First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Not a proper Spyro game? [CLOSED]
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#51 Posted: 15:04:27 08/02/2012
I hate to say this to you big Spyro fans but I think Spyro is pretty much dead at least for a little while! Maybe do a Spyro game in the future
Watch this realistic video!

Skylanders is where it's at now.....well for now.
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:26 08/02/2012 by JAP28
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#52 Posted: 15:15:13 08/02/2012
Oh why post that here, Jap? That's just a random Skylander-Activision hater video, that's not worth our time, made by a nostalgia Spyro fan who think he and others who share his views are 'true' Spyro fans...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:20:46 08/02/2012 by Aura24
#53 Posted: 15:25:17 08/02/2012
Ahhh sorry Aura24 thought the video was actually kind of funny....and has a serious under tone about it.
I can really see how big Spyro fans must dislike Skylanders.
I feel the same way about GI Joes, Transformers, Star Wars ect.... Destroying child-hood memories.

Sorry off-topic.....

I said this about the last game too.....
Do not think this is a Spyro game, just a game with him in it. You can choose to like it or not.
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#54 Posted: 16:36:34 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
After seeing the new trailer that has Spyro in it it looks more like a Spyro game now.

It still doesn't feel 100% like a Spyro game though...

I'm still getting it.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#55 Posted: 16:37:18 08/02/2012
A new trailer? Where? I want to see!
#56 Posted: 16:44:27 08/02/2012
Ice is talking about the debut trailer.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=47250
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#57 Posted: 16:45:43 08/02/2012
Oh, ok...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#58 Posted: 21:38:37 08/02/2012
Back to the OP.

1/. I wonder how many "true" fans sold out and got the game?

2/. I guarantee that a "true" spyro game would not have made more money.

3/. Yes it was funny and relevant so I beg people to keep a perspective - let's not be haters but let's also not be fanbois. How about a level head and rationality?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
spyro_cynder88 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1131
#59 Posted: 22:04:39 08/02/2012
When I first saw the 1st Skylanders game I was thinking this will be the end of Spyro. I got it for Christmas and once I played it I liked it. Yes Skylanders is ment more for kids that have never even seen the original Spyro games. I don't like some of the Skylanders but to me the gameplay is fun.
---
"A wild Magikarp appears! You use your last Master Ball!"
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#60 Posted: 22:06:03 08/02/2012
Jap, the video you posted is awful, and it really doesn't represent what a lot of the people think about this game.

If you notice, a good amount of people posting negative feedback to Giants are people that played, and in some cases, enjoyed Skylanders, including me.

Quote: Reimu

Thanks, we got your point, now can you give us a break please? You are poisoning all the topics.

Edit: I have a little more time to write now, so here you go.

It's annoying how you are judging a whole game with a new seconds video of gameplay in a trailer. We now know that you don't want to buy it and thinks that it doesn't worth it. So if this game doesn't worth your attention, please can you stop bashing it in each topic you post it? It's ok if you are not interested in this game, but you don't need to keep on bringing it everywhere in a rude and harsh way. I like to argue with people, but when you act like that, I'm sorry but I see no point in arguing with you, not when you are rude and you base all your rage on a 9 seconds video of gameplay, while bragging that you won't even buy/try it anyway.

so, unless you try to post in a constructive way, less rude and a little bit less "stuck-up" please can you stop poisoning the section? There's no point in raging all over the section if you don't bring new points or post in a constructive way.

The funny part is that I'm posting constructively. I'm not flaming users, and I'm not intending to be mean or stuck up in any way. Nor am I really raging. I'm merely expressing an opinion that is different than of other people on here. Is that really "poisoning"? Or is that just being no different from anyone else?

I'm sorry if you're offended by what I'm saying. I'm sorry to everyone that thinks this. It's for reasons like this that I don't post in the Skylanders section anymore, since anything I ever say is simply taken as a personal attack, where I'm trying to push buttons and get on everyone's nerves. I'm sorry my opinion is different from you guys'. I'm deeply sorry.

And yes, I AM making a prediction for this game based on that few seconds of gameplay. But is that any different than you guys whom are getting pumped and excited over it? I'm simply on the other end of the spectrum, and because of it, I'm being called rude, stuck up, and a troll. If I was agreeing with you guys, saying this game was going to be great or if I was getting excited for it, would you guys respond to me in the same way? Think about that for a moment. This is towards everyone. Not just Reimu.

EDIT: But hey. If you want, I'll just make my own topic about it. Or will that still be poisoning the entire section?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:15:00 08/02/2012 by CAV
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#61 Posted: 22:14:37 08/02/2012
Quote: CAV
Jap, the video you posted is awful, and it really doesn't represent what a lot of the people think about this game.

If you notice, a good amount of people posting negative feedback to Giants are people that played, and in some cases, enjoyed Skylanders, including me.

Quote: Reimu

Thanks, we got your point, now can you give us a break please? You are poisoning all the topics.

Edit: I have a little more time to write now, so here you go.

