Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Gold Trading. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 00:33:06 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I went to Walmart tonight, and found me a second gold Chop Chop.

[User Posted Image]

My reason for making this topic, is to hopefully trade with someone who has a gold Flameslinger or Drill Sergeant, but wants Chop Chop more.

If anyone wants to do an even swap of golds, or trade golds, make this the thread to do so.

I will also say, if anyone wants to part with their gold Flameslinger or Drill Sergeant (has to still be in package) for about 50 bucks, I will pay that 50 bucks, and also throw in a sealed Volcanic Vault. Volcanic Vaults go for 40 bucks + on Ebay, but maybe someone just wants to finish their collection, by adding Volcanic Vault to it.

[User Posted Image]
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#2 Posted: 00:38:53 25/01/2012
Just thought I'd point it out, but the EUR VVs don't have the paper inside.

What does it say?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#3 Posted: 00:40:18 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
It's sort of a hard card to keep the vault open. If the paper is removed, eventually the vault closes. I think they intended the vault to stay open, for effect. Those make sure the vault remains open.
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#4 Posted: 00:50:56 25/01/2012
Man...I wish I could find at least one gold or silver Skylander. Nice find, if I acquire a gold Drill Sargent or Flame Slinger then I'll trade it to you. I wouldn't take $50 from you though because I would only want the extra volcanic vault. If I took $50 then I would feel guilty about it.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#5 Posted: 00:56:12 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Don't feel guilty, it would be a gift for helping me. I would happily pay 50 for a true collector's item, plus throw in the Volcanic Vault.
---
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#6 Posted: 01:04:40 25/01/2012
I'll trade you for my sealed Boomer! : D
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#7 Posted: 01:11:04 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL! If you mean regular, then OH NO! If you mean silver, I already have him. If it were a gold Boomer, you would have a deal. However, I know that doesn't exist, so put that can of spraypaint away. smilie
---
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#8 Posted: 01:14:20 25/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
LOL! If you mean regular, then OH NO! If you mean silver, I already have him. If it were a gold Boomer, you would have a deal. However, I know that doesn't exist, so put that can of spraypaint away. smilie

Sarcasm of course. smilie I actually don't really care about the Silver or Gold Skylanders. I'd rather have the pretty colours on them. : )

I just wish I could find an unopened single of a regular Flameslinger, let alone a gold one. : (
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#9 Posted: 01:28:35 25/01/2012
Hey GM on the bottom of the solid silver and gold is there the little green piece of plastic or is it the same color?
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#10 Posted: 01:34:38 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
It's green like normal. Only the character and upper base is colored silver/gold.
---
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#11 Posted: 01:41:41 25/01/2012
omg im totally scouting for gold characters now! lol xD i wont have any money for skylanders until monday but im keeping my eyes peeled, ill trade you a gold flame slinger or drill sergeant for the VV alone lol
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#12 Posted: 01:52:51 25/01/2012
IF i see a gold/ silver skylander im gonna hide it in the store (in the sports section) until I have money then im gonna go back and buy it thats what i did with pokemon xD
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
malouff Blue Sparx Gems: 593
#13 Posted: 01:59:21 25/01/2012
I am not going out of my way this time like I did for the Cynder and Double Trouble but if I do run into one by chance I will let you know.

I also read on the other forum how you exchanged some of the consoles and kept the volcanic vault's.
GameMaster78
These are all of the Volcanic Vaults I have accumulated over a period of time. I didn't buy them. However, since Best Buy likes to kick defective products and I know they go in the garbage, I kept the vaults when exchanging a PS3 and 360 (portal was acting wonky) versions to the store. No need in throwing awesome things away
---
Still need from 1st game
volcanic vault & smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:58 25/01/2012 by malouff
#14 Posted: 02:09:07 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: malouff
I am not going out of my way this time like I did for the Cynder and Double Trouble but if I do run into one by chance I will let you know.

