Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Scalping at its stupidest! [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1 Posted: 05:50:54 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18x...=item3a6f86abcb

This is an indicator of how rare even stock standard figs have become in the great down under!

$499 for 18 figs and they are not even MIB...

I wonder if anyone is crazy enough to bid on it?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 05:53:44 24/01/2012
...Another scalper topic...?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
MasterRoy Green Sparx Gems: 122
#3 Posted: 09:12:07 24/01/2012
why do people buy skylanders on the web? people sell them ridiculousy high
---
For those whom i must protect i will not lose! smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#4 Posted: 09:29:56 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes, another scalper topic - I did not see one in immediate grasp on the first page. And, yes, I did indeed look.

For the record, the title of the thread was not misleading so if you did not wish to read another topic on the subject then you could have not opened it.

I also think that this case was crazy enough to deserve recognition in the hall of lame.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#5 Posted: 12:11:31 24/01/2012
This argument about "You don't want to read then don't" is not valid when you know that because of all these topics we can't find the important ones. Seriously it's starting to be impossible to find a specific topic with information in all this =/
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#6 Posted: 12:49:45 24/01/2012
true. we need more mods or something to clean away all the worthless topics that deserve a place in the trash instead of having them here in closed form.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
deathcrow Green Sparx Gems: 272
#7 Posted: 13:07:16 24/01/2012
Why are there so many people quick to say something negative on this forum? Seriously, this is a great place to get information and talk skylanders, but every thread has at least one person that has nothing positive to contribute to the topic. And for the record, some people have a life and don't have time to search through all the topics. Even if you do find a topic about what you want to discuss, usually by the end of it everybody is so far off the original topic or too busy trying to argue over how the original poster should have put the topic under another thread.

Maybe I'm just venting, but too many Spyro Police on here (you know who you are). So every time I hear someone crying about how someone should have put their topic in another thread, I can't help but quoting Cali "Really?...REALLY!?"
#8 Posted: 13:21:41 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, golly gee - I looked again and on the first page of threads in this forum there are only two scalper threads, mine and "How to tick off a scalper".

My point actually would be off-topic in that thread.

When I first joined this forum and read the help doco, I noticed a clear message on how the forum owner will decide on nominating moderators and no amount of "pestering" will expedite that process. I wondered why it was worded in such a (relatively) abrupt manner. After a few months in this forum, I now see why as there is a certain contingent of "holier than though" members who do not seem to have anything better to do than to niggle at every minor transgression (be it real or perceived).

As per usual, I agree with the overall sentiment; I, too, prefer not to see copious threads on the same topic but I clarified early on that I checked before I posted, folks.
---
Soylent Green is People!
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#9 Posted: 13:25:40 24/01/2012
I'm rather new here, so I don't have a lot of pull to say anything. Forums will always have people moaning about something. Welcome to the internet. Even with an "official" thread for <Insert random topic here> so long as users have the ability to make new threads you'll have people making their own clone threads anyways.

Its up to the powers to be to monitor and determine if the random threads of the same purpose getting made is becoming more of a nuisance. Do we need more mods? Can the mods we have make a couple more *Official* Sticky topics to cut down on cloning of topics?? Regardless sitting and complaining about things on the internet accomplishes absolutely nothing.
#10 Posted: 13:40:28 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Truth be told, I am a bit of a IT dinosaur and have been in the industry for a long, long time.

Consequent to that, I have been a party to many forums and even moderated a large number of them (quite often asked to take on the role given my fair, polite but no-nonsense attitude).

I have to admit that this is one of the "whiniest" forums that I have ever been privy to. In all fairness, I can see why most of the time but honestly wonder if some people have nothing better to do with their life or anything more fulfilling?

And, for the record, never think that a low Gem count or fresh tour of duty equates to pull. It is always about how one conducts oneself, with integrity and thoughfullness. Heck, I have been bullied on a few forums (in days gone past) for being the newb by people who had been there "since the beginning" and were "establishment". You know what happened? I ended up being offerred forum moderator roles and asked to keep the "establishment" in line and to get them to lose their arrogance. Not necessarily comparing that to here, mind you...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#11 Posted: 13:43:27 24/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Well, golly gee - I looked again and on the first page of threads in this forum there are only two scalper threads, mine and "How to tick off a scalper".

I'm sorry I wasn't pointing your topic, I was stating something global, it's starting to be out of control =/
#12 Posted: 14:08:10 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Reimu

I'm sorry I wasn't pointing your topic, I was stating something global, it's starting to be out of control =/

Likewise, I was not specifically pointing the bone at you. That said, when you make that statement in a thread, then it will be inferred to be pertinent to that thread.

I caution all gentle readers (myself included, of course) to always try to be mindful of our written tone and how our words may be construed.

While Reimu has been "tarnished" with the "forum cop" brush by some, I actually prefer her comments more than some others because they are at least gentle/tactful, for the most part.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#13 Posted: 14:46:59 24/01/2012
5 hondo for only 18 figurines? If that just isnt stupid, then I have no idea what it. This is obviously coming from someone keeping the game as spyro, gg, and TH, are missing from the collection. I would imagine the bright idea is "I can sell all this carp and then rebuy it all over again."

Quote: LyraDragon
true. we need more mods or something to clean away all the worthless topics that deserve a place in the trash instead of having them here in closed form.

