Page 1 of 1
Will Giants have online co-op? [CLOSED]
VendettaACS Green Sparx Gems: 223
#1 Posted: 19:09:02 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I really, really hope they incorporate some kind of online play with Giants, because it was the biggest thing missing from the original Skylanders game.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2 Posted: 19:11:53 07/02/2012
We have the same information than you so we don't know.

Also you can now post in the new forum section about the sequel, just under the section about the Skylanders.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 19:18:53 07/02/2012
I think it would be a shot in the foot if the new game did not have some sort of online play programmed into it. I mean really, why offer a battle mode (versus mode) if you cant beat the snot out of that kiddo in the town over? It really makes no sense at all. Its not like Activision/Blizzard does not have a model in place to connect gamers with one and other (battle.net).
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#4 Posted: 19:23:02 07/02/2012
The kids are not that much into online gameplay though, and this game is for kids so I don't know if it would be a "shot in the foot"
#5 Posted: 19:55:57 07/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
The kids are not that much into online gameplay though, and this game is for kids so I don't know if it would be a "shot in the foot"

My son's favorite thing is to load up bash bros. and get in battles via the wii connect feature. BTW, he is 5.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#6 Posted: 19:56:31 07/02/2012
Yeah and would you say that your son is the majority of the kids? Nope.
#7 Posted: 20:00:27 07/02/2012

Quite right. He is vastly superior than all other 5 year olds!
---
My kids own :
#8 Posted: 20:01:38 07/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour

I need to admit that a 5 years old beating people online on a videogame is a quite well developed kid, you should be proud smilie
#9 Posted: 21:11:10 07/02/2012

I need to admit that a 5 years old beating people online on a videogame is a quite well developed kid, you should be proud smilie

I am not so sure that I should be proud that he is excellent at video games and lacks the "skills" to clean his room. LOL
---
My kids own :
#10 Posted: 21:16:28 07/02/2012

I am not so sure that I should be proud that he is excellent at video games and lacks the "skills" to clean his room. LOL

Maybe he is the next Bill Gates and will have someone to clean his house eh!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#11 Posted: 21:19:47 07/02/2012
If it's gonna be built for the Wii again, I doubt it. Any game after Giants, possibly.
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#12 Posted: 21:21:49 07/02/2012
With the damage heaven giant, I'm not sure what they're going to do. It will be interesting though.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#13 Posted: 21:27:46 07/02/2012
the thing they said in the 'tree rex gameplay video' was that giants will be more integrated with 'skylanders universe' pc online game...
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#14 Posted: 21:27:56 07/02/2012
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease have online!! Dont be stupid Activision smilie
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#15 Posted: 00:01:58 08/02/2012
I really want online play....but do not think it will be a part of it!!!
Maybe in Skylanders 3
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#16 Posted: 00:16:07 08/02/2012
Honestly, I hope they do and I also hope they don't.

Right now, it's near impossible to have a good time on Universe. It just takes far to long for anything to work right, not to mention even respond. (Like putting characters on or off the portal, waiting for areas to load, etc) If they factor in more people playing Giants, the site will be down daily for overloaded servers.

However, if they could pull it off, it'd have to be much better than some of the online playability I've seen with things like the Wii. SSBB is great, but playing online is quite often a nightmare. Now, we've come a ways since then, but having it cross platform might be rough. Maybe you'd be able to play online with someone who has the same console version as you. Or they'll have a leaderboard or something.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#17 Posted: 00:38:49 08/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Honestly, I hope they do and I also hope they don't.

Right now, it's near impossible to have a good time on Universe. It just takes far to long for anything to work right, not to mention even respond. (Like putting characters on or off the portal, waiting for areas to load, etc) If they factor in more people playing Giants, the site will be down daily for overloaded servers.

However, if they could pull it off, it'd have to be much better than some of the online playability I've seen with things like the Wii. SSBB is great, but playing online is quite often a nightmare. Now, we've come a ways since then, but having it cross platform might be rough. Maybe you'd be able to play online with someone who has the same console version as you. Or they'll have a leaderboard or something.

i think there will be some leaderboard thing and that you will be able to register the figurine from the game without hooking up to the pc. also maybe share money and other little things but no major things...
#18 Posted: 00:41:10 08/02/2012
Quote: JAP28
I really want online play....but do not think it will be a part of it!!!
Maybe in Skylanders 3

i also think that skylanders3 will have online gameplay, and it will be a new game engine since we then will have the new wii-u console out....
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#19 Posted: 00:42:24 08/02/2012

I'm sure your is like mine, they have the skill just not the will.

