Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Hooray Activision! [CLOSED]
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#1 Posted: 22:06:23 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I just would like to congratulate Activision for the upcoming sequel of the Skylanders franchise. I have not been following the forums for a while but it is good to hear that Skylanders is not just a one off game. I am also happy to learn that all of the current figures are going to be supported in this sequel. This does not only make all figures "valuable" and "collectible" but it will also allow me and other Skylander fans to enjoy the figures that we've work so hard to collect and hunt.

I do hope to hear some good news regarding online PVP. I've lost interest in playing the game (I still have some unleveled figures) but I would definitely spend a lot of time doing PVP if it would be available as an online experience.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 22:07:14 07/02/2012
This sequel seems far to early. The game will just be re-hash.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 22:10:24 07/02/2012
I'm also glad to be seeing a sequel (which won't be out until fall, sonicbrawler182, so calm down).

But the number of figures is a bit excessive. They should have just added the 8 giants. It's going to be cost prohibitive quickly at this rate. Parents (i.e. ME) won't go for it at some point. I'm already thinking about just adding the giants in the next round, mainly because I'm sure they will be required for 100% completion.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#4 Posted: 22:12:48 07/02/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182
This sequel seems far to early. The game will just be re-hash.

Oh boy you speak the truth, what do you predict that the score will be.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#5 Posted: 22:15:06 07/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
I'm also glad to be seeing a sequel (which won't be out until fall, sonicbrawler182, so calm down).

But the number of figures is a bit excessive. They should have just added the 8 giants. It's going to be cost prohibitive quickly at this rate. Parents (i.e. ME) won't go for it at some point. I'm already thinking about just adding the giants in the next round, mainly because I'm sure they will be required for 100% completion.

Still too early.

Any game that has a year in development usually isn't anything more than a cash-in sequel.
And they should at least give everyone a chance to try the first one.
---
#6 Posted: 22:19:21 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
True but this is what the toy/video combo is all about. You won't be able to justify releasing new figures without a new game and vice-versa. The fact that is allows to use the current figures means that it is a win-win for either the toy collector or video game player. If you want to just play the game then do so using just your current figures. If you want to collect just the figures then you have the option to just buy the figures and completely skip on the game.

IMHO at this point in time, they can re-hash it for a couple of sequels until a completely new game is introduced. The content of the first game for me was too short. It left me wanting more (hence my wish for an online PVP) and sequels are a good way to keep me hooked until a completely new game is developed.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#7 Posted: 22:24:20 07/02/2012
I'd be happy about this sequel if it was done 2-3 years after the first.

To release it so soon guarantees that it'll be no different than the original, which is DECENT at best. I'm not congratulating Activision, because between this and the rumors flying around about CoD 9 this year, they're showing me that they haven't changed in the slightest, and will be quick to cash in on this franchise. It's odd to see the same people that were afraid of Spyro getting milked, now practically embracing it.

It's a shame. I thought that last year was going to mark a change for the company. I guess I was wrong.
#8 Posted: 22:28:23 07/02/2012
Actually, the toy concept is much more justified without a new game. The whole point of the toys was to expand the game. Or so we thought....

Now, it's as clear as day that the toys are wallet nukes, and nothing more. I sequel would be needed eventually, but not within a year. That's far too early.
---
#9 Posted: 22:30:32 07/02/2012
I actually think a new game would've been good, not new toys. If only new toys came out, no matter how many came out, it's still the same game you're playing.

At least with this new game, there are new stages...........which is basically like saying I should get the new CoD because there are new maps in it.
#10 Posted: 22:36:30 07/02/2012
Quote: CAV
I actually think a new game would've been good, not new toys. If only new toys came out, no matter how many came out, it's still the same game you're playing.

At least with this new game, there are new stages...........which is basically like saying I should get the new CoD because there are new maps in it.

The Adventure Packs provided new stages AND new game mechanics. I think that would of kept people occupied. Maybe a spin-off that deviates from the main game formula ("Party in Skylands!" or "Skybanders", anyone?) would keep people occupied, and these spin-offs would be compatable.

But a SEQUEL? Way too early. It already looks like total re-hash (seriously, the AMOUNT of re-used assets in the trailer was unbelievable).
---
#11 Posted: 22:38:38 07/02/2012
You just made me think of "Guitar Skylanders". HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME THINK OF AWFUL TITLES.

It really does. It seems no different than the original. Improve the Battle Mode, have online, harder difficulty, more stages, and improved gameplay, and THEN I'll consider it.