I also read on the other forum how you exchanged some of the consoles and kept the volcanic vault's.
GameMaster78
These are all of the Volcanic Vaults I have accumulated over a period of time. I didn't buy them. However, since Best Buy likes to kick defective products and I know they go in the garbage, I kept the vaults when exchanging a PS3 and 360 (portal was acting wonky) versions to the store. No need in throwing awesome things away

Yeah, those goons at Best Buy (and other stores) like to treat items like dirt if they're defective. So I kept the best parts of the Skylanders games I returned, since all they would do, is throw them in the trash. There's no reason to let a Volcanic Vault go in the dumpster, just because the portal is messed up. VV is innocent. smilie
---
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#15 Posted: 02:10:25 25/01/2012
Quote: malouff

GameMaster78

Yeah, those goons at Best Buy (and other stores) like to treat items like dirt if they're defective. So I kept the best parts of the Skylanders games I returned, since all they would do, is throw them in the trash. There's no reason to let a Volcanic Vault go in the dumpster, just because the portal is messed up. VV is innocent. smilie

good idea gamemaster
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#16 Posted: 02:12:29 25/01/2012
Can I please tactfully remind people that this is a forum frequented by children and that we guard our language appropriately?

Whilst I may agree with a sentiment, I do not necessarily agree with the expressions used to convey it...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#17 Posted: 03:02:08 25/01/2012
they dont toss em in the trash. they get RTVed.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#18 Posted: 03:14:11 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Monsinour
they dont toss em in the trash. they get RTVed.

They're still treating it like crap though. The Best Buy employee that exchanged one of mine, kicked it hard enough to dent the box. How can that be refurbed and resold, with a huge dent in the box?

That could have damaged the VV. I did the VV a favor.
---
#19 Posted: 03:20:30 25/01/2012
packing is inconsequential. parts to rebuild the portal are abundant. While working stock, i dropped a 27" tube tv on its face. complete garbage as you could hear the glass in the box. It was RTVed and the store got credit for it.

what you did makes no difference as the VVs were probably in a different shipment and arent included on the invoice for the games.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#20 Posted: 04:32:24 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, they had different barcodes on the bottom of the box. Like stickers with barcodes over actual barcodes.

In anycase, I just need gold Flameslinger.
---
Vhraina Green Sparx Gems: 210
#21 Posted: 05:40:45 25/01/2012
Man, I wished we could somehow buy this off of you for our son's collection. We have been looking for silvers and golds religiously for months (well, not the golds obviously smilie) and have yet to even see a hint. I think the game store owners and employees hide them from the general public here and conduct shady things after hours. We are there from the moment the trucks get there looking smilie. We want him to open a huge box when he gets old enough that will have every variant of every Skylander we could find for him.
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
#22 Posted: 05:46:06 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I honestly think that at times, too, Vhraina. However, when I called this Walmart tonight, asking for a gold character, sure enough he came back and told me he only had one.

I was thinking in mind, "please by Drill Sergeant or Flameslinger." He then told me it was Chop Chop.

I promised my son, that if I found all three golds, without having to trade, I would give this one to him for free. Chop Chop and Terrafin are his favorite characters. I just secured a gold Drill Sergeant, and for a far cheaper price than I expected.

If your son is wanting one, or you're wanting one for your son, I will keep an eye out. Toys R Us stores have yet to get wave 3 in my area. I will see what I can do.
---
#23 Posted: 05:48:58 25/01/2012
Oh, thank you! We'll keep an eye out for any repeat golds on our end for you as well! That and silvers.... We have had great luck, even found a pc copy of the game today for about 40 bucks smilie. But it hasn't been as good as your luck smilie
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
#24 Posted: 06:04:27 25/01/2012
I promised my son, that if I found all three golds, without having to trade, I would give this one to him for free.

