darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Do you want Adventure packs to return for Skylanders Giants?
Page 1 of 1
Do you want Adventure packs to return for Skylanders Giants? [CLOSED]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1 Posted: 00:21:17 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I kind of hope they ditch adventure packs this time around. I wasn't a fan of them. If they really want to have a few extra levels that can be played later down the road, just make it so you can only access it unless you have a certain Skylander with you, then once you're in the level you can change to whoever you want. That way they could have an extra level for each new wave of figures, and not charge extra for a dumb pirate ship toy that nobody really wants. Not saying there has to be a whole new level for EVERY figure, just one per wave. It's not that far out considering that if the first game DOES only have four waves of figures like many are claiming, it fits perfectly since there were only four adventure packs. (Though in all honesty I'm pretty sure there is going to be a wave 5 before they're all out there) Seems like a much better way to do it, and a much more cost effective way to do it for both the toy manufacturers, AND the consumers. You'd still have to buy a new toy in order to access it, so it's not like it completely ruins the idea of Adventure packs.

Maybe that's just me though. Do you enjoy buying Adventure packs? Or would you like to see them go away?
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:45 09/02/2012 by DinoHex
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 00:27:34 09/02/2012
Just release new levels as DLC. It's the easiest, cheapest way to go.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#3 Posted: 00:31:22 09/02/2012
I kinda agree with DinoHex. Make it that you need a certain character. But the character that unlocks the level costs 1 extra dollar more than the the other skylanders.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#4 Posted: 00:32:30 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182

If they did that though, there would be the outcry from those who don't understand the appeal of the game that all of the characters should be DLC too. Plus, if you're going to be collecting the new figures anyways, (which I'm aware not everyone will) the way I suggested would actually be cheaper because then you wouldn't have to pay for the figure AND the DLC.

Quote: Rays
I kinda agree with DinoHex. Make it that you need a certain character. But the character that unlocks the level costs 1 extra dollar more than the the other skylanders.

I don't think there would be any real justification for the extra dollar. Sure the extra levels cost money to make, but I'm sure there would still be people who would buy the figure just to get the extra level, people who wouldn't have otherwise bought that figure.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:07 09/02/2012 by DinoHex
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 00:34:29 09/02/2012
I do like having the extra levels, but I'm sure no one really likes paying for them. haha I mean, it IS extra DLC, not really too different from buying a map expansion pack for any other game.

I like em since they give you the new area (Coincidentally, the level figure also has an "Attack" of sorts. I wasn't really aware of it until I had the figure on the portal for a while) plus the 2 items. And I have to say, I can justify buying the expansions more because you get a physical figure. I mean, heck a lot of games have DLC you have to pay for and you don't get anything. Half the time they're just palette swaps.

I want them back, ONLY if they can keep them at the $19.99 price. That's a good all around price and doesn't delve into "no way dude, I want to eat tonight" territory. I'm really not looking forward to buying the Dragon's Peak at the new $24.99 price tag.

I think a good remedy would be to bump the toy prices up to about $15, but also include a magic item with them. For instance, we see Alchemist uses potions and stuff; why not package him with something like a potion that makes you turn invisible or something. It could be used with any character, but you have to buy Alchemist to use it.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#6 Posted: 00:38:05 09/02/2012
Quote: DinoHex

If they did that though, there would be the outcry from those who don't understand the appeal of the game that all of the characters should be DLC too. Plus, if you're going to be collecting the new figures anyways, (which I'm aware not everyone will) the way I suggested would actually be cheaper because then you wouldn't have to pay for the figure AND the DLC.

Not really. The character toys save data, so they have that excuse. And Activision don't care about haters.

If the character toy also has a level on it, it will cost more anyway. And DLC means they can store mor data.
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#7 Posted: 00:38:58 09/02/2012
I think the point is that Activsion want people to feel that the purchase was worthwhile by adding some plastic stuff to it rather than pure DLC.