Yes, I'm a picky jerk like that.
#12 Posted: 22:44:08 07/02/2012
I'd be interested in this if:

-It was more open-ended. The environments in the first one looked like corridors most of the time, from what I seen.
-Less boring combat.
-Online.
-User created material of some sort. It doesn't have to be LBP caliber.
-The prices are cheaper (this applies to the first game too. I hope the first one gets a huge price drop, and maybe then I'll get it).

Also, the Giants idea doesn't seem to add anything to the game. You can already see that they had to scale the environments for the giants, which will make it seem almost like a normal Skylander.
---
#13 Posted: 22:46:29 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
If you ask a toy collector about schedule for new releases (for toys) then you would understand why "a year" is too late. IMHO Activision is seeing more $ in the figure/toy sales alone than the actual video game sales and in order to release the new toys and maintain the toy/game combo, it requires them to develop a game that supports it. I just see no reason how they can support the giants figures in the current game unless that was well planned even before the first game was released. You have to understand that this was a gamble for Activision and a gamble that paid off. So these "Giant" toys could have been part of the discussion of the 1st game or a planned sequel but just not made part of 1st release due to budget and development costs.

Releasing toys coming from a series or franchise a year apart is a big no-no. If you follow releases for toy/collectible card game franchises, then you would see that they would have a cycle of 4 or 3 releases per year with usually an introduction to a new set at some point of the year. Releasing a sequel 2-3 years apart is fine for a video game but would not be as profitable for a collectible toy or card game as collectors would simply lose interest.

Bottom line is we have choice when it comes out. You can buy the figures and simply collect it as any toy collector would or buy the game and play with all the current figures that you have OR you can buy and enjoy both the game and the new figures. Im happy that (1) I won't be forced to buy a whole new set of figures just to enjoy the new game and (2) I won't need to game to enjoy the new figures because I can collect them as toys.
---
#14 Posted: 22:54:22 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I'd be interested in this if:

-It was more open-ended. The environments in the first one looked like corridors most of the time, from what I seen.
-Less boring combat.
-Online.
-User created material of some sort. It doesn't have to be LBP caliber.
-The prices are cheaper (this applies to the first game too. I hope the first one gets a huge price drop, and maybe then I'll get it).

Also, the Giants idea doesn't seem to add anything to the game. You can already see that they had to scale the environments for the giants, which will make it seem almost like a normal Skylander.

Skylanders is still marketed as a kid's game. All of our concerns, issues and complaints may or will probably be stuff that "kids" really don't care about. Im sure the fact that new figures will come out is enough to keep the kids excited, interested and hooked! Combine that with the "gotta catch em all!" craze the kids fall easily into then this is a no brainer for Activision. We already all know that Activision is going to milk this franchise for every penny we have in our wallets and what we are seeing now all points to that conclusion.

Im just happy that come this fall, I'll have something to play on our Wii with my daughter again.
---
#15 Posted: 22:55:36 07/02/2012
^The funny part is that adults seem more hell-bent on "catching" them all than the kids are.

Quote: SkyDaddy

Bottom line is we have choice when it comes out. You can buy the figures and simply collect it as any toy collector would or buy the game and play with all the current figures that you have OR you can buy and enjoy both the game and the new figures. Im happy that (1) I won't be forced to buy a whole new set of figures just to enjoy the new game and (2) I won't need to game to enjoy the new figures because I can collect them as toys.

I sure as hell don't have a choice. I only bought a handful of Skylanders. Other people bought several duplicates and spent hundreds on it.

Speaking as NOT a toy collector, and mainly just a "hardcore" gamer, I'm not at all interested in this game if it's going to be the exact same thing as its predecessor. Yay. They're selling the game separately...........why should I care? Why should I be happy? Why would this be considered a good thing, if I'm still paying money for a game I already have in the form of the original Skylanders.

It's for THAT reason, that I personally won't be bothering with this game. If they improve and change things enough, then I'll consider. But otherwise, this is a game I'm not looking foward to. And I'm looking forward even less to people shoveling money into Activision by buying duplicates of toys they already have.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME (and this is just going to be my catchphrase from now on, isn't it?).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:42 07/02/2012 by CAV
#16 Posted: 23:02:20 07/02/2012
@SkyDaddy: I was just expressing things that I would be interested in. I'm well aware Activision put quality lower than money.

