Page 1 of 1
24 Re-released Skylanders [CLOSED]
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1 Posted: 17:41:05 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Although exact details were less forthcoming on this issue, it seems the plan is to release a fresh set of Skylanders figures in different poses and holding different items to the originals. Characters will however not appear differently in the game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:00 08/02/2012 by t7gga
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 17:43:55 08/02/2012
Do you have proof that they'll release 24 of the Skylanders we already know?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 17:55:31 08/02/2012
It was in the family gamer tv vid on a different post. I thought I heard him say 24 repossed figures.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 18:57:42 08/02/2012
Quote: Aura24
Do you have proof that they'll release 24 of the Skylanders we already know?

It was in the press release
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#5 Posted: 19:09:13 08/02/2012
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2...rs-giants-fgtv/

"24 Re-released Skylanders: Although exact details were less forthcoming on this issue, it seems the plan is to release a fresh set of Skylanders figures in different poses and holding different items to the originals."
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#6 Posted: 19:10:42 08/02/2012
So it's not official, it's still a "maybe".
#7 Posted: 19:16:48 08/02/2012
True, but at least this one has a source behind it as opposed to the other one concerning 4 redesigned Champions being released.

Plus, I doubt Activision (or Toys for Bob - whoever produces the figures) would leave the redesigns to just four Champions. There obviously is a cash cow needing to be milking and it's been found (ie the light-ups being released). If Activision has access to more money, they're going to take it. 24 Redesigned Champions may be a bit extreme, but I wouldn't put it past Activision to do something like that.
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#8 Posted: 19:18:29 08/02/2012
Well the source was from the page on DarkSpyro about the Giants sequel. Maybe Dark misunderstood something or misread.
#9 Posted: 19:21:42 08/02/2012
It's a possibility. It's hard to flush out any sort of details at the moment, I'll admit.
---
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#10 Posted: 19:46:53 08/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
So it's not official, it's still a "maybe".

The number is official, at least.
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#11 Posted: 20:58:43 08/02/2012
It's still a maybe, although I hope this does not become definate. I'm not sure I want the same Skylander twice, just in a different pose [apart from my two Sonic Booms, Sonic and Boom x)]. It seems silly to release an identical Skylander with all the same moves on the game in just a different figure pose- I would much prefer twenty four all new Skylanders.
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#12 Posted: 21:06:28 08/02/2012
They probably will redesign prism break because they had a life sized version of it.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 21:38:16 08/02/2012
Quote: Rays
They probably will redesign prism break because they had a life sized version of it.

Prism Break's been confirmed to at least have light-up crystals. He is one of the light-up figures to be released. His pose is the same.
---
SkyDad Red Sparx Gems: 79
#14 Posted: 21:42:43 08/02/2012
Quote: Madel

Prism Break's been confirmed to at least have light-up crystals. He is one of the light-up figures to be released. His pose is the same.

That is actually cool, and I'll probably be purchasing this since PB is one of my favs.
---
Owned: *smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:43:24 08/02/2012 by SkyDad
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#15 Posted: 21:44:35 08/02/2012
Quote: Madel

This whole light-up figure thing is overblown. After you put the figure on the portal and start playing the game, how often do you look at the portal? I sure don't. I'm looking at my plasma screen. I don't look at the figure again until I'm ready to swap it out for a new one. It's even less cool for collectors who will have them on display, because you need a powered-up portal for the light to turn on. I suppose if you plugged the portal in an outlet it could work for display purposes, but that's about it.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#16 Posted: 22:49:14 08/02/2012
So they're BASICALLY rereleasing ALL(or at least alot of them) of the adventure skylanders, just in different poses? will they look any different in-game? have new abilities? if its the latter 2 things i asked, then its def. worth the money to buy them otherwise they might be on the backburner for my collection lol.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#17 Posted: 22:56:24 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: terranakari
So they're BASICALLY rereleasing ALL(or at least alot of them) of the adventure skylanders, just in different poses? will they look any different in-game? have new abilities? if its the latter 2 things i asked, then its def. worth the money to buy them otherwise they might be on the backburner for my collection lol.

based on the interviews i've watched relating to existing characters ... they won't look any different in the game and they won't have new abilities
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#18 Posted: 23:06:41 08/02/2012
Quote: t7gga
Quote: terranakari

based on the interviews i've watched relating to existing characters ... they won't look any different in the game and they won't have new abilities

then ill still buy them but only AFTER ive purchased every other (original and other)skylander and giant.

anyone wonder if there will be Giant Adventure packs? lol
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
lippyskillz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1371
#19 Posted: 23:05:16 22/02/2012
All the remodelled ones are probably just legendary versions or something like that. I makes sense seeing as only 28 will be remodelled and we have 4 legendaries..
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#20 Posted: 23:25:59 22/02/2012
We have seen a couple of remodelled figs already and they are simply different poses, not the Legendary palette swap.

