Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Custom Cases! [CLOSED]
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1 Posted: 22:33:41 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Made these a few days ago. I wasnt going to post them but I decided I would now >.<

Used the name stickers on my poster, and I dont regret it smilie I put the character picture on the bottom so everyone has their own place. They're all separated by element (unless the divider couldnt be moved then they're in the general vicinity but you should be able to tell how it's organized)

I left space for the characters I plan on getting. You can see an extra space for Sunburn, and Extra Space for Camo, and two extra spaces in the second box for Lightning Rod and Wham-Shell. The only character I didn't anticipate was Legendary Trigger Happy (which i WILL get!) but i can probably squeeze him in with regular Trigger Happy and Drobot.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#2 Posted: 22:39:21 26/01/2012
Where did you buy this?
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#3 Posted: 23:14:10 26/01/2012
Nice setup! I have some of mine squashed in a lunchbox. I thought shot glass wall displays might fit the skylanders but some are too wide and too tall.

I think these are the same brand as Gamemasters first cases. Plano Brand tackle organizers or something? He uses some Stanley one now.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=44189
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 23:29:07 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: BerryShaker
Nice setup! I have some of mine squashed in a lunchbox. I thought shot glass wall displays might fit the skylanders but some are too wide and too tall.

I think these are the same brand as Gamemasters first cases. Plano Brand tackle organizers or something? He uses some Stanley one now.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=44189

I got mine at a garage sale and they've been laying around the house so i decided to make use of them. They're inexpensive though for sure.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#5 Posted: 23:46:14 26/01/2012
Seems enough convenient. Nice collection btw!
Gobiin Green Sparx Gems: 221
#6 Posted: 00:12:03 27/01/2012
This was a box designed for Christmas ornaments we picked up on clearance after the holidays. I used sleeves to put the cards/codes/stickers in and then double sided tape to stick it in the spot for each character. This case has room for all normal figures (including adventure levels and items) no room for legendaries, golds, or dark spyro though...
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Goldsmilie
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#7 Posted: 02:30:30 27/01/2012
thats a rly good idea
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#8 Posted: 03:33:33 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Those cases are too big for my liking (I like things to be very confined) and my room is cluttered enough!

But ot each their own! Love to see different peoples ideas!
---
kaz409 Green Sparx Gems: 207
#9 Posted: 04:59:22 27/01/2012
I did something similar to the ornament storage, but used photo boxes instead since I wanted something a bit more subtle and contained. I had to do a fair amount of measuring and cutting matte board for the inserts, but am quite please with the results. Nothing is adhered yet, as I'm waiting until I've decided I'm done collecting - I will ultimately have 2-3 boxes for skylanders and 1 box for the portal, level figures, and bonus figures.

Sorted by element, obviously :B

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:40 27/01/2012 by kaz409
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#10 Posted: 06:54:08 27/01/2012
I really like the idea of photo boxes, you could get them and the matte board at the dollar store and they are easy to find. So if there are another chunk of them for future games it will be cheap and easy to add another box of the same type.
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#11 Posted: 07:04:02 27/01/2012
Sadly i don't have an custom to make...

I have an tower case instead

Also sick with an cold : (|) <monkey fave form Rio
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:04:33 27/01/2012 by Ellioy
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#12 Posted: 08:37:52 27/01/2012
I don't need a case. They have pride of place in my display cabinet ;-)
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#13 Posted: 14:35:27 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I don't need a case. They have pride of place in my display cabinet ;-)

If i had room on my shelves theyd be on them
---
meds081603 Green Sparx Gems: 113
#14 Posted: 14:48:02 27/01/2012
Nice set ups guys! Make my collection just sitting on a shelf look pathetic!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#15 Posted: 15:04:15 27/01/2012
The photobox ones seem neat. However, it's too bad they don't snap together for travel.

The snap-together aspect is the kicker on the Stanley Sortmaster Jr. cases. If those photoboxes held more and snapped together, I would ditch these cases, since they can all stand up inside those photoboxes.

I do like the way you decorated those photobox cases, what with each character's card displayed behind them and dividers for each magical item.

All ideas here seem cool.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:05:55 25/02/2012 by GameMaster78
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#16 Posted: 15:12:50 27/01/2012
I like those photo boxes, too. Nice job, kaz409. You're the leader in the clubhouse.

I do like GM's cases, too, but like he said, they aren't deep enough for the figures to stand up.

Who will be the first one to find a good-looking case that snaps shut? Would be nice to have all figures in 3 cases or less.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#17 Posted: 15:39:40 27/01/2012
Well to be honest, them standing up wouldn't do any good for display, as cases were generally made for toting from one location to the next.

Even though the photoboxes can display them standing up, the box itself intrudes on the figure, making it so if they were on display, all you can see is the box.

