Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Gold Trading. [CLOSED]
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#51 Posted: 21:37:27 25/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Quote: meds081603
Microsoft does actually repair them. Often for warranty service repairs you just get a new console. Your old one gets repaired and resold as a refurb unit. On another note.... I checked tons of stores today, found a few new 3 packs at several gamstops and a few older singles. Target had a few old singles and nothing at bestbuy or walmart. No silvers or golds :-(

This so much; I have read so many threads about people getting back re-furbs which looked uglier than the one they sent in and people trying to request that their own box get fixed rather than the faster turnaround of a re-furb.

Back to my earlier points:

1/. Stores jack up prices due to theft (and have knee-jerk policy reactions) so it does hurt people, not just faceless entities.

2/. Back to base principles, you kept something which you did not pay for. There is only one word for that, no matter how you attempt to justify it. It is disengenuous to try to gloss over this point.

3/. It makes not difference if the item was faulty or not. When a buyer returns it, they should return it in toto. After all, if you bought a faulty iPhone, would you keep the charger when returning it? Why not, the charger still works and is inconsequential in cost compared to the phone? Oh, that's right, it is stealing... Right...

New point I forgot to mention last time:

Stores do not tighten their refund policy willy-nilly or for greed reasons. They actually end up hurting the bottom line to some degree when they do this as they offend the majority of patrons. The reason they do it is simple, thieves steal goods and then try to return them for cash or store credit.

Dude, toto has been dead for a long long time. I dont even think the entire game box would fit inside toto let along have that dog be strong enough to carry it all the way back to the store.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#52 Posted: 21:38:56 25/01/2012
My point isn't about what constitutes stealing, it's about the futility of trying to impress anyone's code of morals on anyone else. Believe me, I'm neutral; I just like antagonizing anybody who believes being sanctimonious has a purpose in society. Morals are invented, and not everyone subscribes to the same code. That's just the way it is, and there's always going to be a dissenting viewpoint. Not one that's right, or one that's wrong, just dissenting and that's all.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#53 Posted: 21:41:40 25/01/2012
And you have the hide to tease me about my Cynder-ella joke?

Fair's fair, man, your jokes are as dodgy as mine...

But, yes, folks, let's lighten up the mood and possibly even get the thread back on topic, hey?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#54 Posted: 21:42:35 25/01/2012
Morals were created by religous people in an attempt to keep people acting civil towards one an other. Without religion and without morals, the world would go to hell in a hand basket and I would be carrying said hand basket.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#55 Posted: 21:45:44 25/01/2012
You're right, but that doesn't mean there's one true religion, one true code of morals, one true hell, or even one true kind of hand basket for the world to go to that ambiguously-defined hell in.
#56 Posted: 21:56:42 25/01/2012
The trouble is that we all live in a society that institutionalises a set of precepts and tenets on how we should live. We are expected to live by that code of conduct called law.

There has never been a society which has accepted thievery so no variant of a moral compass could ever truthfully allow that. Sure, some civilisations had a premise of shared ownership but even that had limits and does not apply to this scenario when there was no shared property agreement in the first place.

So, bottom line, is calling a spade a spade and saying stealing is wrong sanctimonious? Not so much, given that anyone who wishes the moniker of civilised should be respecting that tenet.

Is posting teneous references to SOPA, straw man arguments about corporate greed, et al, in an effort to impress upon others not to voice their opinion sanctimonious? Maybe just that little bit more... It also conveys a hint of hypocriticality.

Any way, I am now feeding the OT too much so this will be my last post on this.

I beg others to do the same.

EDIT: This is a clarification so I can quibble about it not being a new post... I know Tash was not accusing me of being sanctimonious but I debated whether here diatribe was not also santimonious. For the record, we all have a responsibility to try to maintain order and it is disengenuous to say "...if stealing is wrong, it's equally wrong to be a moral crusader". There is nothing wrong with sticking up with one's morals and expressing that. It is wrong when you try to force others to follow that (without legal right to do so, as per the thin blue line) but to equate stealing with sermonising? And, actually, we do have some degree of right to enforce law - including but not constrained to reporting offences, citizen arrest and legal force to protect property and person.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:06:49 26/01/2012 by chaosworrier
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#57 Posted: 22:42:24 25/01/2012
What the S happened to this thread? All the guy wanted to do was trade some Gold figures and now we're discussing morals and religion? Jesus tapdancing Christ you people.

