Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Online availability [CLOSED]
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#201 Posted: 22:32:40 18/03/2012
Quote: Scorpion
Double Trouble is available for 7.99 at the site mentioned above...HURRY!! Trying to be cryptic... smilie

Confirmed. Amazon.com has some of the single character packs in stock. Limit 1 per order (I think).
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#202 Posted: 22:35:05 18/03/2012
Not trying to upset anyone. Scalpers do flock to this site, and sometimes even like to rub salt in the wound of those who are looking for certain characters. They mooch off of info without even signing up.

If the owner of this site was smart, he would allow for private forums to be created, where people who are known to not be scalpers could help each other.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#203 Posted: 22:39:21 18/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Not trying to upset anyone. Scalpers do flock to this site, and sometimes even like to rub salt in the wound of those who are looking for certain characters. They mooch off of info without even signing up.

If the owner of this site was smart, he would allow for private forums to be created, where people who are known to not be scalpers could help each other.

I would strongly suggest this idea. I don't know if dark can do this but Im sure his forum system should have a mod available that will do this. How about setting up a private collector's sub-forum where members with only certain number of posts can view the content of the forum or sub-form.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#204 Posted: 22:48:40 18/03/2012
I think access to the private forum, should be based on those who have contributed help to others on this site. This way, we know who gained access, because they have helped people at cost before.
---
#205 Posted: 22:51:06 18/03/2012
I think access to the private forum, should be based on those who have contributed help to others on this site. This way, we know who gained access, because they have helped people at cost before.

That is the best way to do it. I did exactly the same thing on another forum and had special features available to members who have what I call contribution points. Contribution points are then given out on a case to case basis by admins. Product reviews for example get them 50 contribution points, pictures 5 contributions points, etc.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:54:39 18/03/2012 by SkyDaddy
jmrothermel Green Sparx Gems: 291
#206 Posted: 23:16:59 18/03/2012
Wow, I kind of feel personally attacked for posting the link.....considering I got the info from Zoolert I would HARDLY doubt that I'm the reason they quickly sold out.....Yet people complain?

I posted it here to help others (which I see I did) the same way I get packs when people post it (ie: Empire of Ice).

Isn't that kinda the point of an ONLINE AVAILABILITY thread, to share when they're available.....online?
rck3087 Green Sparx Gems: 354
#207 Posted: 23:23:44 18/03/2012
Quote: jmrothermel
Wow, I kind of feel personally attacked for posting the link.....considering I got the info from Zoolert I would HARDLY doubt that I'm the reason they quickly sold out.....Yet people complain?

I posted it here to help others (which I see I did) the same way I get packs when people post it (ie: Empire of Ice).

Isn't that kinda the point of an ONLINE AVAILABILITY thread, to share when they're available.....online?

Personally, I appreciate it as I use this site as a reference/resource to find figures for my sons. I know have Prism Break and a second Voodood for them. Further, is someone mentioned that it was already up for many hours, then I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.
#208 Posted: 23:33:36 18/03/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy

That is the best way to do it. I did exactly the same thing on another forum and had special features available to members who have what I call contribution points. Contribution points are then given out on a case to case basis by admins. Product reviews for example get them 50 contribution points, pictures 5 contributions points, etc.

I love to contribute and help. However, as I was getting this stuff over the past 2 weeks -

[User Posted Image]

I kept thinking to myself, "I am the unluckiest person alive when it comes to getting Skylanders." What I mean by that, is I am always having to call every store about 3 times daily, or give scalpers money on Ebay, be too late to order something online, or when I finally find new ones, it's always coincidentally outside of the city. Then I told myself, "I have helped more people than I have ever been helped." I can't really consider my trade of 2 gold triple packs for 4 Trigger Happys even being helped, as one of those gold packs costed me 74 bucks. That's 34 dollars more than those 4 Triggs costed. Yet, there I was. I got scared because dorky *** people like to work at my local TRU's making life a living hell for anyone who goes into that store wanting Skylanders. So what did I do? I offered 2 gold character triple packs (second costed me 124 bucks) for 4 Triggs.