But even so, like CAV said, it's the adult fans who are buying all the toys. Most normal kids and families who get this game wouldn't buy much. It's not like they have a ton of money to shove out, this IS a recession we're in.
---
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#17 Posted: 23:07:25 07/02/2012
Really?.. I JUST had forked up enough cash to get the FIRST game, and now there's a sequel already?! Seems way too early. And I haven't even been able to get a hold of any new toys.. -.- If there was to be a sequel, at least they could have waited until the craze eased...
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#18 Posted: 23:13:52 07/02/2012
Quote: Pyro-Spyro
Really?.. I JUST had forked up enough cash to get the FIRST game, and now there's a sequel already?! Seems way too early. And I haven't even been able to get a hold of any new toys.. -.- If there was to be a sequel, at least they could have waited until the craze eased...

The game will come out in like 8 months, I think that you have the time.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#19 Posted: 23:14:20 07/02/2012
It's not too early for Activision. I mean, it's a simple marketing strategy. You make this crazy idea into a game, and see it takes off? You're going to push every dime you have into getting a sequel into the hands of all of those dollar signs..I mean...fans you can. It's the perfect time to strike with a sequel: Figures for the original were all pushed up, leaving people during the whole summer to get ready for the new game, and then release a brand new one a bit before the Christmas rush when it'll inevitably sell out again.

I mean, Activision sees how the things barely stay on the shelves when they get in. Millions of people are playing this game, and the adults paying for their kids things will try to appease them. You all saw how much the parents were complaining about their kids being upset over no figures out. Give little Timmy a brand new game and they'll be quiet while you go do whatever it is you need to do.

It sounds terrible, but that's the world we live in. Push sequels because you know they'll sell. Honestly, Skylanders was a HUGE risk when it first came out. It could have crashed and burned.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#20 Posted: 23:32:43 07/02/2012
more figures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#21 Posted: 23:35:08 07/02/2012
I think that I'll most likely buy the new 3DS game, but I'm really gonna have to wait and see what the new Skylanders look like before deciding if I'll buy any new figures. It's kind of like Pokemon in how my love for the series degraded as sequels introduced lamer and lamer Pokemon. So far things are looking good with that bird guy with the bazooka, but we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully since there are fewer toys this time around, it won't take as long to get them all out there.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#22 Posted: 23:36:02 07/02/2012
Oh, then I'm wondering if there will be an exclusive on the 3DS as well...
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#23 Posted: 23:40:54 07/02/2012
I think this is perfect timing...not too late or early! I can not wait!!!!!!
8 months is not bad......plus they want to hit a sequel with this current generation of systems.

I agree with some of you here, too many toys for the sequel!
Would have just liked to see 8 giant figures.
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#24 Posted: 00:01:56 08/02/2012
To be honest this is perfect timing. This is the sign of a healthy franchise. I'm just happy our original Skylanders will be usable with the new game. Fall can't come soon enough.
#25 Posted: 00:02:29 08/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
It's not too early for Activision. I mean, it's a simple marketing strategy. You make this crazy idea into a game, and see it takes off? You're going to push every dime you have into getting a sequel into the hands of all of those dollar signs..I mean...fans you can. It's the perfect time to strike with a sequel: Figures for the original were all pushed up, leaving people during the whole summer to get ready for the new game, and then release a brand new one a bit before the Christmas rush when it'll inevitably sell out again.

I see where you're getting at. But at the same time, there's a problem. And I'm going to show this problem with two other franchises that are owned by Activision:

Let's take a look at Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk. Both games were really successful at first, so Activision decided to churn out a new game every year. As time went, the quality of the games either stood put and barely changed (GH), or got increasingly worse due to not enough development time (TH). Fans begin to hate the games for not changing enough, or changing for the worse, and sales go down. It got to the point where only NOW is a new Tony Hawk game in development, and GH was stopped entirely.

If you want me to use an even more recent example, I'll point directly to CoD. Several fans that loved the games hate them now, and have moved on to other FPS games. Eventually, sales will fall for CoD too, as more and more people are realizing that the games are no different from each other.

And to anyone that responds to this, saying "BUT THOSE GAMES ARE CRAP AND SKYLANDERS IS GREAT" is not a good reason, as it is purely an opinion.
#26 Posted: 00:11:01 08/02/2012
CAV this happens with everything tho....they will milk stuff and run things into the ground until it is dead!
I have played so many Mario's, Zelda's, and yes even Halo's now....it is getting very old!
Even movies.....how many times am I going to watch Star Wars....now it is coming out in 3D!!!! Crazy!!!