It's annoying how you are judging a whole game with a new seconds video of gameplay in a trailer. We now know that you don't want to buy it and thinks that it doesn't worth it. So if this game doesn't worth your attention, please can you stop bashing it in each topic you post it? It's ok if you are not interested in this game, but you don't need to keep on bringing it everywhere in a rude and harsh way. I like to argue with people, but when you act like that, I'm sorry but I see no point in arguing with you, not when you are rude and you base all your rage on a 9 seconds video of gameplay, while bragging that you won't even buy/try it anyway.

so, unless you try to post in a constructive way, less rude and a little bit less "stuck-up" please can you stop poisoning the section? There's no point in raging all over the section if you don't bring new points or post in a constructive way.

The funny part is that I'm posting constructively. I'm not flaming users, and I'm not intending to be mean or stuck up in any way. Nor am I really raging. I'm merely expressing an opinion that is different than of other people on here. Is that really "poisoning"? Or is that just being no different from anyone else?

I'm sorry if you're offended by what I'm saying. I'm sorry to everyone that thinks this. It's for reasons like this that I don't post in the Skylanders section anymore, since anything I ever say is simply taken as a personal attack, where I'm trying to push buttons and get on everyone's nerves. I'm sorry my opinion is different from you guys'. I'm deeply sorry.

And yes, I AM making a prediction for this game based on that few seconds of gameplay. But is that any different than you guys whom are getting pumped and excited over it? I'm simply on the other end of the spectrum, and because of it, I'm being called rude, stuck up, and a troll. If I was agreeing with you guys, saying this game was going to be great or if I was getting excited for it, would you guys respond to me in the same way? Think about that for a moment. This is towards everyone. Not just Reimu.

I agree with you.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#62 Posted: 04:33:59 09/02/2012
Sorry about the video. I do think it's funny, do not really think it pokes badly at Spyro fans think it pokes more fun at Skylanders and the money they are making!
Why is sarcasm so hard to convey???
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:46:12 09/02/2012 by JAP28
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#63 Posted: 15:26:30 09/02/2012
I agree, it's not a Syro game if he's just thrown in with 30+characters of equal importance, regardless of if his name is in the title. Spyro's Adventure could have just as accurately been called 'Ignitor Rising" or some such thing.

Will Activision ever make good on thier promise of a Spyro only Spyro game??
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#64 Posted: 15:30:32 09/02/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I agree, it's not a Syro game if he's just thrown in with 30+characters of equal importance, regardless of if his name is in the title. Spyro's Adventure could have just as accurately been called 'Ignitor Rising" or some such thing.

Will Activision ever make good on thier promise of a Spyro only Spyro game??

They never did that promise though.
#65 Posted: 17:22:58 09/02/2012
Yeah, they never promised anything about a new Spyro game, SpyroLUVA. It was only a rumor.
---
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#66 Posted: 20:34:59 09/02/2012
Quote: JAP28
I hate to say this to you big Spyro fans but I think Spyro is pretty much dead at least for a little while! Maybe do a Spyro game in the future
Watch this realistic video!

Skylanders is where it's at now.....well for now.

I was the first person to view that video. I thought it was hilarious.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ShaqUoh Ripto Gems: 12
#67 Posted: 22:28:45 09/02/2012
Few things. First off, this was hilarious. Second off, nice violin in the end. Three... the OP is right, this actually seems like how it would have happened.
The_dragonborn Ripto Gems: 14
#68 Posted: 01:58:02 11/02/2012
I don't know why so many people hate Skylanders.

As for this game, I'm considering it a 'half-spyro' game.
The fact Spyro characters (namely Cynder) are being remodeled, and how original skylanders characters are still playable, just tells me it's a "Half-Spyro" game.
DNova89 Ripto Gems: 12
#69 Posted: 02:28:12 11/02/2012
I don't know whether the video is funny or creepy or both. O_0
#70 Posted: 10:20:27 11/02/2012
I don't hate Skylanders, I'm beginning to hate the fanbase for it sure, I have mixed feelings for the game and I don't really want to spend too much money on something I don't know if I'll like, it's not really logical is it to spend a lot of cash on something you're unsure of.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:21:09 11/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
DNova89 Ripto Gems: 12
#71 Posted: 14:21:46 11/02/2012
Too much money, imo.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#72 Posted: 16:02:47 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Off topic but oh well.

Why are there so many ripto's?
#73 Posted: 18:11:16 15/02/2012
Quote: DNova89
Too much money, imo.

I agree with your opinion, and afterall we're supposed to be in a recession aren't we?
---
Firehead010 Green Sparx Gems: 316
#74 Posted: 18:51:46 14/03/2012
Sighs.
Doesn't anyone realize that if Activision didn't make these games, then Spyro really would be dead?
I do agree, it is a good deal different from the games in the past, but it is very sad that Spyro's old fans are very pesimistic. Look on the bright side, at least they are still making games even if they are very expensive.
Besides, the new Spyro has grown on me. smilie
---
Don't try to hard to get through life. No one gets out alive anyway. -Random
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#75 Posted: 19:35:49 14/03/2012
Spyro isn't dead unless they stop making Spyro games.

odjghdijndfgij seriously
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#76 Posted: 13:44:53 25/03/2012
Maybe if we get alot of people we can get activision to make the 3rd game a proper spyro game involving a spyro related storyline.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#77 Posted: 18:37:41 25/03/2012
Quote: AJAwesome
Maybe if we get alot of people we can get activision to make the 3rd game a proper spyro game involving a spyro related storyline.

Would be good if we could
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me