Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Pearl Hex [CLOSED]
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#101 Posted: 22:18:33 12/02/2012
whats next? ruby ignitor? diamond zap? stone bash?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#102 Posted: 22:24:30 12/02/2012
Quote: LyraDragon

You may want to sit down for this one.

[User Posted Image]
Although, i think I speak for everyone when I'd say I'd give my first born for a diamond Spyro.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#103 Posted: 22:52:32 12/02/2012
^oh i knew about those.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#104 Posted: 22:59:49 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
Quote: LyraDragon

You may want to sit down for this one.

[User Posted Image]
Although, i think I speak for everyone when I'd say I'd give my first born for a diamond Spyro.

You don't speak for me or anyone else here who are parents. Besides, I wouldn't give anything more than $8 for another spyro.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#105 Posted: 23:03:45 12/02/2012
HAHAHAHAHA I AGREE!!!! I would kill for a diamond Spyro!
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
#106 Posted: 01:43:26 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Any of our european members spotted a hex on the euro ebay?
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
TeaJai Red Sparx Gems: 61
#107 Posted: 19:36:58 13/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Quote: TeaJai
I have a qustion... Do the cold and silver figures actually look gold and silver in the game too? The same with Pearl Hex, would it be pearl colored in game?

No on all counts - the only variant characters which look different in game are the Legendaries.

Golds are pre-loaded with lvl 5 status and 2100 gold, though.

Thanks...
---
{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smiliesmilie}{smilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie}{smilie}
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#108 Posted: 21:00:08 13/02/2012
There was no Pearl Hex auctioned on ebay and will prolly hardly ever be. I may be wrong but we are speaking here about max 50copies.
---
smilie
#109 Posted: 17:45:31 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ibishou
There was no Pearl Hex auctioned on ebay and will prolly hardly ever be. I may be wrong but we are speaking here about max 50copies.

Considering there are 45 metallic cynders on ebay.com I doubt that there are 50 max of these things. I cant find any on the german ebay.de nor on france, england, or spain. Why does this strike me as American Greed and I am appalled at the way my fellow americans are acting? Isnt the coolness factor of owning one of these more valuable than a couple of benjamins? If there truely are only 50 of these things, then the other 5 are already spoken for. Again, I doubt there are only 50 of these things. Activision knew that Toy Fair was going to be well attended. I am more likely to believe there are closer to 250 of these per show. They were freebees and it does make for excellent advertising. Not only are there giddy people walking around the show with them, but by placing them on ebay, each and every auction is an advert for the game.

Isnt there one unscrupulous european out there who got one of the pearl hex and wants to sell it?
---
My kids own :
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#110 Posted: 18:14:04 15/02/2012
250 is still very obscure. You have to think about it logically.

These exclusives are only available for a matter of a couple of days, or until they run out, which could be on the first day. Then you have to think about how many of these Cynders there are, compared to regular cynders. Then you have to think about how many own the game, and how many of those who own it, actually own this Cynder.

250 can be worth something in time, when it's gaming related, if a copy of Earthbound on the SNES can go for over 300 bucks, just because it has a dinky strategy guide with it.

Heck, I own strategy guides that are worth over 100 bucks.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
el_coyote Red Sparx Gems: 61
#111 Posted: 18:34:16 15/02/2012
Hi,
i`ve been at the fair and visited the Activision stand. I talked to the personal at the stand and got some interesting Informations (all of theme are published since then).
I also got 2 Pearl Hex Figures as presents. I know from other people at the fair, that they asked to get one, but the personal at the stand said sorry, only for trade partners.

It is importent to know, not everyone could go to the toy fair in nürnberg, you need to be in toy buissnes to be able to purchase a ticket, on the fair, most of the interesting stands are closed, you can only go inside and get informations if you have a date at the fair.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#112 Posted: 19:13:51 15/02/2012
So pretty! I want it!
#113 Posted: 19:16:52 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I still find the greed by americans appalling. Am I one of the few who find owning this thing, or the metallic cynder, more appealing than a few hondos? realistically, those hondos will disapear faster than the color will fade on the packaging.
---
My kids own :
crabcakes41o Green Sparx Gems: 155
#114 Posted: 20:39:56 15/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour
I still find the greed by americans appalling. Am I one of the few who find owning this thing, or the metallic cynder, more appealing than a few hondos? realistically, those hondos will disapear faster than the color will fade on the packaging.

