darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Giants like Mythologies Titans??
Page 1 of 1
Giants like Mythologies Titans?? [CLOSED]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#1 Posted: 23:34:00 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
First thing the giants made me think of were the Mythology of the Titans, from like God of War and stuff( i cant rememebr if its greek mythology or what so bare with me... lol).

I wonder if the Giants are the "Elder Elementals" that were mentioned in the Adventures game? And that they're coming back to help stop this new threat? or what.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 23:42:12 08/02/2012
I think they're in relation to the Elder Elementals. Some of the prerelease material states that the Giants were ancient Skylanders that originally defeated Kaos. And now the Skylanders need them again.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 23:44:49 08/02/2012
I think they are the Elder Elementals. Their back story is that they were banished from Skylands thousands of years ago and buried deep within the earth and when the Skylanders landed on Earth, they awoke them... Or something like that. Still doesn't explain why they're small and frozen smilie
#4 Posted: 14:54:47 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
ooooooo sounds interesting! =D i cant wait
---

WithWhirlwind Green Sparx Gems: 388
#5 Posted: 21:21:29 09/02/2012
They have been confirmed to be the elder elements the plot is they battled some unknown evil and in the process were sent to earth, so when the skylanders showed up here they were awoke and know you need to use them, the new skylanders, and the old skylanders to beat kaos who's back
---
Have:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#6 Posted: 17:04:59 10/02/2012
the greek titans were bad guys. they betrayed the gods and tried to usurp their thrones on mt olimpus. so i hope the giant will be completely different smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#7 Posted: 18:30:10 10/02/2012
Actually it would be pretty cool if the Giants turned evil part way through the game!!! Do not think it will happen though!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#8 Posted: 19:09:40 10/02/2012
Quote: voodude
the greek titans were bad guys. they betrayed the gods and tried to usurp their thrones on mt olimpus. so i hope the giant will be completely different smilie

Are we using Disney mythology? The Titans existed before the Olympian Gods of Greece. Zeus and the younger Gods overthrew them.
#9 Posted: 19:36:49 10/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord
Quote: voodude

Are we using Disney mythology? The Titans existed before the Olympian Gods of Greece. Zeus and the younger Gods overthrew them.

actually i was using the Dante's version, where the titans represent the traytors in the last circle of the hell smilie
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#10 Posted: 20:08:31 10/02/2012
Otus and Ephialtes were sons of Poseidon. They tried to storm Olympias. They were Giants not Titans though. The Gigantomachy was different than the Titanomachy.

Tityos was a son of Zeus. So not a Titan.

Typhon fought Zeus but wasnt considered a titan.

Not trying to argue, its been a while since I've read Dante's Inferno. I've studied a lot of Greek Mythology though and the Titans are generally considered (1st Generation): Oceanus, Hyperion, Coeus, Cronus, Crius, Iapetus, Mnemosyne, Tethys, Theia, Phoebe, Rhea and Themis. (2nd generation): Eos, Helios, Selene, Leto, Asteria, Atlas, Prometheus, Epimetheus, Menoetius, Metis, Astraeus, Pallas, and Perses.

I don't believe any of those that I can recall being in Dante's Inferno.
#11 Posted: 21:36:32 10/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord
Otus and Ephialtes were sons of Poseidon. They tried to storm Olympias. They were Giants not Titans though. The Gigantomachy was different than the Titanomachy.

Tityos was a son of Zeus. So not a Titan.

Typhon fought Zeus but wasnt considered a titan.

Not trying to argue, its been a while since I've read Dante's Inferno. I've studied a lot of Greek Mythology though and the Titans are generally considered (1st Generation): Oceanus, Hyperion, Coeus, Cronus, Crius, Iapetus, Mnemosyne, Tethys, Theia, Phoebe, Rhea and Themis. (2nd generation): Eos, Helios, Selene, Leto, Asteria, Atlas, Prometheus, Epimetheus, Menoetius, Metis, Astraeus, Pallas, and Perses.

I don't believe any of those that I can recall being in Dante's Inferno.

oh you are right. i misunderstood the titans with the giants, probably because i'm italian. in the inferno there were some random giants trapped in the ice representing the traytors because they betrayed the gods in the greek mythology.
smilie even if i talked about the wrong myth, the greek titans are still bad guys. the skylanders giants sacrificed themself to destroy kaos war machines.
---
#12 Posted: 22:20:35 10/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I was going by God of War's, and i totally forgot they went against the Gods LOL... silly me!

they still make me think of them though because of the size thing, plus Lightning Rod could totally be Zeus... lol xD
---

exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#13 Posted: 22:39:23 10/02/2012
its a sad day when video games/disney teach things like mythology...
and voodude did you get your information from EA's Dante's Inferno (video game)? which is totally horrible compared to the real story/poems
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#14 Posted: 13:13:15 11/02/2012
Quote: exosquad
its a sad day when video games/disney teach things like mythology...
and voodude did you get your information from EA's Dante's Inferno (video game)? which is totally horrible compared to the real story/poems

never played that game i read the book at school. but i checked and he always use the word "giant" and never "titan". he also use the word giant to describe a human who challenged god.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me