Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I truly am honored. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 21:17:12 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
So I go to work today and jump on the net. I make my normal rounds, and then I go to Twitter.

When I go there, I see this -

https://twitter.com/#!/BaconIceCream

4th tweet down from the top. He mentioned my collection after seeing my collection on Neogaf, where I showed it to other Skylander fans.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/sh...=448687&page=24

It's not everyday the lead designer of a game comments on a normal customer's collection of said game.

Others have commented on my collection as well, since his tweet, on Twitter. It's just awesome to know there are other Skylander fans out there, who like seeing my collection, instead of shunning it for whatever reason.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#2 Posted: 21:30:58 23/01/2012
Nothing like getting your epeen stroked somewhere else. I also noticed the other 40 year old virgin comment as well.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 21:31:21 23/01/2012
That's certainly cool and all, and that collection is neat as well. But it's debatable whether or not it needed another thread about it.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#4 Posted: 21:33:19 23/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
That's certainly cool and all, and that collection is neat as well. But it's debatable whether or not it needed another thread about it.

This...
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#5 Posted: 21:39:59 23/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Nothing like getting your epeen stroked somewhere else. I also noticed the other 40 year old virgin comment as well.

I couldn't help but notice that comment, too. xD

Quote: spyroflame0487

So unbelievably true.

Sorry, GameMaster, but, look, we all know you have an "awesome" collection and it's cool and all that you're getting noticed for it; however, I'm sure at least half of this forum has seen your "mancave." It gets kinda old to put it nicely.

And there's no way you're a "normal" customer. Normal customers are the majority of people on this board. You definitely don't fit into that category.

I give you kudos for being noticed by a higher, but that's all I'll give.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
drobot Green Sparx Gems: 177
#6 Posted: 21:53:37 23/01/2012
Cool!
---
Skylanders I have, smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie
#7 Posted: 21:55:40 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I never saw that movie. I never found Steve Carell to be funny, even as Maxwell Smart.

EDIT: I guess I should have put this in with my collection topic. I will close this if no one else posts.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:25 23/01/2012 by GameMaster78
Morgan Elf Green Sparx Gems: 136
#8 Posted: 22:00:58 23/01/2012
Geeze - People why so hostile? If money were no object, I'd have 2 of everyone!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#9 Posted: 22:01:41 23/01/2012
Quote: Morgan Elf
Geeze - People why so hostile? If money were no object, I'd have 2 of everyone!

It's more about multiple topics about the same subject here, nothing about money.
terradorheart Green Sparx Gems: 418
#10 Posted: 22:02:42 23/01/2012
The lead designer is probably happy that you're lining his pockets! smilie Jokes aside, you have a great collection! You have a right to show it off a little smilie
#11 Posted: 22:06:08 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, they probably got promoted due to how well this game has done.
---
#12 Posted: 22:07:35 23/01/2012
Hopefully, that will lead to some new games in the franchise soon
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#13 Posted: 22:08:11 23/01/2012
Yeah...it's come to the point where I feel all you're doing is bragging about your collection.

I can afford two of every character as well. You have four if you count each of your kids with theirs also. Still can afford that.

I'm just smart enough to not...

It's nice you choose to have a large collection, but stop the bragging please.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 22:12:07 23/01/2012
His post probably just should have stayed on his old collection board
#15 Posted: 22:13:26 23/01/2012
It's what he also said, so if we stop to post he will close this one and just write in one of his 3 posts.
#16 Posted: 22:13:29 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Sorry everyone is taking it the wrong way.

I posted it because I thought it was cool a designer of a game is taking note of a fan (meaning he would possibly do it for all fans), for their collection.

You guys are seeing it differently, for whatever reasons you may want to assume, but to me, I see it as I am slowly gaining respect for Activision, for taking notice of their fans, instead of making fun of them for lining their pockets.

That, and people here usually say hateful things, so it's good to see fans of the game who appreciate this property and others' collection, instead of always having something negative to say. Like I said, sometimes, this site is a total buzz-kill, due to all the negative remarks people receive if they wipe their *** sideways.
---
#17 Posted: 22:16:00 23/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Sorry everyone is taking it the wrong way.

I posted it because I thought it was cool a designer of a game is taking note of a fan (meaning he would possibly do it for all fans), for their collection.

