darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Skylanders Giants -- Story & Game Mechanics
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Giants -- Story & Game Mechanics [CLOSED]
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#1 Posted: 21:45:41 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I've been thinking . . . what do you think Skylanders Giants story (and possible game mechanics) will revolve around? The first one was pretty much about Kaos trying to take over Skylands; for those of you who have beaten the game knows how it ends. My point being is, what can they possibly do this time? Is it a new threat, is it making one big giant floating island, will we be exploring the land (if there is land down there) below Skylands, do you think they will expand upon each element adding story to those elements and the giants?

What are your thoughts, concerns, and opinions on the story and or game mechanics for this game?

For me, I hope they flesh out more on the ethnics, life, the overall realm of Skylands more in this game.
Even though I doubt that considering how quickly this game will be coming out and seeing how the first one went . . . yeah smilie
I'm also sure well see our good ol' NPC characters from the last game in this one. Although some of them just abruptly came out of nowhere, I hope we'll get to know more about them in this game.

I also hope there are new mechanics for the regular Skylanders and its not focused too heavily around these giants . . .as it stands, these giants are just gameplay mechanics that we have to pay for . . . wonderful smilie .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 22:00:31 07/02/2012
Kaos is back...
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 22:02:58 07/02/2012
Kaos is weak ... like Ukraine.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4 Posted: 22:05:40 07/02/2012
A sequel already?

Officially the kid's version of CoD.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#5 Posted: 13:11:51 08/02/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
Kaos is back...

Is this conjecture or doust thou have a modicum of proof?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 14:29:18 08/02/2012
It's true, chaos. Here is the proof, though dark52 was the first to mention Kaos returining:

http://owtk.com/2012/02/exclus...landers-giants/

"As the story goes, the original Skylanders were actually giants. And it was them who first defeated Kaos and his machines many moons ago. As a form of sacrifice, the Giants were shot to Earth where they’ve been buried underground ever since. Now, in the Fall of 2012 to be exact, Kaos will once again call on his war machines and the Skylanders will need to summon the Giants back to Skylands."
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 15:01:22 08/02/2012
I'm ok with Kaos being back on 3 conditions:

Richard Horvitz has to voice him again.
NO. LASERS. JESUS.
I want to battle the Hydra. Or a superpowered Kaos shooting things.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#8 Posted: 20:59:27 08/02/2012
I'm good with it as I honestly can't think of a decent archetype to replace him with.

I enjoy the hokey comedic aspect.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#9 Posted: 21:01:11 08/02/2012
I'm glad Kaos is back. Disappointed I probably won't be getting a figure of him to play as, haha.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me