Wait, you would charge your kids for a figure? Seriously?
---
My kids own :
#25 Posted: 06:08:42 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
That was taken out of context. Free, meaning he doesn't have to do anything for it. I don't spoil my kids with stuff. They have to work around the house for it. That teaches responsibility. I don't want my son to grow up being some lazy punk teenager who likes to mooch off others. He will earn his keep in life, because that is how he is being raised. He is already a darn hard worker at the age of 9. He makes me proud.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:09:15 25/01/2012 by GameMaster78
PortalMaster Red Sparx Gems: 62
#26 Posted: 06:13:24 25/01/2012
AUGHHH! Just joined! How do I set my avatar? Can someone please help.
---
Trigger Happy: No gold, no glory!!!!!!!!!! smilie
#27 Posted: 06:18:42 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Under settings up top.
---
#28 Posted: 06:35:06 25/01/2012
That was taken out of context. Free, meaning he doesn't have to do anything for it. I don't spoil my kids with stuff. They have to work around the house for it. That teaches responsibility. I don't want my son to grow up being some lazy punk teenager who likes to mooch off others. He will earn his keep in life, because that is how he is being raised. He is already a darn hard worker at the age of 9. He makes me proud.

This. We are the proud parents of a very gifted child (gifted meaning at 4 months, he started doing this [User Posted Image]
and now he plays peekaboo at just under 6 months of age with no help and with full understanding of what the game entails by lifting and lowering the blanket by himself to play.. [User Posted Image]
Yes...forgive a mother for wanting to brag lols) and we intend to raise him the same way. Children these days are too spoiled. It is horrible! We want him to grow up with morals and manners like we were raised with, not with the idealized versions the children today have (most of them at least.) As a teacher, it is important to raise him right, and make him understand the value of work and the dollar. Not to hand him everything and expect him to know how to do things once we kick him out and go on our life quest together.smilie
---
meds081603 Green Sparx Gems: 113
#29 Posted: 07:49:05 25/01/2012
I really dont think bragging about return fraud is a good idea. As was mentioned, there are lots of kids here. It is bad enough as an adult to do it but then to teach children.... just wow.
#30 Posted: 08:15:07 25/01/2012
Quote: meds081603
I really dont think bragging about return fraud is a good idea. As was mentioned, there are lots of kids here. It is bad enough as an adult to do it but then to teach children.... just wow.

I do not think he was bragging moreso than being a smart consumer. So what if he kept the vault. BB should not have made it so exclusive. They've discontinued it and didn't even offer it in their 3DS pack. Additionally, they are now selling sets WITHOUT the vault. ... Ooops. I think my husband and I did the same thing when our Spyro's entire base came chipped and wouldn't play right. We did take the sticker off so that they wouldn't assume it was the same, and we even mentioned it didn't work. Oh well. Best Buy won't accept returns without receipt even if the item was bought from their store. Defend the big market people who takes advantage of the little guy and don't respect them. Yeah... *applauds* Great way to win some brownie points....
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:28:20 25/01/2012 by Vhraina
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#31 Posted: 08:15:46 25/01/2012

Yes, because the corporations that stay in business solely by exploiting us need all the protection they can get. Thanks for sticking up for the little guy.
#32 Posted: 08:29:38 25/01/2012
Boy you sure made a lot of assumptions and put a lot of words in my mouth. The only thing i was talking about from that entire thread was the gloating about return fraud which had nothing at all to do with you. I will only suggest to you that you read your own post and take some of your own advice. And to tash, im not going to argue either but i truely hope your exaggerating to prove a point and you dont really think business works that way.
edit
boy you sure edited the heck out of that post. Much better this go round even though I completely disagree with the way you guys justify your dishonest actions.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:34:36 25/01/2012 by meds081603
#33 Posted: 08:37:22 25/01/2012
As I am sure you did yours by your count of three versus my two.
---
#34 Posted: 08:37:27 25/01/2012
What's there to justify? Why does Best Buy deserve anyone's consideration? Did I miss the part where Best Buy was a human being, or are you just being crazy here? I don't know why you're taking it upon yourself to defend them. Every year, they add new clauses to their return policy to make it even harder for honest people to return items that really are defective. Your loyalty is completely misplaced. Faith in the law is one thing, but faith in the corporate institution just makes you look naive. I'll put up with a lot, but a corporate apologist is not one of those things. Why do you feel that Best Buy deserves these posters' obedience?
#35 Posted: 08:45:24 25/01/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Every year, they add new clauses to their return policy to make it even harder for honest people to return items that really are defective.