Kids love the physical things. Collectors love the physical things. Activision loves making something for a few bucks and selling it for a good markup.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#8 Posted: 00:42:08 09/02/2012
I'm really hoping that the Giant figures will serve as adventure pack add-ons as well.
---
#9 Posted: 00:44:01 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
I do like having the extra levels, but I'm sure no one really likes paying for them. haha I mean, it IS extra DLC, not really too different from buying a map expansion pack for any other game.

I like em since they give you the new area (Coincidentally, the level figure also has an "Attack" of sorts. I wasn't really aware of it until I had the figure on the portal for a while) plus the 2 items. And I have to say, I can justify buying the expansions more because you get a physical figure. I mean, heck a lot of games have DLC you have to pay for and you don't get anything. Half the time they're just palette swaps.

I want them back, ONLY if they can keep them at the $19.99 price. That's a good all around price and doesn't delve into "no way dude, I want to eat tonight" territory. I'm really not looking forward to buying the Dragon's Peak at the new $24.99 price tag.

I think a good remedy would be to bump the toy prices up to about $15, but also include a magic item with them. For instance, we see Alchemist uses potions and stuff; why not package him with something like a potion that makes you turn invisible or something. It could be used with any character, but you have to buy Alchemist to use it.

But let's face it, do you really want to spend the extra ten dollars for a pirate ship toy that has little to do with Skylanders? I think the appeal of the toys mostly comes from the characters, and not the other toys.

As for the special items, those aren't really needed either because the game itself has a currency system and an upgrade shop, so they could easily just put those items in a shop in the game. Even collectors on this forum are hesitant to be buying a whole new set of figures for a new game, so anything they can do to reduce the cost of the toys is a must. I'd much rather ditch the uninteresting toys in favour of a cheaper price tag.

Oh, and I don't know why, but in British Columbia (where I live) the prices of Adventure packs and 3 packs are still $20.00. I don't know why they raised them elsewhere. Singles are now $10.00 though. : /
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:51:31 09/02/2012 by DinoHex
#10 Posted: 00:44:05 09/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
I think the point is that Activsion want people to feel that the purchase was worthwhile by adding some plastic stuff to it rather than pure DLC.

Kids love the physical things. Collectors love the physical things. Activision loves making something for a few bucks and selling it for a good markup.

But in producing figures, they spend money. Their total revenue could be higher if Adventure Packs were just DLC.
---
#11 Posted: 00:51:47 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Not really. The character toys save data, so they have that excuse. And Activision don't care about haters.

If the character toy also has a level on it, it will cost more anyway. And DLC means they can store mor data.

That's not what I meant. I don't mean the level itself would be on the character, I mean that the level is already on the disc, but you just need a certain Skylander to let you into it.
---
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#12 Posted: 01:01:42 09/02/2012

But in producing figures, they spend money. Their total revenue could be higher if Adventure Packs were just DLC.

Exactly why that idea of the Giant Figures holding another chapter sounds so appealing to me. It'll feel like I'm actually getting something big, rather than just a new skylander with a bit of extra gameplay mechanics.
---
#13 Posted: 01:35:05 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SilentButDeadly

Exactly why that idea of the Giant Figures holding another chapter sounds so appealing to me. It'll feel like I'm actually getting something big, rather than just a new skylander with a bit of extra gameplay mechanics.

I have to ask again though, is that small feeling of getting something big worth the extra 10, maybe 15 dollars? And really, I think you'd get that same feeling with the way I suggested they do it, since you know that with that particular figure, you'll be getting an extra level at no extra cost.