I have simply never been thought of, in any light, more than I think of others. It's stressing me to the max, while ******* me off at the same time.

So, I decided to have fun. If fate works for me, it will work for others around me, too.

My son and daughters both know they have to earn each new character that comes out. However, I changed that.

I told them, "if daddy gets lucky enough to get enough Zooks, Lightning Rods, and an Ignitor, you guys can have your Zooks and Lightning Rods without having to earn them (they have to do things in the game to earn them)."

Won't happen, as I have the crappiest luck in the world. So, they will have to still earn them, instead of just get them.

I told my son's two friends that I would give them something, should I be able to find these this week. These two kids are helping me out Wednesday. I told them -

"Joey (first friend's name), if I get lucky enough to get 5 Zooks, 5 Lightning Rods, and an Ignitor this week, I will give you two free adventure packs of your choice."

He chose Empire of Ice and Pirate Seas, which you see in the pic above.

I told his other friend -

"Drake, if I get lucky enough to get 5 Zooks, 5 Lightning Rods, and an Ignitor this week, I will give you my European copy of Xenoblade with the red classic controller pro (98 american dollars) for free." He really-really-really wants this game.

However, just like me, there is a 50/50 chance at everything in life. Want to win the lotto? Either you will (50) or you won't (50). I know odds are different, but to me, it's you do or you don't. That's how I see it. Go driving? There is a 50/50 chance to die in a car wreck. You either will or you won't.

It's why I am getting 50/50 tattooed on the back of my neck.

Oh, and then there's the other stuff you see in the pic. I will either sit on it for however long I see fit, or I can let people know I have it, if they need it, at cost.

50/50 chance I continue to help people, or I decide to just say **** it all and not give a spit about helping others, wasting gas so others can lucky where I never get lucky.

All of this has gotten so stressful. Walmart employees like to pick up the phone, you ask them about Skylanders, they say "hang on," and pick up the phone after 1 second and say, "No. We don't have any." Takes longer than 1 second to walk to the Skylander section. Target just sucks at stocking them. TRU has scalpers, no-brainers, or dipstick managers who want to limit you to one Skylander per customer. ONE, not one of each character.

The only way I get lucky, is when others are going to get lucky. That means, I can find Skylanders when it comes to helping others. If I ask for myself, fate likes to give me the finger.

I swore to myself, that around April 1st of this year, if my life can't come up somehow, or fortune can never walk with me, there's no need for me to be who I have tried to be for the past 10 years. My fiancee is the wicked witch of the east (mean to me). I am trying to start up a Skylander site, where I hope to get figures early for review. I want to hope something good will come of that, but just because this is me, I don't expect to be allowed access. Scalpers and other lucky people "WILL" have these this week. I will camp out 3 hours early, just to be told "One Skylander per customer (not of each)," or "No new characters. You waited for three hours for nothing, sucker," or some geek will push me or my kids (if anyone pushes my kids to run to the aisle their *** is grass), grab it all, leaving me with nothing.

My luck is just that terrible. Heck, even some people got Skylander store displays. Talk about luck, right?

Sorry for the emo rant. It's been building up for some time. Skylanders isn't my only problem in life. It just adds to the list of other problems, in making my life a living hell.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:46 18/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#209 Posted: 23:38:39 18/03/2012

Don't take personally. GM does not like that everyone has access to the info posted here without even registering on the site. So basically scalpers can get stock updates here too or new release updates by simply looking at the forum.
---
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#210 Posted: 23:40:15 18/03/2012
I found the three adventure packs at Walmart last week and got them. If anyone needs them give me a pm. I'm glad to help as I had to fight for the packs myself.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#211 Posted: 23:46:33 18/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kao Kitty
Maybe I'll PM dark52 and see if he can set up an invite-only subforum for us to share online availability in that scalpers won't be able to see.

This is a fantastic idea. I am on another game forum that allows private sub forums, and this would allow those invited to share information freely.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#212 Posted: 23:51:37 18/03/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy

Don't take personally. GM does not like that everyone has access to the info posted here without even registering on the site. So basically scalpers can get stock updates here too or new release updates by simply looking at the forum.

