darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Skylanders Giants OFFICIAL announcement
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Giants OFFICIAL announcement [CLOSED]
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#1 Posted: 18:31:45 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
video first

words next
http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...ylanders-giants

copy paste
Activision announces Skylanders Giants

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 7 February, 2012

Over 20 new figures and light technology this autumn.

Activision has announced Skylanders Giants, the follow-up to toy/video game hybrid Skylanders Spyro's Adventure.

It introduces over 20 new figures, including super-sized giants and characters featuring light technology. There are also new challenges, a new story and better integration across console, handheld and mobile devices.

Included are eight new figures that are more than twice the size of the main skylanders cast in both physical and virtual form. These are the Giants.

Bright Lights are a set of characters that feature new light technology in the toys that means they light up when near or on the Portal of Power. They have in-game benefits, too.

Elsewhere, there are eight new regular sized skylanders. Every character from the first game is compatible with Giants, with stats and customisations intact.

Expect new arenas, more options in Battle Mode, better Elemental Zones and new Character Challenges.

Skylanders has been a huge success for Activision. According to the Call of Duty publisher, Skylanders was the most successful kids' IP launch of 2011 and the number one best-selling kids' franchise worldwide in 2011.

And, impressively, it was the number one overall new IP launched in North America, according to The NPD Group. In the US it generated the greatest overall single-year sales, inclusive of software and accessories, of any new children's IP.

"Skylanders Spyro's Adventure's success in 2011 validated an exciting idea-that with the right technology, and the creative minds to support it with engaging characters and story, we could define a new model for children's play," said Activision Publishing boss Eric Hirshberg.

"Skylanders Giants marks the evolution of this core concept. We've got super-sized figures, remarkably cool new characters that light up, as if by magic, and more ways to play and explore Skylands than ever before."

Skylanders Giants launches in the autumn. Release platforms are yet to be announced.

First screenshots are below.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#2 Posted: 18:33:14 08/02/2012
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewtopics.php?forum=48

Already got this done smilie
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#3 Posted: 18:34:35 08/02/2012
//www.darkspyro.net/news/47234/
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewtopics.php?forum=48
//www.darkspyro.net/giants/

Old news is old.
---
Bring the Fanta
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#4 Posted: 18:36:18 08/02/2012
Oh. my. no...

Getting close to finishing my collection only to find out that more are coming?! Curse you Activision! Shut up and take my money!!!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#5 Posted: 18:40:52 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
i didnt see any threads here about it...
day late dollar short i guess.
---
xSILENTxHUNTERx Red Sparx Gems: 33
#6 Posted: 18:41:27 08/02/2012
can't wait for this
---
OWN: <smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smiliesmilie> NEED: smiliesmilie
#7 Posted: 18:46:08 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
i love how flameslinger lifts his one blindfold to look up but has another blindfold underneath. im going to watch this video on loop for a few hours...
---
eruptor1999 Green Sparx Gems: 219
#8 Posted: 19:03:45 08/02/2012
i want how much they are going to cost
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#9 Posted: 19:05:24 08/02/2012
Quote: eruptor1999
i want how much they are going to cost

you want what, $8 or $10 pending on where purchased?
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#10 Posted: 19:30:32 08/02/2012
Flameslinger likes from tomatos now mustard?
this is messed up
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#11 Posted: 20:02:17 08/02/2012
Found a few interesting videos from the toy fair at NYC.

Preeview of Giants gameplay and "Treerex" Skylander

A new Skylander on display

A new character dubbed "Alchemist"
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:03 08/02/2012 by Sequoia Spyro
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#12 Posted: 20:03:56 08/02/2012
Can we put this in the appropriate section now? All of this has been already seen in the giants section.
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#13 Posted: 20:04:47 08/02/2012
Quote: exosquad
i didnt see any threads here about it...
day late dollar short i guess.

That's because someone takes them down... I posted it the other day as well, I guess because I didn't post it in the giants section but how are people supposed to know there is a giants section if you can't post here?
#14 Posted: 20:07:22 08/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
Can we put this in the appropriate section now? All of this has been already seen in the giants section.

This is a forum to discuss a children's game, not a library.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15 Posted: 20:08:14 08/02/2012
But this topic is about Skylanders: Giants, not Spyro's Adventure, Sequoia...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#16 Posted: 20:09:53 08/02/2012
Common sense please.
#17 Posted: 20:13:20 08/02/2012
I understand that but it's not like this is a serious website with a strong following of sensible, intelligent people. It's mostly children and adults who enjoy toys. I'm sure it wouldn't kill you to see a post in the wrong section once in a while. At the end of the day, it's just a forum.
---
#18 Posted: 20:26:07 08/02/2012
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=47267

Well anyway Dark will probably close this topic.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me