Unfortunately, I have no Golds. I'll keep an eye out since I really want one though.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#58 Posted: 22:52:08 25/01/2012
Spyroflame is right. Tashiji, Monsinour, and Chaoswaorrier, the three of you have been reported, idk how many topics ive seen the three of you go OFF TOPIC on and go on and on for a while, its annoying. I think ive only done it like once and then corrected myself. If you guys want a topic to go rant about religion and moral, do it else where, otherwise, this thread is for GameMaster and his Gold figure trading.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#59 Posted: 23:18:20 25/01/2012
Quote: terranakari
Spyroflame is right. Tashiji, Monsinour, and Chaoswaorrier, the three of you have been reported, idk how many topics ive seen the three of you go OFF TOPIC on and go on and on for a while, its annoying. I think ive only done it like once and then corrected myself. If you guys want a topic to go rant about religion and moral, do it else where, otherwise, this thread is for GameMaster and his Gold figure trading.

Ohes noes, i have been reported. AAAaaaaahhhhhh
---
My kids own :
#60 Posted: 23:21:17 25/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour

you should be ashamed, ive seen you say nothing but negative things to many people on many topics left and right, its down right annoying, grow up.

EDIT; also, end of disscussion, im not going to be throwing this topic off anymore then it already is.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:58 25/01/2012 by terranakari
#61 Posted: 23:22:04 25/01/2012

you should be ashamed, ive seen you say nothing but negative things to many people on many topics left and right, its down right annoying, grow up.

I dont wanna grow up, Imma toys r us kid!
---
My kids own :
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#62 Posted: 00:05:15 26/01/2012
I'd love to have your gold figure, but I have no golds to trade! My advice... sell it on eBay, you'll have anought to buy a different one.
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
#63 Posted: 00:24:14 26/01/2012
Chaosworrier... I'm not accusing you of being sanctimonious. That would be the people who piled on as soon as GameMaster mentioned vaults in the first place. This topic was never about that, and it's no one's right to run around enforcing their moral code. I don't care if stealing is wrong, it's equally wrong to be a moral crusader. We live by the laws, but we have no right to enforce them.

Also, as for being reported, I'm not going to deny that I've played a role in keeping this post off-topic, but for further examples, look at everyone else on these boards. Things do not stay on-topic here, ever. I'm not saying that to excuse whatever role I've played in this, but the truth is, it's part of a larger trend on the whole forum and not any one person's doing.
meds081603 Green Sparx Gems: 113
#64 Posted: 00:43:02 26/01/2012
I started it regretfully but i have been keeping quiet, can't everyone else.
#65 Posted: 01:45:07 26/01/2012
It wasn't just you, meds. It was everyone, myself included, using an innocent topic as a forum to express our ideology on stealing or, in my case, ideologies in general. We were all being sanctimonious, and we were all wrong, so please don't single yourself out. Let's allow this thing to get back on topic. smilie
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#66 Posted: 06:40:29 26/01/2012
now everyone, lets stop squeeling and complaining and oooh those gold figures shure are looking nice, but i have none to trade for..
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#67 Posted: 16:10:49 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
So, okay, I am now 3/3 on golds. I recently got - for cheaper than what I should have - gold Drill Sergeant and gold Flameslinger. However, I got them in triple pack. They're sealed in the triple pack packaging. This is where things get sweeter.

First, I will say this. I am going to give - so far - the gold Chop Chop to my son.

Now as to how I am gonna sweeten this deal for anyone who may run across a gold. If anyone runs across a single pack gold Drill Sergeant or Flameslinger, I will trade them this -

- triple pack with gold Flameslinger or Drill Sergeant (based on which single pack anyone may find or buy to do this trade)
- sealed Volcanic Vault
- pay for shipping on the items I ship in this trade, plus pay for the shipping of the person who trades me.

