Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Ya wanna tick off a scalper and get away with it?
Page 1 of 1
Ya wanna tick off a scalper and get away with it? [CLOSED]
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#1 Posted: 03:16:24 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Here is your opportunity. Create an Ebay account legit or otherwise and place an offer of $7.99 on this item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-...#ht_2343wt_1039

I already did.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Tramz Red Sparx Gems: 42
#2 Posted: 03:22:29 24/01/2012
Heh I already did something like that.. to the very same guy I was arguing with in that other thread. I offered him $10 for a Cynder. Gotta consider tax and a dollar or two shipping you know ;]
---
M: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] T: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] U: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] L: [smiliesmilie] F: [smiliesmilie] E: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] A: [smiliesmilie] W: [smiliesmiliesmilie]
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#3 Posted: 03:31:02 24/01/2012
i went and offered a dollar xD
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#4 Posted: 05:08:08 24/01/2012
Yay! I am going to win this item - I will offer $8, even...

Oh, I just read Tramz's post - I might not win? smilie
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Tramz Red Sparx Gems: 42
#5 Posted: 05:26:59 24/01/2012
Heh my offer was rejected (a while ago at that), you're still top sail ;]
---
M: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] T: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] U: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] L: [smiliesmilie] F: [smiliesmilie] E: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] A: [smiliesmilie] W: [smiliesmiliesmilie]
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#6 Posted: 07:05:06 24/01/2012
No thanks, harassing someone is a little too childish for me.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#7 Posted: 09:52:49 24/01/2012
In all fairness, a person making a solitary low-ball offer is not harassment.

It may not be what the seller wants to hear but they chose the "Make Me an Offer" option.

If several people happen to choose to voice a similar dissenting opinion, then that is merely vox populi. Nobody is storming this seller's residence or threatening them. I can't even see anyone going to the extreme effort of making multiple accounts to reiterate the opinion.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Leviathan94 Green Sparx Gems: 127
#8 Posted: 11:13:23 24/01/2012
I live in Southern Ohio near Dover and when my walmart gets shipments the same guy buys everything and brags how he sells them on evilBay. The lady says he comes in everyday and night to look, and she said they are going to put a stop to him. Something tells me he is a scalper.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie]= Top Priority
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 11:19:10 24/01/2012
I know you're trying to make a point, but I don't have time for this nonsense. I have time to browse and post on a Skylanders forum, though. Gotta have priorities.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#10 Posted: 12:06:44 24/01/2012
I think it's better to ignore them until they think that there's no interest in these figures.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#11 Posted: 12:13:06 24/01/2012
I gotta agree with the last two here. Best to just ignore them all together. I've got far more important things to do than harass scalpers on eBay. Nor is it setting a very good example for some of the younger forum members here by promoting such actions.
#12 Posted: 13:31:29 24/01/2012
Some people have too much time on their hands.

Some people tilt at windmills by pointlessly sending low-ball offers to scalpers. Then again, some people tilt at windmills by posting ad infinitum on threads they have no interest in.

In an active forum, threads are like living organisms - they only thrive when fed. If a thread is useless it quickly dies of attrition and it not heard of again (initially relegated to subsequeent pages which no one looks at).

For the record, I am one of those people with too much time on their hands.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#13 Posted: 14:20:10 24/01/2012
You'd be surprised.....he probably saw your offer....laughed and then deleted it. I don't think he gave it a second thought. It's not like you are causing him the least bit of a problem by making him offers. He can just decline the till the cows come home.

I agree that scalping is a bit silly. But it's the nature of the east. Something becomes hard to get and sought after and as soon as some find out, it will get worse with the scalping till stores get flooded with them.

You are just pissing into the wind if you ask me...
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#14 Posted: 14:31:29 24/01/2012
this forum has been ALOT more active lately, and noo-i mean new users are spawning every second as well as new topics every 5 minutes. also, double posting has become a thing. why is that?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#15 Posted: 14:53:37 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
The idea is to take the 3 minutes out of your life (far less than some of the carpy utube junk that has been posted here) and just offer the guy retail for it. It makes a point and you can sit back knowing that you just might win. While my offer was rejected within 30 minutes, there was that hope of acceptance.

Honestly, how is rebellion a bad thing to learn when your a teenager?
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#16 Posted: 14:55:15 24/01/2012
I'm not a teenager =) I just think that ignoring him is a better way to do it smilie
#17 Posted: 15:06:23 24/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Seriously? Teenagers utilize rebellion too often as it is. They need to learn a little more about conformity if you ask me. Not in terms of accepting the status quo, but there are times - most times - when you should just go with the flow and keep a low profile. Too many people do stuff just to get noticed publicly nowadays. Just look at the idiots lining up for American Idol auditions.

And this is not a form of rebellion. True rebellion would be a massive amount of users contacting eBay about scalping users - not annoying the scalpers themselves. But the very nature of eBay - selling to the highest bidder - makes it a haven for scalpers. So it's a waste of time IMO.
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#18 Posted: 15:11:31 24/01/2012
Quote: Himewad

Seriously? Teenagers utilize rebellion too often as it is. They need to learn a little more about conformity if you ask me. Not in terms of accepting the status quo, but there are times - most times - when you should just go with the flow and keep a low profile. Too many people do stuff just to get noticed publicly nowadays. Just look at the idiots lining up for American Idol auditions.

And this is not a form of rebellion. True rebellion would be a massive amount of users contacting eBay about scalping users - not annoying the scalpers themselves. But the very nature of eBay - selling to the highest bidder - makes it a haven for scalpers. So it's a waste of time IMO.

^
This right there
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:48 24/01/2012 by GothamLord
#19 Posted: 15:11:46 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
A little rebellion goes a long way. Not acting out, just not taking what has been done for so many years. Goth, Emo and the like have replaced headbangers and druggies. Some of the best ideas have come from thinking outside of the box. The only way to get there is to rebel against the norm.
---
My kids own :
#20 Posted: 20:55:59 24/01/2012
A little rebellion goes a long way. Not acting out, just not taking what has been done for so many years. Goth, Emo and the like have replaced headbangers and druggies. Some of the best ideas have come from thinking outside of the box. The only way to get there is to rebel against the norm.

Rebellion does not equal thinking-outside-the-box. I don't see goth groups as a hub of brilliant thinkers. They are rebelling, but not in a thinking-outside-the-box sort of way. More of a look-at-me-for-shock-value sort of way.
---
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#21 Posted: 01:01:09 25/01/2012
Quote: Himewad

Rebellion does not equal thinking-outside-the-box. I don't see goth groups as a hub of brilliant thinkers. They are rebelling, but not in a thinking-outside-the-box sort of way. More of a look-at-me-for-shock-value sort of way.

Agreed. You'd be supprised though, I went to school with a few goth people who were supprisingly smart smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me