Very true. Just this year we had several repeat movies gifted to us (purchased from BB, mind you) for Xmas but were unable to return them because we did not have the receipt. If they were to accept the unopened movies as their own, they would have sold for a profit of their own, even if they were not originally of their own stock. I remember a few years ago when the return policy was a bit more lenient and you could get decent customer service from them. Now corporations only care for themselves and the all-mighty dollar. What do we get from it? Raised prices, no "customer is *always* right policy, and ****ty craftsmanship. Times change. We get shortchanged in the end, no matter what we do or say. So what if you think what has been done was wrong. Others may think differently. All I can say is PvP in VV anyone on BB's dollar after being d***ed around for ages?
---
#36 Posted: 08:48:13 25/01/2012
Quote: Vhraina
Every year, they add new clauses to their return policy to make it even harder for honest people to return items that really are defective.

Very true. Just this year we had several repeat movies gifted to us (purchased from BB, mind you) for Xmas but were unable to return them because we did not have the receipt. If they were to accept the unopened movies as their own, they would have sold for a profit of their own, even if they were not originally of their own stock. I remember a few years ago when the return policy was a bit more lenient and you could get decent customer service from them. Now corporations only care for themselves and the all-mighty dollar. What do we get from it? Raised prices, no "customer is *always* right policy, and ****ty craftsmanship. Times change. We get shortchanged in the end, no matter what we do or say. So what if you think what has been done was wrong. Others may think differently. All I can say is PvP in VV anyone on BB's dollar after being d***ed around for ages?

^ This. Are you really saying the average citizen has no right to fight back? How do you figure? Look at the Occupy movement and the Anonymous hackings of various government and private institutions in response to SOPA and PIPA. Can you really call this type of social retribution wrong? Open your eyes.
#37 Posted: 08:58:54 25/01/2012
I did for spelling errors, not an entirely different post. Again i see im having words put in my mouth. No where di i say anything about suporting best buy or their practices. I actually do not like them and do not shop there. The reason return policies exist and get stricter is people cheating the system who ruin it for honest people.
#38 Posted: 12:59:24 25/01/2012
Whilst I agree with the sentiment to a fair degree, it is still disengenuous to censure stealing from a company in order to "fight the man".

It should be noted that companies tighten policies in a knee-jerk reaction to customers rorting the system. Don't get me wrong, I am the first to fight and complain when a store deals with me unjustly but I would never resort to less than scrupulous tactics to garner some level of personal satisfaction or revenge.

Stealing is stealing, no matter how you try to polish it. Not returning the complete item as just as illicit as removing the item from the box when it is on the shelf (shop lifting). It does not just hurt the store, it ends up hurting the consumer when the store raises prices to compensate.

Aah, you will rebutt, the item would just be sent back to the manufacturer, anyway. Well, that then did not hurt the store you intended a modicum of revenge on, did it? Also, the manufacturer either stops adding the freebies in retaliation or, at the very least, the mint, working item would not be recycled in another package for someone else to enjoy.

Anyway, how about we all try to get this topic back on track?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:01:04 25/01/2012 by chaosworrier
#39 Posted: 13:05:23 25/01/2012
The reason return policies get stricter is balance sheets, the bottom line, and a bunch of overpaid corporate fatcats estimating how much they can milk their customers for. Stealing doesn't even impact things on a scale like this, but they'd definitely like you to think that it does. I'm not saying to steal for satisfaction or revenge, I'm just saying, you could find way more sympathetic targets than a heartless corporate entity. It's one thing to steal from an actual person, but Best Buy is scarcely owned by people at all anymore. It's more a product of a business model than any one person, and that business model states that they make more money if they screw the customer, slash benefits for their employees to pieces, and give as little money as they can to anyone while still operating. I've never said it's our responsibility to become Robin Hood here, just that it's wasted breath to defend them.