So if anyone runs across a gold Flameslinger single pack, I will give them the gold flameslinger triple pack, plus a Volcanic Vault, plus pay for their shipping on top of mine. Same with Drill Sergeant.

I have 2 sealed Volcanic Vaults to give, so if one finds a Flameslinger and another finds a Drill Sergeant, both will receive a vault. If one person finds both, I will send them TWO Volcanic Vaults as part of the trade. If that deal isn't sweet, I don't know what is, because if one were to want to sell the vault for money, that's 40+ for each VV alone.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:17 26/01/2012 by GameMaster78
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#68 Posted: 16:22:11 26/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I have 2 sealed Volcanic Vaults to give, so if one finds a Flameslinger and another finds a Drill Sergeant, both will receive a vault. If one person finds both, I will send them TWO Volcanic Vaults as part of the trade. If that deal isn't sweet, I don't know what is, because if one were to want to sell the vault for money, that's 40+ for each VV alone.

Didn't you say in another thread - maybe this one (I'm not going to check) - that you got those VVs for free because you took them out of the package and returned the starter sets to BB? Just sayin'.

I'm not ripping on your offer. It's a good deal if you have a gold, really want the VV and don't care if you have a triple pack gold instead of a single pack gold. But it's not like you're being a really swell guy to throw the VV in with the deal. They didn't cost you anything to obtain. And many would question (and have questioned) the ethics involved in acquiring them.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#69 Posted: 16:28:28 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm being swell, in the fact that those were to be backups incase something happens to the originals. They're intentions were to keep, before I thought to try fate's hand in using them as trade fodder. I also think about selling them for cheap to people, but I most likely will pass on that notion, because these aren't easy to come by, and I still have a wave of figures to get.

Any game I buy, that's sealed, like FFVII, VIII, etc, I didn't do because they would become collector's items. I did it incase some freak accident happens to the originals, then I could open the sealed ones.

It's very hard for me to let go of these extra VV's, despite the fact I may have gotten them for free. I know there is no other way to just go to the store and buy them. So it's swell of me to let go of something I really don't want to. However, I will in order to get single pack golds instead of triple pack golds. Golds are golds, sure, and I'm just happy to have all 3 in some form. But those who help me get singles, are doing me a favor, because it will save space when I re-arrange my Skylanders shrine to sit on an entire side of one of my walls.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:45 26/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#70 Posted: 22:32:27 26/01/2012
Man i want one of those VV's lol, whenever i go into town the stores are normally empty... so theres prob. a slime chance ill find a gold flame slinger/drill sergeant, but im DEF. keeping my eyes peeled!! X_X
---

#71 Posted: 02:46:37 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, now I have two gold Drill Sergeants. I won one off of Ebay, so now I am looking to get rid of the triple pack gold Drill Sergeant for what I paid for it. Actually, I will take a loss. I spent 83 total for it, after shipping. I won it for 76.00 bucks. If someone wants it for 76.00, I will eat the 5 dollar loss and even pay to ship it to whoever is interested.

Basically, 76.00 bucks and it's yours. If not, guess I have two different versions of gold Drill Sergeant. One single, one triple.
---
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#72 Posted: 02:50:24 27/01/2012
I only have a gold Chop Chop.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:53 27/01/2012 by P1anet Fun
#73 Posted: 03:27:10 27/01/2012
Well, now I have two gold Drill Sergeants. I won one off of Ebay, so now I am looking to get rid of the triple pack gold Drill Sergeant for what I paid for it. Actually, I will take a loss. I spent 83 total for it, after shipping. I won it for 76.00 bucks. If someone wants it for 76.00, I will eat the 5 dollar loss and even pay to ship it to whoever is interested.

Basically, 76.00 bucks and it's yours. If not, guess I have two different versions of gold Drill Sergeant. One single, one triple.

Sell it on eBay.
---
#74 Posted: 03:29:51 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh, and if anyone wants to trade, the new deal is gold Flameslinger, plus sealed Volcanic Vault, plus I will pay for the shipping of the trader, for a single pack gold Flameslinger.

