Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Gold Trading. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#101 Posted: 14:32:20 30/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, got these in the mail today.

[User Posted Image]

What impresses me the most about these, is that they came boxed up very professionally. I wish all Ebay users packed their items like the two that sold me these items.

Just need a single pack gold Flameslinger, and I am done until April. Going to update my collection thread later on, when I get these standing next to gold Chop and gold Flameslinger (triple).
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#102 Posted: 22:00:57 30/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

[User Posted Image]

What impresses me the most about these, is that they came boxed up very professionally. I wish all Ebay users packed their items like the two that sold me these items.

Just need a single pack gold Flameslinger, and I am done until April. Going to update my collection thread later on, when I get these standing next to gold Chop and gold Flameslinger (triple).

why did you get two golden drill sergeants?? for the different packaging? seems silly to me smilie or for trading value?

EDIT; nvm read your collections topic, are you planning to buy all the triple packs for the silvers aswell??
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:42 30/01/2012 by terranakari
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#103 Posted: 22:39:17 30/01/2012
The gold ones look so lonely when they don't have their friends to commune with:

[User Posted Image]

That said, in the above photo you will notice that DS is in the naughty corner as he said something inappropriate about Flamesinger's lineage and Chop Chop took offense. Hence, he is distanced for the time being. However, they will all be in close quarters whilst in transit so have to learn to all get along...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:54 30/01/2012 by chaosworrier
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#104 Posted: 23:30:17 30/01/2012
That painting looks familiar. Did you get it for your wife like I did?
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#105 Posted: 01:49:30 31/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
That painting looks familiar. Did you get it for your wife like I did?

No, it is just something in my girlfriend's house - boom tish! smilie
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#106 Posted: 02:26:33 31/01/2012
LOL

5char
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#107 Posted: 02:33:44 31/01/2012
LOL

5char

I was worried for a moment there that my joke was too poor in taste... Whew!
---
Soylent Green is People!
#108 Posted: 03:00:52 31/01/2012
I hear that kind of stuff from my best friend down in Georgia. Then again, I say the same things too.
---
My kids own :
#109 Posted: 03:20:52 31/01/2012
I hear that kind of stuff from my best friend down in Georgia. Then again, I say the same things too.

I once found out that a girlfriend of mine was cheating on my with my best friend. I looked her in the eye and asked, "What? Can't you find your own friends? Who will I go drinking with now?" Sorry, could not resist...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#110 Posted: 03:22:09 31/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: terranakari

[User Posted Image]

why did you get two golden drill sergeants?? for the different packaging? seems silly to me smilie or for trading value?

EDIT; nvm read your collections topic, are you planning to buy all the triple packs for the silvers aswell??

I would if I could. The triple pack silvers barely show up on Ebay anymore, especially the triple pack with the silver Boomer. I haven't seen that one on Ebay in ages.

So, I will just get this last gold single pack I need (Flameslinger) and have every gold Skylander in the packages they are available in (single and triple).
---
#111 Posted: 04:01:52 31/01/2012
Aah, but don't you really need 4 of each to be truly completionist?
---
Soylent Green is People!
#112 Posted: 04:50:54 31/01/2012 | Topic Creator
No, lol. 3 of each, of the ones I will actually play with, will suffice.

I got my single pack gold Flameslinger on the way. I am officially done until March-April, when the rest of the stuff comes out.
---
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#113 Posted: 06:34:34 31/01/2012
so many skylanders *____*
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#114 Posted: 06:56:39 31/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
The gold ones look so lonely when they don't have their friends to commune with:

[User Posted Image]

That said, in the above photo you will notice that DS is in the naughty corner as he said something inappropriate about Flamesinger's lineage and Chop Chop took offense. Hence, he is distanced for the time being. However, they will all be in close quarters whilst in transit so have to learn to all get along...

Actually, now that I think about it, Drill Sgt. wanted to be close to his evil twin so he could keep an eye on him.
---
My kids own :
#115 Posted: 07:20:40 31/01/2012
No, lol. 3 of each, of the ones I will actually play with, will suffice.

I got my single pack gold Flameslinger on the way. I am officially done until March-April, when the rest of the stuff comes out.

Please tell me that you didnt win this auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130635...9#ht_500wt_1182
---
My kids own :
#116 Posted: 15:24:20 01/02/2012 | Topic Creator
YEP! That was me. Since the auction was listed from Kansas, I got my gold Flameslinger today.

