First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
What do you hope to see [CLOSED]
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#51 Posted: 23:49:56 15/02/2012
Quote: D-Rex
Quote: spyrathedragon

And I don't just like the console versions for the graphics, I like it for the gameplay and the story line. The 3DS version is changed around way too much for me, and I like the more 3-D, un-pixelly look. Besides, I think the characters look better in the console versions than the 3DS.

Alright, that's perfectly fine.

Yet, if you like the gameplay on the console versions but don't like the 3DS version's gameplay... why the need for jumping? Diablo and Gauntlet are similar games and they don't have jumping and they don't feel restricted at all.

Because, since my childhood, I'm so used to games that have jumping, I'm used to it, and it feels abnormal.

now get out
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#52 Posted: 00:14:56 16/02/2012

Because, since my childhood, I'm so used to games that have jumping, I'm used to it, and it feels abnormal.

Sounds like you grew up with a steady diet of platforming games or games with mild to heavy platforming elements in them. Not every game has jumping, and it sounds like you missed out on some great games. Never even played a Legend of Zelda or a Pokemon game? Those games don't have jumping. Unless you count the leap attacks in the 3D Zeldas. Ledgehopping I put on the same level as the bounce pads in Skylanders.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Flameslinger2 Green Sparx Gems: 203
#53 Posted: 00:54:33 16/02/2012
^ i second D-Rex those games are amazing who needs jumping when you can do other cool stuff or if the games just flat out appealing smilie
---
Owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#54 Posted: 02:00:25 16/02/2012

Sounds like you grew up with a steady diet of platforming games or games with mild to heavy platforming elements in them. Not every game has jumping, and it sounds like you missed out on some great games. Never even played a Legend of Zelda or a Pokemon game? Those games don't have jumping. Unless you count the leap attacks in the 3D Zeldas. Ledgehopping I put on the same level as the bounce pads in Skylanders.

Maybe because I'm not interested? Maybe because I don't have the money? Maybe because I don't care?

Maybe because I don't care?

Mainly because I don't give a crap?

I don't like Pokemon. It's overrated and I've heard so much about it, it's annoying. Link just isn't my style.

I like RPG and Adventure platforming games.

sorry, bro. im not missing out on anything.

i have my own way that i do things, you have your's.

now get out
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#55 Posted: 03:02:28 16/02/2012

I like RPG and Adventure platforming games.

RPG games? Like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger? I don't think those had any jumping either.

Quote:
sorry, bro. im not missing out on anything.

Oh, but you have. If you've played a bit of dungeon hack and slash games like Diablo or Gauntlet, which console Skylanders is based off of, you'd know that jumping isn't really needed.

And again, 3DS Skylanders has jumping, and it does it brilliantly. I know you've said you've no care for handleheld gaming, but 3DS Skylanders seems to be exactly what you're looking for. If you loved classic Crash and Spyro, Skylanders on the 3DS is so much like that.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:03:39 16/02/2012 by D-Rex
#56 Posted: 03:35:58 16/02/2012
both of you shut up this is a public forum anyone can see this and youre making fools out of yourselves! Who cares what either of you like i agree jumping is a nice feature but there are tons of good games that dont involve jumping so both of you stop it!
---
Owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#57 Posted: 03:47:02 16/02/2012
Quote: Flameslinger2
both of you shut up this is a public forum anyone can see this and youre making fools out of yourselves! Who cares what either of you like i agree jumping is a nice feature but there are tons of good games that dont involve jumping so both of you stop it!

All I said was that I wanted jumping.

then some other kid said "lolol 3DS version sez hi", and I didn't care. All I said was a simple, calm opinion, and he went off on me.

I kept saying that I didn't care at all, and they kept shoving it down my throat, when I obviously didn't care at all.

That's when these 10-year-olds were starting to piss me off when they didn't notice that I didn't care. Especially when they went off on my for not liking some types of games and "missing out". It doesn't mean I don't like all games that don't have jumping. I love Wizard 101, and that jumping has no purpose what-so-ever. It's just an emote.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#58 Posted: 03:54:10 16/02/2012
Monsinour you actually made me laugh out loud.

Guys Spyra just wants his damn jump button...leave him be. (I hope they leave it out personally but he should be able to have his dreams)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:14 16/02/2012 by Tigorus
#59 Posted: 04:12:34 16/02/2012

then some other kid said "lolol 3DS version sez hi", and I didn't care. All I said was a simple, calm opinion, and he went off on me.

I kept saying that I didn't care at all, and they kept shoving it down my throat, when I obviously didn't care at all.

Went off? Where on Earth did I go off? I wasn't trying to shove anything down anyone's throat, I was just making some suggestions and citing games that didn't have any jumping. If I seemed hostile, I apologize, that wasn't my intention. While I'll admit, I might've been rather pushy about the subject, I was simply trying to speak up for the defense of a lack of a jump button in a game that really doesn't need it, while recommending the version that DID have jumping.

