Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
should I get legendary skylanders [CLOSED]
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#1 Posted: 22:40:30 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
intended to buy but I have to wait for more to arrive. I don't know if I should spend money on clones but I still may
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 22:45:44 26/01/2012
They've been discontinued, no more will arrive.

Edit: Well, except for the unreleased Legendary Trigger Happy
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:11 26/01/2012 by bionicle2809
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#3 Posted: 22:47:01 26/01/2012
Tough call, i got them cause they are so rare right now. I admit though they do look pretty cool in the game and they do have a little higher stats than the normal ones. Its your call really. Just dont make the same mistake i did lol i had the exact amount of money i needed for wave three until i found the legendaries smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#4 Posted: 22:48:51 26/01/2012
they haven't been discontinued, there will be more

this was a couple of days ago somwhere on this forum ... "As for the discussions about the Legendary 3-pack: The Legendary toys are TRU exclusives. I asked the Skylanders team here at work on Friday and they confirmed it, then someone else from the team confirmed it this morning just to make sure I'd gotten an answer. They said more are being made now and TRU stores should get restocks in the coming weeks/months." ... Dan Amrich, Social Media Manager, Activision - http://oneofswords.com/
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 22:49:24 26/01/2012
More are supposed to be showing up in stores soon, albeit at the higher $24.99 price.

While they are just palette swaps, they ARE nice to have for choosing the alternate paths for Spyro, Chop Chop and Bash.

L-Triggs will be in a single pack which is $9.99.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#6 Posted: 22:51:54 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
damn it moneys tight, well I don't have a job and I am young
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:06 26/01/2012 by spyro assasin
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#7 Posted: 22:52:33 26/01/2012
Quote: t7gga
they haven't been discontinued, there will be more

this was a couple of days ago somwhere on this forum ... "As for the discussions about the Legendary 3-pack: The Legendary toys are TRU exclusives. I asked the Skylanders team here at work on Friday and they confirmed it, then someone else from the team confirmed it this morning just to make sure I'd gotten an answer. They said more are being made now and TRU stores should get restocks in the coming weeks/months." ... Dan Amrich, Social Media Manager, Activision - http://oneofswords.com/

I posted that in the One of Swords thread on this forum.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#8 Posted: 23:04:48 26/01/2012
on topic Well they are the strongest version of spyro bash and chop chop and they look amazing
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#9 Posted: 23:06:47 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
well I can choose the other path but I also have dark spyro so big blur
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#10 Posted: 23:14:45 26/01/2012
Quote: spyro assasin
well I can choose the other path but I also have dark spyro so big blur

Sounds like you don't want it, so why are you trying to let us talk you into it?
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#11 Posted: 23:16:59 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
no I want ,it is just that little problem
#12 Posted: 23:18:47 26/01/2012
Well choose which one feels better for you
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#13 Posted: 23:19:31 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
horns!!!!
#14 Posted: 23:28:06 26/01/2012
as for the L trigger happy i would def get him he is awsome and fun i wanna try his other path his lazer beam charge is Op
---
#15 Posted: 23:34:28 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
wanna get giant coin. gun attack is path for normal. I don't use the pot of gold alot and I don't equalise my skylanders
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#16 Posted: 23:37:38 26/01/2012
I would get them, i feel like they may be a pallete swop with the same moves and everything, but they're still awesome! and they have different stats, same for for dark spyro, and besides, the legendaries are nice to have in your collection and like other people have said, you can choose a different path for them and it'll all be good. I like to think of the other spyros, bashs, and chopchops(and now trigger happy) as their own unique characters.

its all up to you but they will be availalbe to the public again BESIDES the ridiculous ebay prices. which is what im waiting for(with some forum members help). you could always save the money up now and put it away for later like ill be doing. =) but yea its up to you, i'd do it though, get em, but not yet, wait until theyre in stores again for a much cheaper price. smilie
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#17 Posted: 23:38:44 26/01/2012
Yes, get them. Buy them from a European seller on eBay, do what you have to, because the cost is only going to skyrocket from here. They really do appear to be discontinued, and if you're posting this, then obviously there is some level of desire to add them to your collection. It's probably just going to fester if you don't, in my opinion, and when each Legendary pack is selling for $300 in a couple of months, you'll know you did the right thing. Think forward on this, not solely in the present.
#18 Posted: 23:42:42 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
baby's come back. legendarys why did I abuse you smilie

ok maybe I went a little too far smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:01:50 27/01/2012 by spyro assasin
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#19 Posted: 00:29:27 27/01/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Yes, get them. Buy them from a European seller on eBay, do what you have to, because the cost is only going to skyrocket from here. They really do appear to be discontinued, and if you're posting this, then obviously there is some level of desire to add them to your collection. It's probably just going to fester if you don't, in my opinion, and when each Legendary pack is selling for $300 in a couple of months, you'll know you did the right thing. Think forward on this, not solely in the present.