To most, 225 will seems like a lot. However, think of this. Let's say there are only 100 gold Flameslingers in the world. In as little as 2 months, these will only be found on the aftermarket - being sold between sellers - because golds will be extinct as soon as wave 4 hits.

I actually feel sorry for those selling these golds for a MINOR profit now, because these things COULD become worth so much more. They could have sat on their 7 dollar investments for a few years, to see if it goes up. However, people are impatient and want money now, so those who buy and sit on them, may have the upper hand in the end. I have the option to sell them in time, if I want, or hold onto them. Who knows.

To some, it could be called an investment. However, I am a fan of this game. I said I would own one, and I was prepared to pay 300 for one if I had. I only ended up paying 225.

Now I have EVERY single variation of gold Skylander. Gold Chop Chop, Flameslinger and Drill Sergeant single packs, as well as gold Flameslinger and Drill Sergeant in triple packs.

I stated in my collection topic, that I would make one final entry, should I get this figure. So, when I get home, it's time to do a final collection update, until the final wave hits.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:10 01/02/2012 by GameMaster78
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#117 Posted: 16:00:45 01/02/2012
Man, that's a lot of cash. I like the game, too, but just can't stomach spending that much (and I'm not a collector).

Hope you're already saving for the blue ones smilie
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#118 Posted: 16:21:55 01/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I venture to guess the next variants, will be the last.
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#119 Posted: 16:23:37 01/02/2012
At least the clear ones we know that there is no way that they could be fake if unpacked
#120 Posted: 16:33:28 01/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
At least the clear ones we know that there is no way that they could be fake if unpacked

Good point.
---
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#121 Posted: 16:38:00 01/02/2012
So Gm how much have you spent so far on this game o.O
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#122 Posted: 16:43:53 01/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh, lord. I listed my official spending on another thread here. If I really added in things like buying golds and silvers off of Ebay, I'd have to shoot myself.
---
#123 Posted: 23:15:17 01/02/2012
I ended up paying around $180 for my gold Flamesinger as I was up against time pressure to try to get them all in one overall package sent to me. I also got the other two for better than expected prices so stuck to my desired average of around $150 for each gold one.

That said, if I lived in the States I would have bided my sweet time instead of bidding my sweet money.

I expect that over time these things will be worth a fair bit less, not more.

These things are not valid investment; they entail a shorter term hype and sooner or later the bubble will burst.

It true economic terms you cannot call it an investment as the item does not produce income so cannot be classified as a true asset. The concept revolves around "greater fool" theory.

I have said it a few times now, anyone want to buy some tulips?

ADDENDUM: I forgot to re-iterate another point: I do not subscribe to the concept that there are only 100 of these. There have already been so many in North America and I cannot imagine that Activision would PO the rest of the world by not sending some outside of that continent.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:25 01/02/2012 by chaosworrier
#124 Posted: 14:21:29 02/02/2012
It sure SEEMS like there are a lot more than 100 of them. I agree.
---
#125 Posted: 14:24:00 02/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
It sure SEEMS like there are a lot more than 100 of them. I agree.

Yup, you gotta figure that most of them that were found in the stores didnt make it to ebay. So taking a conservative estimate that it was 50/50 I would imagine that there are more than 100.
---
My kids own :
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#126 Posted: 14:40:27 02/02/2012
You have at least 4 major retail chains carrying skylanders: Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Gamestop. And that is just the stores in the US.

Best Buy has over 1800 stores worldwide.
Walmart has over 8400 stores Worldwide.
Target has over 1500 stores worldwide
Gamestop has over 4000 stores worldwide.

If each of those stores and only those stores received only one Gold Skylander of each type (5 total between the triple pack and singles available) then you have a minimum of:

15700x5=78500 figures

And that is not including the smaller retailers who carry skylanders and retailers present in other countries outside the US.

I'd be willing to bet there are well over 100,000 gold figures available.

Domer
#127 Posted: 14:50:41 02/02/2012
Quote: domer
You have at least 4 major retail chains carrying skylanders: Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Gamestop. And that is just the stores in the US.

If each of those stores and only those stores received only one Gold Skylander of each type (5 total between the triple pack and singles available) then you have a minimum of:

15700x5=78500 figures

And that is not including the smaller retailers who carry skylanders and retailers present in other countries outside the US.