Exactly. It's nothing personal. It's just that us legit fans are putting Skylanders into scalpers' hands with any info we give. I've known about the listings since 7 am this morning. I didn't say anything because it would give scalpers what they want. When they went up for preorder, I was going to PM people I know don't scalp and let them know.

EDIT: And yes, for this website to be so fleshed out, but not be able to do something like allow for the creation of a private forum where the info should go, makes it seem kinda gimped. I think every forum has that ability.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:25 18/03/2012 by GameMaster78
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#213 Posted: 00:06:47 19/03/2012
And yes, for this website to be so fleshed out, but not be able to do something like allow for the creation of a private forum where the info should go, makes it seem kinda gimped. I think every forum has that ability.

I am sure every forum has this ability. Just like forums can be hidden from user groups. [I was part of a role-playing forum (Yeah, I'm a geek.) and the mods and admins had a forum they all talked on that normal members like myself couldn't see.]

Personally, I would love to see this come true. It'd make it a little bit harder for scalpers to get information. Not fool-proof, but a step closer all the same.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#214 Posted: 00:08:44 19/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I posted it in the suggestions forum.
---
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#215 Posted: 01:01:08 19/03/2012
Quote: Ali1020
Zoolert is another problem when it comes to this. Scalpers probably flock to it, too.

It's people with a big mouth, plus sites like Zoolert, that keeps scalpers aware, instead of them actually having to do their own work finding what site/store has them.

Sorry I posted, somehow I knew I would screw things up. I just thought people would like to be aware that wave 4 was on the site. Next time I know better. Sorry again.

Please don't apologize. In spite of checking Amazon.com quite frequently, I had not seen those, and I'm guessing I am far from the only person on here that your links helped. That kind of helpful information is one of the great benefits of communities such as this one, in my opinion.

The fear (or whatever you want to call it) of scalpers around here is bordering on ridiculous. I highly doubt people who buy Skylanders solely for resale are gathered around this forum waiting for posters to crack Amazon for their next big coup. They're plenty resourceful on their own. The idea that we shouldn't help each other because we might help someone who does something we disagree with is preposterous, and it's a path down a very lonely road.

How ethical or unethical scalping is, by the way, is debatable, and definitely a matter of opinion. I think an argument could be made that hoarding, where you have to acquire five of each figure for your household, might be just as bad in terms of screwing other kids and families out of the opportunity to purchase figures. I'm a collector myself, so I understand it, but it doesn't hurt to do a little reflecting sometimes, and it's not necessarily a good idea to constantly be hucking stones from inside our glass houses.

My $.02.
#216 Posted: 01:05:34 19/03/2012

Please know that myself and I'm sure many others appreciate you efforts very much.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#217 Posted: 01:24:57 19/03/2012
I don't understand this at all. I recieved another email from zoolert, went to the page now it says "In stock on March 21, 2012.
Order it now." yet when I go to checkout Amazon says it's no longer available. -________-
#218 Posted: 20:23:38 19/03/2012
Took the GameStop wheel-of-fortune and I actually got one of each! (PS and DC). So when the EoI gets here that was posted I will be set until the DP release! Thanks for the help guys smilie
Kao Kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#219 Posted: 17:28:35 20/03/2012
I figure it doesn't matter much if it's posted here or not.

Sonic Boom has been available on TRU's website since 9:56am CST. Get her while you can~

Eruptor is too (if anybody cares).
#220 Posted: 17:46:56 20/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I figure it doesn't matter much if it's posted here or not.

Sonic Boom has been available on TRU's website since 9:56am CST. Get her while you can~

Eruptor is too (if anybody cares).

I would continue to post here. It's obvious we're not going to get a private forum from Dark, and we might as well give people the opportunity to get it.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#221 Posted: 18:01:55 20/03/2012
Eruptor and Sonic Boom are said to be part of the Wave 4 package. It stands to reason those aren't the only things that arrived for TRU's website today. Never know when orders for the new characters will appear.
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#222 Posted: 18:39:26 20/03/2012
I went ahead and ordered Eruptor. My TRU is limiting purchases to 3 items tomorrow, and there are others higher up on my list, so I went for it. Drat the $4.97 shipping though.
---
New to the Skylands!
#223 Posted: 19:01:24 20/03/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Eruptor and Sonic Boom are said to be part of the Wave 4 package. It stands to reason those aren't the only things that arrived for TRU's website today. Never know when orders for the new characters will appear.