You guys are seeing it differently, for whatever reasons you may want to assume, but to me, I see it as I am slowly gaining respect for Activision, for taking notice of their fans, instead of making fun of them for lining their pockets.

That, and people here usually say hateful things, so it's good to see fans of the game who appreciate this property and others' collection, instead of always having something negative to say. Like I said, sometimes, this site is a total buzz-kill, due to all the negative remarks people receive if they wipe their *** sideways.

You know that at first we all liked your collection, but now with (I don't know how many) all these topics you made about it, we are quite tired of it Gamemaster, and this will happen everywhere. At first they admire you collection, but when you keep posting new topics about it, we get a bit tired of it...
#18 Posted: 23:03:26 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
So, a timeline is in order.

Vhraina started a topic about Skylanders collection. If I recall, someone there told me I should start and maintain my own collection, updating it everytime I got something new. That makes two.

Now we are on the third topic, right? Wrong. I didn't post pics to my collection here, like I did in the original, and the one I was requested to start up and maintain.

You guys gotta exercise those brains a bit. When is the last time I ever updated my picture post in Vhraina's topic? Not since the day I posted them. I keep going to the one I was "requested" to start.

Again, this topic has nothing to do with me posting pics about my collection, because none were posted. My post was created, due to the fact that it was nice to get recognized by the designer of this game, instead of them only caring about what customers line their pockets. I also made it, because it was nice to see people say I am not over-obsessing over this game, due to the size of my collection. Rather, they are saying the size of my collection, isn't a bad thing.

Again, sorry if you guys made the assumption I was here to brag about my collection, when I am just showing respect to Toys for Bob, for showing some respect to me.
---
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#19 Posted: 23:05:33 23/01/2012
If nobody cares then why would people continue to post?

It must be nice to be recognised for being a big fan... albeit a big fan with a big wallet smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#20 Posted: 23:12:44 23/01/2012
i have no problem with GameMaster78 and his collection. its just awesome...
#21 Posted: 23:15:06 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks you two. I really wasn't boasting about my collection a third time. Infact, I wasn't doing it a first or second time, as in my eyes, if someone owns one Skylander, their collection is awesome. I also say that, because most gamers these days, are elitists who only flock to AAA titles, while not giving new IP's like this a chance.

We all gave this game a chance, which makes all of our collections as equally awesome as one anothers.
---
#22 Posted: 23:20:22 23/01/2012

Again, this topic has nothing to do with me posting pics about my collection, because none were posted.

Who did talk about pictures?
#23 Posted: 00:03:47 24/01/2012
All I said was it is obvious you like having your epeen stroked. I could careless about pics or how many threads you make about this. I have said more power to you many times.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#24 Posted: 00:18:12 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
YES I LIKE HAVING IT STROKED! I shouldn't have to come out and admit it. Oh, wait, I just did. smilie

>.>

<.<

*throws smoke pellet and vanishes*
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#25 Posted: 00:37:03 24/01/2012
Grats GM78!!! It's always nice when your collection get's a little recognition.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#26 Posted: 00:48:15 24/01/2012
Stroke, stroke. I feel dirty.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#27 Posted: 01:02:06 24/01/2012
Have I got to be the one to say that being mentioned specifically by the lead developer of the game clearly deserves its own thread? After two pages, you'd think somebody would've pointed that out already. Derp.
#28 Posted: 01:24:14 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Himewad
Stroke, stroke. I feel dirty.

AHH! Thanks. smilie
---
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#29 Posted: 01:41:13 24/01/2012
Yeah, very cool to see today when I finally got back from my twitter hiatus.
<--Jealous!! (in an admiring kind of way)
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#30 Posted: 03:53:59 24/01/2012
o.O your collection makes me envious so much. so many and I can't find any makes me sad but anyway what are you gonna do with the volcanic vaults and what is that paper looking thingy? what does the sky iron shield do in the game?
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#31 Posted: 04:01:32 24/01/2012
I wish I had a collection like this, but I wouldn't invest all that money into it.
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#32 Posted: 04:03:45 24/01/2012
^ Heck, I don't even have the money.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#33 Posted: 04:03:55 24/01/2012
Quote: P1anet Fun
I wish I had a collection like this, but I wouldn't invest all that money into it.