Says the guy who owns everything.....
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#115 Posted: 21:31:50 15/02/2012
Quote: crabcakes41o

Actually, Monsinour does not own everything. He has no silvers (to the best of my knowledge), only 1 gold and got lucky and got a metallic quite cheap from someone he knows. Apart from the two variants, he only has 1 of each char and they are unboxed and played with (the way they should be).
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#116 Posted: 21:45:02 15/02/2012
Since everything does benefit your gameplay in some way, it's not greedy to have everything. And if you happened on a gold or a metallic by serendipity the way that Monsiour has, I'm sure you'd buy them too.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#117 Posted: 21:48:55 15/02/2012

Actually, Monsinour does not own everything. He has no silvers (to the best of my knowledge), only 1 gold and got lucky and got a metallic quite cheap from someone he knows. Apart from the two variants, he only has 1 of each char and they are unboxed and played with (the way they should be).

^ This is so true. Don't take a stab at Monsinour.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#118 Posted: 21:49:52 15/02/2012
I don't see why it's sooooo greedy to have all the Skylanders (I mean by that one copy of everything and maybe one copy of the variants).
It doesn't make a lot of sense. Because I spend my own money on this stuff, I'M greedy? For wanting to have a little fun in this game? The people won't miss it if I'm only taking ONE.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:35 15/02/2012 by LevanJess
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#119 Posted: 21:52:25 15/02/2012
Because...
Because it is!

---------------

Also, what are the odds of a rare colour Spyro (e.g. Black Spyro, Bronze Spyro, Gold Spyro)?
---
Bring the Fanta
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#120 Posted: 21:55:43 15/02/2012
Quote: Madel

^ This is so true. Don't take a stab at Monsinour.

I butt heads with some of Monsinour's comments on a regular basis but I have to have his back on this one. The own everything comment was uncalled for and totally inaccurate.
#121 Posted: 22:09:56 15/02/2012
To add to my statement above. Some of those 45 Cynders are coming from the same seller. So who knows how many they really made. I saw one guy selling three of them. So 3 of the 45 or so, are from one individual. I bet some who buy Cynders there, are just flipping them.

I will throw my own estimate out there. I say 50-100 for these Cynders.
---
#122 Posted: 22:38:49 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Wow, really? I don't own everything. I dont have Ignitor nor a dark spyro simply because I find it a waste to purchase that starter kit when I dont own a 3ds. you may be envious of the figures I have, but I certainly do not own everything. Chaos is correct, I dont have any silvers. I am a parent of 2 wonderful kids. I ensured that they got the figures and I worked hard for 1 and a half weeks straight to make sure we got them. It is not my fault you dont have the $ OR a vehicle to go and get them OR parents who will assist you in your collecting. You wanna be envious of someone, try GM78. That guy owns everything in triplicate.
---
My kids own :
#123 Posted: 00:35:48 16/02/2012
Don't you mean quadruplicate?

Look, folks, I have one of every fig that I can find. I also have pretty big shoulders so if you wanna hate, then hate me as I can take it...

I am also the only person I am aware of in this forum (including GM78) who has stated that they will most likely get all of the Giants-related figs (including re-models). Even GM78 has described hesitancy and moderation in this aspect whereas I seem to be incapable of it, due to my completionist nature (sigh!)
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#124 Posted: 00:38:05 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Look, folks, I have one of every fig that I can find. I also have pretty big shoulders so if you wanna hate, then hate me as I can take it...

I am also the only person I am aware of in this forum (including GM78) who has stated that they will most likely get all of the Giants-related figs (including re-models). Even GM78 has described hesitancy and moderation in this aspect whereas I seem to be incapable of it, due to my completionist nature (sigh!)