Domer

Assuming that each store gets all 5 different versions.
---
My kids own :
#128 Posted: 15:01:13 02/02/2012
Quote: domer

15700x5=78500 figures

Domer

Assuming that each store gets all 5 different versions.

I'd actually highly doubt Activision sends out gold skylanders systemically to each retail store. They more than likely create gold skylanders on a percentage base per batch and distribute those batches to regional distributors as equitably as possible. They may even create them on a random bases, not relying on a strict percentage. Either way with the sheer # of stores that sell the figures and with the # of figures being manufactured, I would say 100,000 is a reasonable estimate of the # of gold skylanders that will be available.

But it's all a guesstimate anyway. I have no official information on the production or availability of Gold Skylanders...

Domer
#129 Posted: 16:55:57 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I ended up paying around $180 for my gold Flamesinger as I was up against time pressure to try to get them all in one overall package sent to me. I also got the other two for better than expected prices so stuck to my desired average of around $150 for each gold one.

That said, if I lived in the States I would have bided my sweet time instead of bidding my sweet money.

These things are not valid investment; they entail a shorter term hype and sooner or later the bubble will burst.

It true economic terms you cannot call it an investment as the item does not produce income so cannot be classified as a true asset. The concept revolves around "greater fool" theory.

ADDENDUM: I forgot to re-iterate another point: I do not subscribe to the concept that there are only 100 of these. There have already been so many in North America and I cannot imagine that Activision would PO the rest of the world by not sending some outside of that continent.

There needs to be fact to back up claims, though. 50 and 100 is a number I saw thrown around. Nat Loh, senior designer at TFB said any store that gets a gold, will only get 1 gold. He means that not all stores are gaurenteed a gold.

It makes me think back to silvers. Silvers were 1 to every 20 boxes, according to someone inside TFB (forgot who but I don't think it was Nat). Golds are said to be way more rare, so who knows, it could be 1 gold to every 30-40 boxes.

None of us simply know the truth. All I know, is that the popping up on Ebay, are popping up less frequently than they have been the past couple of weeks. I assume that some of the ones on Ebay are being bought by others, who then throw it up on Ebay themselves, to see if they can get a higher profit.

It will take a number of years to find out how valuable these are. I won't be getting rid of mine, unless they go for some stupid price, that one can't help but sell it. Even then, I will hesitate. I'm just glad my hunting is over for the time.
---
#130 Posted: 20:23:03 02/02/2012

There needs to be fact to back up claims, though. 50 and 100 is a number I saw thrown around. Nat Loh, senior designer at TFB said any store that gets a gold, will only get 1 gold. He means that not all stores are gaurenteed a gold.

It makes me think back to silvers. Silvers were 1 to every 20 boxes, according to someone inside TFB (forgot who but I don't think it was Nat). Golds are said to be way more rare, so who knows, it could be 1 gold to every 30-40 boxes.

None of us simply know the truth. All I know, is that the popping up on Ebay, are popping up less frequently than they have been the past couple of weeks. I assume that some of the ones on Ebay are being bought by others, who then throw it up on Ebay themselves, to see if they can get a higher profit.

It will take a number of years to find out how valuable these are. I won't be getting rid of mine, unless they go for some stupid price, that one can't help but sell it. Even then, I will hesitate. I'm just glad my hunting is over for the time.

Interesting information....

We can conservatively assume they are 1 in every 60 boxes or even 1 in 100 boxes. I wonder how many boxes they make?

Domer
#131 Posted: 20:56:30 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
No clue. He said he could be wrong.

The only way to tell how rare these things are, is to see what they go for years down the line.

Me paying 225 for a gold, is nothing, when you think that there's not as many in the world, as there are normal ones. That, and one day, no one will ever find these on the shelf... EVER... AGAIN!

Game collecting has become a mainstream hobby, so it could hold its value.
---
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#132 Posted: 21:28:32 02/02/2012
Actually making gold skylanders is cheaper than making a gold skylanders and you anyone can turn a regular skylander to a gold one.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#133 Posted: 23:03:08 02/02/2012

Game collecting has become a mainstream hobby, so it could hold its value.

Unfortunately, the more mainstream something is, the more commercialised it gets and, hence, the more over-produced and less valuable it gets.
---
Soylent Green is People!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me