First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Too Early? [CLOSED]
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#101 Posted: 00:46:51 09/02/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182
"Butthurt" means you are acting like some sulky kid who just got spanked on the butt. It's a common internet phrase, especially on forums. I have seen it used countless times on this forum.

irregardless isnt a word and yet people still use it. It doesnt make them appear any more intelligent, just vastly less intelligent. No ammount of appealing to websters is going to get it included into the dictionary.

butthurt falls into the "i have a poor vocabulary and cannot express myself or my feelings in a proper manner." If you are going to continue to use that term, more and more people will ignore you as an imature kiddie, myself included.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
ShaqUoh Ripto Gems: 12
#102 Posted: 00:52:09 09/02/2012
Quote: Kariana
Quote: ShaqUoh
Skylanders... Fall 2011. Skylanders 2... Fall 2012.

It isn't 2000 anymore. Games take more than 1 year to make decently.

Exactly, most games made now in a year don't come out that good, but I trust that Activision will do good with this one.

I regret to inform you the final part of your statement is naive. Activision's 1 year games have not been good since the PS1 era.
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#103 Posted: 00:57:33 09/02/2012
Quote:
I regret to inform you the final part of your statement is naive. Activision's 1 year games have not been good since the PS1 era.

But this game is not about game content, it can actually be really bad. It's all about figures!
---
smilie
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#104 Posted: 01:11:49 09/02/2012
Quote: Kariana
Skylanders... Fall 2011. Skylanders 2... Fall 2012.

It isn't 2000 anymore. Games take more than 1 year to make decently.

Exactly, most games made now in a year don't come out that good, but I trust that Activision will do good with this one.

This is what could kill the series very fast. All of the planets aligned and pretty much everything worked out in order to make Skylanders a success. Any number of things could have killed it right out of the starting gate, including

If the toys weren't good, the game would fail
If the toys were too expensive, the game would fail
If the technology didn't work well, the game would fail
If the game itself wasn't good, the game would fail
If the game wasn't released at just the right time, the game would fail

They managed to pull it all off by having great toys with great character design, a reasonable price point for the figures, technology that works almost flawlessly, a fun and well made game, and they released it a couple months before Christmas, just long enough for it to get enough exposure before the Christmas rush. Really, it's a miracle that this game has been a successful as it has been, and I have to wonder if they had any hope that the game would last long enough for them to even justify releasing all of the toys.

All of those requirements had to be met for the game to become a hit, and if even ONE of those aspects gets botched, it could severely cripple a sequel. If they rush out a sloppily made, mediocre sequel with little innovation to the gameplay, it could instantly destroy the whole franchise. When you add the fact that the new toys are likely going to be more expensive, I hold very little hope of this series surviving past two games.

I could be overreacting, but let's hope they don't mess up. The popularity and success of this series is like a poorly maintained ropebridge. It's holding together, but it's extremely flimsy, and one big misstep could make the whole thing collapse.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#105 Posted: 01:19:30 09/02/2012
Isn't it possible that when developing the first game that they had so many ideas that they couldn't put them all in? So, they decided to save a bunch of quality ideas for a sequel? It's obvious, based on one of the scrolls, that they already had the giants in mind for a second game when making the first. Let's not rush to judgement on this new game when we haven't seen more than a glimpse to this point.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#106 Posted: 01:28:41 09/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
Isn't it possible that when developing the first game that they had so many ideas that they couldn't put them all in? So, they decided to save a bunch of quality ideas for a sequel? It's obvious, based on one of the scrolls, that they already had the giants in mind for a second game when making the first. Let's not rush to judgement on this new game when we haven't seen more than a glimpse to this point.

This. Nothing in the video game industry happens overnight. I'm fairly certain that most of Giants was fleshed out before Skylanders came out.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#107 Posted: 01:39:51 09/02/2012
That's all well good an all, but how will this game treat are original Skylanders? As Wired Dad said, nothing of that nature as been seen at the Toy fair. Also, by looking back in Feb 2011, this was the same stance that I stood in when Skylanders was first mentioned . . . and from then on nothing really changed much from what they gave us during those first couple of months to what we have now.