So, great theory but I fear it is a hypothesis that has already been disproven.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
dominator22 Green Sparx Gems: 271
#21 Posted: 02:22:23 23/02/2012
I will NOT be wasting my money on the EXACT same skylander in a different pose!!! There must be some kind of difference?!
---
My Skylanders: ( smilie smilie smilie ) ( smilie smilie ) ( smilie ) ( smilie smilie ) ( smilie smilie ) ( smilie smilie smilie ) ( smilie smilie ) ( smilie smilie smilie )
#22 Posted: 03:09:35 23/02/2012
I think you under-estimate the power of the dark side, err..., I mean Activision's desire to milk this.

There will be people who will do exactly that or, at least, buy a fig that they did not buy before as they did not like how it looked, etc.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
tiker Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#23 Posted: 03:16:45 23/02/2012
I read somewhere that they will have slightly different abilities in game but other than that they're mostly the same. The fact that they're not compatible with the original game would hint towards something being different about the characters.

(That or they just changed the way the data is stored on the new characters after the hack from Nov. 2011.)
---
Collection List and image
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#24 Posted: 03:21:48 23/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
I think you under-estimate the power of the dark side, err..., I mean Activision's desire to milk this.

^ This.

People will end up buying characters they missed before if they are easier to find in the re-released figures. Others will jump on the wagon to buy a second to have another for the secondary path if they didnt do it already. Others will get them just cause its part of the collection. I dont believe we've really heard much about the level cap above 10 either. Heaven forbid they do another path choice rather than just allowing us to get the other one.
#25 Posted: 03:26:59 23/02/2012
Quote: tiker
I read somewhere that they will have slightly different abilities in game but other than that they're mostly the same. The fact that they're not compatible with the original game would hint towards something being different about the characters.

(That or they just changed the way the data is stored on the new characters after the hack from Nov. 2011.)

Please reference as I have not seen any mention of new abilities in the sequel, dependent on the re-modeled fig or not.

Also, to clarify, the "not compatible in the original game" premise was one interpretation of a sentence in a video, not the definitive one. The question was something like "Will the new figurines work in the original game" where the context was really around Giants and the new characters, not the re-models.

To be honest, a misinterpretation too often becomes gospel - viz a viz the whole "spend $100 at TRU to get the Legend Trigger Happy fig" thing...
---
Soylent Green is People!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#26 Posted: 14:45:07 23/02/2012
I think I'll probably pick up the remodeled set. I absolutely love the figures, and I've collected far worse looking variations of other lines figures. There's a few though, that I'll be thinking twice about. I'll have 3 of Bash (the Leg./reg figs now, and probably Blue Bash eventually), 2 Ignitors, 2 Drill Sarges, 4 of Spyro (2 Dark Spyro, one regular, one Leg.) and 3 Chop Chops (One regular, one custom and one legendary) so I don't know if I'll get those because I've already tried out the other paths.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
tiker Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#27 Posted: 15:57:45 23/02/2012

Please reference as I have not seen any mention of new abilities in the sequel, dependent on the re-modeled fig or not.

Also, to clarify, the "not compatible in the original game" premise was one interpretation of a sentence in a video, not the definitive one. The question was something like "Will the new figurines work in the original game" where the context was really around Giants and the new characters, not the re-models.

To be honest, a misinterpretation too often becomes gospel - viz a viz the whole "spend $100 at TRU to get the Legend Trigger Happy fig" thing...

Give me a few to see if I can locate it again. I didn't search for the link and post in my previous message because I'm new to this forum and haven't read the rules on links yet. smilie
---
Collection List and image
#28 Posted: 23:09:35 23/02/2012
Quote: tiker

Give me a few to see if I can locate it again. I didn't search for the link and post in my previous message because I'm new to this forum and haven't read the rules on links yet. smilie

Cool, thanks. Don't fret, it is all good - and welcome to the forum!
---
Soylent Green is People!
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#29 Posted: 21:22:28 25/02/2012
I am going to get the Zook remodel for sure and probably the others but I do no know hmmm
---
Green Bean Machine
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#30 Posted: 15:06:10 26/02/2012
I will only get Voodood remodeled.... I like the other models as they are... and if their as hard to find as the first set, count me out. Really hope they fix that.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#31 Posted: 00:11:29 29/02/2012
I've figured it out... Again. Ok, so 4 Skylanders won't be remade?