I am still excited for this sequel and wanna see where they will take the Skylanders franchise with the next generations of systems!
---
#27 Posted: 00:12:27 08/02/2012
Quote: JAP28
CAV this happens with everything tho....they will milk stuff and run things into the ground until it is dead!
I have played so many Mario's, Zelda's, and yes even Halo's now....it is getting very old!
Even movies.....how many times am I going to watch Star Wars....now it is coming out in 3D!!!! Crazy!!!

And what exactly is your point?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:12:37 08/02/2012 by CAV
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#28 Posted: 00:13:04 08/02/2012

I see where you're getting at. But at the same time, there's a problem. And I'm going to show this problem with two other franchises that are owned by Activision:

Let's take a look at Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk. Both games were really successful at first, so Activision decided to churn out a new game every year. As time went, the quality of the games either stood put and barely changed (GH), or got increasingly worse due to not enough development time (TH). Fans begin to hate the games for not changing enough, or changing for the worse, and sales go down. It got to the point where only NOW is a new Tony Hawk game in development, and GH was stopped entirely.

If you want me to use an even more recent example, I'll point directly to CoD. Several fans that loved the games hate them now, and have moved on to other FPS games. Eventually, sales will fall for CoD too, as more and more people are realizing that the games are no different from each other.

And to anyone that responds to this, saying "BUT THOSE GAMES ARE CRAP AND SKYLANDERS IS GREAT" is not a good reason, as it is purely an opinion.

Very true. The unfortunate side is that Skylanders will probably go that exact same route. Although maybe we'll get lucky and they'll cool it off for a few years afterwards.

To me, and based solely on brief gameplay vids we've seen, Giants is basically the rest of Skylanders that we didn't play. I'd imagine there was a whole lot of scrapped material for SSA, so Giants will continue on with everything that was scrapped/ developed at the same time, but not used.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#29 Posted: 00:16:28 08/02/2012
I predict it will go the same route as well. And they probably wouldn't cool it off until the sales go down, which, looking at the people in the Skylanders section, spending hundreds and in some cases even over $1000, won't happen any time soon.

And that's my big problem with it: It just seems like things they didn't put in the first game. I wouldn't have minded them delaying the game and putting it in. Even if it needed a second disc, I'd be fine with it. It just looks like we're getting the scraps. What's left after Skylanders' original development. More of the same. And it's because of this, I won't be buying it.

But then again, I could be wrong. Maybe they (TFb) are on this site, looking at what people say can make this game better, and they're listening to it and adding onto the game, while fixing existing problems. Highly doubt it though.....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:42 08/02/2012 by CAV
#30 Posted: 00:17:00 08/02/2012

And what exactly is your point?

You do realize that this could simply be a case of "Strike while the iron is hot" and not a "Let's milk this cow fort all it's worth" scenario. Now given it's Activision I do agree somewhat with your concern over their track record. I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt for now since they did a great job with the first Skylanders.
#31 Posted: 00:19:54 08/02/2012
^Well I am basically agreeing with you CAV.... I guess that doesn't happen too often?
Why are you always soooo rude????
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:11 08/02/2012 by JAP28
#32 Posted: 00:22:05 08/02/2012
In my opinion, they did a DECENT job with Skylanders. Like, 6/10 decent.

Also, I don't get why any of you seem to find them milking the franchise to be a good thing, since then you guys are the ones being ripped off. If this was CoD or any other franchise, you guys would be like "UGHHHGHHGH. NOT AGAIN ACTIVISION. CAN'T STOP MILKING IT DRY???". But you guys aren't. Why? Because it's Spyro? That's it?

EDIT: Jap, I'm not being rude. I'm being blunt and speaking my opinion. Is there a problem about that?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:07 08/02/2012 by CAV
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#33 Posted: 00:23:07 08/02/2012
I am so pumped for this game.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#34 Posted: 00:23:12 08/02/2012
Well, because I never complained about a franchise being milked in the first place...? And plenty of members here never did as well...
#35 Posted: 00:24:08 08/02/2012
^You seem to still be a bit new to the site, because I remember seeing constant complaints about CoD and other franchises being milked.
#36 Posted: 00:25:04 08/02/2012
But not from the members in this post here. You are rude with them while it's not them who were hypocrite.
#37 Posted: 00:29:00 08/02/2012
The most consistent complaint I've seen on these boards is the lack of availability regarding the figs. I think it's a little early to compare this to CoD at this point since it's still a fairly young franchise...and yes it is just now officially a franchise.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#38 Posted: 00:30:45 08/02/2012
I think this is perfect timing...not too late or early! I can not wait!!!!!!
8 months is not bad......plus they want to hit a sequel with this current generation of systems.