As it stands, its not looking too impressive . . . I just hope TFB actually has some game development sense, in such a way, that they will not just focus on the Giants, but on your other Skylanders from the previous game as well.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#108 Posted: 01:40:57 09/02/2012
Quote: Tigorus

This. Nothing in the video game industry happens overnight. I'm fairly certain that most of Giants was fleshed out before Skylanders came out.

Forgive us. We've been trained by the video game industry as of late that sequels don't work like that anymore. smilie Typically if there's a sequel, it's not because they had too many ideas to fit it all in the first game. Often they don't have enough ideas for ONE game, let alone two. smilie

Of course not all sequels are like that, and despite my dramatics, I really hope Giants ISN'T like that. It's just that these days it's pretty hard not to think of sequels in that way. smilie
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#109 Posted: 01:41:45 09/02/2012
I'm not blocking anyone, CAV (not that I asked). And I didn't care for your hypocrite comment earlier, either. Last time I checked, this is a forum about a video game, and if you take the time to create an account, you probably like the game. I know, that's a pretty strong statement. For someone to spout off reasons (that don't even make sense, TBH) that a second game should not be released in such a forum seems the bigger offense to me. Especially from a guy that hasn't even played the original game. So you've played the game. Good for you. I still haven't seen a good reason why Activision shouldn't release a sequel. It's gonna sell. Who are you to say they should take more time in development? They make the game. They know what they're doing.

You'd be right if it wasn't for the fact that this forum isn't just dedicated to Skylanders. If you look at the top, there are other Spyro games. Some of those games he likes. Others he doesn't. Some he didn't play. Same with me. Same with you.

I didn't say it'd be a bad idea to make a sequel. I would like to see a sequel of Skylanders, but not this soon. I would've liked them to take their time and improve upon the original. This just makes it look like it'll be no different than the previous game. It's comments like those that you make that makes me want to pre-order the next CoD game, JUST to see how you guys would react, and if you would say the same things that I'm saying right now.
#110 Posted: 01:44:35 09/02/2012
They make the game. They know what they're doing.

In a perfect world, this would be true. In reality, this is often not the case.
---
ShaqUoh Ripto Gems: 12
#111 Posted: 01:54:11 09/02/2012
They make the game. They know what they're doing.

What did you just say, blasphemer?
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#112 Posted: 03:04:03 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Wow, I came back to see that my topic has the most posts in the whole Skylanders:Giants board.... smilie
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#113 Posted: 03:05:29 09/02/2012
I'm amazed at how fast this topic grew
Yesterday night it was only 1 page, maybe 2, ha.
---
but i love it all smooth
#114 Posted: 03:28:05 09/02/2012
Quote: CAV
I'm not blocking anyone, CAV (not that I asked). And I didn't care for your hypocrite comment earlier, either. Last time I checked, this is a forum about a video game, and if you take the time to create an account, you probably like the game. I know, that's a pretty strong statement. For someone to spout off reasons (that don't even make sense, TBH) that a second game should not be released in such a forum seems the bigger offense to me. Especially from a guy that hasn't even played the original game. So you've played the game. Good for you. I still haven't seen a good reason why Activision shouldn't release a sequel. It's gonna sell. Who are you to say they should take more time in development? They make the game. They know what they're doing.

You'd be right if it wasn't for the fact that this forum isn't just dedicated to Skylanders. If you look at the top, there are other Spyro games. Some of those games he likes. Others he doesn't. Some he didn't play. Same with me. Same with you.

I didn't say it'd be a bad idea to make a sequel. I would like to see a sequel of Skylanders, but not this soon. I would've liked them to take their time and improve upon the original. This just makes it look like it'll be no different than the previous game. It's comments like those that you make that makes me want to pre-order the next CoD game, JUST to see how you guys would react, and if you would say the same things that I'm saying right now.

The forums that I post on in here are the Skylander forums. I don't care about the other ones. And if someone doesn't care for this game I don't know why they would post in here.

Also, I'm not a big gamer, so you can talk all about CoD that you want and you'll get ignored by me. TBH the only reason I like this game is because my son loves it.

This whole "it's too soon" response just kills me, though. Why is it too soon? If they are ready to release a game they are happy with, let them do it. No one says you have to buy it.
---
#115 Posted: 04:02:51 09/02/2012
Don't you think that by taking their time on a game means that they can add more content, have better quality, and overall have more time to refine their ideas about the game? This is what I mean when I say that this game is coming out too early.

