Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The speed of delivery [CLOSED]
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#1 Posted: 17:52:14 30/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Last week Thursday at around 3 pm I placed an order with Gamestop for a Cynder. I paid for the 2-3 day shipping and I got my tracking number later that day. The tracking said it was to arrive today. About 5 minutes prior, I won an auction for a Cynder and convinced the seller to use priority mail. The tracking on it was not displayed, I dont think the seller put it in there. Well the USPS beat UPS and the cynder is here from the auction. Its kinda wierd that it worked out this way. Just found it odd that the snail mail was faster (from KY) than UPS (from TX) using the same 2-3 day delivery service.

And no, both Cynders are not mine. One is headed down to Australia.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2 Posted: 18:17:45 30/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Irrelevant, IMO. It's not like you cleaned out a shelf from a store. You bought single items on two different web sites, and paid shipping for each.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#3 Posted: 18:28:54 30/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Himewad
Quote: Monsinour

Irrelevant, IMO. It's not like you cleaned out a shelf from a store. You bought single items on two different web sites, and paid shipping for each.

One never knows with the snippyness that exists on this board.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#4 Posted: 18:45:42 30/01/2012
I'm coming around to not care how many copies people have. If someone wants to buy 10 copies, fine. Just don't gouge people on eBay.

And I'm firmly of the belief that Activision will make sure that there are TONS of these little dudes available eventually. You may not get lucky right after the waves are released, but if you are patient, you will get the ones you want eventually.

That goes for the legendary figures, as well. I don't believe Activision intended for those figures to be rare. Just exclusive to TRU. They made a bunch, never expecting them to be in such demand (similar to the game itself). But when demand went through the roof, they made plans to produce a lot more. The legendaries may remain a TRU exclusive, but I think they will be flooding stores soon enough.

The silvers, golds, and soon-to-be-released blue figures, though? Those are different. They seem to be rare to extremely rare. Collectible, sure, but how much they'll really be worth in 10 years, 20 years ... impossible to say. Buy 'em if you've got the dispensable income, I suppose. But me? I'm content with one copy of each non-rare figure.
---
#5 Posted: 19:08:27 30/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Just got my cynder so USPS won by only an hour, LOL.
---
My kids own :
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#6 Posted: 19:13:38 30/01/2012
yeah I ordered my drobot from toysrus and got the tracking number and then my dad bought it on ebay and the Drobot from toysrus was in Ohio and then it was sent to newyork and then michigan when It could of come to Illinois straight from ohio
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#7 Posted: 19:48:52 30/01/2012
I'm coming around to not care how many copies people have. If someone wants to buy 10 copies, fine. Just don't gouge people on eBay.

And I'm firmly of the belief that Activision will make sure that there are TONS of these little dudes available eventually. You may not get lucky right after the waves are released, but if you are patient, you will get the ones you want eventually.

That goes for the legendary figures, as well. I don't believe Activision intended for those figures to be rare. Just exclusive to TRU. They made a bunch, never expecting them to be in such demand (similar to the game itself). But when demand went through the roof, they made plans to produce a lot more. The legendaries may remain a TRU exclusive, but I think they will be flooding stores soon enough.

The silvers, golds, and soon-to-be-released blue figures, though? Those are different. They seem to be rare to extremely rare. Collectible, sure, but how much they'll really be worth in 10 years, 20 years ... impossible to say. Buy 'em if you've got the dispensable income, I suppose. But me? I'm content with one copy of each non-rare figure.

I think I'm on board with this too. I couldn't say that before, but really, Activision is all about the money. Look at Bobby Kotick. You think he likes that other people are able to get 4 times what he is charging for them on ebay? No. Activision will produc more, I think. Just as long as I can still fill in the holes in my collection later, then I have no problem if people want to buy 50 of each character. I just want to get my 1 of each non-rare, as you have said.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#8 Posted: 20:09:50 30/01/2012
Ah yeah. Wanna know what's really crazy? That one that I ordered I posted about was coming from TX too, but it's coming in the mail in a few hours.

From the various things that I've ordered, only a few times have I gotten something at the end of the time frame that something was to get to me. For a lot of ebay users (And my family when we sold stuff), we'd usually send things out the next day, since our main post office is like..10 minutes away. Although a lot of people send them out on a certain day or something.

I guess for companies it just depends on what time they get the package to the PO to get on the road.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ArkeyanForce Green Sparx Gems: 402
#9 Posted: 22:53:58 01/02/2012

Umm I think activision will try to limit stock so they can raise demand and prices
---
FINALLY FOUND HOT HEAD!!!
#10 Posted: 14:29:57 02/02/2012
Quote: ArkeyanForce
Umm I think activision will try to limit stock so they can raise demand and prices

Yeah, just like they did with Guitar Hero smilie

Those things were just impossible to find on the shelf (deserving of another smilie )
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me