Edit: Besides, the above posters were sold defective products there that, in all actuality, probably were headed for the dump. There really is no reason not to just pocket the vault when you KNOW they're not going to pack the game back up and sell it again. They can't, because it's broken? I'm really not seeing the purpose of making this a debate. Ethically, OR practically.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:24:12 25/01/2012 by Tashiji
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#40 Posted: 13:27:54 25/01/2012
Wait wait wait wait...

The fact that people are stealing the volcanic vaults is just pathetic. People are going around, I even saw a thread on here, wondering why their starter pack that came from Best Buy didnt have a volcanic vault.

It's probably because some asshole bought it and returned it without the vault, and since I'm assuming the vaults aren't in production anymore, they got screwed over.

The fact of the matter is Best Buy is in deep water financially, they're on the verge of bankruptcy and closure. So you stealing even something meaningless is disgusting.

What's more disgusting is that you're advertising that you have a bunch of them, and that they go for 50+ bucks on eBay but you're "Willing to throw them in"

NO. You STOLE them. If you cared enough you shouldn't be offering them as a free gift with trade or purchase, YOU SHOULD BE GIVING THEM AWAY TO PEOPLE WHO NEED THEM.

Sorry you're disgusting for doing this. What are you going to do when no one trades for them? You're not going to keep 6 of em, you'll sell some of em and then you're selling stolen merchandise.

If you can get 50 bucks a pop, no wonder you're buying so many figures, your stolen volcanic vaults are paying for them!
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#41 Posted: 13:40:09 25/01/2012
Nobody. Is. Stealing. Vaults.

I've seen two posters say that they kept the vault from a defective version of the game. In each of these posters' collections, I've seen SEVERAL boxed copies of the game that they KEPT. If that's not sufficient evidence that no one is scamming anyone else, then I don't know what is. If a game has defective portals or defective toys, which they're both saying is what happened, then it's their right to return it to the store for a full refund, and it is NOT going back out on the shelves after that. Repeatedly selling broken goods is not in their business model; rather, they cut their losses when a broken product is returned, and either ship it back to the manufacturer, or just throw it out. I've seen one person cite a defective portal and another cite broken figures as a reason to return their games, and those are valid ones. It's inarguable, really, and at that point, there are two good reasons just to keep the vault. One, because it's just going to be thrown away or pocketed by an employee if you don't, and two, because you were sold a broken product and that's a huge inconvenience that should never be a customer's responsibility; a vault is a small price for the hassle of driving back out, returning to the store, and praying they even accept this product from you without some ridiculous added documentation you didn't even know you needed. Or worse, a "buyer protection plan" that has to be purchased on top of the product just to return it in some cases.

You know what's really disgusting? Accusing somebody of being a thief just because you misread their post. GameMaster has that many versions of the game, and that's why he owns that many vaults. He's not abusing a return policy that has security measures in place to make sure you can't return the same game five times anyway. They link your ID to each return, specifically to put a halt to something like that. There's no way to return ten... twenty copies of the game and keep the vaults. The system is designed to stop you.

... Also, so what if Best Buy does go out of business? With the way they treat their employees, their customers, and their competition, I almost think the world would be better off without them. Maybe there would be more of a market for regional, locally owned electronics shops or... eh, who am I kidding, everyone will just go to Walmart.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:42:39 25/01/2012 by Tashiji
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#42 Posted: 13:45:13 25/01/2012
Anyone willing to drop $50 bucks on the Volcanic Vault is crazy. All it provides is a reskinned arena map. At most for a DLC type item its a buck. Given its a collectible little item that serves no purpose after the arena level has been unlocked it might be worth another buck or two more just as a piece. $50 though? Nah... never in a million years.
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#43 Posted: 13:51:51 25/01/2012
Nobody. Is. Stealing. Vaults.

