darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Can fit two giants on the portal at the same time...
Page 1 of 1
Can fit two giants on the portal at the same time... [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1 Posted: 13:02:28 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
But I honestly can't see how you would be able to put on an extra like the Time Twister or a larger expansion pack item like the Crypt or Pirate Ship.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#2 Posted: 13:05:39 08/02/2012
Maybe they'll finally let you use more than one portal at a time?
#3 Posted: 13:09:20 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I doubt it, but we shall see...

I pity people who use their 3DS portal on a console/PC as those are even smaller.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#4 Posted: 13:18:01 08/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
I doubt it, but we shall see...

I pity people who use their 3DS portal on a console/PC as those are even smaller.

Mine didn't work on the 360 :/ I was going to use it when I played the other day to save having to get the 360 one out :/
#5 Posted: 13:22:52 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Strange? This is not the correct forum for it but I would investigate that further as, by rights, it should.

To clarify, you did try to connect it via USB cable, right?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#6 Posted: 13:29:19 08/02/2012
The only portal working on the X360 is the X360 portal due to some specifications from Microsoft.

Also, for the ones using the 3DS Portal, well on the 3DS it's useless to put two figures at the same time on the portal. So this portal is not designed to do this, so if you use it on like your PS3, well normally you still have the PS3 portal that came with the game right?
#7 Posted: 13:40:04 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Reimu
The only portal working on the X360 is the X360 portal due to some specifications from Microsoft.

Also, for the ones using the 3DS Portal, well on the 3DS it's useless to put two figures at the same time on the portal. So this portal is not designed to do this, so if you use it on like your PS3, well normally you still have the PS3 portal that came with the game right?

For the Xbox compatibility, is that conjecture or are you referencing something that I am not aware of?

I ask because I know that the wireless protocol used by XBox is proprietary but don't believe that they mucked around with the USB ports. Case in point, the Wii USB microphone for DJ Hero 2 works on XBox. I believe that if they tried to muck with the USB protocol, then the XBox portal would not work on a PC or Mac.

I can also speak from experience when I say that the 3DS portal is smaller but handles 2 chars and an expansion item (like Time Twister) fine. Sure, it is a much snugger fit on the portal but it still works. Just because it is not utilised that way in the 3DS game, does not mean that the portal cannot handle it at all.
---
Soylent Green is People!
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#8 Posted: 22:33:31 08/02/2012
Maybe they're going to be making a new portal for the new game? and just make it bigger? *shrugs*
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#9 Posted: 22:54:05 08/02/2012
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: terranakari
Maybe they're going to be making a new portal for the new game? and just make it bigger? *shrugs*

I doubt it, because there's an option to get a version of the Starter Pack that doesn't come with the portal.

yea just saw the other posts that say that =( so yea prob. not LOL. I think they prob. made room still. =3
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#10 Posted: 11:34:21 12/02/2012
I agree with you here. They say you can fit two giants on the portal for co-op mode or PvP, but sometimes I have difficulty fitting two normal Skylanders onto the portal when they are both some of the larger ones. Plus, with the addition of Adventure Pack items, I can't see this working out. Despite this, the concept of the game seems good, although I think the Skylanders Giants starter pack may need a bigger portal featured in it, or perhaps you could buy one seperately. This would be good as people whom had not bought the original Skylanders could still get a fitting portal the game, and people who did already have the original Skylanders could decide whether they wanted to fork out on another slightly larger portal so that they could have more figures and items on the portal at the same time.
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#11 Posted: 14:35:49 12/02/2012
...The item doesn't have to be on the circular area of the portal to work. It can be hanging off a little bit.

I use my 3DS portal for my console and when me and my girlfriend play I put on two skylanders and an item. Sure they hang slightly over the edge but they still get read...and it saves me on batteries.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Blazier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#12 Posted: 02:24:37 03/03/2012
I do not want to go buy a new portal so i hope two giants fit
---
BLAZIER APPROVED
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#13 Posted: 15:02:45 03/03/2012
Quote: Blazier
I do not want to go buy a new portal so i hope two giants fit

The new portals would be the exact same size as the old ones. They're the same.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ryan516 Red Sparx Gems: 34
#14 Posted: 00:10:27 04/03/2012
Sweet, hope the new portal works on Wii from 3DS
kingspyro Green Sparx Gems: 459
#15 Posted: 04:20:58 06/03/2012
you are able to fit two giants on a portal at once it was said at the game fair
---
. owns all released except smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me