Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Custom Figures? [CLOSED]
Wolfrie Red Sparx Gems: 14
#1 Posted: 01:42:21 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Does anyone know if there is a way to make your own action figures (not the skylanders) to get in the game? If there isn't a way I could make a program allowing the Portal of Power to sync them into the game.. But I swear to God it's not gonna be quick, it will take me months, even years.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#2 Posted: 01:45:56 07/02/2012
I'll tell ya how to do it, if you can make these toys work :

[User Posted Image]
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#3 Posted: 01:47:46 07/02/2012
what in the world?!?! why would u ever want to put SMURFS into skylanders?!?!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
#4 Posted: 01:48:16 07/02/2012
Your asking for the impossible, so I thought I would be just as redonkulous as you.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#5 Posted: 01:52:40 07/02/2012
You could have resized the image, though...

Will this one work? It already has a Chip...

[User Posted Image]
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#6 Posted: 01:54:24 07/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
You could have resized the image, though...

Will this one work? It already has a Chip...

[User Posted Image]

And a base to hide the RFID tag. Good find!
---
My kids own :
Wolfrie Red Sparx Gems: 14
#7 Posted: 02:53:25 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
My two ones have things to stand on, so I guess they will work.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#8 Posted: 03:05:38 07/02/2012
To clearly answer the OP:

1/. You could carefully transplant the RFID from a working SL fig to your fig but it will still appear as the orig fig in the game.
1a/. You will most likely just ruin a good fig and destroy the chip in the process, leaving you with nothing.
1b/. It would be fun to swap the chips in someone's collection so that none matched their fig - that would drive the person to the edge of insanity (insert evil laugh here).

2/. To add different chars to the game, you would need to reverse engineer the game's codebase and then insert appropriate logic. However, Activision would sue your pants off so this is not recommended in any manner or form.
2a/. Otherwise, learn your schooling well, get an IT degree and then slave away in a poorly paid gaming career for Activision and they might let you work on Skylanders XXIII, or whatever version exists when you finally complete your education.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me