I agree with some of you here, too many toys for the sequel!
Would have just liked to see 8 giant figures.

we already know there will be 4 new variation of the old ones(one will come with the game)... its a waste of money getting them, i think they will not bring anything new... only if you miss some of the old then only worth getting.

then we get to the more uncertain, the 8 new one(one will come with the game) now the question is if these new one will be of the same element as you have before, or if they are a new element. that will be necessary to have to open some parts of the game. i hope for godsake this is not the case and these new 8 one is of the same elements we have before and they will only give a bit more xp as bonus,some new heroic challenges or something other stuff that aint that important. then we dont need to get them since we have the older figurines......

now your left with the 8 giants that will bring new things to the game(one will come with the game), these will be worth getting(watch: tree rex gameplay video)....

i just hope it is like this then i will go for the game with 3 figurines and the new portal(always good to have one extra) and the 7 giants i dont have... only bummer is that there will not be online gaming but if game and story is still good, and i only need the 7 giants i can live with it....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:30 08/02/2012 by kappapopm
ShaqUoh Ripto Gems: 12
#39 Posted: 00:43:16 08/02/2012
I'm scared at the fact the OP liked Activision so much.
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#40 Posted: 01:07:42 08/02/2012
press release:

Quote:
BIG SHOES FILLED -- SKYLANDERS GIANTS™ REVEALED AT THE 2012 AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL TOY FAIR

New Game to Build on the Landmark Success of its Predecessor,
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure™

Next Chapter in the Franchise Introduces More Than 20 New Figures Including Super-Sized Giants and Characters Featuring Light Technology

Global Marketing Partnership With Toys"R"Us Grows Alongside The Game

Santa Monica, CA - February 7, 2012 - Bring Your Toys To Life™. This novel premise takes a monster step forward with the worldwide unveiling of Skylanders Giants, the follow-up to the most successful kids' IP launch of the year.¹ Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), will debut the sequel at the North American International Toy Fair in booths 3151 and 3251 at the Javits Center in New York City from February 12-15.

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure uniquely combined collectible real-world toys with an epic virtual game world, creating a new platform for communal play that was embraced by parents and kids everywhere. Skylanders Spyro's Adventure was the #1 best-selling kids' franchise worldwide in 2011, as well as the #1 overall new IP launched in North America, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and GfK.

¹According to The NPD Group, Charttrack and Gfk

According to The NPD Group, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure went on to become a Top-10 seller in North America and generated the greatest overall single-year sales, inclusive of software and accessories, of any new children's IP in North America, since NPD has been tracking the category.

Skylanders Giants builds upon the breakthrough fundamentals of the first game-merging the physical and virtual realms with an innovative line of cross-platform toy figures that have "brains," which players everywhere can magically bring to life in the world of Skylands. This next installment of the franchise features a variety of new characters, new challenges, a thrilling new story-driven adventure, and advanced integration across console, handheld, mobile and online:

Going Big: Skylanders Giants introduces eight new highly collectible figures that are more than twice the size of the main skylanders cast in both physical and virtual form. Their in-game powers and abilities reflect their colossal scale.

Bright Lights: Helping to further the real world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders Giants includes a set of characters that feature spectacular new light technology integrated into the toys, allowing the figure to light up when near or on the Portal of Power™. These characters have additional in-game benefits as well. Batteries are not required.

Brand New Skylanders: Eight new regular sized skylanders, each with their own unique powers, abilities, and personality, join the adventure alongside the Giants.

Forward Compatibility: Every beloved character from Skylanders Spyro's Adventure is 100% compatible with Skylanders Giants, leveled-up stats and customizations intact.

Wider Worlds: Portal Masters will see all new arenas and more gameplay options in Battle Mode for exciting head-to-head play, as well as enhanced Elemental Zones, new Hero Challenges, and other features that encourage players to collect and level up every character.

Skylanders Giants also features closer integration with Skylanders Spyro's Universe, the large online world that allows Portal Masters around the world to greatly expand their Skylanders experience.