1 year of making a game, is not exactly a luxury, even though they are using the same engine also means that the amount of quality that they can dish out is limited. Yes, the original games did this, however, Insomniac, at least at the time, put out more mechanics, content, and quality in the Original Spyro games than any of the developers that followed.

Seeing this game coming out really fast, is just doing the exact same thing for Spyro's previous titles, and quite frankly it never goes well .

CAV and Brawler well have a different view on it I'm sure, but just because a Developer is happy to release a game doesn't mean its automatically good.
---
My Gallery
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#116 Posted: 07:56:45 09/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour
"Butthurt" means you are acting like some sulky kid who just got spanked on the butt. It's a common internet phrase, especially on forums. I have seen it used countless times on this forum.

irregardless isnt a word and yet people still use it. It doesnt make them appear any more intelligent, just vastly less intelligent. No ammount of appealing to websters is going to get it included into the dictionary.

butthurt falls into the "i have a poor vocabulary and cannot express myself or my feelings in a proper manner." If you are going to continue to use that term, more and more people will ignore you as an imature kiddie, myself included.

I'd consider it intelligent. It gets a point across that I would normally have to write a sentence for. Rather practical if you ask me. But if you want to be shallow and judge a person because of one word they used (a word I rarely use, too, meaning it's not a valid judge of my character) then be my guest.

I pretty much have the same view as Zackeio on this. I may be an LoS fan, but even I always thought they were released too quickly.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#117 Posted: 09:40:08 09/02/2012
I find it interesting that this topic has generated so many posts across 3 pages and no one has even considered that this game isn't a game with a massive production cost as many have come to expect with games these days. This is a children's game at the end of the day. We are talking about professional game developers working on a game without impressive graphics and a level design that, while clever, is not exactly inspired.

I mean, this game is not a triple A game. It would not surprise me if Giants has virtually no improvements with sound design, the visuals, etc. I hope at least we will get the glitches fixed, but honestly I don't mind if this game is a "rehash." Numerous sports games come out yearly with only a new camera angle and updated rosters, and the yearly CoD games still see success (regardless if it deserves it or not).

What I'm saying is this: If this game is nothing but more of the same with a few new features, fixed bugs and the new characters then I am happy. Again, this is a children's game. This game is quite fun even for me, and that is saying quite a lot if I'm playing a kids game. I like what I like, I don't need to verify my opinion or share my resume to make others listen to me. If logic and honesty doesn't help, then there's no point trying to convince others that my opinion matters. **shrugs**
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#118 Posted: 11:15:15 09/02/2012
a children game that is bought and played 90% by adults... that is not much of a children game i would say. either they set age labeling to 'everybody' or '16' then it at least will give you something that reflects the age group of the buyers.
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#119 Posted: 11:24:31 09/02/2012
Quote: kappapopm
a children game that is bought and played 90% by adults... that is not much of a children game i would say. either they set age labeling to 'everybody' or '16' then it at least will give you something that reflects the age group of the buyers.

90% of Skylanders players are adults? I'm sorry, but I can't see that. I would believe that 90% of adults who play this game also have kids who play this game, or they even play together -- but 90% of those who play this game are adults? No way.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#120 Posted: 11:32:59 09/02/2012
Quote: CopiousTurtle

90% of Skylanders players are adults? I'm sorry, but I can't see that. I would believe that 90% of adults who play this game also have kids who play this game, or they even play together -- but 90% of those who play this game are adults? No way.

you better believe it, after all there is no 7 year old that have the money to buy skylanders, its adults. they may have children but its the adult that end up playing the game more after the kid got tired of it. there are even adults here that have said they was more excited about the skylanders than their children, that is pretty much proof of how it is. even toy for bob have said there is more adults that buy and collect this game than children. on this forum it is more adults than children.... it all points to the 90% adults buy/play/collect skylanders more than the children the game was aimed at.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:34:03 09/02/2012 by kappapopm
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#121 Posted: 11:39:44 09/02/2012
Quote: CopiousTurtle

you better believe it, after all there is no 7 year old that have the money to buy skylanders, its adults. they may have children but its the adult that end up playing the game more after the kid got tired of it. there are even adults here that have said they was more excited about the skylanders than their children, that is pretty much proof of how it is. even toy for bob have said there is more adults that buy and collect this game than children. on this forum it is more adults than children.... it all points to the 90% adults buy/play/collect skylanders more than the children the game was aimed at.