Now if someone made a custom case that was big enough for the figures to stand upright with an HD clear glass or plastic cover, that would be sweet. However, it would have to be big enough to display all 37 Skylanders, if it wanted to be used for home display and travel.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#18 Posted: 16:00:07 27/01/2012
It would also be nice if someone could line the dividers with something softer than plastic. I have had a wing on Dark Spyro fall out already, probably because it was banged around during transport. I just super-glued it back on, but the point is that it would be nice if the figures didn't bang around in the case. Not sure if that's a realistic option, though. Might have to check my local Hobby Lobby or Michael's to look for something that might work.
---
#19 Posted: 16:49:24 27/01/2012
I think it also comes down to what kind of case you need - it seems like there is no one good aesthetically pleasing solution for display, storage, or travel. It's almost like a production triangle - you only get to pick 2.

For storage, photo boxes suit my needs just fine, but I absolutely understand the desire to display collections prominently. I constructed these based on criteria I had set for myself, which was:

• Figure stands upright
  • No two figures in a single space
  • Elements can be grouped together
  • Aesthetically pleasing
  • Low cost

For travel, GM78's solution is likely as compact as you can get for cases available at retail (and you better believe I stood in Walmart staring at the Stanley Sortmaster Jrs. contemplating a purchase), though I'm also researching various types of foam (namely polyethylene) to custom cut for a briefcase.

I think when constructing or purchasing any case, you will want to establish (1) what is it's primary purpose (display/storage/travel), and (2) what criteria do you want it to meet?
Spyro Forever Red Sparx Gems: 84
#20 Posted: 16:51:21 27/01/2012
Can somebody tell me the name of some of these cases? I don't know what to look for.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#21 Posted: 17:40:17 27/01/2012
Quote: Spyro Forever
Can somebody tell me the name of some of these cases? I don't know what to look for.

but these aren't official cases and you have already said elsewhere ...

Quote: Spyro Forever
I would never buy something that isn't official.

smilie
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#22 Posted: 17:38:58 28/01/2012
Is anyone considering the Super Satchel Box (9007AB)? It's big enough where the characters can stand in their own slot. The bigger slots also fit the larger adventure pack figures. You can pick them up at Joann's or Amazon.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:40:09 28/01/2012 by GamerDrone
soccerknight228 Green Sparx Gems: 134
#23 Posted: 19:41:11 28/01/2012
i made a shelf, pics coming soon
---
Owned Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#24 Posted: 19:44:50 28/01/2012
Those look cool! smilie and OMG you have Cynder!
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#25 Posted: 20:53:46 28/01/2012
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Those look cool! smilie and OMG you have Cynder!

Cynder isn't a big deal. She was on gamestop.com a few days ago for a day. For $9.99.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#26 Posted: 20:54:37 28/01/2012
I have the snap cases to carry my skylanders in. However I love the idea of putting the cards in like the photo boxes. I was thinking of using construction paper. Diff color for each element and cutting the stickers sheet below the character figure. Once together the carrying case will not be see through and I will glue them inside the carrying case. When closed the case will not be see through just the sticker with a colored background. However, does anyone know the brand of those photo boxes and where ro buy them? Does the pirate ship fit in them?
#27 Posted: 15:29:29 30/01/2012
I purchased my photo boxes from A.C. Moore – the craft store. The actual company label on the box is Tri-Costal Design, though I’m sure most photo boxes have the same dimensions (7.5"-ish W x 11”L x 4.5” D). I made the inserts myself, so the spaces can be made as you see fit. For my boxes, dividers create nine 2.5” x 2.5” spaces, and three 2.5” x 3.5” spaces per box. Presently, the bigger spaces are being used for larger Skylanders and holding adventure pack items (with a small, diagonal divider as well).

I don’t presently have the pirate ship in my possession (my sister and I mail certain figures back and forth for console-registration purposes), though I’m fairly confident that it will fit in one of the larger spaces. I’m getting it back later this week, so I should know then and can report back with details.

More photos can be seen @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/7...57629059540675/ - I just picked up 2 more boxes as well, so I’ll be making dividers for the remaining figures and portal. I’ll post more photos once complete.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#28 Posted: 15:42:25 30/01/2012
I have the stanley ones. It helps my kids to pick up after themselves and is hopefully teaching them organizational skills. Only a few characters are "squeezed" into their spots but I am happy with them none the less.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Starman Red Sparx Gems: 81
#29 Posted: 18:42:36 30/01/2012
Nice!!!
---
Missing: smiliesmiliesmilie
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#30 Posted: 20:17:05 30/01/2012
I've been thinking about getting some cases for my Champions. I have them sorted between two shoeboxes right now and I'm worried about someone's arm (or wing) popping off or the paint getting chipped.

I'm thinking GameMaster has a good idea for storage. The photoboxes look amazing, but I don't really have the time to cut matte paper (if I did, I would though).
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#31 Posted: 20:34:33 30/01/2012
Quote: Madel
I've been thinking about getting some cases for my Champions. I have them sorted between two shoeboxes right now and I'm worried about someone's arm (or wing) popping off or the paint getting chipped.

