/2012
Huh. Looks like the whole body has been repositioned to face forward..or is that just me?
And now I realize my original Spyro has his head in completely different direction...

[User Posted Image]

I think out of any of the figures, I'd want to get one of these sets to keep in the box and have up on my wall. Lord knows some of the things I have up there now need to come down.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#19 Posted: 18:49:39 09/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Huh. Looks like the whole body has been repositioned to face forward..or is that just me?
And now I realize my original Spyro has his head in completely different direction...

[User Posted Image]

I think out of any of the figures, I'd want to get one of these sets to keep in the box and have up on my wall. Lord knows some of the things I have up there now need to come down.

No i def. see what your talking about lol, it almost looks like they slowly repositioned between the 3 xD and my normal spyro and dark spyro are positioned exactly like yours. and hopefully i get a Lspyro thats facing compeltely forward like that too so i can show the differences to my little brothers(they play the game too).
---

zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#20 Posted: 20:11:41 09/02/2012
I saw a spyro in best buy with his head halfway off his body
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:37 09/02/2012 by zap18
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#21 Posted: 20:20:47 09/02/2012
GameMaster, where do you live and by live I mean state.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#22 Posted: 20:21:16 09/02/2012
Quote: zap18
I saw a spyro in best buy with his head halfway off his body

Collector variant!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#23 Posted: 20:22:14 09/02/2012
Grats GM nice find. Thanks for letting us know they are out there again.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#24 Posted: 20:24:07 09/02/2012
The Canadian Skylanders thread had reported on this today, but I'm glad there is some pictures now. Just roll these into the UK and I'll be a happy bunny again smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#25 Posted: 20:27:33 09/02/2012
And actually that's the 'real' issue with this whole thing:

You state: "The store I got these from, supposedly got 30 in. I guess they're only allowed to put out 6 at a time, as there is no dedicated spot for them. They tried lying to me, stating they only got one box of 6, but their manifest shows they got an additional 24, that were not to be stocked asap."

How could you possibly know that much specific inside information about a product?

Its cool you're helping folks around here.
But the casual person looking in would say you're part of the problem because the people you are NOT helping still don't have an opportunity to purchase because you have all of the stock.
And apparently all of the 'unseen' stock with all of your inside info.

As a business person, I could care less, as long as products are moving off the shelves.

-M
#26 Posted: 20:53:43 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: neomas77

You state: "The store I got these from, supposedly got 30 in. I guess they're only allowed to put out 6 at a time, as there is no dedicated spot for them. They tried lying to me, stating they only got one box of 6, but their manifest shows they got an additional 24, that were not to be stocked asap."

How could you possibly know that much specific inside information about a product?

But the casual person looking in would say you're part of the problem because the people you are NOT helping still don't have an opportunity to purchase because you have all of the stock.

As a business person, I could care less, as long as products are moving off the shelves.

-M

Fair enough. I'll answer. Before the trucks come into TRU, they have what's called a "manifest." They allow me to see these manifests, so I can see what's coming in, before other customers know. They know I'm not a scalper, so I guess that's why they allow me to see. This allows me to be at the store before open, instead of guessing.

They got one case of 6 in, that were called "shaded." That means they have to go out on the floor. They had another 4 cases of 6 that weren't shaded, which means they don't go out until the others sell.

I knew these were coming in since last night. I just didn't want to say anything, until I physically had them inhand.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:07 09/02/2012 by GameMaster78
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#27 Posted: 20:55:44 09/02/2012
Oh snap... are they all spoken for? Either way this is great news!!!
VendettaACS Green Sparx Gems: 223
#28 Posted: 20:57:02 09/02/2012
I'll jump in and say you are ruining the dreams and fun of children. Just for laughs. Seriously though, the amount you bought is a bit much. Christ.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#29 Posted: 21:03:49 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Not compared to the 60 my city got, between two stores. If I were a scalper, I'd be coming home with a ton of these. Possibly all 60.
---
#30 Posted: 21:08:11 09/02/2012
You don't have to defend yourself lol. You are like....a good scalper? If that makes sense. I dunno. As long as you are reselling them for reasonable prices then that's cool. The truly good thing would be to donate these and take the loss, but I'm not gonna judge. As long as these sets go to people who will actually USE/KEEP them, nice job.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#31 Posted: 21:10:38 09/02/2012
I had feeling two days ago that Legendaries will be re-released, even posted in a facebook group. Yesterday some kid said I was right and Toys R Us had restocked them. Nice De ja vu.
---
smilie
deathcrow Green Sparx Gems: 272
#32 Posted: 21:32:55 09/02/2012
To anybody that is lucky enough to get one of these, are you going to leave them in the package or take them out and use them? Just wondering, because if I get one they are going to come straight out of the package and get used.
#33 Posted: 21:34:34 09/02/2012
Just called our Toys R Us and they said they had a lot of Skylanders in, but no legendaries. smilie Looks like the search continues.
---
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#34 Posted: 21:53:31 09/02/2012
Just called 3 TRU near me. They said they got a shipment, but no legendaries. smilie
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
#35 Posted: 21:54:45 09/02/2012
They will be there soon.
---
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#36 Posted: 21:59:49 09/02/2012
I'm going to start calling everyday to TRU now.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#37 Posted: 22:01:05 09/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