I've seen two posters say that they kept the vault from a defective version of the game. In each of these posters' collections, I've seen SEVERAL boxed copies of the game that they KEPT. If that's not sufficient evidence that no one is scamming anyone else, then I don't know what is. If a game has defective portals or defective toys, which they're both saying is what happened, then it's their right to return it to the store for a full refund, and it is NOT going back out on the shelves after that. Repeatedly selling broken goods is not in their business model; rather, they cut their losses when a broken product is returned, and either ship it back to the manufacturer, or just throw it out. I've seen one person cite a defective portal and another cite broken figures as a reason to return their games, and those are valid ones. It's inarguable, really, and at that point, there are two good reasons just to keep the vault. One, because it's just going to be thrown away or pocketed by an employee if you don't, and two, because you were sold a broken product and that's a huge inconvenience that should never be a customer's responsibility; a vault is a small price for the hassle of driving back out, returning to the store, and praying they even accept this product from you without some ridiculous added documentation you didn't even know you needed. Or worse, a "buyer protection plan" that has to be purchased on top of the product just to return it in some cases.

You know what's really disgusting? Accusing somebody of being a thief just because you misread their post. GameMaster has that many versions of the game, and that's why he owns that many vaults. He's not abusing a return policy that has security measures in place to make sure you can't return the same game five times anyway. They link your ID to each return, specifically to put a halt to something like that. There's no way to return ten... twenty copies of the game and keep the vaults. The system is designed to stop you.

... Also, so what if Best Buy does go out of business? With the way they treat their employees, their customers, and their competition, I almost think the world would be better off without them. Maybe there would be more of a market for regional, locally owned electronics shops or... eh, who am I kidding, everyone will just go to Walmart.

Like another poster already said, which you clearly did not read or care to acknowledge because they don't agree with your opinion, when things get returned they go back to the manufacturer are fixed up and resold, or if they're too damaged the store gets reimbursed for the product. Removing items from the box makes the manufacturer lose money. This isn't a a petty game of "Well I deserve it I drove to the store" welcome to LIFE. Where things don't always go your way and you dont get to keep items that arent yours just because you feel you deserve them.

I feel like I deserve a Lamborghini, lemme just go steal one cause I deserve it for all my efforts in life.

GM has what? 6 Volcanic Vaults in the picture up there? (cant see it while posting). He has a version of the game for each of his kids and himself. Thats 3. The rest of the versions he has I would assume he kept SEALED IN THE BOX which means he can't just open it for the vault and take it out, that would make his boxed versions no longer mint. And THAT'S assuming he even got them all from Best Buy originally!

I'm sorry, but taking things out of a box and returning it is stealing. You're taking an item that you purchased, and getting a refund on it while still keeping the item without the store knowing. If they said "Well we're just going to throw it out anyways so you might as well keep it" that's a different story. You deliberately deceive them in order to make a personal gain. It doesnt have to be in the "Business model" because at the end of the day he's using them to his advantage to get more of what he wants, and he's doing so with an item he didn't pay for.

If you want to be Robin Hood GIVE to the needy, don't sell or offer as part of a barter. That's scumbag level.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:27 25/01/2012 by ialexonline
#44 Posted: 13:53:11 25/01/2012
They'll be over $50 soon, because Best Buy no longer carries them. The bulk of the new copies they receive are sans vault, and that will be all copies soon. $50 will seem like a bargain compared to what they go for this summer. ... If anything, they're selling copies of the game, new, for $50 right now. Just go buy one of those if you want a vault.