I'm thinking GameMaster has a good idea for storage. The photoboxes look amazing, but I don't really have the time to cut matte paper (if I did, I would though).

Take a day off from playing Skylanders, and POOF! You've got the time.
---
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#32 Posted: 20:52:08 30/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
Quote: Madel

Take a day off from playing Skylanders, and POOF! You've got the time.

Haha! I wish it worked that way. Unfortunately, I'm taking 15 credit hours at my university and 9 of those hours are for science and math. If I make time for anything, it's studying. Skylanders is definitely at the bottom.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#33 Posted: 22:32:49 30/01/2012
Bah!

I am getting master artisans from Venice to hand craft a display cabinet from the last whomping willow tree left in existance. They will then furnish it with inlaid platinum handles and hinges and finish it off with appropriate gems (sapphire for water, emerald for life, ruby for fire, etc).
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#34 Posted: 22:39:01 30/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Bah!

I am getting master artisans from Venice to hand craft a display cabinet from the last whomping willow tree left in existance. They will then furnish it with inlaid platinum handles and hinges and finish it off with appropriate gems (sapphire for water, emerald for life, ruby for fire, etc).

BAH TO YOU, GOOD SIR.

I am having master artisan wizards craft my cases! And they are adorning them with fine silk and gems!

BEAT THAT, SIR.

/like a sir/
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#35 Posted: 22:44:11 30/01/2012
Quote: spyrathedragon
Quote: chaosworrier
Bah!

BAH TO YOU, GOOD SIR.

I am having master artisan wizards craft my cases! And they are adorning them with fine silk and gems!

BEAT THAT, SIR.

/like a sir/

Well, I did not want to appear to be bragging but the Lord, himself, is fashioning mine. And silk was a given so was not worthy of my prior mention. The silkworms were genetically modified to deliver the finest silk in an appropriate range of colours. Indeed the silkworm making the silk for the Whirlwind compartment even produces multi-coloured silk in all colours of the rainbow.

/\Like an overlord/\
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#36 Posted: 00:55:21 24/02/2012
[User Posted Image]

I got a storage box from JYSK and then then divider boxes from Dollarama. I like that my characters have their own little home. I paid good money for them so they should be taken care of! LOL
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#37 Posted: 01:01:44 24/02/2012
I made my Life Habitat using a display case from Micheal's Crafts and various floral stuffs.

[User Posted Image]

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/...ifeHabitat.html

There's other display cases and things to make dioramas with. The section in the back of the store has mini trees, landscape paper with flocked grass on it, resin water kits, I mean you could make them a whole section of whatever you wanted.
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#38 Posted: 01:08:55 24/02/2012
Quote: Jin Saotome
I made my Life Habitat using a display case from Micheal's Crafts and various floral stuffs.

[User Posted Image]

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/...ifeHabitat.html

There's other display cases and things to make dioramas with. The section in the back of the store has mini trees, landscape paper with flocked grass on it, resin water kits, I mean you could make them a whole section of whatever you wanted.

OK - NOW YOU MAKE MINE LOOK PATHETIC! lol Great job!!!
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11327
#39 Posted: 10:30:27 25/02/2012
I ever see that box
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#40 Posted: 16:46:06 26/02/2012
What are u guys making the dividers out of? I bought the stanley set that snaps together but I do not do much traveling with my skylanders. I just want to store them with the cards. I found the boxes but can not seem to find anything strong enough to make a divider out of or that will stick in place? Any advice is appreciated
Jherbert2 Red Sparx Gems: 38
#41 Posted: 16:58:28 28/02/2012
The life habitat thing is just awesome. I do appreciate the simpliciy and aesthetics of GameMasters solution. Portability is an issue as my son will tote his xbox to mamaws for a day or so. Putting them in a bag wasn't an option and the Stanley storage solution got a bit bulky after 31 skylanders 3 add-on levels with assorted items. So they end up staying here. On display under my 60" led.
There are benifits to being dad
Oh, and I'm talking 18 credit hours of sciences. Quarter hours not wimpy semester hours. Chem II, A&P II and Bio II. I'm carrying a 4 and I still have time to play skylanders. Sleep on the otherhand...
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#42 Posted: 19:51:00 28/02/2012
Jin your models are outstanding. Very goood job. Now that's a skylander case. I'm shocked jin isn't working for skylanders Have you been recognized by activsion or toy's for bob? If not you really should Just like gamemaster. Your the man Jin keep up AMAZING work
BIG FAN!
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#43 Posted: 22:47:35 28/02/2012
I'll be getting my box soon to get started with/decorate in this new store that's opening on the weekend.

I'll get a big one for the Skylanders, one for the Adven. Packs, and two cubes for my two favorites: Drobot and Whirlwind. <3

That's my PLAN, though.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me