Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Did you get to use your ToysRUs Coupon? (expires today)
Page 1 of 1
Did you get to use your ToysRUs Coupon? (expires today) [CLOSED]
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#1 Posted: 21:29:00 31/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Like a lot of people I spent enough at TRU to qualify for a free Skylanders figure come 2012. I even shopped there after they raised their prices to $10/$25 to try and qualify for two... then found out you could only earn 1.

Like a lot of people I thought it would be Legendary Trigger Happy...

Anyway, when wave 3 came out I was just hoping to be able to use it on one of them.

Regularly checking my TRU, I have only ever seen wave 1 there. I assume they had wave 2 but I never saw it. They have restocked wave 1 multiple times this month.

I ended up trading my coupon for a Drobot today. We have everyone else from wave 1 and were not planning on getting the cybernetic draconic abomination. Lasers? My kids watched the trailers online and said he was one they were definitely not interested in getting. I'll keep him in the box for now.

Afterward I went to Target and found the two Wrecking Balls I was looking for. I skipped my chance to buy him before thinking no one would be interested in him. Then my little girls saw the trailer and thought he was the cutest thing ever. They had never heard of a " reckin ball " and still don't know what a real one is but have been talking nonstop about it since they saw him. My oldest (5) wants to dust him sparkly pink stuff.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#2 Posted: 21:32:21 31/01/2012
I think Drobot is one of the best characters. One thing that's nice about his laser attack is that you can just hold the attack button down and he'll continue to shoot lasers instead of having to push the button for every laser shot. I find him the easiest to battle with. Who knows, maybe he'll end up being more fun than he looks!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 21:40:46 31/01/2012
I decided to just use it a few weeks ago and get Drobot. Like you, I was hoping to spend it on a new character, but seeing as there weren't any, I THEN wanted to use it on a character I wasn't really planning on getting (like Boomer) until I just decided I was gonna get all of the characters.

Luckily, one of my stores actually had some in to use it on. It's not really fair that we spent all the money to get the coupon, then they don't have anything in to actually use the coupon on, but what are ya gonna do. Out of the ones they had, i figured Drobot being the strongest would help me sell him, but no bites so far.

I helped out a lady buying things for her kid, and that was the day I also got the Legendary sign from there too.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:27 31/01/2012 by spyroflame0487
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#4 Posted: 22:22:40 31/01/2012
Quote: Toleroh
Like a lot of people I spent enough at TRU to qualify for a free Skylanders figure come 2012. I even shopped there after they raised their prices to $10/$25 to try and qualify for two... then found out you could only earn 1.

Like a lot of people I thought it would be Legendary Trigger Happy...

Anyway, when wave 3 came out I was just hoping to be able to use it on one of them.

Regularly checking my TRU, I have only ever seen wave 1 there. I assume they had wave 2 but I never saw it. They have restocked wave 1 multiple times this month.

I ended up trading my coupon for a Drobot today. We have everyone else from wave 1 and were not planning on getting the cybernetic draconic abomination. Lasers? My kids watched the trailers online and said he was one they were definitely not interested in getting. I'll keep him in the box for now.

Afterward I went to Target and found the two Wrecking Balls I was looking for. I skipped my chance to buy him before thinking no one would be interested in him. Then my little girls saw the trailer and thought he was the cutest thing ever. They had never heard of a " reckin ball " and still don't know what a real one is but have been talking nonstop about it since they saw him. My oldest (5) wants to dust him sparkly pink stuff.

If your kids like that wrecking ball, they will love this wrecking ball.

---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me