"Skylanders Spyro's Adventure's success in 2011 validated an exciting idea-that with the right technology, and the creative minds to support it with engaging characters and story, we could define a new model for children's play," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "Skylanders Giants marks the evolution of this core concept. We've got super-sized figures, remarkably cool new characters that light up, as if by magic, and more ways to play and explore Skylands than ever before. We're delighted to announce the title at Toy Fair 2012 and can't wait for fans to go hands-on this fall."

Toys"R"Us has reaffirmed its commitment to Activision and the Skylanders franchise, and will remain a marquee retail partner for the launch of Skylanders Giants. "While it was still in development, we recognized the potential that Skylanders had to connect with our customers due to its unique merging of physical and digital play," said Jerry Storch, Chairman and CEO, Toys"R"Us, Inc. "The game was an enormous success last holiday shopping season, and the toys seem to evaporate as soon as they arrive on our store shelves. We're excited to continue our enthusiastic support for Skylanders with a comprehensive, global marketing program to introduce Giants to our customers."

Skylanders Giants is developed by Toys For Bob, an Activision studio located in Novato, California. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information, visit www.skylandersgame.com

Activision Publishing Broadcast Media Center
Members of the media can visit Activision Publishing's Broadcast Media Center to download broadcast quality video, web-ready video and high-resolution images. Members of the media using Pathfire can take advantage of a Pathfire enabled video download.

Broadcast Media Center: http://activisionvideo.com

About Toys"R"Us, Inc.
Toys"R"Us, Inc. is the world's leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. It currently sells merchandise in more than 1,570 stores, including 858 Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores in the United States, and more than 510 international stores and 200 licensed stores in 33 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand's flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com, FAO.com and babyuniverse.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys"R"Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.
#41 Posted: 01:11:26 08/02/2012
allready posted about the press release here -> //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=47263
GamerSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 178
#42 Posted: 01:17:52 08/02/2012
well there are 2 bad reasons for this and 1 good
B1: Activision will get less money
B2: Let everyone play the original
G1: People who loved the original get to play another game for it sooner
#43 Posted: 01:28:08 08/02/2012
bad????

b1: activision will get more money by doing this way... and keep the consumers interest up.

b2: the figurines sell the game, more play the game the more buy the figurines....
#44 Posted: 01:34:51 08/02/2012
^They won't keep consumers interest up if the gameplay remains the same as last time. It'll just be a rehash.
#45 Posted: 01:36:00 08/02/2012
^They won't keep consumers interest up if the gameplay remains the same as last time. It'll just be a rehash.

did you see the 'tree rex gameplay video' ???.....
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#46 Posted: 09:02:13 08/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
Quote: Pyro-Spyro

The game will come out in like 8 months, I think that you have the time.

It's taken me over a month to get the Pirate Seas Adventure pack and I'm still here nearly two months trying to get the Legendary figures. In 8 months by this trend I should have Dragon's Peak and two triple packs. The UK gets figures at least two months after the States and that's if any stores can actually get them in at all!
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#47 Posted: 13:43:48 08/02/2012
Quote: kappapopm

did you see the 'tree rex gameplay video' ???.....

Yes, and what is your point?

OOHHHHH HE CAN MOVE AN ISLAND, AND HIT THE GROUND TO OPEN AN AREA.

That's like me getting hyped for the new CoD because it has new guns in it.
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#48 Posted: 14:01:15 08/02/2012
I side with CAV that milking has lowered the quality of most things in history and that the same will, without a doubt, happen to Skylanders if it goes down that route. I'm also chuckling a bit at the people who are saying SL won't get lower in quality for doing such a thing.

But the thing is, I really don't care if they do milk it. I just want something fun to play whenever I get bored. Expanding on SL will just make the experience a little bit longer, as I don't mind being a stickler for old stuff. smilie Just have fun and go with it, if you want to.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:02:22 08/02/2012 by SilentButDeadly
#49 Posted: 14:08:45 08/02/2012
I'll be fair. I wouldn't mind getting this game...........if it was considered DLC, or at least offered for a budget price, like how Endless Ocean (a full, new game mind you) was available for $30 upon release.

But by the looks of it, it's going to be a full priced retail release. I can't go behind that and pay full price for the same thing I played before. I won't do it with CoD. I won't be doing it with Halo. Skylanders won't be an exception.

*sigh*.......I can't believe I have to constantly say this...............but that's just me.
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#50 Posted: 14:11:08 08/02/2012
I would prefer the DLC or added content idea myself. Cheaper, and gives a reason to return to the first game a bit more often.

At least I watch my money, and don't go out buying every figure. That way I can get this game with only a few chips at my wallet.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me