Well, that's enough of that then. Again, I apologize if I seemed pushy.
---
#60 Posted: 04:18:56 16/02/2012
Oh boy I since a lock down is incoming. This thread is super derailed. Let's bring it back shall we? Spyra do you just want jumping for the sake of being able to jump or do you actually think it will enhance gameplay? I'm not trolling just curious. I'm a fan of the jump pads because it's not used all that often. Plus how would you solve the problem of losing an attack button?
#61 Posted: 04:21:26 16/02/2012
i agree it would be cool for a jump button they could move the extra attack to one of the trigger buttons or something
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#62 Posted: 04:25:12 16/02/2012
A jump button will destroy the PvP of the game. You will end up with players that do nothing that spam the jump button as they bounce around like a cracked out pogo stick with attacks hoping to get in lucky shots and avoid damage rather than actually trying to have quality matches.
ISlingZeFlames Red Sparx Gems: 82
#63 Posted: 04:52:09 16/02/2012
Wow... I wanted a jump button too... *creeps back into corner*

What's the topic again? Oh yeah I hope to see um... um... WORLD PEACE!

But seriously, let me collect all the hats or remove the blank spots for the ones unobtainable to my console. I don't know why but that bothers me. smilie
---
Own-{smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie} {smilie smilie}
#64 Posted: 04:53:40 16/02/2012
Quote: ISlingZeFlames
Wow... I wanted a jump button too... *creeps back into corner*

What's the topic again? Oh yeah I hope to see um... um... WORLD PEACE!

But seriously, let me collect all the hats or remove the blank spots for the ones unobtainable to my console. I don't know why but that bothers me. smilie

it bothers me too i cant find an empire of ice pack yet though online that isnt priced up the ***
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:54:04 16/02/2012 by Flameslinger2
#65 Posted: 05:16:51 16/02/2012
I also hope to have the defensive stat actually effect How much damage you take and to quit acting like an evasion stat. I don't mind an evasion stat but dont trick me. Took me way too long to figure out what the defense actually did in the game smilie
---
Own-{smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie smilie smilie} {smilie smilie} {smilie smilie}
#66 Posted: 05:19:54 16/02/2012
I also hope to have the defensive stat actually effect How much damage you take and to quit acting like an evasion stat. I don't mind an evasion stat but dont trick me. Took me way too long to figure out what the defense actually did in the game smilie

I assume when you say Defense you're talking about the Armor stat. I also took "Armor" to mean damage mitigation but in the game's defense it does say "makes you harder to hit". I'm just used to armor being just that, more padding and making that hit not hurt so bad...oh well.
#67 Posted: 05:20:31 16/02/2012
i dont have the console version yet i got the figures that came with it from my friend for free but i still need to get just the game so idk wut thats like
---
#68 Posted: 05:23:52 16/02/2012
i dont have the console version yet i got the figures that came with it from my friend for free but i still need to get just the game so idk wut thats like

Do you at least have Flameslinger yet...He's amazing...I originally went Marks but he's actually more powerful (at least I believe he is) as Pyro. The game is fun on the consoles. You should get it while Toys R Us is having a sale this week. All versions of the game are $39.99...get it now.
#69 Posted: 05:25:46 16/02/2012
yes i do it shows all the figures i have in my sig and yeah he does seem very powerful in some cases i think hes better than stump smash
---
#70 Posted: 05:27:36 16/02/2012
yes i do it shows all the figures i have in my sig and yeah he does seem very powerful in some cases i think hes better than stump smash

Yeah he is more powerful then old stumpy and yes I'm blind...I need to go to bed.
#71 Posted: 05:31:25 16/02/2012
yeah me too but stump smash is a beast
---
#72 Posted: 05:46:11 16/02/2012
He is but Pyro Slinger is amazing.
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#73 Posted: 05:49:23 16/02/2012
THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVA!!!!!11!!!

*munches on popcorn*
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#74 Posted: 06:30:08 16/02/2012
I definitely like the idea of having a bank to deposit gold into to distribute with other Skylanders.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#75 Posted: 06:37:31 16/02/2012
^Yes, they should have a bank of some sort, and a counting clock too! Would be nice to see how long a stage is taking to finish....
I'm on the fence about a jump button....but they could pick up the speed a little like the 3Ds!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
#76 Posted: 12:19:23 16/02/2012
Quote: Tigorus

I assume when you say Defense you're talking about the Armor stat. I also took "Armor" to mean damage mitigation but in the game's defense it does say "makes you harder to hit". I'm just used to armor being just that, more padding and making that hit not hurt so bad...oh well.

Yep... Totally meant armor.
---
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#77 Posted: 14:27:57 16/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord
A jump button will destroy the PvP of the game. You will end up with players that do nothing that spam the jump button as they bounce around like a cracked out pogo stick with attacks hoping to get in lucky shots and avoid damage rather than actually trying to have quality matches.