All you need to do is sell a kidney. You don't really need two of them.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#34 Posted: 04:38:39 24/01/2012
WOW congrats Gamemaster I've always loved your room big fan. Have my own man cave started. Looking good but not as nice as yours is. Very insperational love how you have the collectons hung on the wall like that. I started doing that with my collection when i saw yours.
Good stuff buddy keep it up :-)
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#35 Posted: 04:41:21 24/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
Quote: P1anet Fun

All you need to do is sell a kidney. You don't really need two of them.

TIME TO GO LOOK FOR A SICK CHILD WHO MATCHES ME.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#36 Posted: 04:45:19 24/01/2012
Make sure you actually *sell* it. Donating it isn't going to net you anything. smilie
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#37 Posted: 05:14:52 24/01/2012
Better off going on ebay to sell it. You'll make a fortune LOL.

Love to see that ad
Selling one slightly used kidney but works like new LOL :-)
#38 Posted: 05:24:04 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: dragonmk
o.O your collection makes me envious so much. so many and I can't find any makes me sad but anyway what are you gonna do with the volcanic vaults and what is that paper looking thingy? what does the sky iron shield do in the game?

I hope to be helping people get what they're looking here, this week. I was hoping to use the Volcanic Vaults in a trade. P1anet Fun is one I offered one of them to, along with Whirlwind, DT, and DS for the Legendary Pack I assumed he got. Don't know if he did, or just passed on my offer, but what can ya do? Sky Iron Shield places two shields of the same look, swirling around you for a period of time, which supposedly causes you to take less damage.
---
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#39 Posted: 06:11:51 24/01/2012
I think it's really cool that a lead designer of this game commented on your collection!!!!!!
Really cool Man!!!!!!

I hope they have a few spies on these forums and listen to everything we talk about!!!!
Could only make for more great games.....cause we are all great!!!!

Lets stroke everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:58:30 24/01/2012 by JAP28
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#40 Posted: 08:10:29 24/01/2012
I think that's a cool achievement in itself. Congrats, GameMaster!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#41 Posted: 09:49:31 24/01/2012
I can appreciate the point of view of many people here but I would also like to temper it with a bit of perspective, if I may.

No one forces you to read a thread. Whilst I admit that the subject line did not make the topic clear, the worst case scenario is that you wasted a moment of your life starting to read the OP and decide that the thread is not for you. You then can freely move on to read another thread or have a cup of tea or even see a movie.

I find it a tad tiresome with all of the complaining in this board. Please remember that there is no gun to you head; if you don't want to read a thread then leave it be.

Personally, I dislike the threads with one word, generic titles as I often originally think they will be about something interesting but tend not to be. I also did not feel inspired by the art thread (bordered on insipid to my taste) and am ambivalent to so many threads on stores which don't have stock (the signal to noise ratio is terrible when it would make logical sense to only report stores which did have stock).

But you know what? I simply left them unread after I deduced that I would not wish to read them further and moved on with my life.

Anyway, back to this thread. Is it a touch pretentious to post about this? I say yes. Would I do it? Maybe, maybe not - the jury is out on that matter. But the facts remain that it does not pretend to be something it is not. If I had an image up of my collection, including 3 silvers and 3 golds (when they all arrive) and someone from Activision took note, then I think I would most likely also gloat a bit. My hypothetical scenario may involve a new thread or may not. Either way, free speech, and all that...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#42 Posted: 12:58:56 24/01/2012
oh gamemaster, you just love to brag about your collection, eh? i mean this is some nice achevement, but..well i have lost my ''omg that is so effin awesome'' feeling whenever i see your collection being mentioned. everywhere.

now i belive we must all stop posting, so our dear gamemastah can close this topic for good. its a waste of space.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
deathcrow Green Sparx Gems: 272
#43 Posted: 13:14:47 24/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
I can appreciate the point of view of many people here but I would also like to temper it with a bit of perspective, if I may.

No one forces you to read a thread. Whilst I admit that the subject line did not make the topic clear, the worst case scenario is that you wasted a moment of your life starting to read the OP and decide that the thread is not for you. You then can freely move on to read another thread or have a cup of tea or even see a movie.

I find it a tad tiresome with all of the complaining in this board. Please remember that there is no gun to you head; if you don't want to read a thread then leave it be.

Personally, I dislike the threads with one word, generic titles as I often originally think they will be about something interesting but tend not to be. I also did not feel inspired by the art thread (bordered on insipid to my taste) and am ambivalent to so many threads on stores which don't have stock (the signal to noise ratio is terrible when it would make logical sense to only report stores which did have stock).