I know it does basically sound like I'm asking for extra levels for free, but when a game like Bit. Trip Complete for Wii has six games on it, plus a TON of extra content and bonus items in the package which are essentially free due to its budget price, it doesn't seem too out there to ask for three or four extra levels from Skylanders. Sure a level of Skylanders would most certainly be MUCH more expensive to make than extra content for the Bit. Trip games, but if a small, cult status franchise like Bit. Trip can offer so much at a small price tag, surely a huge money printing success like Skylanders can offer three or four new levels already placed on the disc itself. If Activision and Toys For Bob want this series to stay successful, they're going to have to not be greedy with their prices, because as it is right now, even fans aren't too enthusiastic about buying more figures.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:12 09/02/2012 by DinoHex
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#14 Posted: 04:11:46 09/02/2012
I actually hope they do return....was nice to play a level down the road. Still playing EOI and looking forward to Dragon's Peak!
For $19.99 it was a pretty good deal for toys and extra levels. Plus if you have a console and the 3Ds even more value!

I really do not care about the magic items that much!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#15 Posted: 04:19:54 09/02/2012
Hmm, I wonder if they are going to make the current Adventure Pack items work with the new game. If not the location/level pieces, then at least the items? What do you guys think?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#16 Posted: 14:57:17 09/02/2012
I hope they return as well, im the kind of person that likes physical DLC. =3
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#17 Posted: 15:00:03 09/02/2012
Quote: terranakari

Same here! Plus the figures of the expansions are quite nice, I love to put them around my TV, looks nice.
#18 Posted: 15:03:16 09/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
Quote: terranakari

Same here! Plus the figures of the expansions are quite nice, I love to put them around my TV, looks nice.

agreed!!

makes me wonder if the adventure pack stuff will also be backwards compatible with this one smilie
---

Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#19 Posted: 15:05:37 09/02/2012
My bet is that they will work only as magic items?
#20 Posted: 18:38:44 09/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
My bet is that they will work only as magic items?

interesting thought! i wonder what they'd do then
---

XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#21 Posted: 18:48:34 09/02/2012
No it's too expansive! -.-

Not all people have much money oô.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#22 Posted: 18:49:36 09/02/2012

But let's face it, do you really want to spend the extra ten dollars for a pirate ship toy that has little to do with Skylanders? I think the appeal of the toys mostly comes from the characters, and not the other toys.

As for the special items, those aren't really needed either because the game itself has a currency system and an upgrade shop, so they could easily just put those items in a shop in the game. Even collectors on this forum are hesitant to be buying a whole new set of figures for a new game, so anything they can do to reduce the cost of the toys is a must. I'd much rather ditch the uninteresting toys in favour of a cheaper price tag.

Oh, and I don't know why, but in British Columbia (where I live) the prices of Adventure packs and 3 packs are still $20.00. I don't know why they raised them elsewhere. Singles are now $10.00 though. : /

Very true. Haha I guess it's just me liking to collect things. Even though they could have them in game, I'd still like to have the extra little figs.
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#23 Posted: 23:39:39 09/02/2012

No because they would conceivably sell less of them without the tangible asset.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#24 Posted: 23:54:05 09/02/2012
That would be cool, hey we could use a level that is meant for strength. Even though it's not really Spyro.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#25 Posted: 00:03:17 10/02/2012
They most likely will. The Adventure packs allowed for them to add new game play features and such in the first game, they could do far more with it when you consider the giants themselves already have a difference in game play and exploration.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#26 Posted: 00:18:09 10/02/2012
Not really no. I don't mind having to hunt for specific characters but also having to hunt down levels or actual game content just doesn't appeal to me and frankly drives me nuts. I was getting really irritated trying to hunt for EoI. I'm not a huge Slam Bam fan but I did enjoy the level. I would say a figure and the magic items but no levels. Make those available through normal DLC methods.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:34 10/02/2012 by Tigorus
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#27 Posted: 00:32:31 10/02/2012
Yes include adventure packs, but make them with more content. They need to be like a mini expansion to the game containing multiple levels. I wouldn't mind seeing adventure packs available allowing you to collect extra powers, hats, etc... but having to solve 5+ levels. Not just one.

If they were more complex mini games, then the 20-25 dollars for them would be more justifiable.