No proof at all... In fact, the children just won't come on this forum, and not all the parents will come on this forum as well for their kids. Many people still doesn't use the forums that much. I still think that the game is more played by kids. Many of my friends have kids that are playing this game, but really not a lot of my friends are actually playing this game, except a couple of persons from work.
#122 Posted: 12:00:21 09/02/2012
even when toys for bob says it... its not proof enough... believe what you want then.
#123 Posted: 12:30:57 09/02/2012
TFB doesn't enter in each house to see who plays the game... For the collecting part I agree, but not for the playing part.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:31:21 09/02/2012 by Reimu
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#124 Posted: 13:18:05 09/02/2012
Imagine if TFB released Giants and it was improved greatly, and the gameplay was completely new, I bet a lot of people that criticize the release date would be surprised. smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#125 Posted: 13:50:37 09/02/2012
Personally, I don't want the gameplay to be a lot more sophisticated. Mainly because I want my son to continue to enjoy playing the game. Does every game that comes out have to be a complicated series of maps and secrets with blue-ray quality graphics that make it look like you're watching real life instead of playing a game? I don't think so.

This is a pretty basic game. And I like it that way. If you want something more, I'm sure you can find it without looking too hard.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#126 Posted: 14:01:11 09/02/2012
Personally, I don't want the gameplay to be a lot more sophisticated. Mainly because I want my son to continue to enjoy playing the game. Does every game that comes out have to be a complicated series of maps and secrets with blue-ray quality graphics that make it look like you're watching real life instead of playing a game? I don't think so.

This is a pretty basic game. And I like it that way. If you want something more, I'm sure you can find it without looking too hard.

I'm pretty sure your son may like it because he probably doesn't know any different. Like with me when I was a kid and was playing Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer and the demo of Spyro the Dragon on the PlayStation, I didn't know any different and instantly liked it. Although during my early teen years I did go through a time of thinking that I was getting too old for Spyro, but now I love the games again. LOL Have you played any of the classic Spyro games? I'm sure your child would like them, but probably not because of the 'old graphix' and 'old style of outdated gameplaz' smilie Don't take it so seriously, I'm joking. Edit: No offence.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:06:13 09/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#127 Posted: 14:19:58 09/02/2012

I have to agree with this. Add some basic new stuff (which they already promised), and I'm good with a game no different from the first, gameplay-wise.

It's all for fun or to pass time any way.
---
#128 Posted: 14:29:32 09/02/2012

I'd consider it intelligent. It gets a point across that I would normally have to write a sentence for. Rather practical if you ask me. But if you want to be shallow and judge a person because of one word they used (a word I rarely use, too, meaning it's not a valid judge of my character) then be my guest.

I pretty much have the same view as Zackeio on this. I may be an LoS fan, but even I always thought they were released too quickly.

Anyone who uses the n-word i judge as ignorant or racist. Seems fair to me kiddo.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Crokus Green Sparx Gems: 198
#129 Posted: 15:09:01 09/02/2012
I always get a laugh out of posts where the grammar police show up to correct someone, but have their own errors in the very same post...
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie]
#130 Posted: 15:19:41 09/02/2012
So . . . Let me get this straight . . . some of you guys are actually happy with them just releasing content and not giving two cents to care for the quality of the game say a few fixes to glitches from the previous installment and don't want the game too be complicated . . .

*sigh* If that be true, then you guys would probably buy every Mario Party game, every Guitar Hero Game, every EA Sports game and every Call of Duty game and be satisfied with it? Well, perhaps its obvious that you seem to prioritize on quantity not quality?

I however don't share this view. Mario games are simplistic paltformer games that add a lot of mechanics and content that doesn't make the game overly complicated but still gives the player a satisfying victory after completing a level or the entire game. Just because the game is simple doesn't mean its easy, however, Skylanders has yet to achieve that kind of quality yet. Some of you also seem to ignore the fact that there are other Spyro games that were before Skylanders. Some of the fans of Spyro are actually quite tired of seeing game after game after game just be this lackluster, quick money grab type games that publishers seem to always view Spyro as.