But you know what? I simply left them unread after I deduced that I would not wish to read them further and moved on with my life.

Anyway, back to this thread. Is it a touch pretentious to post about this? I say yes. Would I do it? Maybe, maybe not - the jury is out on that matter. But the facts remain that it does not pretend to be something it is not. If I had an image up of my collection, including 3 silvers and 3 golds (when they all arrive) and someone from Activision took note, then I think I would most likely also gloat a bit. My hypothetical scenario may involve a new thread or may not. Either way, free speech, and all that...

This is exactly the way I feel about it! This forum is getting way too many negative comments from the same people. Don't you have a life or a job or school or something? Is it really upsetting you so much that you have to comment on almost every thread how YOU would have put it somewhere else? Spyro Police.........
#44 Posted: 14:45:38 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, what has started bugging me about this forum, is the negative comments over anything I do. Some people are just saying stupid **** now.

I made this topic, because I felt honored by the fact that my 2k+ collection, hasn't gone to waste. It has gotten noticed by even the developers. What's not to like about that?

To post and say "hey other Skylander fans in other places, aren't being as negative as the ones here," is bragging how?

I didn't come in here, and say "My superbly awesomely epic collection, that only I have, that you guys wish you had, got noticed."

I simply said it got noticed. I mentioned my collection getting noticed by the developers, not brag about my collection myself. I'm sorry if people want to think it's another bragging post, but I wasn't bragging at all. People need to learn the difference and stop sippin' the hatorade so much around here.

How can I stay and help a forum, when a lot of people start going emo and act immature? It's getting tired.
---
#45 Posted: 14:56:09 24/01/2012

I didn't come in here, and say "My superbly awesomely epic collection, that only I have, that you guys wish you had, got noticed."

Not in so many words, but its there. But yea, congrats on another guy you wont ever meet liking what you have.
---
My kids own :
#46 Posted: 15:07:18 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
It's only there for those who want to nitpick, or be emo. Fact is, other people see it as well. There are a certain group of people here, that make this site totally un-fun to even come to.

I mean kids are getting thrown in trash cans, left to die, while people here **** and moan over what people post. Some people really need to prioritize what it means to have "real" problems and complaints. To do that, though, they would have to think outside the box.
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#47 Posted: 15:08:51 24/01/2012
For what its worth, your collection is what gave my wife and I the idea to go get the storage totes to store our little collection. I personally have no issue with your collection. I have a rather unhealthy collection of Batman memorabilia that could probably put people to shame. Its been something thats been 15+ years of collecting too. After the initial shock of "Holy crap GameMaster has a lot of Skylanders stuff" I as an adult sit there and start wondering where all my own money goes because there is no way I could have dropped the amount of cash you did for such a investment, and I have a fairly decent paying job and no kids (not counting the dogs). So no hate on my end but I sure wish I had your apparent income.
#48 Posted: 15:24:22 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Gotham. Batman is awesome, so if that's your cup of tea, keep building that collection.

I'm not here to shock people with my collection. I just show it off, like others here do. Some people just misconstrue my intentions. Sometimes, I think they are now doing it on purpose. Maybe people want to find things to ***** about in life, while the real problems aren't on their monitor, it's outside in the world.

Ah, such is the nature of the internet.

My only intentions here, are to post with fellow Skylander fans, help fellow Skylander fans, and show/update my Skylander collection for other Skylander fans to see, which is done on my collection post per the request of others.

This topic was to show respect for a company that showed me a bit of respect, when their president is normally making fun of their customers for turning their "50 dollar games, into a 500 dollar purchase." I was impressed to see them not being a douche, but instead, showing a bit of thanks. That's the nature of this post.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:34:40 24/01/2012 by GameMaster78
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#49 Posted: 16:02:07 24/01/2012
^we get it now, geez smilie
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#50 Posted: 19:01:58 24/01/2012
If people have an issue with this thread, why don't they just not go in it instead of coming in here purely to pick at GameMaster? It's not like he makes a topic three times a day "bragging" about his collection and, as far as I've seen, any post he has made about his collection has been about a different subject (Activision's recognition, storage container suggestions for Skylanders, and so on).

I've only been at this forum a couple of months, but I love it here, with exception to the constant nitpicking that seems to go on. As I said in another thread, why not just leave people to post things? As long as they're not breaking the rules, it's not really all that harmful, right?
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me