Edit: ialexonline, you completely misunderstand me. I did read that post, but the truth is, they don't ship units with vaults in them anymore. Regardless of where it does go, it's not back on store shelves. For that matter, they cost just a few cents to print in the first place. I'm not saying open the game with a hairdryer, swipe the vault, and return it to the store. If I were, that's the method you'd need to use, and I'd have said it. I'm merely suggesting that it doesn't matter, and with all of the shady practices Best Buy already employs, I'd hardly consider it anything but recompense. You say we don't deserve to just take anything from our corporate overlords? I say it's not a matter of deserving to or not; it's a matter of just going ahead and doing it. Morals don't exist on an abstract level like you seem to think they do, and for that matter, it's not a one-way street where a business takes what it wants, breaks and invents new rules, and the costumer has to sit there and accept it. This is the 21st century, and you could cut the social unrest in this country with a knife. Rebellion is, if anything, fully justifiable on its own, and it doesn't need me to argue on its behalf.

Welcome to the world, you say? I've lived there for quite some time, and I'd actually like to welcome YOU in by saying that nothing really matters. Life will keep on going one way or the other, and a five cent hunk of plastic has no bearing on anything. I'd happily take the vault from a defective product, and your analogy to a Lamborghini is dreadful. You simply can't compare the two. This is more like returning a defective Lamborghini and keeping the owner's manual. Who even cares?

For that matter, you're spending all this time encouraging GameMaster to give the vaults away. If this code of ethics is so important to you, it would follow that you should be demanding him to personally send them back to Activision in envelopes. Since you're not, it implies that you, too, have an agenda. Whether or not Best Buy deserves their vaults back is one thing, but sending them off to people on a forum, for free or for profit, is just as shady as anything else you've said from a legal perspective.

Look up Kohlberg's theory on moral development. A person with fully developed morals doesn't heed every rule; they view the world critically, and can recognize when even the law itself is unjust. You can't accuse either of these people of being a shady individual in this situation; they were wronged by an institute that sold them a broken product, and they responded. It's morally gray at best. There is no abstract right and wrong in this world, only the values which we ourselves choose to assign to right and wrong. You've got to stop being a moral crusader and accept that humanity doesn't universally subscribe to the same code of ethics.

And that's all I'll say on the matter. Anything else would be redundant at this point.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:11:39 25/01/2012 by Tashiji
#45 Posted: 15:09:36 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator

This. We are the proud parents of a very gifted child (gifted meaning at 4 months, he started doing this [User Posted Image]
and now he plays peekaboo at just under 6 months of age with no help and with full understanding of what the game entails by lifting and lowering the blanket by himself to play.. [User Posted Image]
Yes...forgive a mother for wanting to brag lols) and we intend to raise him the same way. Children these days are too spoiled. It is horrible! We want him to grow up with morals and manners like we were raised with, not with the idealized versions the children today have (most of them at least.) As a teacher, it is important to raise him right, and make him understand the value of work and the dollar. Not to hand him everything and expect him to know how to do things once we kick him out and go on our life quest together.smilie

Children are the coolest materials a person could own. They are worth bragging about. That's the only time I choose to be "materialistic."

By the way, beautiful baby ya got there.

As for me "stealing" the vault. I only go by what I was told. I was told by an employee in the gaming department at Best Buy, that they send it back, and the company who made the product will most likely trash it after reimbursing said store that sold faulty product.

So that's what lead to me keeping the vaults. I mean, if they cared so much and this is really a matter of "oh, well they refurbish it and send it back to stores," why didn't Best Buy even check the contents of the package? That's right, they don't care. They get their money back, Activision chucks the product in the trash. Why would they spend money fixing a faulty product, when said money could go into producing a new one?

It doesn't matter. It's not fraud, when you're told the corporation will chuck it in the trash. That's one less Volcanic Vault I "COULD" sell to any kid you may be mentioning, whereas Activition is bursting with money, so they can afford to throw something unique away, because they could care less.