This. I'm in a state of perpetual searching for "Zook" on Toysrus.com. Hopefully it'll show up when they list it, though - their search engine seems like it has been a bit on the fritz lately.
#224 Posted: 19:10:13 20/03/2012
Wave 4 goes like so -

- Lightning Rod
- Zook
- Ignitor
- Sonic Boom
- Stealth Elf
- Bash
---
#225 Posted: 20:30:56 20/03/2012
Quote: zap18

I know this is slightly off-topic, but it's related to this item from this website.

The product is no longer available. On top of that, my order still shows it as "processing". Buy.com's FAQ says that the "processing" verifies addresses and some other pointless garbage that takes days, and it's done BEFORE sending your order to the warehouse. I'm curious to know if I'm the only person stuck in this processing rut, or if anybody else has the same status. I'm going to be really annoyed if they backorder my order because they spent four days making sure my shipping address was correct...

On top of that, they bill before they process your orders. This is the first online company I've ever dealt with that did things in that order... I'm predicting a customer service nightmare, complete with no refund and no adventure pack, waiting for me in the next couple weeks. =/
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#226 Posted: 21:02:25 20/03/2012
Supposedly, my Adventure Pack from GameStop will be here tomorrow. It better be the right thing this time! I don't care which pack it is, but I want a pack!
---
New to the Skylands!
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#227 Posted: 21:39:22 20/03/2012
Wave 4 goes like so -

- Lightning Rod
- Zook
- Ignitor
- Sonic Boom
- Stealth Elf
- Bash

I am relieved by this the only thing that is driving me nuts is I spent about an hour looking over inventory status for a specific chain store and I cannot figure out why there are so many eruptors all of a sudden in stores without hex, dinorang and the other wave 2's. I am starting to suspect that they may have changed the formula for the wave 3 boxes or their are versions with eruptor in them.
#228 Posted: 00:13:48 21/03/2012
Quote: zap18

I know this is slightly off-topic, but it's related to this item from this website.

The product is no longer available. On top of that, my order still shows it as "processing". Buy.com's FAQ says that the "processing" verifies addresses and some other pointless garbage that takes days, and it's done BEFORE sending your order to the warehouse. I'm curious to know if I'm the only person stuck in this processing rut, or if anybody else has the same status. I'm going to be really annoyed if they backorder my order because they spent four days making sure my shipping address was correct...

On top of that, they bill before they process your orders. This is the first online company I've ever dealt with that did things in that order... I'm predicting a customer service nightmare, complete with no refund and no adventure pack, waiting for me in the next couple weeks. =/

Well, be prepared for your order to be cancelled smilie. I just got the email myself *cries*
#229 Posted: 00:41:25 21/03/2012
Yeah, I got mine a bit ago as well. I paid with PayPal, though, so I have to figure out how to get a refund.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#230 Posted: 01:16:48 21/03/2012
Gamestop has the 3 packs on sale...your choice ones...not random...just thought I'd point that out... online that is!
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#231 Posted: 01:23:12 21/03/2012
^*sarcastically* Nooooo At Victoria's Secret! Well duh! this is the online availability thread.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:23:54 21/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#232 Posted: 01:30:59 21/03/2012
Well...yeah...but some people need to be clued in and run to the local expecting them to be there too...hence the clarification...smartass
---
#233 Posted: 01:33:36 21/03/2012
How? They wouldn't know which Gamestop (or Victoria's Secret) anyways. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to go to their local one if they don't know which one it would be in...*derp* dumbass
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#234 Posted: 01:39:00 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator
We've got one smartass and one dumbass. We have covered both ends of the ass spectrum.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:04:51 21/03/2012 by Himewad
#235 Posted: 01:52:40 21/03/2012
Ahhh...I will be glad when I don't have to come to this forum any...wait...after tomorrow I'm not gonna give a rat's ass about this forum...starting.....now
---
#236 Posted: 01:53:35 21/03/2012
Amazon.com has some Zook and Lightning Rod figures for sale by a third party right now. I don't think Amazon.com has had any of their own yet, but I'll keep watch.

