Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Other Toy Collections Besides Skylanders?
Page 1 of 1
Other Toy Collections Besides Skylanders? [CLOSED]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1 Posted: 06:19:06 30/01/2012 | Topic Creator
We all love Skylanders, but surely there are other toys to collect. Does anyone have any other toy collections?

As a kid, I had every single toy from Thomas the Tank Engine seasons 1-3, but I only have a few of them left now. I recently noticed in the toy isle these absolutely GORGEOUS Thomas trains, and had to start collecting them. Only problem is this line of toys came out in 2010, so they're kinda tough to find at this point.

[User Posted Image]

I only intend to get the first seven trains, (Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon, James, Percy and Toby) but these toys kick the snot out of the toys I had as a kid, and those were pretty high quality. It's REALLY hard to resist opening them up and playing with them. smilie And before you call me out on liking Thomas, let me defend myself by saying that Thomas the Tank Engine season 1 is a fantastic show for both kids AND adults, and is one of my favourite shows. Season 2 and 3 aren't quite as good, but they were still awesome. Season 4 was meh, and everything after that was garbage. Then season 13 came along and changed it to be all CGI, and a large part of my childhood died a brutal death.

Still need to find Edward, James, and Toby. James might be tough seeing as how he's one of the most popular characters.

I'm also collecting the Power Rangers Samurai toys. I just started watching the show the other day, and I had a blast. I haven't watched Power Rangers since I was a very little kid watching the Mighty Morphin episodes, so this has been really fun to watch.

[User Posted Image]

I only intend to get the toys of the standard Rangers, and I know where I can find the red and blue rangers. I'll probably pick them up tomorrow.

How about you? Any other toy collections you have? Are there any others you're still working on?
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:31:55 30/01/2012 by DinoHex
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 06:38:32 30/01/2012
This topic is off-topic if it doesn't talk about Skylanders, Dino.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#3 Posted: 06:39:29 30/01/2012
a topic thats off topic? thats new.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#4 Posted: 06:44:42 30/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I figured it was close enough to the subject of Skylanders, what with it being about collecting toys, which is a big part of the appeal of Skylanders. I feel it's still suitable for the Skylanders forum since this is where a lot of the toy collectors would probably be. If this were a topic about something like furnature manufacturing, then yeah, it wouldn't belong. It's at least on the subject of toys, which is what Skylanders are. Skylanders and toys are an overlapping interest.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:53:26 30/01/2012 by DinoHex
Sackexchange Blue Sparx Gems: 802
#5 Posted: 06:55:04 30/01/2012
I bought my 5 year old every transformers and marvel mighty muggs. They don't really make them anymore except special events so now I get him some mez-itz when I see a good deal.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me