Domer
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#28 Posted: 03:53:27 10/02/2012
Whatever is digitally downloadable, I will not own. I don't support what I can't physically own. That's why I like Skylanders. I got something to show for the money I spent.

I do want adventure packs to return. Infact, they need to, as I feel this new game will be too easy. So they need to make up for it, by being longer.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#29 Posted: 18:45:50 10/02/2012
Yes, if only they'll increase the content in the Adventure Packs.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
palmo Green Sparx Gems: 380
#30 Posted: 03:30:08 08/04/2012
I wouldn't mind their return as they do help alot on the 3ds with the magic items and it does make it fun goig hunting for the new levels and characters to impress people when you get it. In the 3ds virsion you unlock five levels per section and their are five sedtions plus they do make it more interesting the amount of detail and difference with the figures so I think its worth while.
---
Skylander contest here:
palmo's contest
#31 Posted: 18:34:49 15/04/2012
Well, I heard something interesting today at Gamestop.

After buying the used Spyro figure, the guy told me that they were expecting a "Giants expansion pack" in soon. I didn't question him about it, although in retrospect, I probably should have.

I'm guessing he was just referring to the Giants game, although I couldn't know for sure what he meant. When he first started out, he seemed to be referring to an adventure pack (So I figured he was talking about Dragon's Peak) but then he turned to the other employee and said "When is that Giants expansion pack coming?" and he said "I dunno. They haven't given us a date for it yet."

Maybe preorders for it? I'm surprised Gamestop didn't have any preorders for the original game, but I'm sure that a lot of stores see how popular it is, and will be offering one for Giants. Plus, I'd even guess that some of the stores will give away some sort of special figure or bonus content. (I can easily see another item like Best Buy and the volcanic Vault)
---
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#32 Posted: 11:57:36 19/04/2012
I hope for the return... Magic Items should be stronger, depending on who you are.
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#33 Posted: 12:25:20 19/04/2012
Quote: Stealth Elf 32
I hope for the return... Magic Items should be stronger, depending on who you are.

i know activi$ion and i can promise you 100%, that new adventure packs will come.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#34 Posted: 14:18:46 19/04/2012
Hope they make it bigger
---
THE END IS NEAR
#35 Posted: 16:43:20 19/04/2012
Quote: nitendofan92
Hope they make it bigger

it is giants so it is getting bigger, everything....
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#36 Posted: 00:39:27 21/04/2012
I like the extra levels it is kinda annoying that the game is mildly short, and Giants will be even shorter.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#37 Posted: 22:18:15 24/04/2012
the location pieces give you more bang for the buck as during a level you can put them on the portal and they cause 999 damage to everyone on screen
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Ignitor Fan Green Sparx Gems: 111
#38 Posted: 00:05:05 25/04/2012
NOPES!!!!!

NONE WANTIN' HERE
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#39 Posted: 01:12:05 25/04/2012
Just the items, $4 for 2!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#40 Posted: 01:29:30 25/04/2012
If they put the work into it the extra adventure packs would be cool.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
#41 Posted: 08:34:51 25/04/2012
Quote: Ignitor Fan
NOPES!!!!!

NONE WANTIN' HERE

but giant have less playtime than than the first.... you will play through giant in 4 hours...
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#42 Posted: 14:05:29 25/04/2012
Definitely want Adventure Packs, if only for the awesome figurines. It would be kinda boring if the only figurines we got with Giants was Skylanders... I want more level pieces and items!
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#43 Posted: 04:54:28 26/04/2012
Definately more adventure packs is my vote. I don't go online with any of my systems ...And I can guarantee I'll not be starting for Giants! DLC would cost them my money, I'll not go online to buy it. If they make Adv. Packs I will buy them.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#44 Posted: 15:09:56 26/04/2012
There will be adventure packs for sure. Activison will do it for ALL the skylanders games, if they make more.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me