Slam Bam, Ghost Roaster, Terrafin and Sunburn. The 4 adventure pack characters. I mean, if you could buy those on their own then you would have no reason to buy the adventure packs.
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#32 Posted: 00:17:32 29/02/2012
I think the characters that aren't going to be remade are Terrafin, Slam Bam, Ghost Roaster, Sunburn, Chop Chop, Bash, Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#33 Posted: 01:24:04 29/02/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
I've figured it out... Again. Ok, so 4 Skylanders won't be remade?

Slam Bam, Ghost Roaster, Terrafin and Sunburn. The 4 adventure pack characters. I mean, if you could buy those on their own then you would have no reason to buy the adventure packs.

I think that'd depend on if they keep making the adventure packs and how compatible they'd be with Giants (like, getting a level maybe or whatever). To me, it'd seem like Spyro, Gil Grunt, Trigger Happy and Dark Spyro would be the ones they're no remaking, but in all honesty, they'll have to make characters available that won't be when Giants comes out (so, those four I listed would have to be available for people to buy since the starter packs won't be sold any more)

Hmm....
---
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#34 Posted: 01:53:21 29/02/2012
I cant remember who it was, but someone brought up all the characters that are also legendary, Spyro, Trigger Happy, Bash, and Chop Chop. They're already a bunch of spyro's and trigger happys from the first game (notice how they had no characters on the shelf but like 20+ starter packs with spyro, gill, and trig? They made A TON of spyros and trigger happys. So, obviously TFB is all about money at this moment, why throw out all the extra spyros and trigs that dont sell? Sell them individually to people who didnt buy the first skylanders. I could be over thinkin this (actually I am) but idk. Just really curious i guess....
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#35 Posted: 06:01:03 29/02/2012
I think Bionicle might be onto something. I couldn't see Spyro not being remade, even though he has three incarnations, just because a lot of people who will be playing will probably be fans of the original game (which was subtitled "Spyro's Adventure"). But it would make sense to perhaps not do the Adventure Pack characters (although I would personally not mind any of them being remade!).

Either way, unless someone is posed in a totally awesome way, I can't see myself going for the re-posed figures. I'll probably cave and do so anyway, especially if using the old figures would cause problems on the original games, but I would like to try and exercise a bit more restraint this time around.

On another note, I wonder if the 3DS version will get another "exclusive" and a different starting lineup. I wonder how that would work with the Giants; presumably they would have to make whichever Giant they packaged with it available to buy individually (but then we're left with the issue the 3DS one had this time around in that it isn't possible to obtain some of the characters).
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:02:57 29/02/2012 by Sunny Castanets
Flameslinger2 Green Sparx Gems: 203
#36 Posted: 14:07:12 03/03/2012
i thought they were originally only going to put out four remakes
---
Owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#37 Posted: 18:23:20 03/03/2012
No, they're doing four light-up versions that will be in the same poses as the current versions, but with parts that light up on them (Prism Break is confirmed as one, who has light-up prisms). There are 24 of them that are being re-designed with no lights, but will be in different poses.
---
#38 Posted: 22:03:02 03/03/2012
Hmmm ya know.

24 redesigns plus 4 light ups is 28. That's 4 shy of the original 32. And coincidentally, there's 4 found only in the Adventure Packs.

From that, I would guess that Terrafin, Sunburn, Ghost Roaster and Slam Bam probably won't be resculpted.
---
the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#39 Posted: 23:14:41 03/03/2012
Which could possibly mean that the adventure packs work in Giants. Just a theory but if Terrafin, Ghost Roaster, Slam Bam, and Sunburn are the only ones not to get a redesign or have a light up feature then my theory maybe true. Lets only hope, since the item and adventure figures seem to have no use in Giants as of right now.
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#40 Posted: 10:15:38 05/03/2012
Same could be said with the Volcanic Vault also.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#41 Posted: 12:32:10 05/03/2012
That would be great if they designed some new levels to use the Adventure Pack pieces on!
---
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#42 Posted: 23:03:18 05/03/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
That would be great if they designed some new levels to use the Adventure Pack pieces on!

Yes, I would love to see the return of the sea dogs.

But not the card games.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#43 Posted: 16:31:52 10/03/2012
I bet they will redisn Spyro
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Flameslinger2 Green Sparx Gems: 203
#44 Posted: 19:44:32 10/03/2012
Quote: joerox123
I bet they will redisn Spyro

well based off of spyroflame0487 theory they will and i think his theory probably is correct
---
Owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me