^ this

i ALWAYS destroy flameslinger with my stump smash. but maybe it's just me...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#78 Posted: 14:32:28 16/02/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I definitely like the idea of having a bank to deposit gold into to distribute with other Skylanders.

me too because its completely useless to have the gold after they have all their upgrades unless they make a small store in-game or something that you can use to customize your skylander somehow
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#79 Posted: 16:38:03 16/02/2012
Quote: voodude
Quote: GothamLord

^ this

i ALWAYS destroy flameslinger with my stump smash. but maybe it's just me...

you could eliminate jumping in the arena, but have it in game.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#80 Posted: 16:57:59 16/02/2012
Ripto and Bianca as playables. I just want to fry something, perhaps sheep, with the fireballs from Ripto shoots!
---
Keep smile
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#81 Posted: 16:58:47 16/02/2012
Then we'll just hear people complaining that the arena is nerfed because they cant use all their moves. Adding jump in the game itself and maintaining the teather aspect will make co-op problematic. Just to many issue to add the feature now.
#82 Posted: 17:38:06 16/02/2012
This game really needs more unlockables. An in game store with an option to purchase alternate outfits, additional hats, maybe even a new gear slot like say like a cape.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#83 Posted: 21:26:57 16/02/2012
To be honest, I'd still like jumping in it.

Also, more items to unlock, like Tigorus has stated. And I'd still like to see some old faces return.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#84 Posted: 23:32:54 16/02/2012
Quote: RadSpyro
To be honest, I'd still like jumping in it.

Also, more items to unlock, like Tigorus has stated. And I'd still like to see some old faces return.

These.

/hides/
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#85 Posted: 00:02:15 17/02/2012
I think it goes just fine without jumping, but that's just me.

I want to see GOOD old faces return and more kinds of items to unlock.
Of course and some good characters (moves and gameplay wise) and maybe some more fun minigames.
---
but i love it all smooth
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#86 Posted: 00:21:01 17/02/2012
I want boomer to become uglier.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#87 Posted: 00:24:19 17/02/2012
Quote: Rays

I agree. Who needs generic bishounens or pretty half dragons when you can have classy yet ugly mugs like this guy blowing stuff up?

[User Posted Image]
---
#88 Posted: 00:25:42 17/02/2012

I agree. Who needs generic bishounens or pretty half dragons when you can have classy yet ugly mugs like this guy blowing stuff up?

[User Posted Image]

That picture is perfect. Boomer should look like it.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#89 Posted: 00:50:47 17/02/2012

[User Posted Image]

But why? couldnt he just look like this?
[User Posted Image]
---
#90 Posted: 04:14:34 17/02/2012

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Nope. Because Boomer is underrated and awesome.

He will look like this.

[User Posted Image]
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#91 Posted: 04:33:38 17/02/2012
OMG, half the thread is gone, LOL. Honestly, I hope that the redesigns are of popular characters so that those who missed them the first time around, have a second chance.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#92 Posted: 04:35:57 17/02/2012

[User Posted Image]

Nope. Because Boomer is underrated and awesome.

He will look like this.

[User Posted Image]

i agree he is awesome and way too underrated that is pretty cool ^
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#93 Posted: 19:40:24 20/02/2012
I remarked that boomer have no body.
He's just a head with limb attached on it.
If he have an actual body he will probably look like this
[User Posted Image]
---
THE END IS NEAR
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#94 Posted: 19:56:10 20/02/2012
^ Hnnghh. Glumshank-esque Boomer.

Actually, it'd be nice if we had Glumshanks in this game. It's probably a long shot, but they could have him with like some sort of mechanical device or something.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#95 Posted: 21:16:18 20/02/2012
^You just gave me the perfect idea. After you beat kaos, you have to beat glumshanks.
---
PortalMaster #517721
SpyroForever Red Sparx Gems: 87
#96 Posted: 21:33:08 20/02/2012
I want classic characters. Hunter, Shiela, Sgt. Byrd, etc.
---
Long live the dragon! smilie smilie smilie
Skylanders Collection: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#97 Posted: 23:49:38 20/02/2012
Sgt. Byrd would be the best one^
---
bornsc Red Sparx Gems: 60
#98 Posted: 21:29:54 21/02/2012
Funny enough I just got through creating my Top 10 Skylanders Giants Features Wishlist, some of the stuff you guys mentioned is included on there. I do agree about making a money pot that all your Skylanders contribute to, instead of each Skylander having their own money. I think the reason they did that is in case you take your Skylander to a friends house - you can still upgrade your stuff with the money you had. I understand why they'd do that. Tell me where you'd actually be storing your money, if not on your Skylander? Would you want to have another figurine, perhaps like Monopoly's money bags, which could store all your money? And then you take that with you? I see potential ways around the problem,
---
Top 10 Reasons Skylanders is Awesome |See guestbook for my chars
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:17 21/02/2012 by bornsc
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#99 Posted: 02:39:35 22/02/2012
I honestly would have liked Boomer better if he were uglier. It would make him a much cooler-looking troll. Maybe we'll have luck with a similar new ogre skylander or something.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:52 22/02/2012 by SilentButDeadly
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#100 Posted: 17:48:38 22/02/2012

[User Posted Image]

gallywix? what the? tyrande-stealth elf next?
also just a thought. will the new game have the soul gems and will new levels have the old characters' ones?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me