Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > how much should I pay for Cynder on ebay?
Page 1 of 1
how much should I pay for Cynder on ebay? [CLOSED]
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#1 Posted: 20:01:09 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone.

I just bought the triple Pack F and Empire Oof Ice.

But I can't find a Cynder under 34$

I know she's very rare so I decided to put my max limit on 20$ but is this enough? (include shipping 30-35 $)
What do you think? How much should I spend on her?

ps:I'm not really a collector but there are 3 Skylanders I would pay a higher price for than regular and these are Cynder, Sunburn and Camo.
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 20:04:13 02/02/2012
Honestly? Don't.

Try your luck with an online store. I believe theres a zoolert thread someone made that said how to do it so you can keep checking sites to see when they have her in stock.

I got lucky and found Cynder at gamestop's online store. All in all I paid about $14 for everything; ordered on Friday, got it Monday.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#3 Posted: 20:04:38 02/02/2012

Keep checking with gamestop.com they get them instock a few times a week.
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#4 Posted: 20:05:11 02/02/2012
I think I would wait and pay retail for her. My daughter wants Cynder very much and says that next to Hex she'll be her favorite figure of them all.

Even thought she wants it desperately, and as a doting daddy I want her to have it just as much, we're both willing to wait for her.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#5 Posted: 20:06:00 02/02/2012
Personally I wouldnt pay more than around $12 plus shipping on a figure. It really boils down to how much you want it. Humans as said in another thread here are an impatient lot as a whole. There are likely to be more Cynders released in the last wave with the new characters. You can suck it up and wait since you are going to be forced to wait on the last two of your "want" list anyways. Or you can slap down the cash now assuming you don't want to do the ritual hunting of major retailers like some people have done.
#6 Posted: 20:07:02 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm from Germany. To buy things from the US I only have PayPal. eBay is the only place I know they accept it.

Quote: GothamLord
Personally I wouldnt pay more than around $12 plus shipping on a figure.

Nice smilie That's less than the regular price here : 10€ =13,14$
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:01 02/02/2012 by Phoenixdragon
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#7 Posted: 20:09:09 02/02/2012
No brick and mortar stores in Germany that will get these eventually? I mean, if you have no avenues I recommend you make friends with someone on these boards to pick it up for you rather than give in to the scalper greed.

I'm sure that at retail with shipping you'll save money in the end.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#8 Posted: 20:09:16 02/02/2012
Again you can be impatient and over pay now, or ride the storm until it calms down and pay a reasonable retail price.
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#9 Posted: 20:22:07 02/02/2012
Cynder was on gamestop yesterday in the triple pack for $19.99. Gamestop is really reliable. I paid $2 for it to come in 11 days and instead the skylander came in 6 days.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#10 Posted: 20:28:48 02/02/2012
Phoenix, preorder from Amazon? Sure, you may have to wait, but you'll be paying retail prices... Wait, looks like they've filled their quotas already...

HMV!

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMu...ubmitSearch.y=0

£8 for the figure, £2.50 to ship to Germany.

£10.50 in total, making about 12.61 euros smilie
#11 Posted: 21:04:03 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I already preordered at the beginning of January and it was cancelled. And I'm tired of waiting....
I don't care about paying more than the regular price. I just wanted to know (if someone here's a coolector or something) how much money Cynder is worth.
---

bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#12 Posted: 21:11:51 02/02/2012
I would say, as much as you're willing to pay. Personally, no matter how much I want a figure, I don't want to pay much more than retail price, even if it means I have to wait
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#13 Posted: 21:21:15 02/02/2012
Quote: Phoenixdragon
I already preordered at the beginning of January and it was cancelled. And I'm tired of waiting....
I don't care about paying more than the regular price. I just wanted to know (if someone here's a coolector or something) how much money Cynder is worth.

Cynder is worth whatever it is your willing to pay.

I got one on ebay for around 28 with shipping. I also got one from gamestop for 19 with shipping. Had I knew the gamestop was going to have 2, I would have gotten them both from there, but I won the ebay auction first. oh well, I got the figure for me and a buddy so were happy.

I, personally would have waited until I found it in the store, but I had a time constraint so paying a little more didnt bother me. I would try to find int in an online store and try not to go over 20. Check for auctions that end at 09:00 am PST. Best time to snag a win for the cheap.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
SkyDad Red Sparx Gems: 79
#14 Posted: 21:25:02 02/02/2012
I would just wait to buy her in the store. I've seen her 3 different times now, but still haven't gotten her because I have seen her pretty frequently recently.

But, if I were to rate her rarity and price it right this second. I would say I wouldn't pay more than $25 for the rarest Skylander.
---
Owned: *smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*
#15 Posted: 21:26:54 02/02/2012
Just wait one week and buy it on Gamestop. Gamestop has it in stock online for one day every week.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#16 Posted: 21:39:39 02/02/2012
What's a good price?
However much you want to pay.

She's $8-10 retail, and shipping is anywhere from $3-6.

$20 shipped would be my personal limit for a single-pack skylander, but everyone has their own opinions.

Quote: Rays
Cynder was on gamestop yesterday in the triple pack for $19.99. Gamestop is really reliable. I paid $2 for it to come in 11 days and instead the skylander came in 6 days.

I've never heard of Cynder being in a triple pack, who does she come with?
---
#all Spyros are valid
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#17 Posted: 21:48:16 02/02/2012
$7.99 + shipping.
#18 Posted: 21:48:52 02/02/2012
Last rumor I heard for Cynder in the three pack was Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook. She should only be available as a single currently.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:50 02/02/2012 by GothamLord
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#19 Posted: 22:49:25 02/02/2012
I bought Cynder from GameMaster on here for only $16. and that includes shipping. So dont give up and dont pay the ridiculous amounts they want on ebay! you can always find someone on here who can find you one while theyre trying to get one, or you can just find it in stores yourselves.

Wave 3 is starting to show up more and more in my area's stores, so dont give up!!
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#20 Posted: 23:00:01 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: terranakari
I bought Cynder from GameMaster on here for only $16. and that includes shipping. So dont give up and dont pay the ridiculous amounts they want on ebay! you can always find someone on here who can find you one while theyre trying to get one, or you can just find it in stores yourselves.

Wave 3 is starting to show up more and more in my area's stores, so dont give up!!

Thank you for the advice. I found one on ebay which ends tomorrow. At the moment she's 9$. If I don't get her I will ask someone around here.
---

chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#21 Posted: 23:06:21 02/02/2012
To recap.

How much should you pay? Retail.

How much will you pay? Whatever you think it is worth - you can wait longer and pay less or pay more and get it now. The choice is yours and yours alone.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#22 Posted: 23:08:33 02/02/2012
Quote: Okaps
What's a good price?
However much you want to pay.

She's $8-10 retail, and shipping is anywhere from $3-6.

$20 shipped would be my personal limit for a single-pack skylander, but everyone has their own opinions.

Quote: Rays

I've never heard of Cynder being in a triple pack, who does she come with?

I meant single pack for $9.99. While I was typing that I was thinking about a triple pack on gamestop so I accidently wrote triple pack.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#23 Posted: 23:52:24 02/02/2012
Heres an idea. don't buy it on ebay.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me