Apparently I will get to know your address rather well then eh?
---
My kids own :
#125 Posted: 00:47:48 16/02/2012
Haha, just tell me when my metallic Cynder turns up on your doorstep. I can PM you the tracking number, if you like... ;> smilie

But, with luck, I expect that Wave 1 of Giants will be released the same time in Oz as in US so I can source most of the figs myself. I also hope that there are not too many waves for the sequel.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#126 Posted: 00:55:44 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Haha, just tell me when my metallic Cynder turns up on your doorstep. I can PM you the tracking number, if you like... ;> smilie

Oh, was that one yours? I already sold it on ebay. Want me to send you half of the profits?
---
My kids own :
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#127 Posted: 13:44:37 16/02/2012
I bid 200$ on a metallic and won. I didnt think i would. Personally I dont like the looks of the golds or silvers but a cynder variant where there are very few that will ever exist. I had to pull the trigger. I never wanted to spend this much on a skylander but tgis one is my fav and so rare I had to have it. I would buy a pearl hex but I dont plan on buying any silvers and golds.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#128 Posted: 14:54:50 16/02/2012
Pretty funny that most are having the mentality if it's $200 go for it but if it's Silver or Gold don't buy it. lol Gonna be funny when the next wave of exclusive hit's $400-500. Would have said $300 but this wave has already hit that amount.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#129 Posted: 15:10:14 16/02/2012

I have been giving it some thought, as to if I should buy the redeco Skylanders. I will most likely buy them, for the sake of a somewhat complete collection.

I realize I will always be missing that ONE Skylander, which is the pearl Hex. However, as long as it's not in my country, I can't get riled up about it. I have the United States' exclusive Skylander, which is Cynder from Toy Fair. I have 2 of them actually. One came in the mail today, and I have to pick up the one my friend got from Toy Fair today, after he gets off work.
---
#130 Posted: 20:03:49 16/02/2012

Wow, really? I don't own everything. I dont have Ignitor nor a dark spyro simply because I find it a waste to purchase that starter kit when I dont own a 3ds. you may be envious of the figures I have, but I certainly do not own everything. Chaos is correct, I dont have any silvers. I am a parent of 2 wonderful kids. I ensured that they got the figures and I worked hard for 1 and a half weeks straight to make sure we got them. It is not my fault you dont have the $ OR a vehicle to go and get them OR parents who will assist you in your collecting. You wanna be envious of someone, try GM78. That guy owns everything in triplicate.

Ok so you don't own "EVERYTHING." HOWEVER, you have every skylander out (except two), PLUS some very hard to find extras. Don't call Americans greedy, and then someone won't point out that you are a hypocrite.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:04:57 16/02/2012 by crabcakes41o
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#131 Posted: 20:06:19 16/02/2012
He just told you he didn't have Ignitor or Dark Spyro. Heck, it's in the message you're quoting. If you're determined to troll the guy, geez, try a little harder.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#132 Posted: 20:08:52 16/02/2012

Ok so you don't own "EVERYTHING." HOWEVER, you have every skylander out (except two), PLUS some very hard to find extras. Don't call Americans greedy, and then someone won't point out that you are a hypocrite.

I'm not sure you understand what Monsinour was saying. He's saying the people that are cashing in by selling the rare figures are greedy. How can Monsinour be greedy (you called him a hypocrite)? It's not greed that causes him to want to get every figure. Materialism, maybe, but not greed.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#133 Posted: 20:51:49 16/02/2012
He said AMERICANS are greedy. Americans are not greedy. People are. What does everyone not get? That is offensive.

And the guy who said Americans are greedy has almost every piece. Do you not see what I see?

I get what he was saying, but saying Americans are greedy is wrong, AND offensive.
#134 Posted: 20:59:29 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Its not greedy to have them all. I don't sell what I have for large profits. I have had 4 auctions on ebay and only one went for double retail. There were 2 that went for $5 over retail and one sold for current retail. I barely profited anything after fees. If barely making a profit is greedy, what do you call a CEO?