Gonna give this gold Chop to my son.
---
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#75 Posted: 03:32:15 27/01/2012
Man. You're so lucky. I'm collecting the three packs of Skylanders, and it'd be awesome to have the gold ones in three pack form. I just can't justify spending that much on something I technically already have, and in the end doesn't actually look as good as the coloured one. ;__; Oh well. I might stumble upon a Gold in a three pack some day.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#76 Posted: 03:35:26 27/01/2012
He's not lucky. He's investing. Might pan out, might not.
---
#77 Posted: 03:39:00 27/01/2012
Quote: Himewad

I don't quite understand what you mean. :/

Honestly if I were you GameMaster, I'd hold on to both versions. They're technically different versions of Skylanders. You could check it off on your list that you have a Gold in both single AND three pack form!
---
#78 Posted: 03:41:58 27/01/2012
Quote: DinoHex

I don't quite understand what you mean. :/

Honestly if I were you GameMaster, I'd hold on to both versions. They're technically different versions of Skylanders. You could check it off on your list that you have a Gold in both single AND three pack form!

He only found one gold in a store, I believe. He paid through the nose for the others. So he is "investing" in them, hoping they retain their value or go up in value.
---
#79 Posted: 03:42:27 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Don't tell me that. I'll do it. smilie

I just thought I'd offer it here, to someone who may want a gold, before I do throw it back up on Ebay to get my money back (hopefully).

For some reason, it seems single pack Flameslingers go for a ton of money. What is it about gold Flameslinger, that is making everyone go above and beyond to get it?

I have that in a triple pack on the way. That one may have to be the one of him I get, if the prices on him keep going up.

EDIT: Actually, Hime, I am buying these with the intent to never sell them. I'm putting profit into someone's pocket, and never selling them.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:44:27 27/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#80 Posted: 03:44:29 27/01/2012
Don't tell me that. I'll do it. smilie

I just thought I'd offer it here, to someone who may want a gold, before I do throw it back up on Ebay to get my money back (hopefully).

For some reason, it seems single pack Flameslingers go for a ton of money. What is it about gold Flameslinger, that is making everyone go above and beyond to get it?

I have that in a triple pack on the way. That one may have to be the one of him I get, if the prices on him keep going up.

It's probably expensive because single Flameslingers are tough to find as it is, and also just because Flameslinger is awesome. smilie
---
#81 Posted: 03:46:06 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
More than likely. I mean, if I have to settle for gold Flameslinger in the triple pack, so be it. I still have him in gold. However, I would rather have them in single pack form. I guess any gold is better than no gold, for those of us trying to get them.
---
#82 Posted: 03:48:50 27/01/2012
Can the eBay seller take an item down if it has bids on it? If they can, why don't you make an offer to them to trade your triple pack for their single pack?
---
#83 Posted: 03:50:50 27/01/2012
More than likely. I mean, if I have to settle for gold Flameslinger in the triple pack, so be it. I still have him in gold. However, I would rather have them in single pack form. I guess any gold is better than no gold, for those of us trying to get them.

Personally I prefer the three packs over the single packs. I like how there's more to look at on a 3 pack than a single, though I know I'm in a minority on that. Most collectors want the singles. I have a handful of sealed singles, (Hex, Wrecking Ball, Boomer, and Stump Smash) but I'm not really sure what to do with them. Guess I'll hold on to them for now, and see if I can do anything with them down the road.
---
#84 Posted: 03:59:35 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Can the eBay seller take an item down if it has bids on it? If they can, why don't you make an offer to them to trade your triple pack for their single pack?

Don't think they can. I offered a person 130 for a sealed single gold Flameslinger. He replied that when he saw my message, someone had already bidded on it, or he would have ended up the auction.