[User Posted Image]

here is mine 3 the heads is a little different but not much... anyway look at the eyes on your dark spyro... lol...

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:43 09/02/2012 by kappapopm
lockmouth Green Sparx Gems: 394
#38 Posted: 22:03:24 09/02/2012
Just picked up 2 of these from my local TRU smilie.... Looks like they have hit the South, I'm in Louisiana.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie
#39 Posted: 00:42:13 10/02/2012
Just went to our local TRU in Tennessee...no luck on Legendaries.

But my son did land: Cynder, Hex, Double Trouble and Zap tonight. He was pumped!

Walmart and TRU were completely restocked - Gamestop and Best Buy had empty pegs.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:11 10/02/2012 by SkyDad
#40 Posted: 01:30:14 10/02/2012
Interesting that they aren't on the web site. Wonder if they ever will be again?
---
Judge Green Sparx Gems: 312
#41 Posted: 01:31:03 10/02/2012
I was wondering the same thing. They did not get a restock here near louisville yet
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#42 Posted: 01:47:52 10/02/2012
smilie^
No worries here Gamer.
I knew you had a method to your madness.
Good luck with the hunt.

-M
#43 Posted: 13:23:54 10/02/2012
Quote: neomas77

-M

Fair enough. I'll answer. Before the trucks come into TRU, they have what's called a "manifest." They allow me to see these manifests, so I can see what's coming in, before other customers know. They know I'm not a scalper, so I guess that's why they allow me to see. This allows me to be at the store before open, instead of guessing.

They got one case of 6 in, that were called "shaded." That means they have to go out on the floor. They had another 4 cases of 6 that weren't shaded, which means they don't go out until the others sell.

I knew these were coming in since last night. I just didn't want to say anything, until I physically had them inhand.

A Lady who's incharge of the Shopko's Electronics department in my area taught me how to do the same thing. (I just never check up on it since i dont have a car and cant go pick them up whenever i want lol)
---

Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#44 Posted: 13:47:43 10/02/2012
I'm so glad they finally released the Legendaries again! It means that L-Trigger Happy's gotta be coming soon! smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#45 Posted: 18:39:02 10/02/2012
Quote: Madel
I'm so glad they finally released the Legendaries again! It means that L-Trigger Happy's gotta be coming soon! smilie

Confirmed for coming out in March along with Dragon's Peak and the remaining Skylanders. =]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13909
#46 Posted: 18:57:36 10/02/2012
They put out a press release today, this bit related to the 3-Pack:

Quote:
And, back by popular demand, the following item will return to Toys"R"Us stores and online at Toysrus.com later this month:

Legendary 3-Pack
This trio of fan-favorite characters features Spyro, Bash and Chop Chop in their Legendary forms. Highlighted by gold and dark blue deco, each Legendary character is more powerful than the traditional version. The Legendary 3-pack will return to Toys"R"Us stores nationwide for a limited time beginning February 17.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#47 Posted: 19:34:56 10/02/2012
Quote: D-Rex
Quote: Madel

Confirmed for coming out in March along with Dragon's Peak and the remaining Skylanders. =]

Thanks. smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#48 Posted: 02:14:03 11/02/2012

Yup, still waiting for it too.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#49 Posted: 13:32:29 11/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Yup, still waiting for it too.

or you could totally just have him buy you Legendary Trigger Happy when he comes out, since it's the same price and all LOL xD
---

budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#50 Posted: 17:47:59 11/02/2012
Called this morning on a whim and they had JUST gotten some in stock! I asked the guy to hold me 2 and he said he would if I could get there right away so I did. There were a total of 5 and I wasn't even done paying when someone else called and had him set aside the rest. Not only that, but the shelves were FULL today with almost everything available to date. Rest assured folks... they are back!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me