This game should/better have online play. Online play is the way to go now a days. It's not like Activision is any stranger to the online market....make it happen.
#20 Posted: 00:44:47 08/02/2012
Quote: Tigorus

This game should/better have online play. Online play is the way to go now a days. It's not like Activision is any stranger to the online market....make it happen.

go here -> //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=47268 watch the 'tree rex gameplay video' and you will hear them talk about the online feature of giants....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:45:30 08/02/2012 by kappapopm
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#21 Posted: 00:46:53 08/02/2012
Quote: kappapopm
Quote: Tigorus

go here -> //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=47268 watch the 'tree rex gameplay video' and you will hear them talk about the online feature of giants....

I have. They talked about expanded multiplayer and Universe play but still haven't confirmed actual online player interaction via co-op or pvp...I need both to be happy lol.
#22 Posted: 00:53:08 08/02/2012
also remember this giant game is done with the old skylanders spyro adventure game engine... if they are gonna add matchmaker system and stuff they are gonna rewrite a lot of the game engine. with a 8 month until release there will be no online feature, if it was they would have said it in that video already...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:53:48 08/02/2012 by kappapopm
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#23 Posted: 04:03:21 12/02/2012
I wouldn't mind PvP being online, on the proviso that they didn't make any of the trophies or what have you online-play ones. But I couldn't see the game working well online.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#24 Posted: 04:08:39 12/02/2012
PvP would be cool.....but going through the campaign with someone would be soooo cool!
They could do online if they kinda did like the 3Ds and you had to pick your characters before the level started. Could get messy tho????
---
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#25 Posted: 08:59:14 12/02/2012

Yet all these kids asking for online multiplayer with K/D ratios and leaderboards...

For games that don't even really need them or aren't made for them. It's ridiculous.

Spyro's Universe I assume is meant to be the online portion of the franchise, so there's that.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 11:21:12 12/02/2012
Quote: D-Rex

Yet all these kids asking for online multiplayer with K/D ratios and leaderboards...

For games that don't even really need them or aren't made for them. It's ridiculous.

Spyro's Universe I assume is meant to be the online portion of the franchise, so there's that.

in other words they have the skill just not the will...
#27 Posted: 15:43:55 12/02/2012
I think you got the "will"or "skill" part wrong ....think you meant they have skill and they work on the Wii haha
Think if the Wii had a more robust online community like Xbox Live and Playstaion Network, think we would have online co-op!
Sorry not trying to bash the Wii or Nintendo fans.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#28 Posted: 15:46:24 12/02/2012
Honestly for the games that work, it's not too bad. While the whole FC thing is problematic, it's quite simple to imput it.

I think one of the driving points behind no online would be due to the various systems. If someone is playing the Wii version, they'd only be able to play against someone who ALSO has a Wii Version. Probably the same with 360 and PS3.

I really wouldn't mind that. Most of the people I know who have Skylanders have it for the Wii anyways.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#29 Posted: 16:12:32 12/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Honestly for the games that work, it's not too bad. While the whole FC thing is problematic, it's quite simple to imput it.

I think one of the driving points behind no online would be due to the various systems. If someone is playing the Wii version, they'd only be able to play against someone who ALSO has a Wii Version. Probably the same with 360 and PS3.

I really wouldn't mind that. Most of the people I know who have Skylanders have it for the Wii anyways.

of course it will be format to format only game play and not cross game play(even when pc/ps3/wii can do it, except for x360 that are pretty nazi about their network). i see no problem with that, you can still take your figurine over to your friend house and play. i can forgive them for not including online play in the first skylanders because it was the first and a bit of a gamble. but doing the next game without and only in 8 months and going for 44++ new figurines. the giant pc version was also dropped, so something just dont feel right.... to be totally honest it is starting to smell like a cash grab, than they are making a fantastic game for us to enjoy.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:19:03 12/02/2012 by kappapopm
eruptor1999 Green Sparx Gems: 219
#30 Posted: 19:12:10 13/02/2012
it probably wont
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#31 Posted: 22:35:07 13/02/2012
If there are differences between consoles (i.e. how powerful the characters are), any kind of online option would have to be pitting players on the same console, right? Seems like a lot of work on their part, having separate online sites for each platform.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me