So I don't think they can cancel once a bid has been placed.
---
#85 Posted: 04:02:58 27/01/2012

The seller would be crazy to do that as the single golds (Flamesinger to a large degree but also Drill Sarge) are selling for quite a bit more than the 3 pack ones. I know because when I bought mine, I watched quite a few auctions in a narrow space of time and the single packs always went for a fair amount more. I know that if I had of boght 3 pack ones, I would have got 3 for the price of 2 singles. I have kept a bit of an eye on the situation since, for friends, and hane not seen any real bucking in that trend.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#86 Posted: 04:11:04 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I got lucky with my single pack gold Drill Sergeant. Some people paid upward of 140+ for theirs. I paid around 100. I got uber lucky, which is odd, because my luck usually sucks.
---
#87 Posted: 18:55:47 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Drat. Some gold Flameslinger went for 100 on Ebay. Oh, well. My offer still stands, should anyone find a single pack gold Flameslinger.

My triple pack with a gold Flameslinger (sealed), plus a Volcanic Vault (sealed), for a single pack gold Flameslinger (sealed).
---
#88 Posted: 18:59:05 27/01/2012
Drat. Some gold Flameslinger went for 100 on Ebay. Oh, well. My offer still stands, should anyone find a single pack gold Flameslinger.

My triple pack with a gold Flameslinger (sealed), plus a Volcanic Vault (sealed), for a single pack gold Flameslinger (sealed).

Come on, GM! I expect you to be on eBay 24-7 to get this thing. Seal the deal already!
---
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#89 Posted: 19:26:47 27/01/2012
@Tashiji I know. They all ways make it harder to return items. And you know what is worse. My grandma who is 78 years old returned a computer to Best buy and they gave her half the price, and while in the car she noticed that they gave her the wrong amount of money. So when she went back to Best buy to get the exact amount of money the best buy employees said,"you never returned a computer."
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Spyro Forever Red Sparx Gems: 84
#90 Posted: 19:30:29 27/01/2012

Don't think they can. I offered a person 130 for a sealed single gold Flameslinger. He replied that when he saw my message, someone had already bidded on it, or he would have ended up the auction.

So I don't think they can cancel once a bid has been placed.

They can if it's more than 12 hours remaining in the auction.
#91 Posted: 19:56:55 27/01/2012
In my watch list I saw 2 gold flameslingers go for 83 and 71.
---
My kids own :
#92 Posted: 20:17:42 27/01/2012
There is a gold flameslinger in a triple pack that is in a auction and the highest bid so far is $51.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#93 Posted: 20:20:25 27/01/2012
Why don't people wait to bid on eBay until the very end of the auction? I don't buy on eBay very often, but when I do, I enter my highest offer with seconds to go in the auction. That way people don't have a chance to respond to my bid. And if someone else put in a max bid that was higher than my max bid, so be it. Bidding early never made sense to me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:20:56 27/01/2012 by Himewad
#94 Posted: 20:24:30 27/01/2012
Why don't people wait to bid on eBay until the very end of the auction? I don't buy on eBay very often, but when I do, I enter my highest offer with seconds to go in the auction. That way people don't have a chance to respond to my bid. And if someone else put in a max bid that was higher than my max bid, so be it. Bidding early never made sense to me.

That makes sense. The people who bid probably don't have the time to bid before the end because they may have work when the auction ends.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#95 Posted: 20:30:26 27/01/2012
There are programs to bid at last minute
#96 Posted: 20:32:41 27/01/2012
Quote: Reimu

That's true. But don't you still have to tell the program when to stop bidding?
---
#97 Posted: 20:46:04 27/01/2012

Nope, it has a field for max bid.
---
My kids own :
#98 Posted: 20:47:26 27/01/2012

That's what I was saying. A point you reach (dollar wise) when the program stops bidding.
---
#99 Posted: 21:28:20 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator

Come on, GM! I expect you to be on eBay 24-7 to get this thing. Seal the deal already!

Trying. I got a few more chances, before I have to just deal with having him in a triple pack.

I am selling my triple pack with gold Drill Sergeant for the price I paid for it on Ebay, which was 76 bucks, seeing as I got a single of it on the way. If no one buys it, I guess I got every version of gold character this wave (Chop single, Flame single - when I buy it - and triple, Drill single and triple).
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#100 Posted: 21:31:10 27/01/2012

That's what I was saying. A point you reach (dollar wise) when the program stops bidding.

Yes that's it. You tell what is the maximum you want to pay and the program will bid at last minute until it reaches the maximum.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me