So what if they are a small development team, that doesn't mean that Activision can't give them the resources to polish the game more.

How does this all tie in with the game being released early? Less time on a game, means less quality that is put into it. All of these things, are a concern for some of us fans that have actually played the previous game.

Is it wrong for me to want more form TFB on the next Skylanders game? Is it wrong for me to say that I want the gameplay to be more based on my skill and decision making skills and not just smash two buttons? Is it wrong for me to say that I actually want some puzzles in the next game that if I mess up, I have to start over or a puzzle that can be solved in two or more different ways that will open a different route to take?
---
My Gallery
#131 Posted: 15:22:24 09/02/2012
Quote: Zackeio
So . . . Let me get this straight . . . some of you guys are actually happy with them just releasing content and not giving two cents to care for the quality of the game say a few fixes to glitches from the previous installment and don't want the game too be complicated . . .

Seriously, why do you assume that they don't care about the quality? Did you listen to what they said about Giants when they presented the game? Why do you think that there won't be quality in this game.

It's not because they do it in a year that the game won't be nice, won't be a quality game.
#132 Posted: 15:34:12 09/02/2012
Quote: Reimu

Seriously, why do you assume that they don't care about the quality? Did you listen to what they said about Giants when they presented the game? Why do you think that there won't be quality in this game.

It's not because they do it in a year that the game won't be nice, won't be a quality game.

You seem to forget my previous statements as well. As for what we have seen its nothing new, besides "Hey throw more money at us by buying this one gameplay gimmick that we've thrown in". Yes I did see the video with the Giant doing things like breaking rumble, picking up bolders, making bridges, and pulling an island to it . . . yeah, some of this stuff was in the first game, just done differently for the little skylanders to get through (Bombs, Cannons, Teleporting).

As it stands, the giants bring nothing new to the table.

Do you really think, that I think that people care more for quantity than quality? Its why I asked them a question . . . I can't hear their tone of voice through text, so I asked them, those two questions that you seemed to be inattentive to in my previous post.

We won't know how the game will be like until the game comes out, BUT that does not bar me from posting my concerns about how quickly and by the content they have shown us about the next game release.
---
My Gallery
#133 Posted: 15:45:39 09/02/2012
the giant and their function in the game is what bring the new to the game... jebus havent you watched the 'family gamer video' and the 'tree rex game play video' yet???....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:46:33 09/02/2012 by kappapopm
#134 Posted: 17:10:37 09/02/2012
O.k. let's look at this from another angle. Let's look at a little game called Diablo 3. It's been about 13 years since Diablo 2 and D3 has been in development for about half of that time (maybe more). Yet once this game is released (in true Blizzard fashion) it will be buggy as hell. So that kind of debunks the whole theory of time equals a perfect game. Now D3 will still be amazing and I already have a collectors edition on pre-order but it won't be perfect. Now I also agree that Giants is coming out sooner than expected but I will still wait and see what it has to offer before I pass judgement. I hope it's amazing because the gamplay with the giants looks fun as hell. Also guys come on don't kid yourselves and say it with me....THIS...IS...A...KIDS...GAME.....there. Just because an adult purchases the figures for their kids doesn't put them in the player demographic. I give my daughter lunch money for school, does that mean the school system should count me as another mouth to feed?....no. Just because you pay for something doesn't mean you are the end user and shouldn't be counted as such. I'd say 70% of parents buying the figs. for their kids will never pick up the controller.
#135 Posted: 17:13:39 09/02/2012
^ I agree with this. About D3 and all, and the 13 years wait.
#136 Posted: 18:38:35 09/02/2012
D3 will have its issues upon release. But comparing D3 to skylanders:giants is like comparing a caddy escalade to a power wheels escalade. While both are cars, neither one will have the same owners. Neither one will be perfect and have their own problems.

Just look at skylanders:spyro's adventure. There are problems with it now. There is a thead in the forum where we are collecting glitches and bugs and problems and issues. Honestly, I cant see how the end of chapter 21 bug was over looked before shipment. That is a huge problem.
---
My kids own :
#137 Posted: 19:37:43 09/02/2012
D3 will have its issues upon release. But comparing D3 to skylanders:giants is like comparing a caddy escalade to a power wheels escalade. While both are cars, neither one will have the same owners. Neither one will be perfect and have their own problems.