Quote: Himewad
I'm not sure you understand what Monsinour was saying. He's saying the people that are cashing in by selling the rare figures are greedy. How can Monsinour be greedy (you called him a hypocrite)? It's not greed that causes him to want to get every figure. Materialism, maybe, but not greed.

I am also sure there is a lack of understanding going on, hence me not lashing back. Its also not materialism. I got the gold because I knew the auction was going to end at a cheaper than "market value" and it would be a good "investment." I am not really planning on reselling the gold flameslinger and I just might open it at some point. I got the metallic cynder because i like purple, it looks really freaking cool, and it was local. I barely paid anything for it, according to "market value." Had I not acquired it, I would not have lost any sleep over it. I was also given the opportunity to attend toy fair by borrowing some credentials to get in before the public access days. I turned the opportunity down because I already had the cynder, and it would have cost more than my perceived value to get there and back. I consider both figures neato and treasure them. My kids have already played with the metallic cynder and will continue to do so. I have all the figures out simply because my kids want them. Its not like I have multiples, well I do have 2 whirlwinds to eliminate the fighting.

Tell me this himewad, why did you feel the need to go and get the legendary figures? Don't you already have a spyro, chop chop, and bash? (yes, I am playing devils advocate.)
---
My kids own :
#135 Posted: 21:04:57 16/02/2012
He said AMERICANS are greedy. Americans are not greedy. People are. What does everyone not get? That is offensive.

And the guy who said Americans are greedy has almost every piece. Do you not see what I see?

I get what he was saying, but saying Americans are greedy is wrong, AND offensive.

Um...I'm an American and I'm not offended by the statement at all. Assuming you are an American yourself and an adult you shouldnt be either. Because there isnt anything wrong about that statement. If People are Greedy, and Americans are People, ergo Americans are Greedy. Unless you want to say Americans arent people, because then you are being offensive.
#136 Posted: 21:13:46 16/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord

Um...I'm an American and I'm not offended by the statement at all. Assuming you are an American yourself and an adult you shouldnt be either. Because there isnt anything wrong about that statement. If People are Greedy, and Americans are People, ergo Americans are Greedy. Unless you want to say Americans arent people, because then you are being offensive.

OK this is the last time I am posting on this topic.

Your argument logic is terrible/non-exsitant. Americans are people, so Americans are greedy? LOL

I am personally offended, and yes I am American. I'm so sick of the "Americans are greedy" stereotype.

Obviously no one can get off this guys dick, so thats why I am not posting on Pearl Hex page anymore.

One last time so everyone gets what I am saying.

AMERICANS ARE NOT GREEDY, PEOPLE ARE. JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE IN AMERICA ARE GREEDY, DOES NOT MEEN AMERICANS ARE GREEDY. I AM AN AMERICAN, AND AM NOT GREEDY. HOWEVER THIS GUY IS CALLING ME, AND MY COUNTRY GREEDY. Very offensive.
#137 Posted: 21:21:28 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator

You apparently do not understand. Greed, in this case, is all about making money. Selling an $8 figure for $300 is an extreme case of greed. This is what I find offensive. Have you, or anyone else, seen a pearl hex on ebay? I didnt think so. This makes americans look like rotten, greedy, little aholes. If europeans were greedy, we would have seen atleast 10 of the pearl hexes on ebay by now. Having all of the figures available is not a greedy thing. I think you are focusing your jelousy in the wrong direction.

If you want me to offend you with an anti american statement, I can appease you. Americans are fat, lazy, and stupid. BTW, its all true too.