Yea, I cant be mod here. More than half the threads would be deleted. I piss off too many people as well. And I spam worthless crap.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#14 Posted: 16:05:05 24/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
5 hondo for only 18 figurines? If that just isnt stupid, then I have no idea what it. This is obviously coming from someone keeping the game as spyro, gg, and TH, are missing from the collection. I would imagine the bright idea is "I can sell all this carp and then rebuy it all over again."

Quote: LyraDragon

Yea, I cant be mod here. More than half the threads would be deleted. I piss off too many people as well. And I spam worthless crap.

well a mod that knows what it is doing, and is mature. i mean, spyroasassin/theignitor/woodood14 would be a very bad one.
---
Team Drago
#15 Posted: 17:06:33 24/01/2012
Dark52 will never hire mods.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#16 Posted: 17:17:44 24/01/2012
Hiring implies money. Moderates are generally volunteers to sites like this.
#17 Posted: 17:19:11 24/01/2012
Whatever word we use, it still won't happen...
#18 Posted: 17:24:42 24/01/2012
*shrugs*

So long as the moderation is a one man/woman show there will always be problems. I've only been on the site a few days now so I can only go from what I hear from the recent string of complaints in a few threads.
#19 Posted: 17:37:09 24/01/2012
I noticed that most of the scalper topics lead to the same sites: ebay and amazon

'Ebay has this Skylander toy in an extremely high price, amazon has that Skylander toy in a very high unfair price. Scalpers are unfair!!'

Basically, it's like the kind of same topic of someone complaining about a scalper or seller on ebay and amazon selling a Skylander toy at a very high price.
---
#20 Posted: 18:02:58 24/01/2012
but why wont dark 52 hire any mods?
---
Team Drago
#21 Posted: 18:06:51 24/01/2012
Who knows? But he's convinced that he can take care of the forums on his own, according to the Help Files.
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#22 Posted: 18:10:34 24/01/2012
mods volunteer. to be fair and just, you need atleast 2. From what I have seen on this forum, there isnt 2 people that I would even nominate for moderator. 1, yea, kinda. 2? no way.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#23 Posted: 18:47:53 24/01/2012
I use my own method of "moderation" - ignore the topics that I don't want to read/look like they're going to be yet another duplicate instead of expending valuable energy posting in every single one about how redundant it is.

Yeah, I've done it a few times (who hasn't?), but I can't be bothered to waste my time doing it frequently.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#24 Posted: 18:51:59 24/01/2012
Wants a Like button for this post ^
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#25 Posted: 20:00:29 24/01/2012
One solution to ending scalping in your area is to inform the store workers about this suspicious activity. Most stores have a strict limit of 5 of any item.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:53 24/01/2012 by ramster1221
#26 Posted: 20:04:15 24/01/2012
Quote: ramster1221
One solution to ending scalping in your area is to inform the store workers about this suspicious activity. Most stores have a strict limit of 5 of any item.

But many stores get only 2 of each character =/
#27 Posted: 20:05:37 24/01/2012
Quote: Aura24
Who knows? But he's convinced that he can take care of the forums on his own, according to the Help Files.

well i dont mean to sound like a jackass..but he/she isnt doing a very good job. i mean, there has been more breaking of the rules, more pointless topics, more double-heck even triple posting then it ever was. and i dont see any change here. not yet at least.
---
Team Drago
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#28 Posted: 20:12:40 24/01/2012
so I take it that I was one of the lucky ones that had a huge shipment come into my area?
#29 Posted: 20:13:27 24/01/2012
Well it depends on where you went I guess
#30 Posted: 21:35:22 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I use my own method of "moderation" - ignore the topics that I don't want to read/look like they're going to be yet another duplicate instead of expending valuable energy posting in every single one about how redundant it is.

Yeah, I've done it a few times (who hasn't?), but I can't be bothered to waste my time doing it frequently.

Woah, there... Please stop posting calm, reasonable responses and move on to the mode where we can bicker incessantly.

But seriously, I also wish that there was a Like button for me to press on your post.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#31 Posted: 01:10:24 25/01/2012
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18x...=item3a6f86abcb

This is an indicator of how rare even stock standard figs have become in the great down under!

$499 for 18 figs and they are not even MIB...

I wonder if anyone is crazy enough to bid on it?

WHO THE **** WOULD BUY THIS!?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#32 Posted: 02:16:25 25/01/2012
It's worthless if it doesn't have Zap...
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#33 Posted: 02:39:36 25/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
It's worthless if it doesn't have Zap... (or Whirlwind).

There all fixed. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#34 Posted: 00:23:12 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
REMOVED: Ebay had a temporary abherration so my post was moot.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:09 02/02/2012 by chaosworrier
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#35 Posted: 00:41:29 02/02/2012
Quote: deathcrow
Why are there so many people quick to say something negative on this forum? Seriously, this is a great place to get information and talk skylanders, but every thread has at least one person that has nothing positive to contribute to the topic. And for the record, some people have a life and don't have time to search through all the topics. Even if you do find a topic about what you want to discuss, usually by the end of it everybody is so far off the original topic or too busy trying to argue over how the original poster should have put the topic under another thread.

Maybe I'm just venting, but too many Spyro Police on here (you know who you are). So every time I hear someone crying about how someone should have put their topic in another thread, I can't help but quoting Cali "Really?...REALLY!?"

Nature of internet dwellers? Some peeps live for negativity, because they know no better.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me