Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A kick-butt idea. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 17:30:21 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I asked Nat Loh at Toys for Bob the other day, if the gold figures could be in a different grade. He gave me an analogy based on the old - and awesome - toy line, Battle Beasts, showing me how different each figure could look.

That got me joking with him, about Toys for Bob announcing Battle Beasts: The Game.

Then it really got me thinking, how frickin' awesome would it be, if Toys for Bob brought back Battle Beasts, but as a game, where figures come to life?

Battle Beast toys were awesome. Toys for Bob could do something good with that property.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#2 Posted: 17:36:02 02/02/2012
Battle Beasts!

If I have to sell my house to afford more figures I will not have a place to store them!!

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:38:47 02/02/2012 by GothamLord
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 17:41:48 02/02/2012
Never heard of Battle Beasts, so I did a quick google search. I can definitely see the similarities.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#4 Posted: 17:43:30 02/02/2012
I used to have some of those guys, Your right it would be awesome. Especially since they where elemental, fire beat wood, and water beat fire, and so on....
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#5 Posted: 17:45:22 02/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
Never heard of Battle Beasts, so I did a quick google search. I can definitely see the similarities.

I think they were after our time. I think you and I would agree that kenner star wars or really old VW Bumble Bee would be better options.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#6 Posted: 18:05:39 02/02/2012
Well yes any heavily established franchise like Star Wars or Transformers would benefit and see insane sales. I could see a really well done D&D (or any other RPG) video game concept coming from this as well. Minatures with real stats saved into them.
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#7 Posted: 18:17:27 02/02/2012
Anyone remember the board game Heroquest. It was like lite version of d&d , came with 4 hero figs (dwarf, barbarian, mage, theif) and a bunch of bad guys figs, also had expansion sets. It would do well to be updated to something like skylanders.
#8 Posted: 18:19:25 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, Gotham, the idea of Skylanders came from an old employee of TSR, who used to make D&D rulebooks. He said he would look at his pewter figures, and imagine them coming to life.

An RPG using toys that come to life in the game, that could be cross-platform, would be awesome.

Imagine an open-world RPG, that has CO-OP. You could go to a friend's house and play with your leveled up character.

This open world could have a colliseum for Battles, that you would have to travel to, multiple towns with TONS of quests, on top of the main story quests, and optional dungeons. There could even be like 5 dungeons that are randomly generated, so they are never the same, but the reward at the end would be.

Also imagine, instanced battles for big groups (could include online), where everyone can pick their figure, place it on a portal of sorts, and go in as a massive group to kill a big boss.

Toys for Bob could create something that awesome, if they wanted to.

There could still be Adventure Packs and such. But, how about Boss Packs? You buy bosses, that can range in difficulty, which upon defeating, you or your group of players, could all receive a unique reward from them?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:29:10 02/02/2012 by GameMaster78
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#9 Posted: 20:03:13 02/02/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Well, Gotham, the idea of Skylanders came from an old employee of TSR, who used to make D&D rulebooks. He said he would look at his pewter figures, and imagine them coming to life.

An RPG using toys that come to life in the game, that could be cross-platform, would be awesome.

Imagine an open-world RPG, that has CO-OP. You could go to a friend's house and play with your leveled up character.

This open world could have a colliseum for Battles, that you would have to travel to, multiple towns with TONS of quests, on top of the main story quests, and optional dungeons. There could even be like 5 dungeons that are randomly generated, so they are never the same, but the reward at the end would be.

Also imagine, instanced battles for big groups (could include online), where everyone can pick their figure, place it on a portal of sorts, and go in as a massive group to kill a big boss.

There could still be Adventure Packs and such. But, how about Boss Packs? You buy bosses, that can range in difficulty, which upon defeating, you or your group of players, could all receive a unique reward from them?

Hmmm, a console version of World of Warcraft that uses these portals for our characters and saves their inventory, stats, spec and spellbooks inside a chip in the figure. Then you go on XBOX live or what have you and do a 10 or 25 man raid?

COUNT ME SO IN!
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 21:23:38 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: skyp1e
Quote: GameMaster78

Hmmm, a console version of World of Warcraft that uses these portals for our characters and saves their inventory, stats, spec and spellbooks inside a chip in the figure. Then you go on XBOX live or what have you and do a 10 or 25 man raid?

COUNT ME SO IN!

The instanced stuff could be online only, and that's how you can get some rare stuff like hats and such.

However, for the rest of the game, Battle in the Colliseum could be off and online, gameplay can be up to 4 players (since it's open world). Offline, the group would have to stay together on one screen. Online, players are free to traverse the land how they see fit. However, team play is prefered, so there would be bonuses for those who stuck together.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#11 Posted: 22:23:25 02/02/2012
You had be at Battle Beasts...../awesome.
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#12 Posted: 22:53:27 02/02/2012
omg this topic has so much win in it, its making me want these to be real!!

but seriously! this type of game play opens so many doors for other games!

imagine a Marvel VS Capcom game where instead of unlocking characters in the game/storyline you just go out and buy them! Level them up get thier abilities, go thru storyline with them, costumes, etc. I'd love to go to my friends house where he doesnt have a spider-man yet i do kind of thing. super cool.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#13 Posted: 22:55:54 02/02/2012
Quote: Brutungo
Anyone remember the board game Heroquest. It was like lite version of d&d , came with 4 hero figs (dwarf, barbarian, mage, theif) and a bunch of bad guys figs, also had expansion sets. It would do well to be updated to something like skylanders.

Someone has to say it - Talisman!
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me