I hate to be contrarian but there is evidence that they will be re-released so when that happens, how are people going to feel about following the hysteria and paying so much when they could have been patient?

For the record, even if they do not get re-released I still maintain that the hysteria will die down in the following months/years so that "investment" people bought will only be worth chump change down the line, in the intermediate future.

Yes, I paid a bit over $150 for each gold fig but I did it for me and not for some perceived profit down the line, based on "greater fool" theory.

And, yes, the Leg 3 pack I bought it open and the kids play with them - I saw no point keeping it MIB. My Volcanic Vault is also opened to play with (although I kept the little cardboard box it came in as that takes up so little room).
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#20 Posted: 00:37:09 27/01/2012
Not contrarian at all, chaosworrier. If there's evidence they will be re-released, than I've got all the reason I need to retract what I said. I was still under the impression that representatives from both Toys 'R' Us and Activision were telling customers they were kaput, gone, a memory, etc., but if there's reason to believe otherwise, then let's all start believing otherwise. Hopefully they do. The Legendary characters, palette swaps though they may be, do add a lot to the game in my opinion. ... Mainly because these palette swaps are all far more aesthetically appealing than the originals, but still!
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#21 Posted: 02:02:54 27/01/2012
I know its here in the one of swords post but I will copy paste it here. Straight from the one of swords facebook page :

Quote: one of swords
One of Swords Geez -- reading over there, I know T7 was unhappy that I could not offer specific details on the UK retail side of things, but I do not work in the UK retail side of things. I don't think I'm useless, but I definitely could not offer her information that I personally do not have access to. Being an insider does not mean having carte blanche to all information, even when I ask politely. If my registration is approved, I will say as much there, but it was interesting to be painted as a useless villain.

Anyway, I got second confirmation today that the Legendary 3-pack will be returning later this year, and it is a Toys R Us exlcusive. So your bet is safe and you will be collecting on that in the coming months. I will try to find out if they are expecting a specific window for those to ship, but this is exactly the kind of stuff they generally do not a) share with me or b) sometimes even know themselves, because of the way the retail chain works. Internally, I have been discussing the differences between a game launch, which has a hard date, and a toy wave/refresh shipment, which often does not have a hard date so much as a loose window. This is so I can understand the difference.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Speersy Red Sparx Gems: 14
#22 Posted: 03:15:10 27/01/2012
Are the legendarys stronger? or are they the same just different colour?
#23 Posted: 03:21:15 27/01/2012
They have better stats.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#24 Posted: 03:28:02 27/01/2012
If you see any of the Legendary packs in Toys'R'Us then I would recommend you buy it but don't pay for the ridiculous amount of money that Ebay and Amazon asking for.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#25 Posted: 11:34:55 27/01/2012
Ridiculous amount is ridiculous
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#26 Posted: 11:38:32 27/01/2012
intended to buy but I have to wait for more to arrive. I don't know if I should spend money on clones but I still may

its nothing to wait for, go buy the legendary's NOW....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:41:40 27/01/2012 by kappapopm
#27 Posted: 11:47:00 27/01/2012
Get excited folks, they are back in the UK:
[User Posted Image]
---
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#28 Posted: 11:48:12 27/01/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
[User Posted Image]

Aww yeah BD

*places order*

*no money in account*

smilie
#29 Posted: 11:50:21 27/01/2012
They are out of stock in the online store, but this is the first time them have been in a store in the last three weeks. Yeeee!
---
#30 Posted: 11:52:56 27/01/2012
They are out of stock in the online store, but this is the first time them have been in a store in the last three weeks. Yeeee!