http://www.amazon.com/Activisi...d=3JU2CQYTXHFFI

Edit:

Also, someone has a triple pack for sale on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer...e&condition=all

Suziemac is the seller with all 3 of these, located in Florida. I can't find a city on the seller's page.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:12:55 21/03/2012 by Kao Kitty
#237 Posted: 02:20:00 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator
$150 for the triple pack. Great deal smilie
---
#238 Posted: 02:20:12 21/03/2012
Quote: Himewad
We've got one smartass and one dumbass. We have covered both ends of the ass spectrum.

So far, I saw a Captain Obvious and a douchebag.
#239 Posted: 02:27:02 21/03/2012
Being sarcastic makes me a douchebag!? Fine. whatever you say.
---

#240 Posted: 02:28:23 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Whirlwind5598

I must be a 50-pound douchebag then.

{patiently awaiting affirmation}
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:11 21/03/2012 by Himewad
#241 Posted: 02:33:49 21/03/2012
You aren't a douchebag Hime. You're just...you
---

#242 Posted: 02:36:15 21/03/2012 | Topic Creator
You aren't a douchebag Hime. You're just...you

You just made me shed a tear
---
#243 Posted: 02:37:02 21/03/2012
ummmmm........ooookay?
---

#244 Posted: 05:33:56 21/03/2012

It wasn't your sarcasm that "made" you a douchebag, it was the whole tone of that post. I mean was it really necessary to call them out on stressing that it is online only? Sure it's obvious but they were not doing anything foul.
hoodoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1169
#245 Posted: 10:53:58 21/03/2012
Followed your triple pack link and ordered from Amazon with Prime for $19.99. Thanks.

Amazon.com has some Zook and Lightning Rod figures for sale by a third party right now. I don't think Amazon.com has had any of their own yet, but I'll keep watch.

Edit:

Also, someone has a triple pack for sale on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer...e&condition=all

Suziemac is the seller with all 3 of these, located in Florida. I can't find a city on the seller's page.
---
A dad, a husband, a gamer
#246 Posted: 10:58:41 21/03/2012
Ummmm, that "super secret" website has the Triple packs for sale - just ordered two (one for me and one for my brother) $19.99 each. Better than Toys R Us! I'll probably still stalk it out today, in case Sunburn or DP is there or something, and to get a single Ignitor.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:06:37 21/03/2012 by jmrothermel
Zaptastic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#247 Posted: 11:08:45 21/03/2012
^ Lol same here. Just booted up the computer,checked and saw they were avaliable and I was like YESSSS! smilie Bought one for myself. I hope Sunburn and DP go up there soon.

I wonder when the Ignitor, Camo, and Warnado 3 pack will be avaliable to place an order on since it is listed on the site?
#248 Posted: 11:17:01 21/03/2012
idk I was wondering the same thing! Hopefully soon =\

And about the buy.com - ya know the more I think about it the more it pisses me off! They jacked the price up to $32.99, and found out they were still selling (I'm sure) and probably sold all our $19.99 to those people - and that's why our orders got cancelled. I'm so mad!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:26:53 21/03/2012 by jmrothermel
IAmSwag Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#249 Posted: 11:53:14 21/03/2012
And the secret website has sold out. Congrats to those who got in!
#250 Posted: 13:31:40 21/03/2012
Quote: IAmSwag
And the secret website has sold out. Congrats to those who got in!

[User Posted Image]

============================================================================================

Seeing as everybody is at the TRU event, these should last a while.

Amazon.com has Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind, Chop Chop, Flameslinger, and Drill Sergeant for 7.99.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr...&qid=1332115292

Toysrus.com has Drobot, Bash, and Hex in stock.
http://www.toysrus.com/family/...767538&view=all

============================================================================================

Also, this guy is selling Ignitor for a "somewhat" reasonable price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item231b529d55
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:28:46 21/03/2012 by Kao Kitty
First | Previous | Page 5 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me