Just look at skylanders:spyro's adventure. There are problems with it now. There is a thead in the forum where we are collecting glitches and bugs and problems and issues. Honestly, I cant see how the end of chapter 21 bug was over looked before shipment. That is a huge problem.

At least for my part I wasn't really comparing Skylanders to D3. I was simply pointing out that just because something has a vastly long development time doesn't mean it will be perfect. Now obviously D3 will be better than D2 in most regards but it won't be perfect. I don't think Giants should get a quick judgment of it being a failure simply because it's coming out faster than the normal release schedule for the average sequel...that was all I was saying.
#138 Posted: 19:42:52 09/02/2012
I wasn't comparing Skylanders to D3 as well.
#139 Posted: 19:56:03 09/02/2012

At least for my part I wasn't really comparing Skylanders to D3. I was simply pointing out that just because something has a vastly long development time doesn't mean it will be perfect. Now obviously D3 will be better than D2 in most regards but it won't be perfect. I don't think Giants should get a quick judgment of it being a failure simply because it's coming out faster than the normal release schedule for the average sequel...that was all I was saying.

That is a matter of opinion and I do not share that opinion with you.
---
My kids own :
#140 Posted: 19:57:57 09/02/2012
The new skill system disappoints me. Sorry for the off-topic!
#141 Posted: 20:07:16 09/02/2012

That is a matter of opinion and I do not share that opinion with you.

So you wouldn't agree that in most regards D3 will be better than D2 in technical/art/skill system department and will be considered an improvement over D2??? Hmmmm that's interesting. To each their own I guess. Now one example I can think of where the sequel was considered a completely different game and absolute crap to the player base was Dragon Age 2. DAsmilie was an amazing game and well received by both critics and players while critics like DA2 for being different the majority of the DAsmilie fan base hated it (myself included). This is also an example of when developers should just leave things the way they are and add in a few tweaks here and there. I don't want a lot of changes in Giants since I fell in love with Skylanders the way it is. I want more of that. Most of the thing I want changed or added are online/technical improvements. They better leave the core of the game the way it is....they could stand to make it a little longer for us adults that want more.
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#142 Posted: 20:13:52 09/02/2012
If they don't put online mode in the game, then I am not going to buy it.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#143 Posted: 20:16:44 09/02/2012
Quote: Rays

there goes one customer out the door.... activision do you see what you did now????
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#144 Posted: 20:24:10 09/02/2012
Yeah too early; some dont even have all the toys they want yet, then almost right after they get them, they're will be another game AND all its toys wating for purchase??

May be too soon to tell, but this game doesn't even look very different from SA. Just more of the same on a larger scale.

Activison employee: 'Hey I know! Why make players pull on a chain to move a platform to cross a river when they can pull on an ISLAND to cross the SKY?!"
"Brilliant, we love it, make a game based on it!"
*End board meeting*

Don't get uppity with me, I'm having fun, I'll still give the game a full chance and give my final opinion when we see more.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#145 Posted: 20:25:43 09/02/2012

there goes one customer out the door.... activision do you see what you did now????

There is a 90% chance I won't get it because when they make a video game in one year it usually doesn't have online.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#146 Posted: 20:29:47 09/02/2012

There is a 90% chance I won't get it because when they make a video game in one year it usually doesn't have online.

i can tell you this right now, so you get the missing 10%.... its made with the same game engine as the first skylanders game that was originally made for the wii. so no online game play, there now you dont have to even think about getting it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:52 09/02/2012 by kappapopm
#147 Posted: 20:31:39 09/02/2012

i can tell you this right now, so you get the missing 10%.... its made with the same game engine as the first skylanders game that was originally made for the wii. so no online game play, there now you dont have to even think about getting it.

No way in h*ll I would get this game.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#148 Posted: 20:36:54 09/02/2012

I don't see how it is related? Can you explain me?
#149 Posted: 20:45:19 09/02/2012
Quote: Reimu

I don't see how it is related? Can you explain me?

same game engine... 8 months release... no time to rewrite for matchmaking system...
#150 Posted: 20:46:49 09/02/2012
Ok I see, thanks
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me