Yeah, would be wonderful but as the closest store is 30 miles away...
#31 Posted: 11:56:16 27/01/2012
^You did see that my nearest store with stock was only a mere 137 miles away smilie
---
#32 Posted: 12:00:11 27/01/2012
^You did see that my nearest store with stock was only a mere 137 miles away smilie

I can't see that picture on the college computer smilie

*does quick reserve check*

Chesterfield. 64 miles.
#33 Posted: 12:47:11 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: kappapopm

its nothing to wait for, go buy the legendary's NOW....

^ they are not in stock
#34 Posted: 12:51:57 27/01/2012
^Wow that was fast, gone on TRU's site in just over an hour. Good thing I took the screengrab at the time
---
#35 Posted: 14:22:50 27/01/2012
Ridiculous amount is ridiculous

I like how the seller emphasised that they were UK ones and said that was scarcer - given that they had no packaging it really made no difference...
---
Soylent Green is People!
machmandp Blue Sparx Gems: 530
#36 Posted: 15:13:19 27/01/2012
I think that you may find the ones just listed were in fact either an error or 1 set that had found in the stock take the other week

i have a pack coming to my local store from another store and the guy i spoke to said that their were only about 4 left in the country

so don't want to put a downer on things but i'm not sure i'm confident they will be back in stock anytime soon
#37 Posted: 16:05:29 27/01/2012
Buried in the forums is I a post I made shortly after speaking to Activision's help line where it was stated that the Legendary Pack had been sent to suppliers and will be available within the new month. That was about a week and a half ago. I'm keeping the faith here.
---
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#38 Posted: 18:12:27 27/01/2012
Well, they were just taken off of the TRU website...
#39 Posted: 18:54:26 27/01/2012
They are still on the UK site for now
---
skylanderraven Green Sparx Gems: 187
#40 Posted: 19:28:51 27/01/2012
I like the idea of a limited run.
---
OWNED: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie ][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie] WANT: [smilie]
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#41 Posted: 20:00:22 27/01/2012
I've never sold anything on e-bay, only paid way too much for things. If these really are discontinued or limited, I really wish I had snatched several triple packs when they were having the 2 for 1 sale. They were the only thing left on the shelf after Christmas, it was like nobody wanted them.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
#42 Posted: 21:19:11 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

I don't care I want the usa to get more
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#43 Posted: 21:21:31 27/01/2012
[User Posted Image]

Why are you still here, seriously?

A forum is made to share, not for your only pleasure. If you don't care about the others, go away and read blog entries, you don't need to communicate on these. Damn.
#44 Posted: 21:24:59 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
^yikes someone didn't have her coffee
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#45 Posted: 22:34:50 27/01/2012
Quote: Reimu
[User Posted Image]

Why are you still here, seriously?

A forum is made to share, not for your only pleasure. If you don't care about the others, go away and read blog entries, you don't need to communicate on these. Damn.

Actually, a forum is for your only pleasure. USA Rules!!
JK
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#46 Posted: 22:40:29 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
^you rock

but I think we should be a little nicer to other countries

such as Germany or whatever country reimu is living in
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#47 Posted: 02:21:02 28/01/2012
Quote: skylanderraven
I like the idea of a limited run.

Why would they make a limited run, though? If they wanted them to be scarce, they simply wouldn't make any more. If they want to make money, they will meet the current demand.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
SlamBam Green Sparx Gems: 218
#48 Posted: 02:21:57 28/01/2012
I just bought a set of the legendary skylanders from eBay for $130. I know there is evidence that they might come back in stock, but I hate the "what if" factor. If they come back in stock then oh well. If they don't then I'm glad I got mine when I did.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie 37/37
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#49 Posted: 02:29:56 28/01/2012
^ Hmm, seems kind of like a high price. If I were to spend that much on a figure, I probably would spend it on a gold/silver/clear one but as long as you're happy (or if you have kids and it makes them happy), then that's all that matters =).
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#50 Posted: 06:15:41 28/01/2012
Quote: SlamBam
I just bought a set of the legendary skylanders from eBay for $130. I know there is evidence that they might come back in stock, but I hate the "what if" factor. If they come back in stock then oh well. If they don't then I'm glad I got mine when I did.

This is exactly why I wish I had cleaned Toys 'R' us out during the 2 for 1 sale. They had about 15 of them left after Christmas. 15 x $130 = almost 2,000. I would have made all my money back for my skylanders collection and been well on my way to paying for skylanders 2.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me