If A is B
And B is C
then A is C

good ole college, what would I have done without you? I think the general world consensus is that americans are greedy. I mean really, what other nation throws away as much food as we do yet spends so much at the grocery store purchasing said food? What other nation has as large of a gap between the rich and the poor (10% of the population controlling 90% of the wealth)? Why do CEOs of nonprofit organizations pay themselves so damn much?
---
My kids own :
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#138 Posted: 21:33:04 16/02/2012

You apparently do not understand. Greed, in this case, is all about making money. Selling an $8 figure for $300 is an extreme case of greed. This is what I find offensive. Have you, or anyone else, seen a pearl hex on ebay? I didnt think so. This makes americans look like rotten, greedy, little aholes. If europeans were greedy, we would have seen atleast 10 of the pearl hexes on ebay by now. Having all of the figures available is not a greedy thing. I think you are focusing your jelousy in the wrong direction.

If you want me to offend you with an anti american statement, I can appease you. Americans are fat, lazy, and stupid. BTW, its all true too.

If A is B
And B is C
then A is C

good ole college, what would I have done without you? I think the general world consensus is that americans are greedy. I mean really, what other nation throws away as much food as we do yet spends so much at the grocery store purchasing said food? What other nation has as large of a gap between the rich and the poor (10% of the population controlling 90% of the wealth)? Why do CEOs of nonprofit organizations pay themselves so damn much?

Actually, Europeans are more greedy than most americans because most stuff in europe cost more than the same thing in America.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#139 Posted: 21:34:51 16/02/2012
Oh come on...
I'm sensitive.
I'm an American.
I'm not offended at all, in fact I agree.
---
but i love it all smooth
#140 Posted: 21:34:53 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rays
Actually, Europeans are more greedy than most americans because most stuff in europe cost more than the same thing in America.

What? Seriously? What are you basing that on? You do realize that the dollar is not worth as much as the euro let alone the pound. Fudge ripples, the canadian dollar is worth more than the american dollar.
---
My kids own :
#141 Posted: 21:35:01 16/02/2012

That is an untrue stereotype.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#142 Posted: 21:36:12 16/02/2012

What? Seriously? What are you basing that on? You do realize that the dollar is not worth as much as the euro let alone the pound. Fudge ripples, the canadian dollar is worth more than the american dollar.

I know but if the money were the same amounts european stuff will be more expensive than american stuff.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#143 Posted: 21:36:16 16/02/2012 | Topic Creator

What one? I need to know what links to post for proof.
---
My kids own :
#144 Posted: 21:37:08 16/02/2012

The one that Americans are fat, lazy and greedy. What country are you from?
---
PortalMaster #517721
#145 Posted: 21:38:55 16/02/2012

Uh... Its a very TRUE stereotype.
#146 Posted: 21:41:31 16/02/2012

Uh... Its a very TRUE stereotype.

No it isn't. So 200 pounds to you is now fat. And not everyone weighs 250 pounds in the USA.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:42:20 16/02/2012 by Rays
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#147 Posted: 21:46:12 16/02/2012
Can we PLEASE stop arguing over the validity of stereotypes? Thank you!
#148 Posted: 21:48:54 16/02/2012
The average weight of Americans is almost a whopping 25lbs heavier than it was 50 years ago, while the average height is only 1 inch taller.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#149 Posted: 21:51:14 16/02/2012
Tell me this himewad, why did you feel the need to go and get the legendary figures? Don't you already have a spyro, chop chop, and bash? (yes, I am playing devils advocate.)

It must be because I'm a greedy american smilie

The REAL reason, however, is because my 7-year old kid is going ape-**** over this game and its figures, and I enjoy spending time with him playing it. He knows about the legendary figures (I assume because he also has the 3DS version - or maybe they are in the guide book), and has mentioned many times that he would really like to get them. I cannot wait to give them to him, because it will blow his mind (I have told him that they are hard to get and we might not be able to get them). Monsinour understands my point of view. If you don't have kids, you won't get it.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#150 Posted: 21:51:52 16/02/2012
The average weight of Americans is almost a whopping 25lbs heavier than it was 50 years ago, while the average height is only 1 inch taller.

I know it is true but I don't like people making fun of the people in my country. And if you ignorant people on this forum say that I am just saying this because I am probably the same as an average american well I am not the average american.
---
PortalMaster #517721
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me