I know right from wrong. That's why I've never been in trouble in life.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:16:11 25/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#46 Posted: 18:15:12 25/01/2012
Thanks smilie those are actually videos *grins* too cute... He loves holding and "talking" to Eruptor (also nomming on his hands but oh well, lol)

Exactly so, GM. Same thing here. They couldn't restock that Spyro just by sending it to be fixed. We asked about it over the phone before we went and were told basically the same thing. They'd be reimbursed the money anyway and it's not like the boxes with the vault in it cost anymore to sell to the consumer than those without. And I agree, Activision doesn't have time to go fixing faulty products, they just replace with new ones they can produce easily. Besides, we have bought all of our other copies "fair and square." It's not like we're those jerks who buy something in a box, replace item with brick or stones and return, keeping the item and fooling the store. We return the defective part, which Activision would want, and keep the part that we DID buy in the first place if the next box did not contain a VV (which ours did not). When you send in a PS3 to be repaired, if it is something inside of it that is broken, they do not request that you send the cords or the controllers or games to be replaced as well as the main system. They tell you keep that and they'll send you the new system. Same thing.
---
#47 Posted: 18:46:17 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks smilie those are actually videos *grins* too cute... He loves holding and "talking" to Eruptor (also nomming on his hands but oh well, lol)

Exactly so, GM. Same thing here. They couldn't restock that Spyro just by sending it to be fixed. We asked about it over the phone before we went and were told basically the same thing. They'd be reimbursed the money anyway and it's not like the boxes with the vault in it cost anymore to sell to the consumer than those without. And I agree, Activision doesn't have time to go fixing faulty products, they just replace with new ones they can produce easily. Besides, we have bought all of our other copies "fair and square." It's not like we're those jerks who buy something in a box, replace item with brick or stones and return, keeping the item and fooling the store. We return the defective part, which Activision would want, and keep the part that we DID buy in the first place if the next box did not contain a VV (which ours did not). When you send in a PS3 to be repaired, if it is something inside of it that is broken, they do not request that you send the cords or the controllers or games to be replaced as well as the main system. They tell you keep that and they'll send you the new system. Same thing.

Microsoft trashes 360's that have RROD. They never fix them and send them back. I know this, because I had it happen once. When it came back to me, it smelt new, and had a new manufactuer date on it.

Activision doesn't have the time to fix faulty products, because that's time and money wasted making new product that might not have the same issues.
---
#48 Posted: 19:07:58 25/01/2012
Yup. They also send back new guitars and drumsets as well for the respective games they are used for as well.
---
#49 Posted: 19:36:25 25/01/2012
Microsoft does actually repair them. Often for warranty service repairs you just get a new console. Your old one gets repaired and resold as a refurb unit. On another note.... I checked tons of stores today, found a few new 3 packs at several gamstops and a few older singles. Target had a few old singles and nothing at bestbuy or walmart. No silvers or golds :-(
#50 Posted: 21:16:46 25/01/2012
Microsoft does actually repair them. Often for warranty service repairs you just get a new console. Your old one gets repaired and resold as a refurb unit. On another note.... I checked tons of stores today, found a few new 3 packs at several gamstops and a few older singles. Target had a few old singles and nothing at bestbuy or walmart. No silvers or golds :-(

This so much; I have read so many threads about people getting back re-furbs which looked uglier than the one they sent in and people trying to request that their own box get fixed rather than the faster turnaround of a re-furb.

Back to my earlier points:

1/. Stores jack up prices due to theft (and have knee-jerk policy reactions) so it does hurt people, not just faceless entities.

2/. Back to base principles, you kept something which you did not pay for. There is only one word for that, no matter how you attempt to justify it. It is disengenuous to try to gloss over this point.

3/. It makes not difference if the item was faulty or not. When a buyer returns it, they should return it in toto. After all, if you bought a faulty iPhone, would you keep the charger when returning it? Why not, the charger still works and is inconsequential in cost compared to the phone? Oh, that's right, it is stealing... Right...

New point I forgot to mention last time:

Stores do not tighten their refund policy willy-nilly or for greed reasons. They actually end up hurting the bottom line to some degree when they do this as they offend the majority of patrons. The reason they do it is simple, thieves steal goods and then try to return them for cash or store credit.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me